October 20, 2014 | 1683 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Retrospeck

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 7:00:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really pretty colour,a shimmery pale champagne gold, but can be quite messy to work with due to the lustre finish. When I use this shadow it's usually on the lid and I apply it over a tacky base and use packing motions to help minimize the fall out. I like to reach for this colour on days when I'm tired and need a shadow that will give the illusion I'm more alert and bright eyed. I apply this all over the lid followed by a brown shade in the crease (usually a matte or satin finish to avoid shimmer overload, such as Cork, Wedge, Espresso, Mystery, Brun, or Charcoal Brown) and a hi-lighter under the brown bone (usually Brule, Blanc Type, or Shroom). Very easy and simple look for days that I need to look alert and get out the door quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by fairyshine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Gotta join the choir here... I love this color. It is a little different from some of the other MAC colors because it is a LUSTRE, (I have SWEETEN UP too) and the application is a little different (at least for me). The "swipe" does not work for this, unless you'd just like a light dusting of gold on top of another color. This is a color that needs a stiff brush and to be buffed in. The more you buff the higher the shimmer. Use a base and buff and the gold is awesome!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

One of my favorite MAC eye shadows! A lovely pale beige golden color. Although it is shimmery I like it all over the lid for a neutral daytime look. A staple in my neutral palette.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

I am not sure why this product is so popular. It is very chalky, difficult to get a smooth application with, and appears glittery rather than shimmery on the lids. I honestly don't see why this product does well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like Retrospeck, it's a beautiful shimmery, pale cream with gold. I like using it with every eyeshadow - Bronze, Romp, Club, Sumptuous Olive, Tempting, etc. I LOVE it!
I would say that this is the closest eyeshadow to Vanilla Pigment. I use this to brighten my green eyes as well as to highlight my cheek bones, down my nose, cupid's bow, brown bones, and the inner corner. It's very versatile on my light skin! I love using it alone as a highligh, but I love it even more over MAC's Pearl Cream Color Base. I really love highlighting my face - I never miss it because it really gives some life to skin and I just love the way it looks!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by nataleighh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This one of my favorite shadows MAC makes. It's a lovely golden shimmer that is striking but not overpowering. I have marbled green eyes and pale skin and it is great to brighten the corners of my eyes. If I'm going more dramatic, then I use this on my lid and MAC's Bronze in the crease, with fluidline and plushlash to finish it off.

I've hit pan on my first one and have already started using my second one! Great product!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Kybele

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of two things I've ever hit pan on, which is saying quite a bit. I love this shadow with Tempting on my blue-grey eyes, it's my go-to must look great shadow combination. Never never fails over several years!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by danielaaacastro

HG eyeshadow. I can wear it on it's own, with a color in the crease, or on top of the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in "Iced Mocha" (thats my favorite way). It's a beautiful pale gold. Kind of glittery, but once you pack it on your lid, IT'S GORGEOUS!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by glowww333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It was recommended to me by the MA when I first got into MAC and i bought it. It always looked like silver to me but than it would go on too sheer and to shimmery. Than I learn to obey the following rule: use shimmery shadow with matte looks and matte/opaque shadow with shimmery looks. It is actually not silvery, it is actually more yellowish, although my eye does not pick it up when it is in the jar. I do not think anyone has a dupe for this one, worth checking out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by tittillate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is one of my favorite all over the lid eyeshadow shades. i used it everyday at one point. it's a light gold with shimmer. some of the shimmers are chunky. not in a bad way, for me at least. i don't get any fall outs from it. overall, i would definitely repurchase