October 23, 2014 | 1838 users online

BB Cream - Marcelle - BB Cream Beauty Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit: LOVING this with a bit of MUFE HD foundation mixed in!!! edit: absolutely in love with this and buying backups. with the Dr Hauschka bronze concentrate, it's perfect. (as it totally "blanks out" my skin, i need this bronzer to add shape/colour again).
Good news! This now comes in 2 versions, one with SPF, one without. AND another shade--dark to darkest. So to the reviewers who were disappointed at lack of SPF, go ahead and try the new version! :D By the way, contrary to those reviews implying that a BB cream without SPF is an oxymoron--there are PLENTY of Asian BB's out there without SPF. So..yeah/
Anyway, I am so glad there is the option of no SPF. Anything with SPF added to it breaks me out, with a couple of exceptions. I'm sure there'll be people happy to have a version that'll photograph well and they can wear to night events without getting that sunscreen white cast..
It gives a nice finish that's in between dewy and satin. Very natural-looking, yet flawless, like you see on people with good skin.
It REALLY evens out skin well without being mask-like--it totally neutralized all the scar marks I have from acne. It's fabulous, fabulous. Well done Canada! Well thought out packaging, too. All round A+. it's a very neutral colour) so to warm it up I either mix in a bit of liquid bronzer (Dr Hauschka bronze concentrate) or regular foundation or just using a good powder bronzer on cheeks/temples

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by juicy70

This was the first BB cream I tried. My skin has no lines except for a few faint expression lines around the eyes, and this cream managed to settle and crease into those lines. I was surprised since no other foundation I use does that. Definitely an unwanted side effect! After a couple of weeks I gave up on Marcelle and switched to Cover Girl BB cream. 3 months later I decided to try Marcelle again; unfortunately the cream had become sticky/pasty and didn't apply evenly anymore. Threw it in the garbage.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I so love this bb cream! I cant compare to others because this is my first tube of bb. I love the way it evens out my complexion and I look more like me wearing this, not blotchy and red. I can add powder or another foundation on top when i want more coverage. I will def buy this again. I havent had any trouble with the pump as other reviewers had mentioned and I dont think I will have the same great results if I were to switch, and why bother when I found a great bb cream. I also bought the cream to powder bb foundation from marcelle but not really liking it as it leaves my face with dry patches and its a bit too yellow.
EDIT: nov 13/2012 I bought the revlon colorstay mousse foundation and hated it! but if i use the bb underneath its amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by jarboeswans

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is good for customers who are looking for a light coverage. I do not recommend this to anyone with oily skin because your face is going to look like it's ready to fry eggs by the end of the day. It doesn't hurt to buy and try, but I'm gonna have to ditch Marcelle and explore the other side of the BB cream spectrum.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by KathrynEliz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I never write reviews but I have to for this product. I have very sensitive skin (so much so that even other products for "sensitive skin" made me break out and itch really bad) I also have red under my nostrils and a blue vein in my face that always shows. After buying normal foundation for so long I finally got fed up with trying to find one that didn't bother me. I went to my local Shopper's Drugmart and the make-up counter attendent suggest I try Marcelle. I agreed and she tested the BB Cream and their regular foundation. While I really liked both, I found the BB Cream less heavy on my face and I really liked the coverage (I'm pale with a mostly even skin tone aside for the red under my nostrils). I bought the BB Cream and have been using it for almost 6 months. It has done wonders for my skin, infact I had to stop wearing it because I couldn't afford it ($26 is rather expensive) and I definitly noticed that my skin became in worse shape. I also find the BB Cream actually stays on my face all day and I do not have to reapply it. As for the packaging of the product, I really enjoy the pump top - it squirts just the right amount out and can adjust the amount as needed. I would definitly recommend this product to all of my friends! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by shamima

this is a fantastic bb cream. i have dehydrated acne prone skin withsome acne scarring on my cheeks. i also have yellow undertones and an olive complexion. i am an nc40 in mac. i got the medium to dark shade and it is working beautifully. it doesn't break me out, it covers my imperfections amazingly well, and it looks completely natural. it looks like skin! not a mask. i do have to moisturize well before i apply it because my skin is so dry. i also exfoliate regularly. i do notice that sometimes it does empahsize my facial hairs, so i have to be careful to pat it into my skin in those areas. finally, i learned from another MUAer that you need to stand the tube on its end, as it's designed to be. If you lay it down in a drawer or on your counter, it will splatter and make a mess when you try to use the pump. it has been working perfectly for me ever since. hope this helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by kaelamck

Love it! Makes my skin look really nice and even. My suggestion to a new user: exfoliate your skin a couple times a week if you're using the product, I find it clogs my pores a little bit and also it makes your skin glow nicely after a good exfoliation!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Having oily and acne prone skin, I'm quite impressed with this BB Cream. When I wear foundation I look for something that covers blemishes (and doesn't look obvious), doesn't make my face oily and feels like I'm not wearing anything. The Marcelle BB Cream does all three. I liked this much better than the Garnier which felt heavy and made my face oily. I'd def purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

I have never encounter a product that emphasize my facial hair so much that turns them all light in color. And i have tried to use this under different weather but each time it leaves my face extremely greasy after 3/4 hours. So it's a fail for me....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I decided to jump on the BB wagon and was suggested this product from a SDM cosmetician. I choose the medium-dark color since I self tan. The color of this product is neutral in my opinion. No obvious strong pink or strong yellow tones. I decided to wait a month before reviewing this product. It has a bit more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. I have sensitive skin with broken capillaries on my cheeks. This product does not have a smell and does not irritate my skin. It covers some of my redness.. However, I still need to use a concealer on the odd areas. My t-zone is slightly oily so yes I do need to powder those areas. Overall I'm happy with this product and would repurchase. The price of the product is great. Around $18.00-$20.00 Canadian before taxes. Sometimes it goes on sale at SDM.