April 24, 2014 | 1903 users online

BB Cream - Estee Lauder - DayWear BB Anti-Oxidant Beauty Benefit Creme SPF 35

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Danoon

I've been using this BB cream (my first) for about 7 months now. I don't like or need foundation, and the only reason I tried this was because it has SPF35, which is diffucult to find otherwise.
I use it in combination with the Clarins Hydraquench serum and it is great! You do have to pay attention when applying, to avoid streaks, and certainly avoid putting too much. If you're looking for a foundation that hides everything, this is the wrong product. I find it evens out the skin tone without giving the feeling that your face is clogged up.
So far it has saved my European skin from the harsh African sun, I look more refreshed and people still think I'm not wearing any make up. No dryness thanks to the hydraquench serum, for me this is a winning combination.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by ioannaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

pros:

refreshing scent
nice texture
it does moisturize my skin for many hours
spf 35
convenient packaging

cons:

no coverage
too expensive for what it offers
only 30 ml
It was a little bit greasy after 2 or 3 hours

So, it was a good bb cream but nothing special. I believe that maybelline's has the same results in a lower price.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by amgowen

This BB cream is just okay. The color is fine if you're pale-medium. My issue is that it's somewhat streaky and not that moisturizing for a BB cream. I also really dislike the strong scent. I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by katrinaviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the first and only BB creme that I tried. Since I tend to break out easily with foundations, I asked to try a sample first. When that went well, I bought the tube (in 'Light'). It was a great summer foundation. Made my skin look beautiful, glowy, and flawless... and I did get a few compliments when I wore it! Very good coverage for being more of a tinted moisturizer than a foundation, and I love the SPF 35 aspect. However, the tube didn't last me all that long (I am used to getting close to a year out of foundation bottles, and this only lasted me about 5 months). The creme is quite thick, and I didn't find it was very 'spreadable,' so I'd have to use a lot more product than when I used my normal foundation (Guerlain Lingerie de Peau). Another drawback is there are only a couple of shades, which might make things difficult for you if your skin tone doesn't fall under the umbrella of what they offer. I'd recommend trying a sample first before buying. Still, I think I would buy this again next summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by suzannesoc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the second BB cream I've tried and I absolutely love it. It goes on easily and blends evenly. I still feel fresh at the end of a day. Hours after use, I don't feel like I've got to wipe a layer of make-up off my face. The Kanebo BB cream was too thick and left an unnatural feeling to my face. I will definitely buy the EL BB cream again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by cecilelpham

First off I absolutely love Estee Lauder! So when I heard they were coming out with a BB cream, I had to try it. It has SPF 35 which is pretty much a dream come true for me, since most products only have up to SPF 15 or so. I actually really like the cucumber scent, which makes it very fresh. The consistency is great, though it's not very moisturizing. I had to put moisturizer on prior to this product, which defeats the purpose of an all-in-one BB cream. It was also too thick and heavy-feeling for my taste, and the product would settle into my pores, making the blackheads on my nose more noticeable. In the end I had to return this product because it wasn't working out for me :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by stls

I got a sample and this one was surprising bad...
I liked the fresh cucumber scent, the refreshing effect and I found it moisturizing but the light one was plain dark yellow on my skin and went really patchy/ streaky on. After a while it adapts a bit but even to that point it's still not good. I'll pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by LAL03

I really like this BB cream, but wouldn't buy it again just because it is SO expensive... however if you're willing to splash out I would definitely recommend! I have extremely pale skin, so went for the lightest shade. It appeared a bit dark for me at first but once its blended onto your face it looks great, and really evens out your skin tone well. I love the consistency, though its more like a gel than a cream. It is moisturizing but doesn't leave your skin oily by any means, just gives a nice natural looking finish. I had no problems with breakouts either. The only negative thing I would say about it is that it takes a while to get used to applying it, and it's also hard to judge how much of it is needed to cover your face, but in the end it's definitely worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Magapurna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A very expensive (CAD 50) disappointment... It looked really great in the shop - I loved the smell and the colour (01 light) as well as consistency. Having been bitterly disappointed with some cheaper brands, but still hooked on the "all-in-one" idea, I decided to invest in Estee Lauder, which I generally like a lot. But the consistency turned out to be far too thick to blend in, and my oily skin would end up VERY shiny within 1-2 hours...
I'm not saying it's a bad product but it simply does not suit me.
However, having read some other reviews I'm now going to experiment with applying it on top of various moisturizers and possibly using powder on top. Will report back if discover a combination that works for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Shelbs7455

This is the first BB cream I have ever used, so I have nothing to compare this too. I've read countless reviews about other BB creams leaving your skin oily, so after doing some research I decided to go with this one. In the morning I wash my face with clinique's 3-step acne system, then I put this BB cream on after and apply some of my bare minerals foundation over it. This BB cream didn't make my face look/feel oily at all, and I think it actually controlled some of the excess surface oil on my face throughout the day. What I liked most about this was how moisturized my face felt all day. I didn't think this cream was too heavy, and my makeup still went on fine after putting this on. The only reason why I did not give this a 5 for an overall rating was because it has a slightly strong sunscreen smell to it, while it claims to have a cucumber scent- which you can somewhat smell, I think it has more of sunscreen scent.