November 28, 2014 | 1733 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

Just bought this yesterday. Love it! I use it with my ELF powder brush and it gives beautiful natural flawless skin. The sparkles are a bit much. I don't mind them on my face, but it does get all over my hands if I touch my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by ShakinItShelly

After skimming all these poorly rated reviews, I find myself quite puzzled. I have bought this product 3 times and I get the most incredible compliments on my glowing and flawless skin with this foundation on. I will say that I do set it with my MAC pressed powder in my shade but that's what the beauty of it is. It helps mattify what appears to look "oily" and looks beautiful all day. My ONLY concern is that it is NOT waterproof, which unfortunately drives me insane. Let's say you decide to brush your teeth after you do your makeup, take a big gulp of water and dribbles down your chin, or get sprinkled on from a little rain? The foundation turns about 3+ shades lighter and will wipe/dab right off. Why wouldn't they make it water resistant is beyond my understanding. It makes it awfully difficult for people who live in insatiably hot weather to rock this foundation. I would continue to buy this product time and time again but I'm now currently searching for a foundation just as beautiful but water resistant.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by VelvetDoll

Not happy with this product. The coverage is very transparent like putting on a tinted moisturizer. The pump i guess you would call it either gives you way to much or not enough. The product oxidizes to a orange color about 5 minutes after putting it on. Its difficult to blend into the skin and very very oily looking. It wears off quickly. I don't know about others but this product was horrible for me! If you do get this product a good primer is recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by ajb426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This foundation gives light to medium coverage with a nice, natural finish (from the sparkles which you can see in a swatch ... but the sparkle doesn't translate to your face). It smells kind of bad, though; the pump isn't very good... you can either get a drop or way more than you wanted; and ... it contains propane. Ew. Also, but maybe this was just me as I used to wear this for colorguard performances (generally in heat/sweat), it comes off if you rub your face or scratch it by accident.
I didn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by jiliannem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive fair skin and Revlon is one of the few make-up brands that doesn't cause my skin to break-out. I've been a fan of "no-make-up make-up". It's simple and makes you look fresh! Moving on, I still have this product that I bought a year ago. Its coverage is nice just make sure to use brush or sponge as it gets a bit messy. Also, allow it to dry a little before you put powder because in my experience, it is kinda difficult to apply the powder evenly 'cause this product tend to be a little sticky when newly applied. It's tolerable though and after drying, it's leaves you nice coverage and yet it feels light! I don't recommend using this on a sunny day. For those who are very particular in smell, please do use the tester first 'cause it has a distinct smell. Can't tell if its bad 'cause I can tolerate but not when I'm hungry! :) just to summarize, this product is okay but I won't buy another bottle. I still prefer their ColorStay Mineral Mousse Foundation - gives you matte finish, good coverage if you have pimples/blemishes, comes in tube. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Amerah

I never go for drugstore foundations because I can never find the perfect one! But this happens to be really nice! I have normal/combination skin and I don't like dewy finishes, this gives that but I just put the photoready pressed powder on top and it's AMAZING!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by irischrysanta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Very sheer when applied with your fingers. Consistency is a little runny. It's got very minute shimmers that doesn't bother me much since it's responsible for the foundation's photochromatic effect. I usually mix this with a darker shade liquid concealer 'cause I got myself the wrong shade and to thicken it's coverage. I find that it works well to apply it with a liquid foundation brush. This looks amazing in photos and has a dewy finish. Very affordable. I have oily skin so I top it off with mattifying powder to make it stay put. Stays on my face for 6 hours max then visible fading on my jawline and t-zone are observed. Stays on less during hot, humid weather. I find it hard to control how much comes out of the can with the dispenser. I broke the dispenser over time. (Boo!) Overall, i actually liked it. I recommend it to those who'd want to start using liquid foundations and new to makeup like me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Carissamartinez

I have this foundation right now. I'm not a fan! It doesn't last all day and leaves a glittery finish to your face, I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly don't understand all of the negative reviews here. As a bb cream/foundation obsessed, I have been looking for the perfect product and I have to say I love this stuff! This is the closest you will get to the "your skin but better" look. If you are noticing creasing or the color slipping off during the day, then you probably either are in need of a better setting powder, or you bought the wrong shade (most likely too dark). NC-20 is comparable to shade 3, NC-25 Shade 4. It was over 100 degrees here today and it still lasted all day for me and I even fell asleep with it on and it didn't diminish. My boyfriend even complimented me on how nice my skin looked, we didn't see any ugly sparkles even in sunlight. I've been using the Photoready foundations among others for a long time now and no one ever told me I had a glittery face... I do love how glowwy this stuff is because it still allows my skin to look natural and glow under setting powder. It is natural looking enough that you still look made up nicely, but not so natural that it can only be worn to the gym like bb creams. It also is pigmented enough to use with concealer. The whole photoready line is just phenomenal but I prefer this to the Photoready BB cream on every level. It truly does give an airbrushed makeup look, amazing stuff---I would say this stuff is HG status and I may stock up on it just in case it gets discontinued. Just search google images for this stuff and you'll see that everyone looks amazing with it.

Pros:
True "Airbrushed" finished look
Your skin but better
Light weight, (doesn't feel like you're wearing makeup)
Gives a glow to the skin
Long lasting in heat/long day
Non-sticky!!
Non-itchy feeling
Dries instantly
Can wear with concealer and full eye makeup like normal foundations

Cons:
A little difficult to layer
Needs to be used with a setting powder and concealer
Should be used with primer/good moisturizer
No spf

This is WELL WORTH the cost, one of the best foundations out there even compared to high end brands. Finally a foundation that reflects the technology we should have available at this day and age-- Thank you innovative angels at Revlon for making this stuff!!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

AS reference I have naturally nc25 skin tone, but since it's getting warmer here in California I use a self tanner that is relatively 3-5 shades darker than my natural skin tone. after self tanner I am an nc35 and I already read the Negative reviews before making this purchase but I have not been let down by Revlon in the past so I thought I would try this since everyone's experience is different.. I bought it in the 3rd to last shade MEDIUM BEIGE.. Color range was off, it looked orangey but I did manage to blend it into my skin, the consistency of the product came out light, I used a lime sized amount which was WAY too generous, they aren't kidding when they say you only need a nickel sized amt of this stuff!! anyway. I moisturize daily and my skin isn't flaky. BUT so I thought!! this stuck to ALL MY DRY patches!!! and when i tried to touch that dry spot as an attempt to diminish the look.. it rolled off my face.. weird b/c I have OILY skin with moderate acne. NEVER AGAIN. after one 9 hours use.. it is going back, It made me shiny, but not the worst I've seen. I did have to blot, that is with all my foundations. I havent found my HG! I also have moderate acne scarring that isn't too dark but it's there and I need the coverage, as for coverage this is medium.