MAC Lustre - Retrospeck

4.2

on 12/22/2010 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I wear this on the lid (with teddy smut into lash line for example) I feel the most gorgeous! I love the shimmer it gives my lids and opens up my eyes. I look polished and festive without having to have a dark smoky eye.

on 12/18/2010 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Have bought this a couple times already. This is my eyebrow highlighter/inner eye color!!! Love it. Shimmery gold, translucent 4 the most part. i use this or Grand Entrance depending on day.

on 12/12/2010 7:00:00 AM

Really pretty colour,a shimmery pale champagne gold, but can be quite messy to work with due to the lustre finish. When I use this shadow it's usually on the lid and I apply it over a tacky base and use packing motions to help minimize the fall out. I like to reach for this colour on days when I'm tired and need a shadow that will give the illusion I'm more alert and bright eyed. I apply this all over the lid followed by a brown shade in the crease (usually a matte or satin finish to avoid shimmer overload, such as Cork, Wedge, Espresso, Mystery, Brun, or Charcoal Brown) and a hi-lighter under the brown bone (usually Brule, Blanc Type, or Shroom). Very easy and simple look for days that I need to look alert and get out the door quickly.

on 11/13/2010 7:19:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Gotta join the choir here... I love this color. It is a little different from some of the other MAC colors because it is a LUSTRE, (I have SWEETEN UP too) and the application is a little different (at least for me). The "swipe" does not work for this, unless you'd just like a light dusting of gold on top of another color. This is a color that needs a stiff brush and to be buffed in. The more you buff the higher the shimmer. Use a base and buff and the gold is awesome!!

on 11/11/2010 3:36:00 PM

One of my favorite MAC eye shadows! A lovely pale beige golden color. Although it is shimmery I like it all over the lid for a neutral daytime look. A staple in my neutral palette.

on 10/21/2010 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am not sure why this product is so popular. It is very chalky, difficult to get a smooth application with, and appears glittery rather than shimmery on the lids. I honestly don't see why this product does well.

on 10/17/2010 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like Retrospeck, it's a beautiful shimmery, pale cream with gold. I like using it with every eyeshadow - Bronze, Romp, Club, Sumptuous Olive, Tempting, etc. I LOVE it!
I would say that this is the closest eyeshadow to Vanilla Pigment. I use this to brighten my green eyes as well as to highlight my cheek bones, down my nose, cupid's bow, brown bones, and the inner corner. It's very versatile on my light skin! I love using it alone as a highligh, but I love it even more over MAC's Pearl Cream Color Base. I really love highlighting my face - I never miss it because it really gives some life to skin and I just love the way it looks!

on 9/27/2010 11:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This one of my favorite shadows MAC makes. It's a lovely golden shimmer that is striking but not overpowering. I have marbled green eyes and pale skin and it is great to brighten the corners of my eyes. If I'm going more dramatic, then I use this on my lid and MAC's Bronze in the crease, with fluidline and plushlash to finish it off.

I've hit pan on my first one and have already started using my second one! Great product!

on 9/18/2010 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is one of two things I've ever hit pan on, which is saying quite a bit. I love this shadow with Tempting on my blue-grey eyes, it's my go-to must look great shadow combination. Never never fails over several years!

HG eyeshadow. I can wear it on it's own, with a color in the crease, or on top of the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in "Iced Mocha" (thats my favorite way). It's a beautiful pale gold. Kind of glittery, but once you pack it on your lid, IT'S GORGEOUS!