Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm in Pink Punch

3.4

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Eh. It had cute packaging and the smell was great. Like a fruit cup! But when i put it on it was chalky and had clumps. I did like the color though. im not sure it was very moisturizing but i'd still buy again. (in a different colour.) : )

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The tint is pretty obvious even with one light swipe - this one is a very bright pink, leaning towards fuchsia. The lasting power isn't bad for a $3 lip balm - better than, say, EOS. Packaging is cheap, but it's pretty cute. Oh and the smell is yummy. Unfortunately it seems to dry out my lips - I applied this before bed a few times and in the morning, my lips would feel painfully dry. Very odd.

Edit: this also seemed to give my lips weird rough patches after a couple days of use. :/

on 8/21/2013 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It's an okay product. The pink tint looks good on me, and it does make my lips smoother, but I have used Chapsticks that have costed a lot less and made my lips look even better. I would re-purchase, though, because I actually really like this product.

on 8/2/2013 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have purchased this product in Pink Punch and Peach Kiss and both are wonderful! I love that they are simple to apply, are very moisturizing, and the colours are great. Pink Punch is a nice shade of pink for the summer and Peach Kiss is a nice neutral colour.

I always have dry lips in the morning but since I started to apply Peach Kiss before bed, I wake up with moisturized lips. I will definitely purchase either colour again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love the color and smell of this tinted lip balm! It's moisturizing but definitely not as much as the Asian version of Babylips (thinner tube). The only thing is that it's not transfer proof (like many other moisturizing lip colors). But the color is just too pretty so I will definitely repurchase! :) And the smell is damn amazing.

on 6/13/2013 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I must say, JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, that I did pick one of these up because Beauty Gurus on YouTube raved about it.

And like everyone else in these reviews, they fell way short of what I was expecting.

I live in Colorado, dry weather = dry EVERYTHING. So anything that claims to be moisturizing is a must try.

I tried this without using my normal lip balm to see if it would make any difference. Could I replace my moisturizing ChapStick that I have to constantly keep putting on for this Baby Lips? Unfortunately, that is a no. The formula is very creamy, and nice to apply, like lip balm, but once it's there for a bit, it dries up and feels like I have to apply more or lick my lips or something. It went straight for my lip "cracks" (I don't really know what to call them), and it stayed there no matter how much I tried to smoother it out again. Considering my lips also become dry when I don't use ChapStick for more than half a day, I decided to try something else.

I wore my chapstick underneath the baby lips. This works for me. I still get the moisturizing from my own chapstick, and I get the nice pretty pink color from this product. And for some reason, the color doesn't get stuck in those lip "cracks". So, in this case, it's a win! And... who can resist that smell?!? I LOVE things that smell delicious! :P

Obviously, this doesn't have a good color staying power, doesn't claim to have it. I sometimes forget to not put it on after I had my morning coffee before classes, and as such it gets all over my mug.

Final thoughts: Yes, I would buy this again because I like the price, I like the color, I like the smell, and it works well enough if I have my own chapstick underneath it. I definitely recommend giving this product another go by wearing a clear lip balm like ChapStick underneath it before saying it's an awful product!

on 6/12/2013 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I think all these new lip balms are very overrated (eos sphere and baby lips). Their overnight popularity was really just due to great marketing. They aren't anything special.
I picked this up at Ulta for 4 bucks. I do like the tint and the subtle sweet smell, so that's why I gave this a 4. They aren't amazing like the marketing has claimed, but they are nice lip balms that I haven't had issues with.

on 6/9/2013 11:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love the scent and feel of this, and it made my lips so much more naturally smooth and pigmented. One lippie off because the pink colour was so strong and kind of clashed with my skin tone. And the cap sometimes fell off because it was a bit loose. But, overall, it's a great product :)

on 5/31/2013 2:56:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

As others have mentioned after I watched youtubers rave about this I decided to try the baby pink one, the packaging is cute and the name baby lips is cute but that's about it. The formula made my lips peel an hour or so after applying, it applies nice an evely though. My Lucas pawpaw ointment is far better than baby lips, the formula is just drying and not worth it.

on 5/31/2013 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Though I enjoyed the color of this lip balm and the scent of it, this product made my lips peel. I think my lips do not do well with SPF lip products, so if you have the same sensitivity skip out on this one.

Popular Lip Treatments