October 1, 2014 | 1784 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! I have extremely curly hair that frizzes (I am mixed-race), and no matter how gentle the shampoo, my hair always has a bit of frizz after washing (that I subdue with loads of deep conditioning and treatments). But this product...does the trick. I was amazed that my hair was immediately so soft and bouncy and shiny. Using my conditioners afterward helped enhance this ,and the change in my hair is remarkable. It hasn't looked this great in a while. I am definitely a convert to this product. Yes, I agree the smell is 'different' - but I believe that has a lot to do with the purity of the product, and while it's not for everyone, I don't mind it at all. I do agree the pump isn't great also - doesn't give a lot of product, but whatever. Not the end of the world and certainly not a deal breaker.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by veggiehamburgerlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this. My hair is several damaged. It has broken off a lot and it seems to not want to grow at all. I have bleached my hair, stripped colour a few times, used harsh shampoo, and heat styled my hair for the past four years. I stopped straightening and brushing it because I was afraid it would snap off even more, so it was always in a high bun. My hair feels so soft, silky, and normal and my ends are not fried and spitting after I use this cleanser. fells kind of like "virgin" hair. I feel confident again to wear my hair down, brush and just a couple days ago, I could straighten it without breaking when I did it on a test strand. I got my old hair back.It smells really good too. I don't know why i see such negative complaints about the smell. It feels and smells like custard.

I use this as my shampoo, followed by Tres Semme Nourishing Rituals Protein Renewal Creme as my conditioner, followed by Infusium 23 Leave In Treatment on damp hair, and Tres Semme Platinum Strength Heat Protective Spray.

There are a few things I do not like about this product. The first thing is the price. I got this on sale for $5.99, so I bought 2. The original price is just under $10. For the amount you get, it's pretty steep. I also find that the whole bottle doesn't like that long. You can get maybe 5-6 washes out of it. That's it. The pump doesn't distribute too much product at time, but that kind of thing doesn't bug me.

Another thing is that while it leaves my hair feeling amazing, after a while, I do notice a build up after about 2-3 washes. My hair doesn't feel dirty or weighed down, but it's my scalp. I can feel a residue building and it bugs me. When this happens, I use a regular sulfate free shampoo like Live Clean or Alba.

But overall, you got to try it. I will continue to buy this for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by MrsRiggs

When I first saw Wen, I knew I really wanted to try it, but it was too pricey. I then came across this Cleansing Conditioner...and fell in love! It smells so good, like vanilla. It made my curly, frizzy hair super soft and also reduced my other hair product use. My hubby also said my hair smelled good when I used this. The pricing was much better than Wen and I'm very happy I tried it! The only complaint I have is the pump... it gets really annoying! But other than that, amazing product, great job L'Oreal!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by AlwaysAnAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for almost a year and I LOVE it.I have LONG,thick,some what frizzy,color treated hair and this product works great.I started using it after I got tired of spending alot of money on WEN and it not doing what they promised. It does take alittle getting used to because it is so thick. The scent is alittle strong but I have alot of people tell me my hair smells very good.Since using this product I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week and it NEVER feels or looks greasy. And I've never had a problem with my color either(trust me after all the money I spend on coloring it I wouldn't use anything that would strip it out). I have friends that have tried it after asking what I use and they love it as well

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by arianah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate this stuff. I bought it as a cheapo alternative to Wen, and it is *nothing like* Wen.
The worst part might be the smell-- it smells like cheap old lady perfume. Disgusting!
Just as bad, this stuff doesn't even work!! After using 1/4 bottle on my shoulder-length, color-processed, half-Asian hair, my locks just felt heavy, "hard" and .... almost sticky. They looked dirty, and they didn't lay flat and smooth like they once did with Wen. They had an ugly bend to them at the wrong place.
And, of course, I smelled like gross old lady perfume all day long, so much so that it gave me a pounding headache. I couldn't wait to wash it out at the end of the day.
And so, my search for an affordable Wen alternative continues....

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by BrigitteTolson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After going through a bottle of Wen, I was totally into the cleansing conditioner thing- a non foaming, conditioning product that rinses clean, and can be used as a conditioner or even a leave it. This product is not a replacement for Wen (not great as a leave in), but it's great for what it is and leaves my curly processed hair nice and soft.

It smells like plastic caramel, if you're into that you'll love this scent. There is no better way to describe it- caramel candy and Barbie. I personally dig it, but give this product a whiff before you buy it because it has a distinctive scent, unlike the rest of the L'oreal Ever range which is quite traditionally fragranced with your typical light and fruity "hair product" aroma.

Bottom line, is this product performs as promised and leaves my normally frizz ball tangled hair soft and tangle free, which was something no cleansing product has ever achieved, and I am a cosmetologist and have been able to try most major products on the market, including the high end stuff. For 5.99$ at a drug store (what I payed) this is an outstanding product, and I honestly do not think my hair looks any different than when I used Wen. I also love the spray in conditioner in this range.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by ParfumLust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've really debated what score to give this product. I purchased this after I'd box colored my hair too many times and it was very damaged. I didn't have any problems with this causing my hair to be limp or oily. Instead, it worked as a nice gentle cleanser and my ends actually started looking better. So why the bad rating? The smell is atrocious! It's so strong and lasts until my next shampooing. This product made me feel like pig pen from the peanuts cartoon. Only the halo surrounding me wasn't dirt it was the awful smell of this cleanser. I kept trying to persevere because it seemed to be working on my hair. However, I stopped using it when I started getting headaches from the smell. So, while this cleanser is actually a decent product for my hair, I can't give something I'm unable to use with out feeling sick a higher score.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I've been using this for a few months and really like it. I've NOT, however, been using it as intended. I had originally tried this as a cleansing conditioner with bad results- my hair was limp, oily, and just felt "not clean" after. Now, I wash my hair with shampoo first, then follow up with this as a conditioner. This stuff is very moisturizing and smells great, and my hair is bouncy, soft and nicely conditioned after using. I have repurchased, and will continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Lexiwow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this cleansing conditioner on and off for the past year. I find that it gives my used, abused, color treated, hot ironed hair the perfect amount of moisture to keep it soft and shiny, without fading my color. My favorite all time shampoo/conditioner is FF's Glossing, but lately, I've been having a hard time coughing up over $20 for a bottle of shampoo. Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner smells like vanilla and makes my hair soft and smooth. It's also nice to use as a shaving cream substitute.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by Murphy37

I was very excited to try this "cleansing" conditioner beccause I am always looking for products to speed up my shower time, especially at the gym!

First, the pump on this product was defective; I spent a lot of time trying to even get the pump to release, I never did get it to work. I ended up unscrewing the cap and pouring the product into my hand.

Second, while I expected there to be little lather, I wasn't excpecting there to be none at all. I combed the product through my hair and waited the 2-3 minutes as directed on the package.

Third, when I rinsed the product out, a great deal of my hair rinsed out with it! I was horrified. I have fairly thick hair and I have never seen so much fall out after washing it. I actually had to unclog the drain to finish my shower.

Fourth, when I was combing my hair out to get ready to style it, I had tons of tangles and they were big ones not little ones. I had to take great care in combing my hair out becuase I was worried about more breakage.

Fifth and finally, I blew my hair dry to find that the roots were a greasy, disgusting mess and that the ends were drier than the Sahara Desert. I ended up pulling my hair back in a ponytail and wearing a hat because I did not have time to rewash my hair.

Overall, I was very disappointed with this product. I will not buy it again and I will not recommend it.