August 29, 2014 | 1189 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by HausOfMusic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is an amazing foundation! It's impressive that you get this for such a low price! It stays all day long and as the day go on, instead of making my face look oily and gross, it makes it look dewy and healthy. The only negative thing is that (at least the color I chose) makes me look orange.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by amygregor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in 105 Ivory after reading positive reviews from fair-skinned people on drugstore.com. I should have learned my lesson about drugstore foundations for very fair skin. And I should have learned my lesson about picking out makeup online. But this was a $14 mistake. It seems expensive for a drugstore foundation, but if you're not fair, it might work for you. I do like the packaging. It's in an airless pump thing. I like the texture much better than the L'Oreal True Match, but Ivory is pretty dark, even for a drugstore foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by amy212

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Let me first say that I bought this foundation on a whim. It was new, BOBO and I in general really like Cover girl foundations. I barely tested this product when I got home, it seemed nice as I tossed it in my makeup draw not to be seen for a few months.

I typically was using a cream foundation by Maybelline, it has great finish, but was a tad to orange and dark, just enough to have to skimp on coverage as to not look off in color, plus I found it transparent over spots in certain light.

I then began using Revlon Colorstay for dry skin as I also thought the Maybelline may be transferring off my face, another reason it lacked coverage towards the afternoon.

Revlon Colorstay makes me look like I am wearing natural looking makeup, but still with makeup on. Not an issue in a professional setting, but as a mom picking up from preschool, most other moms don't need to wear foundation as I do to cover spots and I felt made-up, however nice and natural the look was. This foundation is also labor intensive, dries very fast and stains my sponge and brushes to the point that properly washing them is a real process.

I was not truly happy with Colorstay on the days that full coverage was not needed, so based on the reviews I dug out Olay Tone Rehab out and gave it a try.

This is a excellent foundation as it gives coverage without fading and very little, much less than a full pump is needed to cover my face. The color, Classic Ivory is very nice for my pale warm skin, leaving it like I have less imperfections yet without a made-up look. I also do not see issues with fading or transferring over time.

In all fairness, my skin has gotten much better recently so my need for foundation is minimal, but this makes a lovely "real skin" product that I will continue to buy as the application is simple, leaving me with just enough coverage to feel confident without looking like I have makeup on my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by SarahAshleyH

I love the texture of this product. It was so nice to put on and it looked great at first but as the day went on I started to break out really bad. This product is just not for me unfortunately. I would not recommend this to anyone with sensitive or acne prone skin as it might make things worse instead of better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by matt44bek

I quite like this. I got it fairly cheap on sale for $10 aus (normaly around the $22 mark) Unfortunately the colors are so limited out here in Austalia that the shade i did pick up 142 med beige will be more suited to my winter skin tone. I am a NW30 so i hunted around on ebay for a better shade option and came up with soft honey 155. I took a punt and bought it and it suits my slightly tanned summer skin tone quite well. A tiny touch too orange but not the worst. I tone it down a bit with my Ben Nye banana powder and its great. Texture is nice , a bit moussey but not so heavy as Maybelline dream mousse which i used for ages until i just found it too mask like on my face. I would buy it again, but not at the $22 price mark. $10 - $15 is a good fair price for this makeup. Great pump packaging too !
EDIT *** upgraded to 5 starts .. actually really loving this foundation. Went back and bought some more colours (colours in Australia are so limited that I've had to blend 2 different ones) I had already previously purchased Medium Beige so I got the darkest one out here Golden Tan and mixed the two and this gives a great yellow toned colour that matches my tanned NW30 complexion perfectly ! woo hoo !! And I got them for $10 a pop so that's a bonus ! I've been using this all week and find that it gives great coverage but still lets my skin thru.. I guess what im saying is its not like a 'mask' ! Try this one out girls !!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by realmakeovers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a few sun spots & my skin is dry. However for my age, I do not have any wrinkles. :) I love that the bottle is a pump for hygienic reasons. This foundation goes on pretty smoothly. I am very fair skinned so, I wear the color Ivory. I do have a suggestion. I would have given 5 stars if the coverage was just a bit heavier. Overall, for a drugstore brand...this is not bad at all. I would purchase again. Thank you, Covergirl!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFanNow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am Mac NC20 and Buff Beige matched me very well. I thought I would try one other drugstore foundation after my bad experience with Revlon's Colorstay whipped foundation.

Unfortunately, as soon as I put this on my face I had the same adverse reaction as with the Whipped Colorstay, it started to feel really dry and itchy. I had terrible flaking and dry patches on my forehead, my temples and on my cheeks. I broke out horribly by my eyebrows and around my mouth and chin.

I loved the texture and the color. It's just unfortunate I had such a bad reaction.

After this experience with this and Revlon's ColorStay Whipped foundation, I have to stay with the HE foundations, none of the more expensive brands (Shiseido, Clinique, MAC, etc) ever made my skin react like this.

