Maybelline Master Shape

2.6

Personally, I felt like this was an okay product. I have dark brows and needed a brow liner for a show I was doing, so it actually came out really well and matched nicely. I think it stayed on pretty well, and looked very good on my brows. It is a more waxy pencil, and if you have long brow hairs or thick brows, then it will not get through really well- just draw on the hairs. However, after a while of trying to get the hang of it, I felt like the pencil worked pretty well, and I was impressed with the color and staying power. However, one huge con completely ruined this product for me: sharpening. It is IMPOSSIBLE to sharpen this pencil! Like everyone else here, I thought it was either a twist-up product or something that is easy to sharpen, like most pencil liners. I was sooooo wrong. The packaging is made of some weird plastic that would not sharpen; and when it did, it always broke the actual insert of product. What a pain! The spoolie at the end of the pencil was kind of helpful, but it didn't do much for me. So, unfortunately, although this was a good brow product for a good price ($9 or so, I think), I will not repurchase because it is just impossible to sharpen.

on 5/29/2013 6:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

What the hell is with sharpening this bloody thing? I had to use the exacto knife out of the toolbox!! Dammit I wouldn't have bothered if I didn't like it! So, A for product, downgraded to F for the hour spent rummaging in the basement for the toolbox, and the 30 minutes hacking pieces off the end...

on 5/16/2013 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for a few days, and so far it's perfect. But then my eyebrows aren't like everyone's. I have naturally full, dark brows that do not need any product... however I wanted something to just fill over them a little bit, give me a little more polished look. This does very well for that purpose. I can't say for women who have much thinner brows. I like the waxy consistency, and it stays in place all day long (for me). Color selection was pretty simple for me as well, having very dark eyebrows, I went with Black Brown color and it works great.

I took off a lippie because I haven't had to sharpen yet, but I know when I get to that point I'm going to have a problem with this. Disapponting... wish it came with a sharpener.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

At first I loved this product, the waxy consistency worked well with my brows and the color was a good match (I got the darkest shade, which doesn't have and red undertones). The problem with the waxy consistency is that the product runs down and flat very quickly, leading to the next problem of sharpening it. It was difficult to sharpen this pencil, I like everyone else thought it was a twist up before buying. Also, about halfway through the product became dried out and whenever id sharpen it the tips would break off and fall out. I was happy when I was finished with this product.

on 5/12/2013 6:36:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I agree with everyone on the aggravation of sharpening this pencil. I did manage to successfully sharpen it with a metal sharpener. (Plastic would not work.)
I like the spoolie at the other end and also the texture was okay for me.
So why don't I like it overall? The color: I bought blonde, lightest shade, and it is more like a brown hue.

on 4/24/2013 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Product is terrible! The wax dries and rips out your natural eyebrows when you try to take it off with makeup remover wipes. The worst eyebrow pencil ever!

on 4/23/2013 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The spoolie on the end is genius. The pencil is just too soft and waxy to use as a pencil so I use it as a wax. Once my brows are done I use just a bit of this to hold them in place. It's really not useful for much else but every brow pencil should come with a spoolie. I will not repurchase.

on 4/19/2013 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with this. I love the pencil, but hate the packaging. It's hard as hell to sharpen. I had to google how to sharpen the darn thing. Good product, bad packaging.

on 4/17/2013 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Good grief, what were they thinking when they designed this? I was hoping to use this to carry in my bag for brow touch-ups at work ( my main brow product is MAC's Concrete eyeshadow) . It's a plastic pencil that seems like it should twist up, but it doesn't. Yes, it can be sharpened, but not very well, and without a fine tip, you can't stroke fine lines of color for creating a natural brow. The formula is waxy yet pigmented, and reasonably long wearing, and the color range isn't too bad, but again, that stumpy tip botches the works. At the very least, this should have come with a custom sharpener, since I'm not going to needlessly wear out my MAC sharpener on sharpening plastic. Plastic!

My elderly mother bought this for me because she knows I like to try new products (and bless her she still thinks I'm 14). Maybelline, you made my mom waste her money- shame on you!

on 4/7/2013 10:57:00 PM

I decided to purchase this after using eye shadow as a substitute and not liking how it looked. This is an overall so-so product. It effectively fills in my eyebrows, but it doesn't seem ideal for shaping--it lacks the precision and sharpness that I would prefer. Also, it is plastic so I don't see how I can go about sharpening this. When I use this up, I am definitely going to purchase something else.

Popular Brows Products