Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

I have very fair skin, so finding bb creams that aren't too dark or orangey on me has been difficult, especially when drugstore brands only have a range of 3-4 colors. I'd been using the L'Oreal Magic BB cream, but it really didn't offer much coverage and didn't always blend nicely. This was recommended to me by an associate at Sephora, and even though I didn't love the price- a couple more dollars and it's the same price as my Lancome foundation- but the fair shade matched perfectly on my skin without being chalky. I use about a dime-size amount to cover my face. It has medium coverage, and finishes a little bit on the dewy side, which I personally really like. This is great for running errands during the day for a natural look that still has some coverage and evens out my skin. It also smells a lot like sunscreen when you first put it on, which I hadn't noticed with any drugstore bbs, so I feel like it has more active product and sun protection.

on 7/13/2014 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I quite like this. I wear it over my moisturiser and it blends well and isn't too thick. I finish it with halo powder. I have combination skin that can get dry in winter and it doesn't flake or go cakey or set into creases. I haven't found that if makes me oily at all. The best thing I love about smashbox is the colour matching to my skin. Cannot find another brand that matches my skin tone.

on 7/10/2014 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is awful ! What a mess . Coverage is none . It's oily and slick . Sat in my pores and made them look huge !!!! Not what I expected from a high end bb cream at all !

on 7/6/2014 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Not really a fan. Hard to spread on my face...color was too light but the next color was too dark...

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

Glad I got this as a sample because if I had paid full price I would have been highly disappointed. This was in light/medium and against my light/medium olive skin it was orange. What I got in the sample was more than enough to cover my neck and face about a nickel size. At first it was dewy. After an hour it dried to a semi matte but dear late Sally did it make me look old?! It really excentuated my fine lines. I wiped some off and it help tame things down. At the end of the day it was streaky across my neck and perhaps it was me but it seemed somewhat itchy on my skin. Definately not for me.

on 6/7/2014 1:41:00 PM

An absolute pile of rubbish. Minimal coverage (which I like) but still managed to be blotchy despite my best efforts on several occasions to even it out. There is a poor choice of colours, most of which turn your face orange. The Boots No.7 version is much better and cheaper!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Didn't really do much for my dry skin. Felt kind of chalky if that's possible haha! Would be good for oily/combo skin types maybe. Wouldn't buy again. X

on 6/3/2014 8:33:00 PM

I'm a teenager so I don't like wearing a heavy foundation and I have pretty good skin which means I don't need a lot of coverage. That is why BB cream is my must have beauty product. I love Smashbox Camera Ready BB cream because you actually get a good amount of coverage for a BB cream. I've used other BB creams & this one is definitely my favorite for coverage. It hydrates your skin just enough but if you are looking for extreme hydration I wouldn't recommend it because it doesn't hydrate a lot. It goes on very well and you don't need a lot. Just a couple drops, but it is build able if you need more. The color blends very well so you look natural but flawless. My favorite thing about it is that it acts as a primer. Usually with foundation I have to use a primer but this stays on for hours. It keeps the rest of my makeup on as well. I can come home from school and then my friends house and it will still be perfectly in place. The cons about this product is that it is so expensive. $40 is pricey but it will last forever so that's good. Another con is that it doesn't control oil for me. It actually makes my skin oily even though the product is oil free. That doesn't bother me that much though because I just top it with a light powder to control the oil. This BB cream is totally worth it & I will be repurchasing.

on 5/30/2014 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have started using this BB cream instead of their HD foundation. Great coverage, moderate to heavy. Applies smoothly and does not settle in fine lines. I wear fair...so porcelain gals will find this too dark. When set with powder and setting spray it last/wears all day. I use this BB or MAC's BB cream and I find both are comparable.

on 5/30/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I hate this BB cream with the heat of a thousand suns. I purchased awhile ago, didn't love the shade, and so it's languished in my foundation drawer. I recently asked around about the best BB cream for oily skin and so many people said Smashbox, and so I decided to revisit it.
I wore it yesterday, applied with a Beauty Blender. By the time I was stuck in traffic on my way to work, I had to wipe it off with a napkin found on the floor of the passenger side of my car because I looked like an orange lollipop. And I was already oily.
Ugh.