Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

3.5

I think this is a great lip product but it really too plain for me. It's very sheer, almost clear, hardly any pigment to it, but is very shimmery. It's very plain, and is basically like a too shimmery gloss. Probably wouldn't repurchase, would rather try out a different shade in the line.

on 6/14/2013 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

It is a fruit punch color with lots of shimmers in it. putting too much on makes your lips look like a disco ball but just a little will add great color and shine to your lips. looks very good in pictures! it gets a little sticky after a while

on 6/11/2013 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I think Peach Parfait looks beautiful on the lips, but you have to be prepared for the abrasiveness of the glitter. The soft, beige-peach definitely becomes three dimensional as the little sparkles catch the light, but so comfortable are the others in the range, this one doesn't seem quite up to scratch. It is a little scratchy.
Paired with a blue eye, or a slick of blue liner, this shade looks amazing. It's still better than a lot of lip products out there. It reminds me of the early Urban Decay lip products you used to get in those flat silver palettes along with Midnight Cowboy and Midnight Cowboy Rides Again. I loved those, in the late 90s, early 00s. This tastes better, but has the same retro consistency.

on 6/10/2013 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I picked this up on a whim and I am not regretting it at all. The colour suits my tan skin well. It doesnt show up strong so its perfect for when you're going for a really natural look. At the same time, it adds a nice shimmer to your lips so you still look put together and not literally just rolled out of bed.

Some reviewers have complained about the glitter in this. I haven't tried the other lip butters so I can't comment on the texture of this but I think the glitter looks fine on this. I'm not usually a big fan of glitter and make sure to avoid blushes/creams with the disco ball effect. But I think the amount of glitter is fine for this. Without the glitter, this would look really flat on lips.

Overall a good product from revlon and I will definitely be trying out more colours!

on 5/31/2013 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I consider this more a lip enhancing color on my deep skin tone (NC45). It's gives my lips the color pigment similar to a light gloss rather than other lip butters that I tried. The color looks like a subtle golden coral on my lips. There's a bit more glitter than I expected. It reminds me very much of my first MAC lip gloss, Oh Baby, but more coral.

The texture isn't as smooth as their other lip butters like Tuti Fruti, it's slightly course due to the glitter, so it doesn't slide on like "butter". I decided it's nice to wear during the summer when you want to go minimal. However for the pricing, I probably wouldn't repurchase it again and go for my L'Oreal Rose Exilir lip balm.

on 5/28/2013 12:27:00 AM

I love the colorburst lip butters overall and peach parfait is one of the many I purchased. I'm not sure how I feel about the gold flakes, but I love the faint peachy gloss it leaves behind. If you're looking for a super natural/no makeup look, you may want to skip this product and op for maybelline's color whisper in pinup peach.

Very, very dissapointed with this product as I'd heard so much about the Lip Butters and thought the color looked cute from the packaging. Hah, no. Not only is it more of an awkward light brownish-orange color than a peach, there is WAY TOO MUCH GLITTER. Huge gold chunks of it. That are way more prominent than the actual color itself. That feel gritty and awful on the lips. I plan on either giving this product to some crazy friend that likes glitter, or throwing it away to save them the trouble. However, all this said, I highly reccomend the matte shades of the Lip Butters.

on 5/27/2013 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Expectation: Heard SO MUCH great reviews about Revlon's Lip Butter line and decided to try a couple and the color Peach Parfait is one of them.

Result: Peach Parfait in particular is quite grainy because of the gold flakes. You should definitely exfoliate your lips before using this particular color. The color pay off is sheer but perfect.

Warning: make sure to keep an eye on it during the hot days (especially for people who live in SoCa like I do) because it surely melts and becomes a mess.

on 5/27/2013 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is my first lipbutter and I have to say that I really like it. Yes, this color does have quite a bit of gold glitter but it reminds me of the Maybelline Wet Shine diamonds lippies that were out in the early 2000's. I really loved those and maybe I'm wierd, who knows. Anyway, this wears for a few hours on me very comfortably and that's really saying something for I'm a bad lip-licker. If my lips don't feel really moist I will start to lick them and I always keep balm on for this reason. The color is a very pretty peachy pink that I could see going with alot of different makeup looks. Overall I love it and I'm definitely going to try more colors!

on 5/26/2013 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This was very sheer on my lips. There was absolutely no color pay-off, just shimmer and clear gloss. Swatched you can even see it is sheer, but I recieved a sample of this in the Target beauty bag and it was not as sheer as the real deal and there wasn't shimmer. I did notice that this particular color was moisturizing on the lips; maybe because of the lack of tint? Regardless, I exchanged it for Sweet Tart which is a bit more drying, but it is much more pigmented.