August 20, 2014 | 1996 users online

Powder - NYX - Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by lovexoxo

For me, this product works great! The coverage is amazing and it doesn't feel heavy. I had even left it on during a workout (oopsie) and it was still going strong. The only con is that if your face gets dry it looks a little flaky but nothing some moisturizer can't fix!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by callieinterrupted

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PROS:
- Sets well
- Moderate coverage

CONS:
- Cakes on VERY easily
- Separates after a couple hours
- Makes skin itchy

This foundation is just average.. Nothing special. If you want a good cheap powder get Loreal.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder was featured on beautybroadcast, and was described as a foundation that could also be used as a setting powder. What led me to buy it was the description of the "glow" it gave your skin as a setting powder.

If by glow, you mean a super heavy, grease slicked look, then yes, it delivered. Even with a primer and good tinted moisturizer (Neutrogena 3-1), the product also oxydized after a few moments. The cherry on top was that my my concealer looked super cakey too, it was just awful. I love NYX - great glosses, E/S, and concealers - but this is terrible.

I am giving it 2 stars because maybe this would work well on dry or very mature skin. Also, I did not use it damp for coverage, I used it dry for extra coverage and to set.

PROS:
- For me, none, but there could be for ladies with mature or dry skin

CONS:
- Heavy (I used a light hand and a super fluffy kabuki brush over a light tinted moisturizer AND I had allowed time for the tinted moisturizer to dry)
- Caked my concealer
- Made my skin look oily not glowy
- Highlighted my pores vs. diffused them away
- Packaging is terrible (I almost broke a short, healthy nature nail to get get to the sponge - had to resort to turning compact upside down)
- Limited color selection
- Oxydized quickly - within minutes

For me, I would say Wet N Wild's Reserve Your Cabana created a better glow when applied all over on my NW20 skin than this. Plus it is MUCH cheaper and more versatile.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Wickedxchick

Im nc37 and bought warm beige. This powder has very little coverage so it was good as a setting powder. I have yellow undertones so its hard to find a good setting powder that wont affect the look of my foundation. This and the mac nc37 together did not alter the look . Wanted to keep this but it TINGLES IT BURNS i feel like my face is sweating; by itself or with foundation cannot make it work under these conditions. I can say I have very normal skin not many if any products affect my skin (breakouts, dryness,flakes ect) but this just didnot sit well. This felt worst than the inglot foundation i felt the tingle but it didnt bother me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by HolyyMoleyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was a really disappointing powder. I have extremely pale skin and when I saw this i thought for sure it would be a pretty close match. And it was! For a few minutes.This powder actually oxodized on my skin to a tan color. It comes out darker than it looks in the package. I've had this for a while now and i've noticed its changed color in the compact, too. The coverage is very minimal, I wouldn't call it a powder foundation, more of a finishing powder. It gives no more of a matte finish than any other powder, honestly. I guess it'd be ok if you're very tan but it definitely didn't work for me. If you want a good mattifying powder, try the Rimmel Stay Matte! Cheap and effective.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm so disappointed. I gave this a try as an alternative to EDM. Big mistake. The coverage is not buildable. It's sheer - at best. I tried buffing it in with a flat top brush, still sheer. Tried using the sponge applicator, still sheer. Tried it wet, still sheer. SIGH. It's definitely NOT good as a foundation but it's decent as a pressed powder, so that's what I use it for. I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for medium-full coverage that is buildable. Back to EDM - my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by ajewelofgod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder foundation. I have it in SMP11 Sienna which is slightly golden but when blended with a powder brush and my Benefit Get Even blotting powder is a perfect shade. I think that its matte when first applied but 4 to 6 hrs later becomes dewy then oily. Im oily so that expected after 6 hrs. I apply moisturizer let it sink in then conceal dark circles and acne scarring using NYX Full Coverage concealer in Glow and Mac Studio Fix concealer blended (not sure what color). And then I use a D'Natures face brush with light hand with the SMBNF powder foundation and BGE in 02. Perfect match. This can be built up to full coverage however I dont need to, in my opinion. Very cheap also Dolly Pink Lipliner pairs well with it. Loving NYX products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am very happy with this powder. I use it over my liquid foundation for extra coverage. It looks beautiful in pics!! Gorgeous overall skintone. When I first used it I did notice alot of oiliness after about 2 hours. Definitely got my moneys worth of oil blotting sheets at first! I switched primers and now use shine killer by nyx as well and it helps. Also I find this powder loves Kat Von D's foundation. Any time I wear them together I notice my skin just looks really good. Overall, its not necessarily matte but it definitely isn't flat and that's good enough for me! I've already re purchased because I use it every day now.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by LumpyDumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A bit of a misnomer here... this powder is lovely, but i would describe the finish as 'silky' or even 'glowing'... not AT ALL matte. As the powder wears, it comes to look rather heavy... i was disappointed...

My skin is somewhere between normal and dry, so it surprises me that a matte finish wasn't achieved!

Also, rather oddly: this powder hit pan faster than anything i've used before! Did i use more in lieu of the promised matte finish? Did they under-fill the pan? Is this powder simply weak in both quality AND quantity?

But it certainly isn't all bad: i couldn't perceive any scent, which is a plus in my book! The compact remained secure, if slightly less painted, in my purse for the duration of its life.
And the biggest reason for my rating leniency: this is a drugstore powder that was pale enough for me!!! The shade (01 Ivory) was light enough to adequately match my shockingly pallid skin! Ooh hoo!

All in all... i find this powder adequate. As i wait for my Meow foundation to arrive, i will continue to scrape the sides of the pan.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by ickythump

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The lady told me this would be great for my oily skin and "awesome for covering acne" (I was having a breakout) and she recommend it. Said it wouldn't be cakey.

Ha.

I find it to be really cakey and after a day of work I look like an oil painting. I would not recommend this to anyone.