April 20, 2014 | 1683 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by matt44bek

I quite like this. I got it fairly cheap on sale for $10 aus (normaly around the $22 mark) Unfortunately the colors are so limited out here in Austalia that the shade i did pick up 142 med beige will be more suited to my winter skin tone. I am a NW30 so i hunted around on ebay for a better shade option and came up with soft honey 155. I took a punt and bought it and it suits my slightly tanned summer skin tone quite well. A tiny touch too orange but not the worst. I tone it down a bit with my Ben Nye banana powder and its great. Texture is nice , a bit moussey but not so heavy as Maybelline dream mousse which i used for ages until i just found it too mask like on my face. I would buy it again, but not at the $22 price mark. $10 - $15 is a good fair price for this makeup. Great pump packaging too !
EDIT *** upgraded to 5 starts .. actually really loving this foundation. Went back and bought some more colours (colours in Australia are so limited that I've had to blend 2 different ones) I had already previously purchased Medium Beige so I got the darkest one out here Golden Tan and mixed the two and this gives a great yellow toned colour that matches my tanned NW30 complexion perfectly ! woo hoo !! And I got them for $10 a pop so that's a bonus ! I've been using this all week and find that it gives great coverage but still lets my skin thru.. I guess what im saying is its not like a 'mask' ! Try this one out girls !!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by realmakeovers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a few sun spots & my skin is dry. However for my age, I do not have any wrinkles. :) I love that the bottle is a pump for hygienic reasons. This foundation goes on pretty smoothly. I am very fair skinned so, I wear the color Ivory. I do have a suggestion. I would have given 5 stars if the coverage was just a bit heavier. Overall, for a drugstore brand...this is not bad at all. I would purchase again. Thank you, Covergirl!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFanNow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am Mac NC20 and Buff Beige matched me very well. I thought I would try one other drugstore foundation after my bad experience with Revlon's Colorstay whipped foundation.

Unfortunately, as soon as I put this on my face I had the same adverse reaction as with the Whipped Colorstay, it started to feel really dry and itchy. I had terrible flaking and dry patches on my forehead, my temples and on my cheeks. I broke out horribly by my eyebrows and around my mouth and chin.

I loved the texture and the color. It's just unfortunate I had such a bad reaction.

After this experience with this and Revlon's ColorStay Whipped foundation, I have to stay with the HE foundations, none of the more expensive brands (Shiseido, Clinique, MAC, etc) ever made my skin react like this.

