September 2, 2014 | 890 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Scene Eyeshadow

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Sonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

as a lot of reviewers have mentioned this is a pretty shade that isnt very blendable..

i bought this thinking it would be perfect for smoky eye look..and grey es looks great on every one...it really didnt show up on my skin as i had expected..

so this is what i did:

i used mac blackground paint pot as base and then applied scene. wallah! it looked great...this paintpost and es would be the simplest of items needed to create a day time smoky eye look

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by UltraPremiumDeluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The color is exactly what I was looking for, but it was really hard to apply. It was determined to go on blotchy and look dirty. With some experimentation I could probably find a way to make it work, but I really don't have time in the mornings for a e/s that needs special attention, so I'm sending this back. It had potential.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by VJ21

love love love this es very pretty can be used for day or a smokey eye love it looks great with my brown eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by lavenderbleu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love scene! This color is very flattering to green eyes. As others have mentioned it can be a little difficult to blend, but once you get it patted on the lid, blend it out well and it looks great. I added a little haux in the outer v and crease and it is a great look paired with a lot of black eye-liner and mascara. I think it would look even better with a black eyeshadow blended in the crease as well. It isn't as pigmented as I would like it, but I love the color, so I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

reminds me of mothbrown but without the brown, sounds stupid or weird if you dont own one or the other, but if you have both, you can see what i mean.
a nice purpley grey, the thing is, it's a bit on the chalky side (even though i would never say it's chalky-- it just has some chalky qualities). you might have some blending problems, but it shows up easily, and it's really not that much of a hassle. it's a really good shadow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by miriamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice grey color. Use it to subtily line or to darken crease when using light and vibrant colors on your lid. Neutral, very versatile, blend well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by sandyroy01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a great daytime grey. i love that it isn't shimmery. it's a satin matte and goes on well. this shade layers very well depending on how dark you want it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by PinkSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I Love Mac Scene eyeshadow! In the pan it's a plain blue-tone satin grey but once applied it turns any Plain Jane into Sultry Sex-Kitten. I do a lot of do smokey looks, this works like magic for blending away harsh lines and smoking out the bottom lash line. It's definitely one of my top 5 favorite eyeshadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by kbah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Scene is a matte light grey colour I use mainly for daytime smokey looks. It's easily blended to whatever colour you choose and since it's grey, goes with anything and matches all skintones. It's nothing special in itself, but if you're preferential to MAC's Matte formula, then it's good. Pigmentation is great and intensity can be layered or washed out easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by PucaDot

Lovely color for everyday wear and intense smokey eye! Scene doesn't look super pretty in the pan, but on my eyes, it's a muted grey with purple undertones. By purple, I mean purple. Not plum or burgandy. Scene is a really lovely lovely color. I sweep a layer all over the lid for a natural everyday, on-the-go look or apply it over Shiseido's Hydro-Powder in Violet Visions (base) to intensify the color for a goooorgeous smokey eye! Highly recommend. My only grip is that MAC eyeshadows are expensive. But for this color, I'm willing to shell out 15 bucks because I can never find a dupe for Scene. It's a one-of-a-kind eyeshadow color. MAC eyeshadows last forever though. I finally hit pan (just a little bit) after like 3 years lol

EDIT: while I still really like this color, I find that I don't use it as much as when I was younger and loved sporting smokey eyes, so I am taking 1 lippie off.