Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

3.5

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides , CI 77007/Ultramarines)

on 8/10/2014 1:30:00 PM

Didn't like this product at all. Whilst it doesn't do a bad job of actually priming by smoothing out wrinkles, etc, applying foundation on the top is not successful. The primer causes it to 'roll' and ends up a dreadful mess. I've had to throw the bottle away now, because the product is so thick it has clogged up the pump and made inoperable. Not one I'll be buying again and will stick to non-silicone primers which sit under foundation a good deal better.

on 7/29/2014 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after my sister recommended it to me. First of all, I think its a little overpriced for something I don't love. I expected great things from this primer but I'm a little disappointed. I've only ever used one primer before this one (W7 Camera Ready Prime Magic) and I wasn't sure if it was doing much as I hadn't used my foundation without it before to tell the difference between my foundation with and without the primer. Anyway, after using this primer I have now realised that my previous primer was actually making my makeup last a long time. This one however, does not do as nice a job in that area. I used to come home from work with my makeup still looking great, but with this primer it looks a bit patchy and shiny by the end of the day.

I've also noticed that my foundation looks streakier than usual with this primer. I usually have no trouble blending out my foundation, but with this primer underneath I have a bit of trouble with it. I've tried using only a bit, and I've tried using a fair amount but the results I got were no better.

It's not a terrible primer; it does take away shine to start with and makes my foundation look better than it does with no primer, but I don't think I'll repurchase it. My skin is comination/oily and I keep thinking maybe its just not the right kind of primer for my skin, as my previous one was a clear gel type primer and this one is more like a cream.

on 7/27/2014 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

this is my first primer (and my first review on MUA too). at first this primer did not work for me at all. i used it after Simple mosturizer. it flaked and pilled on me. my face looked so dry and aged!!! after putting it away for a couple of weeks, i decided to try it again, this time after Neutrogena mosturizer. it worked very well and the application was very smooth!! my makeup lasts and my foundation did not oxidize on top of it. i was in love!!! there's a little bit of problen with it though, dont use more than a pea size!! i wanted my face to look flawless for a wedding especially when my face was recovering from acne. i put 3 pumps of this primer in order to smooth my acne bumps and my face became sooo dry and my foundation application was not smooth at all. even when i mosturised well beforehand with my trusty neutrogena mosturizer. for me, this primer is more for making my makeup lasts and it does even out my skin tone a little bit(because of its pink tint). but definitely not for evening out skin texture.

Holy Grail Status, love this stuff! I had been using Rimmel 001 for the longest time, and don't get me wrong, it's a great primer. But this stuff, for my complexion (ruddy on the cheeks, dark circles, a blemish or two, and "teastained" eyelids" this stuff works SO MUCH BETTER!

I use it over my moisturizer cream, which is just the St. Ives I've used forever. I also use the Photoready Eye Primer as well, and will review that also.

This is a great primer if you're looking into something more budget. I received it as an sample and fell in love with it instantly and decided to buy it. The normal cost of it is around $22AUD and I bought it for $14AUD while it was on sale. It's easy to apply (I prefer to use a foundation brush to apply it) and it does not feel heavy on the face. However, just one tiny thing, it made my face look quite matte after foundation and powder. I prefer to have my face look more natural after makeup, to have that 'no makeup' look. However, this is just a minor thing, I don't really mind the look of it as the main thing is, it lasts! My skin is a combination type with very oily forehead, T-section and nose. With other primers, my forehead would become oily after only 2 hours. With this, my forehead would only become oily after 7-8 hours! Which is wonderful considering the price of the product is quite cheap!

on 6/8/2014 4:14:00 PM

This is my all time favorite primer. it is more pricy then other primers and the pump is very annoying when it gets down to the bottom I have to rip the top off and scoop out the rest. for the price I want to use every last drop buy its worth it my skin looks even I have very red complexion and dark circles under my eyes and this just makes everything smoother and more even love love love it

on 5/25/2014 6:12:00 PM

In short, this is an okay primer. To be fair, I am EXTREMELY picky and still have not found my HG primer after trying over a dozen high end and drugstore brands... Definitely not for winter as my skin is combination and it sticks to the flakes of dry skin. This is the primer I use when I'm doing nothing/going nowhere, just for my quick casual makeup.

PROS:
- I love the silky velvety texture
- the scent is very subtle
- minimizes my pores a lot more than a lot of primers I've tried
- makes my skin feel softer after applying makeup
- makeup applies smoothly

CONS:
- it has a subtle pink undertone which causes my face to appear slightly more pink which I don't want
- HORRID if you have dry skin. In the winter I tend to get dry patches and the second I applied this primer it made them all stand out
- packaging: after using, some product remains in the pump, so next time you use it there's a chunk of dry product that comes out of the pump... Annoying
- doesn't really prolong the wear of my makeup

Overall, I will not buy again. Still on the hunt for a perfect primer...

on 5/22/2014 11:32:00 AM

No matter which foundation or application method I used, it just made the foundation look worse than wearing it by itself. I was so disappointed I just gave it away.

on 5/16/2014 6:33:00 AM

This primer is really expensive for drugstore so I expected great things. Sadly it didn't really live up to my expectations.

PROS: very lightweight! Hardly feels or looks like you're wearing it at all. Goes on very smooth, almost like conditioner.

CONS: Simply put it's just not a good primer. For the price I expected it to help my makeup last all say long, it really only lasted a couple of hours more then when I don't prime. Wouldn't waste the money again.

on 5/13/2014 2:41:00 PM

This made my foundation look so bad, I couldn't blend anything on top of this it made it so difficult. I persevered with it and found the bottle lasts for about a month which is bad considering the price. I also find it has a weird smell... Wouldn't recommend

Popular Primer/ Correctors