November 29, 2014 | 1020 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Waterproof Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Chuckers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After the cruel cosmetics world discontinued my HG waterproof mascara, Revlon ColorStay Lash Tint, I've been on a wild goose chase looking for the next best thing. Looked through the reviews at MA and thought to try this product.
Pros: It's not expensive at all...even at full price it was 6 bucks. It goes on easily, smoothly and does not glop at all.
It doesn't take the curl out of my pre-curled lashes either and will also hold an eyelash curler curl for most of the day. It did not smear until I rubbed my eyes at the end of the day and I've been in rain, humid weather and worn it during an active day. It does not make your lashes brittle and it comes off easily with soap and water.
Cons: It won't stay on for three days like the Revlon ColorStay did. Here's hoping they don't discontinue it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just used this for the first time today so I can't rate it on its day-long wear or ease of removal yet, but application was pretty good and it gave the overall look I was looking for. I used to look for extreme volumizing mascaras because my lashes are very long but thin... but I found that those types of mascaras were really hard to apply and deal with on my thin lashes and made them moreso just a mess than thicker-looking. I'm now learning that more plain-jane mascaras tend to be flattering on my lashes (as long as they don't apply too dry so that my lashes can still thicken up a bit with a couple coats). My HG mascara was GOSH Lift 'N Shape waterproof but it was recently discontinued (boo!), so I've been looking for a substitute. I liked the application of this mascara. It didn't pull out my curl and applied relatively neatly and easily without clumping or messing up my lashes. I like the brush. It isn't too fat but not overly skinny either, making it easy to reach and coat each lash. It has a good shape with the bristles evenly and closely distributed (no strange spiral/chunky bristle patterns that can make it difficult to get to every lash). It doesn't dry as hard and brittle as Maybelline Great Lash in waterproof and I'm hoping it'll be easier to remove as well (Great Lash in waterproof was nearly impossible to remove, even after soaking with pure mineral oil). I like mascaras that don't dry totally "dry" or stiff so that if a few lashes are out of place, I can still arrange them with tweezers by kinda "sticking" them to other lashes. Sounds odd, I know, but it works for me when I've got a couple stubborn lashes that just aren't going in the same direction as the others. I also dislike the rock-hard mascaras because my top and bottom lashes at the outer corners of my eyes can tend to snag on each other due to them being so long, which can be quite annoying. This formula isn't as dry/hard as Great Lash but not quite as pliable as Lift 'N Shape, so a satisfactory medium between the two. I will update my rating on this mascara if it doesn't wear as well as I expect or if it's really hard to remove. Otherwise, I'm giving it a 4/5 for now.
Update: After wearing this for a few days in a row, I do believe I like it. It's still not as good as my old GOSH Lift 'N Shape, but I don't know if I'll ever find another mascara that I liked as much as that one. This one's pretty good though. It holds my curl and makes my lashes look slightly volumized and lengthened and fluttery without a lot of fuss. It's also a lot easier to remove than Maybelline's Great Lash, though not as easy as Lift 'N Shape, which was easier to remove than any other waterproof mascara that I've come across. My lashes also have not shown any sign of damage since I've begun using this. I would recommend this mascara for those who just want a fairly good quality plainish mascara for under $10.
Update: After wearing this a couple weeks, I really no longer like it. The formula has already thickened quite a bit and now it makes my lashes hard and crunchy when it dries. It has also begun crumbling, which is very irritating on the eyes. Ugh. I still like the brush but the formula is garbage. The search continues...
Update (Again): I've still been using this on occasion, just trying to use it up because I feel bad chucking something after just a couple weeks unless it's horrid... but the flaking/crumbling has gotten sooo bad already that my eyes just can't handle it anymore. Within less than an hour of using it, both of my eyes have crumbles accumulating in them and at least one of them will eventually start getting a cloudy film of gunk over the entire eyeball as my eyes become so irritated and try to wash this stuff away. Horrible! It's getting tossed now. I've never experienced this degree of irritation from any eye product before. I can't believe it was even approved for use in the first place!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by TheJoey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have gone through a handful of tubes of this mascara. I love it!

I have pretty good lashes to start off with but I have really watery eyes. I need something that will gives my lashes a little bit of volume and length and stay on all day. This fits the bill.

It is great for daily wear but for extra drama I use this to define the lashes then a couple coats of Clinique high impact mascara and i look like I have false lashes on without all the irritation.

Update April 2013: this is still the best mascara that I have ever used. At this point I have had an opportunity to try a bunch of other LE and HE products and always end up back with my trusty blue tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by hautechic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My absolute favorite mascara. Clean, no flakes and give serious length. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by SillyLilies95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very natural mascara. This was one of the mascaras I started out with, when I got into makeup. Lengths almost perfectly, volumizes a little and doesn't curl at all, but it is suppose to look natural right? Not recommended for dramatic eye-makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by SupernovaSky

LOVE this mascara. It's a great replacement for Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof.

It's very waterproof, doesn't smudge. However I do get a couple flakes but nothing I can't whisk away. It thickens my lashes, separates them and lengthens them. It could be better, yes, but as an overall mascara it's wonderful! I don't have any gripes about it other than the brush. And for 4 dollars, I'm in love!

ALTHOUGH, I have to say that this mascara seems to only work best on those who already have decent or good lashes to begin with. If you have sparse, short, thin lashes, you probably won't get any benefit from using this :(

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by halohunnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was recommended as replacement for Marathon mascara (discontinued by CoverGirl). This mascara is not good - it is dry, gives raccoon eyes by mid-day, and is so weak! No volume at all. My lashes still look the same after MULTIPLE coats. Not worth is unless you want dark smudges under your eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I personally love it. My first mascara I've tried and I'm in love with it.
I found that it holds my curl (which is necessary for me because my lashes are straight), IS waterproof and doesn't smudge!
They could do better with the wand, but if you want a decent and cheap mascara try this one out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product is ok.... it is a good mascara especially because i got is for $4, but it is NOT waterproof at all!!! However I do use it daily... just it's not waterproof like it said it was.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

Could've sworn I'd reviewed this before! I've bought it many times and it is my go-to everyday mascara. Does a decent-to-great job of everything: volumizes a bit, lengthens a bit, is very black, is very waterproof, doesn't smudge, doesn't clump, looks natural, has a good brush and overall packaging, and is cheap as chips. Nothing else I've tried covers all those bases. (My second fave is Maybelline Full & Soft WP, but it doesn't really volumize and it definitely is not as waterproof and smudgeproof.) For the record, my lashes are short, skimpy, straight Asian ones and I can unfortunately only use waterproof mascaras.