April 18, 2014 | 1437 users online

Lips - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by darkmist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought #11 Rouge Gouache a few months ago and it is my favourite lip product ever. Normally I never wear gloss of any sort because any time I even consider applying gloss, the wind starts howling outside and I end up with a face of sticky hair streaks across my face. However, I caved to the hype (a year later) and went in to try this product.

#11 is a bright fuchsia cool pink-red. On my medium pigmented lips, it comes out true to colour with just one layer. It's very opaque and the stain lasts around 4-5 hr stain with 1 layer and didn't fade at all (aside from the glossy finish) for 7-8hr with 2 layers and no touch ups. As others have mentioned, at first the texture is an odd watery gel but after 30 secs, it sets into a slightly sticky gloss finish. The pointed angled doe foot applicator is a dream to use and really helps with a smooth and tidy finish. I'm looking forward to trying and buying more shades of this amazing product - definitely highly recommend!

Tips on getting an long lasting and non-patchy finish:
1: do a couple broad strokes with the flat of the applicator on your bottom lip - doesn't need to be tidy (fyi I don't wipe off any excess from the applicator in advance)
2. using the tip of the applicator, line your upper lip
3. fill in your upper lip
4. tidy up the bottom lip
5. smoosh and rub your lips together (DON'T do this step earlier! IME, rubbing your lips together before you've fully applied the colour on your lips, it results in a patchy finish)
6. Do the finger test (purse your lips around a finger and pull out the finger - so sexual, I know :P) to remove any excess gloss

If you wanted to layer on another layer for extra longevity or more opacity, I'd recommend waiting around 30secs to let the stain set. Blot (remember to blot or your second layer may end up a bit clumpy/uneven), then repeat the same steps.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by lancherie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never been into lip products much and truthfully I don't believe in high end products. However, this has COMPLETELY changed my mind! I could not find a more perfect product, I may be tempted be actually buy another one if I run out.
Lipsticks I find generally a bit too oily, they slip and slide. Lip glosses generally are kinda sticky and wet. The texture of this is wet but slightly sticky somewhere between a lip stain and lip gloss. First the packaging is great, the applicator is perfectly shaped for a great application, no need for any brushes or anything like that. It goes on nice and easily and dries into an extremely opaque slightly sticky and thick stain. It's not drying like a lip stain and it isn't difficult to remove even with just tissue. It will NOT budge and definitely doesn't even require any sort of primer, it will definitely hold it's own. It's such a luxurious, beautiful true red (not for the shy girl) and if I go out I definitely don't need to take this with me because it will stay put, it's a true holy grail product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 7:05:00 AM More reviews by strobegirl1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These are fabulous, I hate the tacky look and feel of lip gloss. This just gives a nice sheen in the lip that is perfect for eating, daily wear and yes lots of kissing. It's a very 'boyfriend friendly' product :)
I do think that the key is in the application. I put down a teeny weeny bit of foundation over my lips then with a liner of the same or similarish colour I line my lips incase of any movage during the day (which is not really expected its just an extra step), then you must be careful when applying this, wipe off lots of it back in the tube and apply in a very thin layer, let that dry, repeat and then repeat if you need to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

bought it in 6 camel croisiere and i love it! it comes in a beautiful range of shades so there's something for everyone. lasts through a meal. has glossy finish. and very comfortable to wear, i love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Toffee921

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have 25, 7 and 15, they are both fab! 7 is more natural look, 25 and 15 are more dramtic pink. colour does stay longer than other lipsticks or gloss. the bottle is cute too.
love them!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by cindymanila

Just bought it in shade 10, it is a very gorgeous red! It shines all day and makes your lips looks so shiny and appealing :p the scent kinda bothers me though (it has a red wine scent to it, and I don't know why), but it disappears after you apply it so I think it's tolerable as long as the scent doesn't linger. Overall, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I just bought my first Glossy Stain in #13 Rose Tempura (online at Sephora with VIB bucks.) Now I understand what all the hype is about! I've tried every single stain and long wearing lipstick and gloss out there and this one beats them all hands down. It goes on creamy and glossy but doesn't "set" into a dry mess like most stains and long wearing lip products. It held up during eating and drinking and remained shiny. However, If I wipe my lips a lot while eating, the glossiness goes away and there is a faint tint left, that's kind of splotchy, but I simply re-apply. I don't think there will ever be a gloss that will stand up to a full day of eating and drinking and talking, etc., so I didn't expect this to, however it is the longest wearing, most shiny and most comfortable gloss I've ever worn. Rose Tempura is a bright berry pink and very wearable. I would now like to try other shades. Oh, and the smell doesn't bother me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by aonusz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in #2 and ended up returning it. I feel as though I might have liked this in a different color, but I just didn't love the formula, and for 32.00USD I feel as though it just is not worth the price for something I'd probably wear once in awhile.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by duckyyy

I have four colors now and i love the wear and finish. It goes on liquid amd dries into a kind of gel-like coating on the lips that really doesn't budge. It will stay glossy through all but the messiest meals.

The colors have been fantastic too. #1 a vampy, plummy purple, #9 is a warm red, #11 is a lighter, pink-based red and #15 goes on a cool medium pink but sets deeper and a bit more neutral on the lips.

The only thing I don't like (okay, besides the scent - not great but not a dealbreaker for me) is that these cam be very drying. My lips feel very dry when i finally remove the color and if I wear them consecutive days, there will be chapping for sure.

I still would recommend these for long lasting glossy wear and beautiful shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by BoandChica2

I bought #17. What can I say, I love bright pinks :) This is a good product but I just don't think it's worth the $30+ price tag. I've layered it as some others have said, but it definitely doesn't last through coffee, eating, etc. What it does do, is wear off nicely. Some of the drug store long-wearing lipstick/glosses wear off very chunky, unevenly and look bad as they're wearing off. The YSL does not. If I'm not eating or drinking, it's great. You can layer it w/o it looking overdone. I'd buy it again if not for the price.