September 20, 2014 | 831 users online

Concealers - NYX - HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer is the "whole package" for me. I have it in a couple shades but I'm going to talk about CW04/Beige specifically. It's a good match for my NC25/C25 skin.

I think the texture and consistency of this is the best I've come across for a multi-purpose concealer. It's neither thin nor thick which makes it great for covering acne, scarring, spots, and dark circles.

It blends out really well -- just pat with a finger or lightly blend out with an airbrush concealer brush. It doesn't look cakey on my flaky zits. It doesn't settle into or dry up under my eyes.

Plus it's so cheap!!! $5.

MUFE Full Cover used to be my favorite but that can sometimes be a bit too cakey and hard to blend. I can't compare to NARS but I hear it's very similar.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by rachelschultz733

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is okay.
I found when applying it to my undereyes, it was dry and chalky looking. It's great coverage and the product isn't too liquidy. So besides it being chalky looking and dry, I'd recommend it. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodness, This stuff is so amazing i don't know where to begin! Lets start with the packaging: it's ok it comes in a clear hard plastic tube that has a black plastic screw on/off top with an attached applicator so that's great! The price is super uber fantastic for the $5.99 price! I would honestly pay so much more for it. It's talc free so my skin is super thankful for that. For awhile, I used this concealer as a full face foundation because it provides such amazing coverage without the consequences of break outs. I love it so much! I don't use it for full coverage any more because NYX just came out with a wonderful BB cream that I love but I still use this concealer for spots here and there. I wish more came in the tube because I run out quickly. That may just be me because I use it a lot. My boyfriend would have me pick up a few tubes because I was constantly complaining about how fast I would run out and drag him along with me to buy more haha. But it's so great I really really recommend this to all my friends and urge everyone to try it! They don't have an amazing color selection but they may online I haven't checked for myself. I alternate between the shades "glow", "beige" and "medium. I like to kid them to create my ideal color. My skin in strange it has a mind of its own so I always carry different shades depending on the weather and season. If you haven't tried these please do so! You won't regret it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is for NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in Beige/CW 04. Beige/CW04 is a light, neutral beige and is an excellent match for my NC25 skin which leans more N than C/yellow. I have NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard and NYX Beige is similar in color but less peach than NARS and offers no radiance as the color is flat/matte. NYX doesn't say it provides any "radiance" so I'm not holding that against NYX, just mentioning it as a comparison to NARS. Great price (about $5), nice packaging, appears fairly pigmented, goes on smoothly with a doe-foot applicator, available in many colors including corrector shades, similar in appearance and consistency to NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer but sadly, it is NOT a dupe. It is similar in many ways but the big difference is that it looks quite dry and unnatural as soon as it dries on the skin and it only gets worse as time goes on. Even with extra moisturizer, it still ended up chalky, dry & obvious. I tried it on my face as well as under my eyes and in both instances, the end results were bad. I wanted to love it as I do LOVE my NARS and found NYX's color selection to be better, but the final results w/ NYX were too dry & unnatural. I don't recommend it. ** I have also posted a separate review for NYX HD PC in Yellow/CW 10 which is a similar product but obviously more of a highlighter/brightener/corrector.**

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by applecour

This makes a great under-eye concealer. It doesn't crease and it covers pretty well without looking cakey. It's not ideal for blemishes because it doesn't stay on long enough. I really thought this was going to get me off of MAC's little concealer pot for covering blemishes, but alas, it wore off after about 4 hours of wear. It has stayed significantly longer under my eyes, so I think my oily skin probably has something to do with it. I always set my concealer though, so I'm not really sure what the issue is... either way, it's a great concealer for dark circles.

EDIT: I cannot find a color match! I've returned 4 of these, all either too dark, too orange, too pink... too something! I've given up. I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaKathryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've repurchased this concealer a couple of times and really like it. I find that it blends out nicely and does not cling on to any dry patches on my face. It works best at covering up redness and under eye circles. I'd say its a great concealer for the price, however if you are looking to cover up acne or hyper pigmentation it might not provide enough coverage for you. I also want to add that it wears off a bit throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by jwmk9195

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is a good concealer for the price. It does cover up pimples and scars. It's my first time using this product and i am very impressed with the quality and the amount of coverage it provides.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing concealer! I just can't believe how many times I passed it up at Ulta for the pricier ones that arent' nearly as effective as this one. I have oily skin, yet it stays put all day. I have under-eye wrinkles, it does not accentuate them. I have dark circles and it covers them nearly completely. All for $5. What more could you want? I am NC30 and use this in Glow, which is a perfect match. I am also going to try the yellow to see what all the hype is about..

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by ahoymaite

This is my favorite concealer! In fact, I've stopped wearing foundation since I started using it. It only takes a little bit to cover, and it covers SO WELL. Lasts throughout the day and dries with a matte but healthy-looking finish. I've repurchased this several times. My only qualm is that sometimes the concealer brush tip is slightly sharp. It can hurt if you're applying quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Z67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this concealer! It's my HG concealer, I'm on my fourth tube, it's a perfect match for my fair skin. Really great for when I don't want to have a face full of foundation- this does the trick at concealing stubborn redness and discolorations like my under eye circles. Repurchase again and again. <3