April 18, 2014 | 1795 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Lumi Magique

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by myrasays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is deceptive. You put it on, it feels like nothing & your skin is glowing. I work indoors and 4 hours after application, the product looks cakey. Give it a few more hours & the product oxidizes to a bright orange that is extremely visible in sunlight. For me that was underneath my eyes were it must have pooled up. It also felt greasy on my face, like it never dried. I had some break out with it - no change in normal routine except foundation. Will not repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by christinabutterfly

This seemed like a really good foundation when I read about it online, so I decided to buy it. The foundation is not heavy at all and when I first tried it on, it looked really good and glowing. After an hour anyway, it looked cakey and shiny. It is a lightweight foundation with medium coverage, but it didn't really cover my acne... I struggle with very oily skin and I have a lot of acne, so I would not say that this foundation is good for those who have this skin type.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by sienna95

Although this foundation provided decent coverage, it just didn't sit well on my combinational skin at all. During the warmer months, my skin tends to get a little oiler than usual but I never have a problem with oil. However, my face got so much oiler whilst wearing this foundation, it literally melted off my face.
I think it would work better for dry or normal skin types. Deffinitely a no go for combinational or oily skin, it'll just leave your skin very oily!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by LovelyBunny

I bought this foundation in the last minute for a formal event last year because my previous foundation was over a year old and drying up (maybelline dream smooth liquid foundation). Although the lighting in the pharmacy was poor, I was able to get a fairly good match on my NC30 skin tone to Gold Linen. I was after any foundation that I could get the best match and didn't have sparkles in it and was on sale as I don't wear foundation frequently.

When I got home and did my makeup for the event, I didn't notice anything out of the norm. I applied it with a flat paddle foundation brush in stroking oblique motions and set it with a Rimmel translucent powder (No SPF). Got to the dimly lit venue, bumped into a friend and we took quite a few pictures and when we reviewed the photo I was shocked to see how white my face was. I purchased this, thinking it had no SPF and looking at the bottle it doesn't specify it has SPF. In the photobooth photos, I cringe everytime I see it because I look ghostly compared to everyone else.

The foundation is really dewy and I have combination/oily skin, but oil is not a big problem. With this foundation, my skin gets oilier than ever and my make up just breaks up within a few hours even with a setting powder.

On the other hand, coverage was decent (medium coverage) and did brighten up my skin. I still needed concealing for some scars from breakouts.

I gave this foundation a few chances, trying different techniques to apply it (buffing and stippling brush) but it just didn't work for me. Would probably work better on dry or mature skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by BeautyLove02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't care for this foundation. It made my skin look super shiny and almost sparkly. I do have large pores in my t-zone area, but I noticed pores I didn't even know I had while wearing this! I gave it to my daughter and it looks beautiful on her, but she says it doesn't provide enough coverage. Of course, I thought she looked gorgeous :) Foundation is such a personal thing that you would have to try it yourself to see if it is for you. It just wasn't my HG.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

This is a great product that promotes a natural look. This foundation is lightweight and not too buildable. It is like the tined moisturizer and bb cream but a step up in my opinion.

The bonus of this product is that it is a true match foundation so there are a large variety of shads. I have used it with several primers and it stays very good. After a few hours it got oily even with my primer.

The packaging is great. This product is by no means the best foundation around by also not the worst. It is a so so. I probably won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by erilin87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Really like this foundation, dont really wear it everyday as i don't have bad skin so don't feel the need to. But when i do love the medium coverage as it doesnt make me look cakey at all, just leaves a very natural radiant skin finish
Probably wouldb't buy this if your looking for a full coverage

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by sarahfoote21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this foundation! I have dry skin and it's very nourishing and moisturizing but does not set shiny or greasy. I like to apply two layers of this foundation and I get a solid medium coverage. If you have any noticeable blemishes, you will probably still need to use a concealer over top but the coverage is good. Also, considering that the foundation feels so lightweight and natural on your skin, the amount of coverage was surprising. It goes on like a bb cream or tinted moisturizer, but covers a lot more and sets semi-matte, still with a bit of a dewy finish. I would highly recommend this foundation for normal to dry skin. It makes your skin look very bright and glowing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by luxlover79

I'm a fan of L'oreal True Match foundation so I had to try this Magique one. The blendability is great, I can build it up without the cakiness. It illuminates the skin pretty well and stays pretty good when set with powder. I love the lightweight moisturizing feel but since my skin is on the oily side, it slides off faster. Not a big issue for me though, given that the product was intended to moisturize. I often reach for it coz it's not a chore blending it. I think any tool would blend this easy. Coverage is light to medium. Probably not the makeup I'll use for special events for it's lesser longevity on my skin, but I still like it on "no-matte" days when I'm after a comfortable makeup feel plus the glowing look. Dry skinned people would benefit with this formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by BabyTheStarsShineBright

I was very impressed by this foundation. Initially, I was concerned that this would make my oily/combo skin look and feel too greasy, but it does not have that effect at all. The 'lumi' part of this foundation refers more to the natural, satin finish that it gives. It effectively covers up my red spots, light post-acne scars, and smooths the appearance of my pores. This does not make me oily at all, so I would feel confident using it even during the summer.

I take one pump of the foundation and dot it around my face. Then I take my real techniques flat top buffing brush and quickly blend it over my skin. I then take another 1/2 pump to blend it over the areas I want more coverage (around nose/mouth, acne scars). I set it by pressing (not buffing!) a light powder over my t-zone. I like using MAC mineralize skinfinish, maybelline dream matte powder, or Rimmel pressed powder to set the foundation, then I spritz Urban Decay's All-Nighter spray 2-3 times on my face. This routine gives me a flawless base that lasts from 7am to 9pm every day.

Compared to Revlon Colorstay (my other drugstore HG foundation), the L'Oreal has slightly less coverage, a more satin finish (rather than pure-matte), and it is more buildable. The lasting power is similar.

Compared to MAC face and body foundation, the L'Oreal has better coverage, feels lighter on the skin, and 'sets' better. I feel like the MAC F&B never really sets on my skin and it transfers onto shirts and sunglasses easily.

Lumi does not have glitter particles like the Revlon Photoready foundation, yet it makes my skin look super healthy. It achieves the 'glowy' HD effect without the added oiliness, shininess, or heaviness.

Price is standard for US drugstore foundations: about $11 for 1 fl. oz.

My local Ulta only carried 6 shades, so I bought the lightest shade available: n1-n2 neutral soft ivory/classic ivory. It has two names on the cap but I'm not entirely sure why it is a range rather than a single shade. I am NC20 at MAC, Sand Beige in Revlon for reference. This is a great color match for my light neutral-undertone Asian skin, but it will be too dark for those with a PPP skintone.

I also wanted to add that removal is KEY for long-lasting foundations. I recommend using a two-step makeup removal process. First use a cleansing oil or balm to dissolve the foundation/powder/sunscreen that has been sitting on your face all day. Then use a second mild cleansing facial wash to remove all the residue. Moisturize with your favorite face lotion. If you use a toner/cotton pad step after washing your face, the cotton pad should look *clean* after swiping your face. I am a firm believer that makeup removal should be done at the bathroom sink. If your cotton pad is looking beige or grey, it means that your cleansing routine is not thorough enough. Sometimes a foundation is not the reason your skin is breaking out, it could be that your nightly cleansing method is not effectively removing all traces of foundation/oil/dirt/sebum from your skin.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No