December 19, 2014 | 1591 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Margie23a

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a fan of the CG Simply Ageless foundation and just had to try this one because I liked the fact that it was in a pump (YAY!) and have never been a fan of the CG Simply Ageless packaging. The cover on this is pretty light, but it goes on smooth and blends well. It just evens out my skin tone and does not settle in to fine lines (like the CG Simply Ageless can if applied too thick.) I set this with my L'Oreal True Match Powder and was good to go for the day. It did not really last all day long, but at the end of the day I look a heck of a lot better than being bare faced and I really just wanted a nice every day foundation. I will probably rotate this with the CG Simply Ageless which I love, but do have to use it sparingly. Color wise, I am a 220 in the Simply Ageless and in this I am a Creamy Natural. I am fair skinned with freckles, and foundations can look to dark or chalky on me so finding the right color is usually a bit of a challenge at first.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product on a whim because I had never seen it before, was browsing cosmetics trying to remember what it was I needed (it wasn't foundation but what the heck) and it was raining so I wasn't in any hurry to make that mad dash for the car. Pretty much all I can think of to say about it is "meh." It's ok, I found the coverage to be very, very sheer so I ended up layering another foundation over it. The pump is great, the scent is lovely, coverage seems to last all day, didn't break me out and being such a sheer coverage, it's pretty easy to guess at your color, I got it right the first try. Don't believe any of the hype, it's just a plain, no nonsense light foundation. If you need to cover discoloration, red spots, freckles, etc, look elsewhere. My skin is getting dry and this foundation felt nice and emollient. For someone with perfect skin, I recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by avablue14a

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this while shopping at my local Target. I've never been a big CG fan for their mascara and shadow but tried this since this is combined with Olay; I tried it and glad I did. I'd say this is medium coverage. I bought the Medium Beige and the color match is great. I have to apply translucent powder by the middle of the workday but other that, the coverage is medium and does its job for most of the day. For a drugstore brand it's in the $12 range, which is pricey but better than spending double or even triple that for other brands with the same coverage. I'd buy again. See my review for the CG Outlast Stay Fabulous.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by GaPeachy

Really liked this at first, but have been wearing about a week now and it starts to feel tight on my dry skin after a few hours. That's after wearing moisturizer under it also. The scent doesn't fade either and it's a little too strong. The finish is nice, but maybe oxidizes a bit. I got the golden tan shade and it does look a little orange.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by HausOfMusic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is an amazing foundation! It's impressive that you get this for such a low price! It stays all day long and as the day go on, instead of making my face look oily and gross, it makes it look dewy and healthy. The only negative thing is that (at least the color I chose) makes me look orange.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by amygregor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in 105 Ivory after reading positive reviews from fair-skinned people on drugstore.com. I should have learned my lesson about drugstore foundations for very fair skin. And I should have learned my lesson about picking out makeup online. But this was a $14 mistake. It seems expensive for a drugstore foundation, but if you're not fair, it might work for you. I do like the packaging. It's in an airless pump thing. I like the texture much better than the L'Oreal True Match, but Ivory is pretty dark, even for a drugstore foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by amy212

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Let me first say that I bought this foundation on a whim. It was new, BOBO and I in general really like Cover girl foundations. I barely tested this product when I got home, it seemed nice as I tossed it in my makeup draw not to be seen for a few months.

I typically was using a cream foundation by Maybelline, it has great finish, but was a tad to orange and dark, just enough to have to skimp on coverage as to not look off in color, plus I found it transparent over spots in certain light.

I then began using Revlon Colorstay for dry skin as I also thought the Maybelline may be transferring off my face, another reason it lacked coverage towards the afternoon.

Revlon Colorstay makes me look like I am wearing natural looking makeup, but still with makeup on. Not an issue in a professional setting, but as a mom picking up from preschool, most other moms don't need to wear foundation as I do to cover spots and I felt made-up, however nice and natural the look was. This foundation is also labor intensive, dries very fast and stains my sponge and brushes to the point that properly washing them is a real process.

I was not truly happy with Colorstay on the days that full coverage was not needed, so based on the reviews I dug out Olay Tone Rehab out and gave it a try.

This is a excellent foundation as it gives coverage without fading and very little, much less than a full pump is needed to cover my face. The color, Classic Ivory is very nice for my pale warm skin, leaving it like I have less imperfections yet without a made-up look. I also do not see issues with fading or transferring over time.

In all fairness, my skin has gotten much better recently so my need for foundation is minimal, but this makes a lovely "real skin" product that I will continue to buy as the application is simple, leaving me with just enough coverage to feel confident without looking like I have makeup on my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by SarahAshleyH

I love the texture of this product. It was so nice to put on and it looked great at first but as the day went on I started to break out really bad. This product is just not for me unfortunately. I would not recommend this to anyone with sensitive or acne prone skin as it might make things worse instead of better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by matt44bek

I quite like this. I got it fairly cheap on sale for $10 aus (normaly around the $22 mark) Unfortunately the colors are so limited out here in Austalia that the shade i did pick up 142 med beige will be more suited to my winter skin tone. I am a NW30 so i hunted around on ebay for a better shade option and came up with soft honey 155. I took a punt and bought it and it suits my slightly tanned summer skin tone quite well. A tiny touch too orange but not the worst. I tone it down a bit with my Ben Nye banana powder and its great. Texture is nice , a bit moussey but not so heavy as Maybelline dream mousse which i used for ages until i just found it too mask like on my face. I would buy it again, but not at the $22 price mark. $10 - $15 is a good fair price for this makeup. Great pump packaging too !
EDIT *** upgraded to 5 starts .. actually really loving this foundation. Went back and bought some more colours (colours in Australia are so limited that I've had to blend 2 different ones) I had already previously purchased Medium Beige so I got the darkest one out here Golden Tan and mixed the two and this gives a great yellow toned colour that matches my tanned NW30 complexion perfectly ! woo hoo !! And I got them for $10 a pop so that's a bonus ! I've been using this all week and find that it gives great coverage but still lets my skin thru.. I guess what im saying is its not like a 'mask' ! Try this one out girls !!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by realmakeovers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a few sun spots & my skin is dry. However for my age, I do not have any wrinkles. :) I love that the bottle is a pump for hygienic reasons. This foundation goes on pretty smoothly. I am very fair skinned so, I wear the color Ivory. I do have a suggestion. I would have given 5 stars if the coverage was just a bit heavier. Overall, for a drugstore brand...this is not bad at all. I would purchase again. Thank you, Covergirl!!