I thought I could save some money, but with all the measures I've had to take to fix my face after this second bad reaction, it was not worth the "savings." I won't ever by drugstore foundation ever again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Covergirl&Olay teamed up last year to create a line of anti-aging makeup infused with Olay serum. I had mixed feeling about the Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush, but I'm back with another Covergirl&Olay product, hoping for the best. My first ever foundation was from Covergirl, a brand I don't typically like, but I actually really enjoyed that foundation, so I had high hope. Covergirl&Olay claims that they "combine foundation and hydrating serum to cover fine lines and wrinkle and help hydrate to improve skin tone over time." This foundation is also said to "instantly cover discoloration and age spots." I don't believe that the Tone Rehab foundation contains SPF. Covergirl offers fourteen shades, I have the third lightest shade, Creamy Natural (120), which is definitely not my shade. This is one of the most expensive foundations on the drugstore level, selling for between $12-16, for 30ml (1 fl oz). I was sent this foundation by Free Beauty Events. Unfortunately, both Covergirl and Olay test on animals. This foundation was made in America.
Packaging for Covergirl&Olay's Tone Rehab foundation is nice. Mot of the bottle is clear, offering a peek at the swirling of foundation and serum. The product name and both logos are written in purple lettering. The shade name and number are also easy to locate on the front of the bottle. The back of the plastic bottle features a product description in multiple languages and a full ingredient list. Remove the translucent purple cap, and you'll find something rare int he world of drugstore foundations, a pump! That's useful. The pump doesn't clog, though it does leak a little bit of product from time to time.
This foundation is kinda thick, I'd call it more of a cream foundation than a liquid. I assume that the foundation and serum are mixed together in the pumping process. Tone Rehab gives medium coverage, but it could be sheered out or built up, depending on your preference and application method. I apply this foundation with my Avon Precision Grip Blender. Tone Rehab's finish is pretty natural, and it feels quite comfortable on the skin, I never feel like I'm wearing foundation with this one. Covergirl&Olay's foundation is best suited to evening out the complexion; it doesn't entirely cover redness but it diffuses any discoloration. This foundation isn't good for covering blemishes, a concealer is definitely a must if you have problematic skin. I can't speak for whether or not this foundation actually masks fine lines. As for the claim that it will even out your skin tone over time? I cannot vouch for that claim, I've only been wearing this foundation on and off for about three weeks, but I have my doubts about any anti-aging benefits offered by makeup products. Covergirl&Olay's Tone Rehab wears really well. I can get all day wear from it, even when I wear it to work. Thus creamy foundation doesn't play nice with powder products, it seems to absorb them and cakes up instantly. As you can imagine, the Simply Ageless Cream Blush works great in conjunction.
Creamy Natural is no where near my skin tone. I can't really blame anyone for that, I got the shade that was being sent out to everyone. I only where this foundation around the house for testing purposes, or to work where I'm surrounded by men who won't judge me for wearing foundation three shades too dark. I think the lightest shade, Ivory, could work for me. Creamy Natural has a very peachy undertone that kinda makes me look ill. In some lights it looks like this shade could work for me, but for the most part it makes me look a little jaundiced, but wearing the wrong shade can do that to you.
Covergirl&Olay's Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation is good, but not great..definitely not $14 great. Coverage and finish are nice, as long as you don't apply a powder over it. I don't believe any of the beneficial claims, but I'm always skeptical. This foundation is prone to caking and isn't suited to oily skin. Covergirl&Olay's foundation would be best for slightly dry to normal skin, as well as aging skin.I like a lot of stuff about Tone Rehab, but I wouldn't buy it again, its very overpriced, and there are better foundations out there for half the price. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with the rest of this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

To me the important requirement a fdn. does for me is colour matching, I am NC 30-35, I picked medium beige thinking that this maybe a little darker for my winter skintone. Pump, jar, bottle, fragrance is the least I concerned about.
So wrong !! this is about NC 20-25. I never did find any Cover Girl fdn. that matches my neutral/warm me, and this is no exception. However, I find this is very close to those SE Asia BB cream (which I am not fond of either b/c of the grey/whitish cast). But this may work for those who have normal/dry skin with pore issue. Forget the serum gibbo-gabbo either, I still need to saturate my winter skin with moisturier before putting this on.
The reason I picked this up was a display right next to the Outlast Fdn. (which also sucks in colour selection) and so I picked this up, mostly likely I have to get a tan shade to mix in order for colour matching.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by bluebirdie_ca

The acne treatment from my dermatologist is making my skin peel. No amount of cream and serum helps my usual foundation. So I purchased this in place of my usual foundation for oily skin. My skin likes it because after cleansing off the makeup, my face does not feel so dehydrated. It last a whole day on my cheek and forehead. It lasted about 3 hours on my oily t-zone which is not bad for this kind of foundation. For quality along, I would have given this a 5.

