Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

3.5

on 7/29/2013 11:33:00 AM

I use this more then any other lip item I own. Coming from someone who owns 500+ lip items that says a lot. I'd have to say its as close to an HG lip color as I can get only because its going to be the first Lippie I've had to replace due to using it all up. I tend to use a ton of other shades but this is the one I always go for when I don't feel like digging. As far as the glitter everyone is mentioning I have to say it doesn't bother me a bit. I actually kind of like it more because of that.

on 7/20/2013 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I´ve bought this several times. It´s moisturizing, has nice scent and the color is beautiful, very natural, only adds a little shine to my pigmented lips. On me it doesn´t look very peachy, it looks more like a pinky-peachy gloss. Very good for natural make up. Cheap.

I think this is a great lip product but it really too plain for me. It's very sheer, almost clear, hardly any pigment to it, but is very shimmery. It's very plain, and is basically like a too shimmery gloss. Probably wouldn't repurchase, would rather try out a different shade in the line.

on 6/14/2013 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

It is a fruit punch color with lots of shimmers in it. putting too much on makes your lips look like a disco ball but just a little will add great color and shine to your lips. looks very good in pictures! it gets a little sticky after a while

on 6/11/2013 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I think Peach Parfait looks beautiful on the lips, but you have to be prepared for the abrasiveness of the glitter. The soft, beige-peach definitely becomes three dimensional as the little sparkles catch the light, but so comfortable are the others in the range, this one doesn't seem quite up to scratch. It is a little scratchy.
Paired with a blue eye, or a slick of blue liner, this shade looks amazing. It's still better than a lot of lip products out there. It reminds me of the early Urban Decay lip products you used to get in those flat silver palettes along with Midnight Cowboy and Midnight Cowboy Rides Again. I loved those, in the late 90s, early 00s. This tastes better, but has the same retro consistency.

on 6/10/2013 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I picked this up on a whim and I am not regretting it at all. The colour suits my tan skin well. It doesnt show up strong so its perfect for when you're going for a really natural look. At the same time, it adds a nice shimmer to your lips so you still look put together and not literally just rolled out of bed.

Some reviewers have complained about the glitter in this. I haven't tried the other lip butters so I can't comment on the texture of this but I think the glitter looks fine on this. I'm not usually a big fan of glitter and make sure to avoid blushes/creams with the disco ball effect. But I think the amount of glitter is fine for this. Without the glitter, this would look really flat on lips.

Overall a good product from revlon and I will definitely be trying out more colours!

on 5/31/2013 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I consider this more a lip enhancing color on my deep skin tone (NC45). It's gives my lips the color pigment similar to a light gloss rather than other lip butters that I tried. The color looks like a subtle golden coral on my lips. There's a bit more glitter than I expected. It reminds me very much of my first MAC lip gloss, Oh Baby, but more coral.

The texture isn't as smooth as their other lip butters like Tuti Fruti, it's slightly course due to the glitter, so it doesn't slide on like "butter". I decided it's nice to wear during the summer when you want to go minimal. However for the pricing, I probably wouldn't repurchase it again and go for my L'Oreal Rose Exilir lip balm.

on 5/28/2013 12:27:00 AM

I love the colorburst lip butters overall and peach parfait is one of the many I purchased. I'm not sure how I feel about the gold flakes, but I love the faint peachy gloss it leaves behind. If you're looking for a super natural/no makeup look, you may want to skip this product and op for maybelline's color whisper in pinup peach.

Very, very dissapointed with this product as I'd heard so much about the Lip Butters and thought the color looked cute from the packaging. Hah, no. Not only is it more of an awkward light brownish-orange color than a peach, there is WAY TOO MUCH GLITTER. Huge gold chunks of it. That are way more prominent than the actual color itself. That feel gritty and awful on the lips. I plan on either giving this product to some crazy friend that likes glitter, or throwing it away to save them the trouble. However, all this said, I highly reccomend the matte shades of the Lip Butters.

on 5/27/2013 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Expectation: Heard SO MUCH great reviews about Revlon's Lip Butter line and decided to try a couple and the color Peach Parfait is one of them.

Result: Peach Parfait in particular is quite grainy because of the gold flakes. You should definitely exfoliate your lips before using this particular color. The color pay off is sheer but perfect.

Warning: make sure to keep an eye on it during the hot days (especially for people who live in SoCa like I do) because it surely melts and becomes a mess.