July 29, 2014 | 1591 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Illegal Lengths Mascara (2011)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Nadiaadaira

This mascara is AMAZING.

Dramatic/natural lashes are both an option with this mascara.

Its feels very different putting it on my lashes compared to every other mascara, I can't quite describe it but it was like there was no product on the brush at all, but as I layered it on my lashes, they formed perfect long lashes. I was so impressed, especially as many "lengthening" mascaras tend to make my lashes stick together, or give an incredibly natural look which I'm not particularly fond of. Seriously the product looks invisible on the brush but it INSTANTLY transformed my lashes.

No clumps in sight, just perfectly coated lashes (every single one!). Looked like I was wearing falsies, even a friend commented on how nice my lashes looked after wearing this after the first use.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by TGonz

To be honest, I really don't understand the negative reviews on this product. I actually kinda like it. It almost performs like the Maybelline Lash Stiletto (minus the toilet cleaner smell). Well, maybe it's because I naturally have full, somewhat long lashes and almost any mascara works for me. But I actually like this. I might like this better than Lash Stiletto 'cause it doesn't have any weird smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Brunettbabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this masscara it makes my lashes look really long andands the perfect amont of volum to my hard to curl lashes. It doesnt have any clumps ( maybe but not much) and in 2 swipes my lashes are perfect and with my greatn lash masscara it took alot of swipes. I LLLOOOOVVEEE this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by lexigill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara was absolutely nothing special. It does lengthen but also dries out and flakes in no time leaving you with the little fibers all over (and in your eyes). It does not help with volume or curl whatsoever and I found it made my lashes look super spidery. There are better options out there for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by amakeupmistress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Just because it has 4mm fibre extensions, doesn't mean it is going to extend your lashes by 4mm...
Compared with other lash extending mascaras, this one is on par with most of them, but thankfully not as clumpy. Which takes it to a 4 in my book. I've only ever used just one coat, so I was never expecting supreme length, but I did get depth of colour, and intense blackness that created good contrast and made my lashes stand out against my lid, which automatically created a lengthier look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Bleh. Lengthened my lashes a bit, but definately not 4mm or whatever the stupid commercials claim! I thought this was going to be a tubing type mascara and it isn't. It's clumpy and gives the spider lashes look. Very cheap feeling packaging, and the mascara dried out within just a few uses (even with the cap on tight). It was also pretty expensive for a drugstore mascara (around $10). The only good thing I can think of is it didn't smudge. Would not buy again and would not recommend. Maybelline makes many good mascaras, but this is not one of them.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by kelliks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually like this mascara. When I first tried it I thought that I had wasted my money, but after playing around with it I started to like it. It really does lengthen. It works best when it is used alone with no other primers or anything and you need to do multiple coats while it is still wet. The formula is a little drier than I usually like, but if you work with it you can get beautiful lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by misshelengee

Okay, it is possible that my glowing review about this product may be because I haven't had tooo much experience with lengthening mascaras, considering I ALWAYS go back to my stand-by L'oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black, but I'll give this a shot:

From the words of Katt Williams: "This sh*t right here, n*gga. THIS SH*T RIGHT HERE."

OH. MY. LORD. I already have pretty long lashes (when coupled with the right mascara, mind you), but this mascara TOTALLY summoned their full potential.

After about two or three coats, the length is remarkable. When I was stuck with my older mascaras, my eyelashes were less than impressive, which really bothered me considering how beautiful and long they usually looked. THIS MASCARA definitely takes the cake and cured me of my dry spell.

Basically, if you're looking for a lengthening mascara, THIS is your match. You will NOT be disappointed. Volume is sub-par, but then again, this mascara isn't even geared towards that aspect so that's not much of a game-changer. And as for color/drama, even in blackest black, the color doesn't do much for me, but that's fine. That's what my baby, L'oreal, is for.

So yeah. PURCHASE THIS BABY. NOW. I kid you not, it is life-changing...... I'm not even exaggerating man, I created an account this website JUST so I could write a review about this macara. If that doesn't spell out how wonderful this mascara is, I don't know what will.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by iram123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

worst mascara i have ever used. does nothing for your lashes. i am lucky to have natural long lashes and mascara helps curl and volumise them but this did the opposite. made them look thin and not at all volumised.

takes 5 mins just to build up the lashes.

do not buy and would never recommended. so disappointed

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by TheresaK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to say this mascara isn't half bad! I have short and sparse (read: terrible) lashes so I'm always trying new mascaras to find my HG. While this isn't it, I would buy it again if it was on sale. At first I wasn't sure, but the more I used it the more I liked it. I don't know that the fibres I see on the brush actually attached to make my lases longer. But I did notice increased length and nice definition. And it's really nice and black. I like the wand because it actually can grip my teeny lashes and coat them, unlike all these new rubbery wands that are saturating the market. And I've been using this tube for about 2 months now and I haven't noticed any drying out yet. This mascara also doesn't smudge or flake off halfway through the day, although I think it might if it was really hot and you were a little "glowy" lol
All in all, it's pretty good! I like it :)