However, the poor shade selection knock it down to a 3. The shade I purchase is Ivory. It's the lightest shade with pink undertone which peek through the light powder I dusted over it. My face looks like a pink mask above my pale neck. The next shade is way too dark for me. I have had some luck using lighter shades from some department store brands and drugstore brands. As we get older, we don't spend so much time in the sun. And we tend to have a bit more discoloration which may be intensified by pink toned makeup. That's why many of us boomers are switching from a pink toned makeup to neutral/yellow toned makeup as we get older. These companies make these lighter neutral shade because there's a market for it. I think the shade has always been the reason why cover girl was only favored by youngsters. This foundation is apparently attempting to target a wider age group. Yet its shade range does not include a light neutral or light yellow/golden. If Cover Girl can add a few more light neutral or light yellow toned shades, then this foundation would definitely get a higher rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to post a totally new review of this product because I like it so much. This is the best product of its kind out there (the one with the purple cap, like the pic; not the new one). I sometimes use it around the house, w/o any powder, or anything. Just like a treatment. Since I'm oily, it eventually does get shiny, but NOTHING like other tinted moisturizers (even HE). In fact, I'm surprised at how long it keeps looking satiny on my oily skin w/o looking greasy (ew). It has more coverage than any TM I tried, l/e or h/e, (indeed, even more than some foundations) and it really makes my skin look softer. When I want more coverage I just put some powder on it. It's a good light-medium coverage, even for a full-coverage fiend like me. I got this in Buff Beige and it's a 99% perfect match. And so far, it has not broken me out (knock on wood). Just comes to prove you don't have to mortgage the house to get a good product.

To all the ladies who have oily skin, and prefer a tinted moisturizer over fdt., but don't want to give up decent coverage, forget BB creams - unless you're desperate not to be left out of the trend. You'll be much better served by this humble d/s product, and at a much lower price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, this is officially my top favorite drugstore foundation (second is Revlon's DNA Advantage, also for the peptides and coverage). The reason Cover Girl's Tone Rehab Foundation is number one is because the coverage is a little better than the Revlon foundation, although they are extremely similar in feel and ingredients, such as peptides.

Tone Rehab really is amazing as far as medium to full coverage is concerned. when applied for full coverage this foundation is just as incredible as many high-end foundations, such as MAC Studio Sculpt (my favorite department store foundation, followed by Urban Decay Naked Skin). Tone Rehab covers everything I can think of: pimples, old acne scars, dark circles, blemishes, redness...
plus, it stays put for hours and hours. My shade, Classic Ivory 110, matches my very pale, fair, slightly yellow-toned complexion wonderfully. My skin actually glows a little when I wear this foundation. The feel is velvety and silky smooth, and the consistency is fantastic, holding up in all weather and temperatures and climates. Over time, the ingredients like peptides, glucosamine, niacinamide, and green tea actually do smooth and soften and brighten my thirtysomething skin..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by PerfumeMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this at Walmart for under $13. While it's true that prices have gone up on all mass market lines, it's also true that high-end foundations are unaffordable for most women. I have tried both high and low end and find that I prefer to have one or two *good* foundations, i.e., MAC or something comparable and lots of others that I can try and experiment with. Some of my greatest finds have been in drug stores lately, so much that I only go to MAC for certain things now.

LOL... back to the review. I got this in Nude Beige and the color is perfect! The packaging is decent, with a pump. You don't need a lot of product to cover your face but it did seem like it needs to be blended quickly because it dries fast. At least, it did on me. As far as the tone rehab piece goes, I will see about that lol then update the review.

The really good part: no irritation! The smell was pleasant enough and like other reviewers said, it fades after the product is on your skin. Honestly I don't see the point of it being scented, IMO fragrance-free is the way to go.

If you are on the fence about trying this, go ahead and give it a try! Most retailers have very forgiving return policies. And the color selection is really good, so much so that it is hard to decide because many look so similar.

CG really stepped up their game IMO with the Olay partnership. These are top quality products at affordable prices.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by yezz07

I bought this foundation a few weeks because of it's smooth texture. Some areas (cheeks, nose and forehead) of my face get really dry during the winter (-20 to 30 degrees) and my other three foundations make my skin look very flaky. Even thought I use a moisturizer for dry skin and primer my face looked flaky. But with this foundation my skin does not look flaky. So far it covers most of my acne scars. I will continue to use this foundation until I find a better option for my dry skin.

Pros:
- Texture
- Package
- Blends Well (I use fingers/brush)
- Dries fast

Cons:
- Perfume smell but does not last long