October 20, 2014 | 1954 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Photoready 3D Volume

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

I received Benefit's "They're Real!" as a gift one day and I love it a lot, but I've been looking for a drugstore dupe since then. $29 is too much for me!

The rubber bristles on this one are VERY similar to They're Real, which is why I picked it up. I love mascara wands that have bristles at the end, not just a a round stump like most do, since I like to hold my mascara vertically to get the little lashes in the corner of my eyes. In that regard, this mascara gets an A+. I find it very easy to get to those stubborn little lashes.

However, it falls short of being a dupe for They're Real. It's not as black or volumizing. It actually reminds me a lot of Maybelline's "Full 'n' Soft" because it darkens slightly but still looks natural and does not make your lashes "hard" looking like some mascaras.

So I'm quite conflicted on what to rate Photoready 3D. I purchased this in "Blackest Black" and it still wasn't that dark. As well, it does not add any volume at all to my lashes, although it did separate them fairly well. I find overall it does not live up to it's claims, BUT if you're looking for a basic mascara then this might do the job. For me, I already have many "natural" looking mascaras and was looking for something to make my eyes look more dramatic like Benefit's and this was not it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by madeleineb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I find it almost laughable that this mascara has 'volume' in it's name. To achieve anything close to what I would call volumised lashes I had to apply 4+ layers! I found the product overall to be very thin. It didn't give me the definition I crave and also couldn't hold a curl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you like Benefit's Theyre Real mascara, then this is pretty similar and way cheaper alt to Theyre real.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this would have work for my asian medium length lashes because of the rubber bristles but it did not. This gave me ok amount of volume and length. Holds a curl, no smudging. What this lacked for me was drama. This is okay for everyday and for work but it claim to give volume - it lacked in that department. Not a bad mascara though. Price- I brought it for $10 at CVS. I used it for about 3 months. The rubber bristle is great since my lashes never clumped and it was not messy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Revlon has released some terrible mascaras in the past decade and after they discontinued the perfect Colorstay mascara with my fave bristle brush I had given up on the brand in terms of mascaras - but there are two that have stood out for me in the last few years - this one and the now discontinued 'beyond natural' defining mascara which is now my second fave along with L'oreals Million volume and Maybeline the Colossal. This hands down is the best mascara I have ever used in my life and makes my lashes look like I have a full set of falsies on - and that's just with two normal coats - three and they look unreal. Non-clumpy, perfect formula (not too wet and not to dry) no flaking unlike the L'oreal and Maybelline ones, true black pigment and the brush is outstanding. Beautiful packaging feels nice in the hand too.This is my dramatic mascara for nightime looks, I keep the L'oreal for daytime wow lashes and the beyond natural for well natural looks. I should probably mention that I have quite dense lashes with above average but not over the top lengthso if you are in the same boat you will probably love this as much as me. Please don't discontinue this Revlon as I will repurchase over and over.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by katiemac0324

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have long black eyelashes and im always looking for a great product to help volumize my lashes. The mascara i used before this one was the maybelline voluminous mascara and it worked well but i would definitely prefer this mascara. This mascara gives me tones of volume and the best part for me personally; because of the multiple straight bristles it really separates my lashes which i looooove! This mascara doesn't have a pungent smell either like the maybelline ones which i find a bonus and the formula was the perfect consistency. I find that i don't need to curl my lashes when i use this because the brush pushes up my lashes and keeps them there all day! i would recommend this to someone with long thick lashes who is looking for volume and separated lashes!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by asdfghjklrachel

I didn't like this at first. But then I found out a great way to apply this to my straight asian lashes. I curl my lashes first, then I apply a thin coat of maybelline volum' express magnum to hold the curl, then I quickly apply this over my lashes for a nice feathery look and the curl last the whole day. If I wear this alone, it turns my curl straight which I don't fancy seeing. This mascara gave my lashes definition and definitely builds volume and lengthens. It doesn't clump my lashes into 3 which I find amazing. Also, many would think this is like Benefit they're real but it's really not. I prefer this more and it is also a very affordable product. Would definitely repurchase as I can't live without it for my every day look.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Nesssssss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nothing wrong with this mascara, but I honestly just don't think there's anything special about it. I don't really find I get much volume out of this at all, and it's not that cheap.

Much better results with Rimmell Maxx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

*I added a new photo for comparison.

I suggest everybody give 3D a chance. It's a mascara that works, if you can't decide what to use or if you have no time left. Right now I own 12 mascaras that I switch around, 3D is my second newest one. At first I didn't like it because I prefer a lot of length with little thickness, but after a week of using it comparing it to my favorite mascaras I've come around.

3D is an all-around excellent mascara, which is why I think everyone should try it. It's not really good at one thing and okay at everything else, it's pretty good with it all. My test of length is if it reaches my crease (mascaras that don't automatically go back to the store), and how far up over it goes. It's not as reaching as L'oreal Telescopic, which almost hits at my brows, but my lashes all go over my crease. I normally only like to apply one coat but two coats of 3D makes for a splendid look. Lots of thickness, a generous curling affect without any help from a beauty tool, and best of all the waterproof version is just as well.

Now this part kind of goes with smudge factor, which 3D doesn't do at all. My favorite part of it, that I've never seen in any mascara--whether you wore it all day or applied it before bed for some reason and fell asleep in it, it looks the same when you wake up. I've done it a few times, and woke up to only a few particles under the eye. Night before yesterday I was bored and did my makeup. Shadow, mascara, mineral powder foundation. Lucky for me because I slept in late and took 10 minutes to freshen up, fix my hair, get dressed, and get on the road. It's not a mascara that you need a long time to get the maximum affect. I've applied this at red lights and lashes look like falsies.

Finally, I thought this would work like They're Real because of the brush, but not so. 3D stands on its own. I like it more than one of my favorites, NYX's Doll Eye (thankfully because Doll Eye costs around $12 where I live). Always make sure you get makeup on sale like BOGO 50% off or 40% off sales. Last week Revlon was 40% off at all Rite Aid stores, that's when I got this.

3D's formula is in the middle. I prefer wet mascaras, which might've been why I was iffy at first. But it's not dry so it doesn't flake, and it's not wet enough to be messy. The brush is a good size and the bottle is nice, basic.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Jujulaboo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel that mascara is a very personal thing, and everyone has their own preference. The bristles are plastic and quite long and wrap all the way around the brush and to the tip, making it easy to get the inner and outer corner of the lashes. The formula is very black (I got mine in 001.) The formula is very wet and I personally like the look it gives my lashes. Even though it is a wet formula with plastic bristles, it still doesn't make your lashes look harsh or brittle. It gives lashes amazing definition, seriously, it makes every lash have its own little place, and pretty average length and volume. This is my all time favorite mascara and I'd recommend it if definition is what you're looking for.