I thought I could save some money, but with all the measures I've had to take to fix my face after this second bad reaction, it was not worth the "savings." I won't ever by drugstore foundation ever again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Covergirl&Olay teamed up last year to create a line of anti-aging makeup infused with Olay serum. I had mixed feeling about the Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush, but I'm back with another Covergirl&Olay product, hoping for the best. My first ever foundation was from Covergirl, a brand I don't typically like, but I actually really enjoyed that foundation, so I had high hope. Covergirl&Olay claims that they "combine foundation and hydrating serum to cover fine lines and wrinkle and help hydrate to improve skin tone over time." This foundation is also said to "instantly cover discoloration and age spots." I don't believe that the Tone Rehab foundation contains SPF. Covergirl offers fourteen shades, I have the third lightest shade, Creamy Natural (120), which is definitely not my shade. This is one of the most expensive foundations on the drugstore level, selling for between $12-16, for 30ml (1 fl oz). I was sent this foundation by Free Beauty Events. Unfortunately, both Covergirl and Olay test on animals. This foundation was made in America.
Packaging for Covergirl&Olay's Tone Rehab foundation is nice. Mot of the bottle is clear, offering a peek at the swirling of foundation and serum. The product name and both logos are written in purple lettering. The shade name and number are also easy to locate on the front of the bottle. The back of the plastic bottle features a product description in multiple languages and a full ingredient list. Remove the translucent purple cap, and you'll find something rare int he world of drugstore foundations, a pump! That's useful. The pump doesn't clog, though it does leak a little bit of product from time to time.
This foundation is kinda thick, I'd call it more of a cream foundation than a liquid. I assume that the foundation and serum are mixed together in the pumping process. Tone Rehab gives medium coverage, but it could be sheered out or built up, depending on your preference and application method. I apply this foundation with my Avon Precision Grip Blender. Tone Rehab's finish is pretty natural, and it feels quite comfortable on the skin, I never feel like I'm wearing foundation with this one. Covergirl&Olay's foundation is best suited to evening out the complexion; it doesn't entirely cover redness but it diffuses any discoloration. This foundation isn't good for covering blemishes, a concealer is definitely a must if you have problematic skin. I can't speak for whether or not this foundation actually masks fine lines. As for the claim that it will even out your skin tone over time? I cannot vouch for that claim, I've only been wearing this foundation on and off for about three weeks, but I have my doubts about any anti-aging benefits offered by makeup products. Covergirl&Olay's Tone Rehab wears really well. I can get all day wear from it, even when I wear it to work. Thus creamy foundation doesn't play nice with powder products, it seems to absorb them and cakes up instantly. As you can imagine, the Simply Ageless Cream Blush works great in conjunction.
Creamy Natural is no where near my skin tone. I can't really blame anyone for that, I got the shade that was being sent out to everyone. I only where this foundation around the house for testing purposes, or to work where I'm surrounded by men who won't judge me for wearing foundation three shades too dark. I think the lightest shade, Ivory, could work for me. Creamy Natural has a very peachy undertone that kinda makes me look ill. In some lights it looks like this shade could work for me, but for the most part it makes me look a little jaundiced, but wearing the wrong shade can do that to you.
Covergirl&Olay's Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation is good, but not great..definitely not $14 great. Coverage and finish are nice, as long as you don't apply a powder over it. I don't believe any of the beneficial claims, but I'm always skeptical. This foundation is prone to caking and isn't suited to oily skin. Covergirl&Olay's foundation would be best for slightly dry to normal skin, as well as aging skin.I like a lot of stuff about Tone Rehab, but I wouldn't buy it again, its very overpriced, and there are better foundations out there for half the price. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with the rest of this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

To me the important requirement a fdn. does for me is colour matching, I am NC 30-35, I picked medium beige thinking that this maybe a little darker for my winter skintone. Pump, jar, bottle, fragrance is the least I concerned about.
So wrong !! this is about NC 20-25. I never did find any Cover Girl fdn. that matches my neutral/warm me, and this is no exception. However, I find this is very close to those SE Asia BB cream (which I am not fond of either b/c of the grey/whitish cast). But this may work for those who have normal/dry skin with pore issue. Forget the serum gibbo-gabbo either, I still need to saturate my winter skin with moisturier before putting this on.
The reason I picked this up was a display right next to the Outlast Fdn. (which also sucks in colour selection) and so I picked this up, mostly likely I have to get a tan shade to mix in order for colour matching.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by bluebirdie_ca

The acne treatment from my dermatologist is making my skin peel. No amount of cream and serum helps my usual foundation. So I purchased this in place of my usual foundation for oily skin. My skin likes it because after cleansing off the makeup, my face does not feel so dehydrated. It last a whole day on my cheek and forehead. It lasted about 3 hours on my oily t-zone which is not bad for this kind of foundation. For quality along, I would have given this a 5.

However, the poor shade selection knock it down to a 3. The shade I purchase is Ivory. It's the lightest shade with pink undertone which peek through the light powder I dusted over it. My face looks like a pink mask above my pale neck. The next shade is way too dark for me. I have had some luck using lighter shades from some department store brands and drugstore brands. As we get older, we don't spend so much time in the sun. And we tend to have a bit more discoloration which may be intensified by pink toned makeup. That's why many of us boomers are switching from a pink toned makeup to neutral/yellow toned makeup as we get older. These companies make these lighter neutral shade because there's a market for it. I think the shade has always been the reason why cover girl was only favored by youngsters. This foundation is apparently attempting to target a wider age group. Yet its shade range does not include a light neutral or light yellow/golden. If Cover Girl can add a few more light neutral or light yellow toned shades, then this foundation would definitely get a higher rating.