November 26, 2014 | 1810 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

This is a pretty good drugstore foundation. I live in the states so I had to purchase sight unseen through a UK makeup site. I have used Rimmel foundations in the past so I sort of had an idea of what color to pick, but it was still guesswork. I don't have my bottle with me, but I ended up choosing a fairly decent shade.

I personally don't see the "glitter chunks" people claim to see. There is a shimmer to the foundation, but that is about all I've noticed. This is what gives it is luminous properties. I set my foundations with Wet 'n' Wild Cabana powder, which contains some glitter/sparkles so I guess I like this look. If you don't I would probably not try this foundation out. It is definitely for someone who wants a young, vibrant, glowing look. Think dewy and luminous. Those are the keywords to use with this foundation.

Other than that the coverage is great for a drugstore foundation and wear time is failry decent (6 hours - 8 hours depending on level of activity). I'm really surprised by how much improvement these drugstore companies are making in their products. A few years ago I would never have tried any of Rimmels products because I knew they wouldn't compare in quality to higher end products, but I think the gap is decreasing and the disparity in results and color payoff is going away. I think that is a good thing. Perhaps we will see more creativity from both sides and great products as a result.

That rant aside I give this product my approval. I use it and I like it. I'm not in love with it and it wouldn't say it is HG, but it pretty damn good. I can see why people rave about it. My only complaint is that this should be available in the U.S. I think it would get a lot of love over here. Especially because it seems to be a star of the Rimmel foundation lines.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Chloeroose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this! I know 16 people who use this and none of them have had a bad word to say, it has a really nice smell, good coverage and makes me seem awake when ive had hardly any sleep. Bit shimmery but the pros outweigh the cons because this has so many great things about it. It blends really well and feels really good on not like your caked. Colours are also very good.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by BassChicken

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin leaning on the oily side that's very, very fair and scarred and prone to breakout. For me, I haven't found a better foundation, yet.

The biggest problem I have with any foundation is when it going orange on the skin. Previously I used an array of BB creams including Garnier and Rimmel but they all left my face looking like an oompa loompa. Wake Me Up does still go orange especially around the neck line but when blended out properly, is hardly noticeable.

Overall coverage is good for me and easily builds apart from areas I'm more oily, like my nose which it kind of doesn't stick. This can be fixed with a concealer or highlighter of course but is still rather annoying. Can I happily go out with just this foundation on? Yes I can. But for the more flawless look and covered scars, concealer is needed.

This foundation does get a little shiny but that's to be expected with having 15SPF, it's not too bad needing a powder do-over once again during the day. It does leave little lines under the eyes which can be blended out with fingers easily.

This foundation doesn't look cakey and looks good in photos. The price is a bit much for me only having a casual job and completing studies but is manageable, just annoying. It runs out rather unexpectedly and leaves you needing to buy another within like 2 days of it spluttering out of the bottle. The packaging is a bit slippy and the pump swivels around unexpectedly. BUT this is the closest matching foundation for my skin that I've found so far, I get 100 Ivory.

So, all in all, I do like this foundation and will continue re-purchasing until some new amazing foundation is raved about around the community.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by maariyaloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have oily skin with some dry patches.This foundation clung to places that I had dryness and made my skin appear to be flaky. It gave light-medium coverage. It made my skin look very oily and greasy. It has a fruity smell and has a creamy consistency and is easy to blend. I wouldn't recommend this to people with oily skin or dry patches but if you have normal to dry skin then this is perfect for you. If you have dry skin then i advise you to use a moisturiser beforehand as this foundation is not moisturising at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Isane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found a sample of this foundation in a magazine. I gave it a go, not expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised! The sample shade soft beige was a perfect match. I got 2 uses out of the sample then went to buy a bottle. At under $10, this foundation is a great buy. The glass bottle with pump dispenses the product nicely. I have slightly dry skin (especially in the winter months) and this foundation goes on smoothly without any patches. It gives a nice glow and provides just enough coverage to even up my skin of redness. I set it with a powder and it lasts all day!

If you have normal or slightly dry skin I think this would work great for you. Oily skin types might find this too dewy as it does have some shine to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by redsunset

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried numerous foundations in my time, including many expensive brands, and I have found this to be one of the best I have tried! Having dry skin, I look for a foundation that feels moisturising and looks natural. This foundation is easy to apply and leaves me with a youthful dewy finish that lasts all day, and the price is also a plus point. Wonderful stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by shannonroach

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this foundation in November last year and I don't think I have ever stopped buying it since! It has a great texture and gives you a medium coverage, but is easily buildable. It has a nice shimmer to it that isn't too obvious but quite subtle. The packaging makes it look more expensive as it's glass and the orange lid and pump makes it stand out. I love all foundations with pumps as you don't waste too much of the product when you squeeze it out.
I usually put this on after moisturising and I set it with translucent powder. Looks really good in photos as you don't look too white or too dark
This is my #1 foundation and I can never get enough of it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by summerglow123

Quite okay foundation in this price range. Have this in #103 True Ivory, slightly warm, yellowish tone, works for me and evens out the redness of my skin.

As many have commented, this foundation is a bit "glittery". Would probaby not use it alone, since i have oily acne-prone skin...

I have blended it 50/50 with another, matte foundation, and the finish is nice, a bit glowy but not too much for my oily skin. A nice, summer/spring foundation, that is maybe not my everyday to-go foundation, but like a summer fling - something new to mix in the everyday life ;)

Practical packaging, i like the pump. Smells really good!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Claraa2000

I absolutely adore this foundation! It gives me a lovely dewy finish and just makes me look so awake, it was medium coverage and I found that after using it my skin got so much better, no break outs! It does have shimmer in it so it's probably better for autumn/winter time due to making you look bright and awake! It was £9.99 which is quite pricey for Rimmel but you will be willing to pay the price because it is absolutely amazing! I always find it difficult to find a good colour match for me because I am so pale so I picked up the light porcelain which, strangely enough was far too pale :o when buying the next bottle I'm going to buy a shade up:) I would definitely recommend this and I hope you enjoy using it:) xo

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by MacPeetster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I have normal to combination skin and it works great with my skin type. I've both classic and soft beige for winter time and sand for summer time. As to sparkles, it does have sparkles.. When I'm in the car and the sun hits my face, I can see them clearly when I look in the mirror. It's like there's highlighter all over my face. But it's only that obvious under these specific circumstances: direct sunlight and close range. Under normal circumstances it's not visible, only a beautiful sheen on the high points of your face. It's one of my go to foundations and it says a lot, since I have over 30 different ones.. Would recommend for dry, normal and combo skin. Not sure about oily skintypes.