MAC Scene Eyeshadow

on 11/20/2009 12:46:00 PM

Scene is a nice Satin shade of gray with a hint of blue. It's perfect for a day time smokey look. I did not have any issues blending the e/s.

on 11/15/2009 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

as a lot of reviewers have mentioned this is a pretty shade that isnt very blendable..

i bought this thinking it would be perfect for smoky eye look..and grey es looks great on every really didnt show up on my skin as i had expected..

so this is what i did:

i used mac blackground paint pot as base and then applied scene. wallah! it looked great...this paintpost and es would be the simplest of items needed to create a day time smoky eye look

The color is exactly what I was looking for, but it was really hard to apply. It was determined to go on blotchy and look dirty. With some experimentation I could probably find a way to make it work, but I really don't have time in the mornings for a e/s that needs special attention, so I'm sending this back. It had potential.

on 11/6/2009 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

love love love this es very pretty can be used for day or a smokey eye love it looks great with my brown eyes

on 11/6/2009 3:54:00 PM

I love scene! This color is very flattering to green eyes. As others have mentioned it can be a little difficult to blend, but once you get it patted on the lid, blend it out well and it looks great. I added a little haux in the outer v and crease and it is a great look paired with a lot of black eye-liner and mascara. I think it would look even better with a black eyeshadow blended in the crease as well. It isn't as pigmented as I would like it, but I love the color, so I would buy it again.

on 10/19/2009 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

reminds me of mothbrown but without the brown, sounds stupid or weird if you dont own one or the other, but if you have both, you can see what i mean.
a nice purpley grey, the thing is, it's a bit on the chalky side (even though i would never say it's chalky-- it just has some chalky qualities). you might have some blending problems, but it shows up easily, and it's really not that much of a hassle. it's a really good shadow.

on 9/30/2009 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a nice grey color. Use it to subtily line or to darken crease when using light and vibrant colors on your lid. Neutral, very versatile, blend well.

on 8/30/2009 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

this is a great daytime grey. i love that it isn't shimmery. it's a satin matte and goes on well. this shade layers very well depending on how dark you want it.

on 7/11/2009 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I Love Mac Scene eyeshadow! In the pan it's a plain blue-tone satin grey but once applied it turns any Plain Jane into Sultry Sex-Kitten. I do a lot of do smokey looks, this works like magic for blending away harsh lines and smoking out the bottom lash line. It's definitely one of my top 5 favorite eyeshadows.

on 6/30/2009 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Scene is a matte light grey colour I use mainly for daytime smokey looks. It's easily blended to whatever colour you choose and since it's grey, goes with anything and matches all skintones. It's nothing special in itself, but if you're preferential to MAC's Matte formula, then it's good. Pigmentation is great and intensity can be layered or washed out easily.