April 18, 2014 | 1887 users online

Lips - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

If this didn't contain so much shimmer, it would be a lovely colour and another lovely lip butter. Unfortunately, the excess shimmer ruins it for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by sherrybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved a lot of the lip butters but the glitter in this one is too much for me. Cherry tart also has some glitter but that was more like fine shimmer. This is just chunky glitter. This makes my lips look frosty if I try to build up the color. I could wear other lip butters even if my lips were a bit chapped and it would still look good, but the glitter in this would get caught on any cracks and look gross. Too bad, it's a pretty everyday color.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by nurfitras

I'm trying quite hard to love this shade, but..... I hate it! The peach color doesn't appear that much. I think it contains too much glitter in it so when you're wearing it your lips will look, umm, kinda luminous?
So when I apply it on my lips, it will look like I'm not wearing any colored lipstick, just glitter. Ugh.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by jlee92

First and foremost, I am a HUGEEE fan of the revlon lip butters. Love their quality and packaging in general and the colour range is nothing short of gd. However, there are some shades that I just cnt get myself to love. Peach parfait sadly is one of them. (the other being strawberry shortcake). I really really really love the base colour of this shade, such a pretty peach-rose. However, I should have known better than to get it just for the base colour (non-glitter fan here). I would not have mind this shade if there was even lesser glitter but the huge amount of gold glitter in here makes the texture a tad too gritty for me. I tried my best to make it work for me but sad to say this is just a no-go for me. I prefer it on others than on me. However, the lip butters are still no doubt my fav lipsticks ard!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by chickiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I"ve had this since the butters came out so more than a year and i still have tons of it left to use. it's just WAY to glittery for me and the glitter particles are gritty...IT's comfortable on the lips but i just use it as a highlighter now in the middle of my lip.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by apinchofspice

I bought this one and 'macaroon'. Though I am happy with the quality I get from macaroon and the decent colour pay-off, Peach Parfait gives me absolutely nothing to my natural lip colour. I could essentially get the same result from putting on a cheap clear lipgloss. Very disappointed, especially as Emma Stone's add is pretty misleading. Also the amount you get in the package is ridiculous compared to other lipsticks which are cheaper! I don't think I'll be buying these again in a hurry...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I think it has been established that this shade looks absolutely NOTHING like what Emma Stone had on in the lip butter ad, which to me was annoying and misleading. Moving on to the product itself, I wasn't very impressed with Peach Parfait in comparison to other lip butters like Berry Smoothie and Sweet Tart firstly because of the gritty glitter/shimmer and secondly because it doesn't really add a whole lot to my natural lip color and when I applied it quite heavily, it didn't look very flattering.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by frecklesrock

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the colorburst line of lip butters. This color looks great on pale complexions. I use it when I am using a peach blush and it pulls the look together. Just wish it had longer staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

I was looking for a subtle but recognizable peach/coral and found Peach Parfait and its sister in the Colorburst lip gloss line, Peony. Both are pinked-coral with gold shimmers. I like the shimmer, it is not frosty, and although I can feel the shimmer particles on the stick when I apply it, afterward they're not gritty on my lips. Peach Parfait is more subtle or maybe more sheer than Peony.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by spacecowgirlredux

The outer tube makes this look way oranger than it actually is. It's very close to the natural color of my lips, i.e. a medium/deep berryish pink; it may be a little warmer/brighter, but not much. This also has some very fine diffuse, colorless sparkle (which I only notice when I wipe it off, really). Like a l/s, the texture does enhance any dryness in my lips - to me, this is more of a l/s than a tinted balm; thus, I wear it over lightly blotted balm, which doesn't help with the already short wear time. I don't mind reapplying, though. It has a very slight vanilla scent mixed with the not-too-bad l/s waxiness. The packaging is pretty, but practically impossible to open after using lotion, which adds a layer of significant annoyance to my morning. Colorburst Lip Butters are fine if you want a formality to make you feel like you're putting on and wearing lipstick, especially with the posh-looking packaging, but you can find better tinted balms (NYX Lip Spa) and l/s (NYX Black Label) at the same price point or lower.