December 21, 2014 | 1460 users online

Liquid - BeneFit Cosmetics - "Hello Flawless!" Oxygen Wow

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by LyneaB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I WANT TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ON THIS PRODUCT:

This will likely be a repurchase for me, but, yes, if you have oily skin it might oxidize without a primer in muggy weather without a primer. HOWEVER, this foundation works great on either oily or dry or combination skin --- with a primer. Some of us are just used to the days when "primer" was only something you put on a car or a piece of furniture before painting it over. However, with the innovations in products, primer makes a lot of sense. I am in the process of still testing BeneFit's Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer and will later try the Big Easy BB cream (as it is allegedly also a light-to-medium coverage with a powder finish).

I have oily/combo MATURE skin, and this foundation was/is a WELCOMED BREAK from the thicker foundations that sometimes even gave less coverage than this one. This was a light to medium coverage, but surprisingly by its light consistency, it is definitely leaning towards the medium coverage side. This truly impresses me. This foundation is an awesome choice for women with mature skin who want to decrease visibility of small and even deep-set lines and pores. Even with the very slight illuminating properties (very natural looking, I might add, with this), it doesn't make you look "greasy" at first application. After several hours on a hot, muggy day, you will end up "greasy" --- that is if you did not first use a primer. Choose a non-comedogenic and you will get the full UNIQUE BENEFITS of this foundation.

What makes this foundation most unique IMHO? This foundation will give you lovely, natural-looking coverage --- WITHOUT CLOGGING YOUR PORES. Now, some of you may not be as worried about this, but some of us are, and almost everything else for me clogs my pores more or less. This product absolutely does not. (Peter Thomas Roth does not clog my pores either, but the colors are odd and the coverage is quite light, so I just use a lighter shade of Peter Thomas Roth sometimes as a highlighter and deep line minimizer.) Mature skin will drink this stuff up as it has a hydrating complex while still being oil-free.

Younger ladies will love this because it will help prevent enlarged pores, which is inevitable when you use heavier makeup after some time. Eventually, what happens, as you age and begin to naturally lose collagen, various random pores will fall into crater pores just from being over-worked by heavy makeup that keeps your skin from getting oxygen.

There are actually very few, non-comedogenic foundations out there --- either low or high end --- that perform perfectly throughout the day without a primer. Then you have to be careful with the primers. But, it's worth you're skin's health.

This foundation gives decent coverage on the first application --- much better than "Even Better" by Clinique. It is, again, not full coverage, but it is an impressive amount if you do not have major blemishes, or at least, ones that cannot be covered with cover-up. But what is my favorite thing about this foundation --- besides it being non-comedogenic decent coverage --- is the LOOK of BAM! The only way I can describe the effect is like a natural looking pinup perfection. That's the main reason why I would buy it again.

The company does not advertise any of their line as being non-clogging of the pores because everyone has a different reaction to ingredients even if they are natural or have less bad chemicals (i.e.: parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, etc.), but their entire line is meant to allow your skin to breathe, especially their "oxygen wow" line.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This isn't terrible but it's not even close to being holy grail. It comes in lovely packaging, as with typical why all Benefit products. There's a pump, which is definitely needed as the product is very runny. I'm in the second palest shade (can't remember the name, sorry) and it's a great match for my NW15 skin. It isn't too pink or too yellow toned, it's just right. It gives light coverage, and I like to put it over a primer (whatever one you prefer, I've tried with a few if doesn't make any huge difference) using a damp beauty blender. I've tried using a flat top brush, but I find it doesn't get worked into the skin well enough, not as good as the BB does. Since it's light coverage you may need some concealer, and you'll need to set with a powder. It's not terrible, but hasn't impressed me that much where I would purchase it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

I tried this at ulta on one side of my face and urban decay naked on the other side. Personally, this "flawless" made the tiny hairs on my cheek really stand out, which is why I picked UD naked. The color match was good for both (honey and shade 4 respectively) so I went about the rest of my day as usual, even tho I had two different foundations on. By the time I washed my face in the evening, the cheek with "flawless" had 3 pimples. The UD cheek was fine. Glad I didn't buy this from benefit!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Lara0202

I have a combination skin and this is my everyday foundation, I find it much like a BBcream; light coverage, some SPF protection and a sheer finish that indeed I don't love, but then I set the foundation with a powder and its good for a day at the office. I don't think its the foundation to build to a medium/high coverage, you need to keep it light. One pump is more than enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

First of all, this is a foundation that is PERFECT for dry and dehydrated skin. If you're oily, why are you even buying this sans research in the first place?

I find that when I'm combo to oily, this slides right off. When I'm truly dry/normal, this stuff lasts for 6 hours easily and even longer if I set it down with a powder.

I also enjoy it for the rich yellow tones that is lacking in most popular foundations. I wear Champagne at NC25-30.

It's not too liquidy or thick and spreads very easily with fingers, sponge, or brush. Coverage is light to medium, can't be built to full.

The main point I want to drive home is that it is very friendly towards dry patches and flakes on the skin and feels almost like a moisturizer with SPF included.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Christy33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation made my face look like a big shiny disco ball! My t-zone is very oily so it my work for someone with an oil issue.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by andreaaraiza

I liked this foundation because I have dry skin and moisturizes very well. This foundation is medium and since I am 18 so I don't need much coverage. Love that it has high SPF and matches my pale skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Sesstoddard

This made my face very greasy. It wore off really fast as well. Not a fan.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by karenayala13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Got samples from Ulta. Fell in lust so I bought full size after I finished my napoleon perdis foundation stick. BIG MISTAKE!!!! Color match is horrible, by the end of the day I look like I dipped my face in grease and has made me break out horribly. (I don't break out easily) I really want to love it because I bought the liquid foundation and the powder to match. Powder claims to be full coverage... NOPE! My makeup is an investment and that's why I don't mind spending the $$$ but after all the negatives of this one it was a big waste!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Hera94

Longevity: would say best 2-3 hours on my oily skin. After that threshold the foundation will start to get blotchy and its just a mess everywhere. I would say that this doesn't help much in controlling oil even WITH a primer. this has trouble setting as well I find. it transfers REAL easily as well. so this is definitely NOT a summer foundation. Coverage, finish: Initial application is flawless however. it looks like real skin, it has that healthy glow on your face. Its light to medium at best. I wouldn't say its buildable to full. definitely not full in my experience.