October 21, 2014 | 1060 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Illegal Lengths Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Umthisisawkward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it looked promising and I was somewhat right. Im not really thrilled with alot of maybelline products especially their mascaras now. (I used to be a maybelline junkie haha) I liked the way the brush looked but when I actually applied it to my lashes, it didn't separate them and basically bunched my lashes up together. Thats a mascara no no. The formula looked so really cakey and gross. The only reason Im giving it 3 stars because it didn't smudge after working 6 hours as a waitress in a hot restaurant . I would recommend it for beginners.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by ElectricBluee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to trial this mascara. I don't know if it was the cute packaging or the promising advertisements, but whatever it was, it reallllyyyy made me want to buy! I have been using this on and off for about 3 months now and I am getting ready to dispose of it. I enjoy the brush, and thats why it got one lippy. Its long, thin, and bristle-ee and I usually dont prefer them like that, but I enjoy this one. I have it another lippy because my color, blackest black, is very black and I enjoy that.
When first applied (with my lashes curled), it looks fantastic. My short lashes look long and flirty and amazing. After about 20 minutes, that all goes away and I am left with black, short and strait eyelashes. It's horrible! When applied to my lower lashes, it smudges right away and looks nasty. I am so unimpressed with this and most def would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by mirili

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. I am surprised it doesnt have better reviews because I am really satisfied with it. Makes my lashes really long and doesnt smudge or clump if applied properly. If you apply too much you can end up with these balls at the end of your lashes. But that is the only downside for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 More reviews by palefawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was actually pretty surprised by this mascara. Maybelline is probably my second-favorite drugstore brand to get mascaras from, next to L'oreal, but usually with lengthening mascaras they just don't do much for me. They either make my lashes look thin and stringy, or clump my lashes together so it looks like I barely have any.

This mascara both lengthened, AND volumized my lashes (moreso lengthen, but it did give nice volume as well!)

I can't tell if there are little fibers in the formula, it almost looks like it, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I just loved the way this applied and took my eyelashes to their best. It's not my all-time favorite mascara, but I probably will buy it again when I run out. I think the brush makes all the difference, the bristles on it are nice and, not crowded, but there are a lot packed on there so each lash really gets coated.

Overall, love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Nadiaadaira

This mascara is AMAZING.

Dramatic/natural lashes are both an option with this mascara.

Its feels very different putting it on my lashes compared to every other mascara, I can't quite describe it but it was like there was no product on the brush at all, but as I layered it on my lashes, they formed perfect long lashes. I was so impressed, especially as many "lengthening" mascaras tend to make my lashes stick together, or give an incredibly natural look which I'm not particularly fond of. Seriously the product looks invisible on the brush but it INSTANTLY transformed my lashes.

No clumps in sight, just perfectly coated lashes (every single one!). Looked like I was wearing falsies, even a friend commented on how nice my lashes looked after wearing this after the first use.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by TGonz

To be honest, I really don't understand the negative reviews on this product. I actually kinda like it. It almost performs like the Maybelline Lash Stiletto (minus the toilet cleaner smell). Well, maybe it's because I naturally have full, somewhat long lashes and almost any mascara works for me. But I actually like this. I might like this better than Lash Stiletto 'cause it doesn't have any weird smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Brunettbabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this masscara it makes my lashes look really long andands the perfect amont of volum to my hard to curl lashes. It doesnt have any clumps ( maybe but not much) and in 2 swipes my lashes are perfect and with my greatn lash masscara it took alot of swipes. I LLLOOOOVVEEE this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by lexigill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara was absolutely nothing special. It does lengthen but also dries out and flakes in no time leaving you with the little fibers all over (and in your eyes). It does not help with volume or curl whatsoever and I found it made my lashes look super spidery. There are better options out there for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by amakeupmistress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Just because it has 4mm fibre extensions, doesn't mean it is going to extend your lashes by 4mm...
Compared with other lash extending mascaras, this one is on par with most of them, but thankfully not as clumpy. Which takes it to a 4 in my book. I've only ever used just one coat, so I was never expecting supreme length, but I did get depth of colour, and intense blackness that created good contrast and made my lashes stand out against my lid, which automatically created a lengthier look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Bleh. Lengthened my lashes a bit, but definately not 4mm or whatever the stupid commercials claim! I thought this was going to be a tubing type mascara and it isn't. It's clumpy and gives the spider lashes look. Very cheap feeling packaging, and the mascara dried out within just a few uses (even with the cap on tight). It was also pretty expensive for a drugstore mascara (around $10). The only good thing I can think of is it didn't smudge. Would not buy again and would not recommend. Maybelline makes many good mascaras, but this is not one of them.