Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

4.4

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I simply love this product. I love the color and the fact that it can be layered from sheer wash to intense opaque bronze. I had no issue with longevity and I did not apply this over a primer. In fact, I intentionally applied this over my SS and then my foundation. That said, after at least 6+ hours running errands in warm weather I had no creasing issues.
My only gripe is I apply this with my finger tip and I have long nails. Therefore, removing this successfully from the small glass jar was challenging. Also, I used a gel liner brush to line my lower lid and found layering this using that method wasn't easy.
For reference this bronze is exceedingly flattering if you have blue eyes. I intend to wear this for an upcoming wedding with TF True Coral lipstick.
I still love this and will try other colors from the line. For the low price this purchase is a wonderful find.
UPDATE: Looks stunning at the 9/19 wedding. After 7 hours no creasing, melting or shadow fall out. I think I could have swam in this and it would manage to look great.

First i'd like to say that I have two of these shadows in different colors. The first one I bought I loved! So I got this shade because of all the great reviews. I do really like it and plan on buying more colors but I found this one didn't last as long on me. The first color I bought (taupe something) was a bit more matte and drier. This color was creamier which I thought would be better but it was so creamy it melted on me by the end of the day. I still really like it and will continue to use but I wish all the colors had a consistent consistency.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have got to be the only girl who didn't like this product, and I really wanted to! They are cheap, nice colours (in the packaging), good to travel with, compact, and cute. I've heard numerous people rave about them so I decided to pick up a champagne and dark bronze shade. The colour went on nice and everything when I put them on, but after about an hour or so it just was awful. It looked like I had a 3 year old do my eye makeup. It did not stay in place, the colour faded and blended in together, all that was really noticeable was excessive amounts of glitter, it just was a nightmare, and I used primer underneath it! I've never had any eyeshadow do that to me before I tried this. Thankfully, it was cheap so it wasn't an expensive miss, but a miss it was. Would not repurchase, touch again, or recommend.

Absolutely beautiful product! It's very pigmented, stays on and doesn't crease or move all day and the colour is GORGEOUS! It has a creamy texture but goes on easily with my fingers or an eyeshadow brush. It's great value for money. Definitely the best drugstore eye shadow I have ever use. It wasn't overly difficult to remove at the end of the day but lasted extremely well throughout the day.

I love these eyeshadow tattoos. On me they do not budge and I tend to have issues with eyeshadows fading throughout the day. This colour is beautiful but I feel like it would suit many different skin tones. It can be made appropriate for both day and night. They are so easy to apply, I haven't had issues with it drying out. Sometimes it seems dry, but just leave your finger tip on the product for a couple of seconds and it's back to normal. Great to put all over the lid and blend out with a transition shade in the crease!!

Oh these Maybelline Color Tattoos!! I have such a love/hate relationship with these, and this color is no exception.

The color is nice, there is no denying that. I think almost any skin tone can wear this. Super-versatile in that regard. Goes with just about everything.

But the performance..ugh..
This is okay if I am just running errands or going out to lunch or coffee with friends but I find this wears off in a couple of hours, and at best it creases horribly on me (depending on the day and the humidity, we tend to have a lot of humidity where I live). I have even used different eye primers with this, and just as bad results. After a couple of hours I usually have just a very faint trace, sometimes in my inner corner, sometimes in the middle of my lid (both eyes always wear off unevenly, so that makes it look all the worse).

I will say I have not had any issues with this drying out in the pan itself, like some have.

All in all I would wear this if I know I am only going to be out and about for an hour or so.
Definitely would not wear nor recommend this for all-day or a work day. Just (IME) wears off way too fast and wears unevenly.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is such a brilliant product!!!!! I have normal/dry skin but my eyelids alone get VERY oily and when I wear this product it is not affected. It is very easy to blend and my favourite way to wear this product is either simply all over my lid and blended out into my crease on a lazy day OR I apply this only on the outer corner of my eye and then use a matte brown shade (buck from the naked 1 palette) through my crease and over the color tattoo which looks amazing. This product is easy to blend BUT once this product is dry it does not budge. Literally. I've swatched many of the color tattoo shades in Boots before on my hand and washed my hands throughout the day and the colour is still there. It's crazy! My eyes will always look the same at the end of the day with this product. There is no need for an eyeshadow primer. Although it is a technically just a cream eyeshadow, it does the priming trick.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have no joke about 15 Color Tattoo's and there's a good reason why. I don't believe that these are dupes for MAC paint pots because MAC PP's are more so eye primers and I feel like Maybelline Color Tattoo's are truly cream eyeshadows. These are beautiful alone or paired with other Color Tattoo's and/or other reg eyeshadows. They are very blendable and I feel like this color is gorgeous on tan skin or with blue/green eyes. This is perfect for days you're in a rush or days you simply just don't feel like dealing with 10 diff eyeshadows. These are thick in consistency but once they are applied they are very thin and not heavy at all. It's easy to blend these with other colors in the Color Tattoo line but once they dry they don't budge. No seriously. Tattoo is the perfect description for the longevity of these. I live in Seattle and it is terribly humid and hot and although I don't have oily lids, in the heat my eyeshadow tends to crease. Not with this! I could jump in a pool and this would stay put - it's actually kind of difficult to remove even with a make up wipe. In my opinion these give the beautiful effect of a pigment without all the fallout - it's just not as intense. This color looks very pretty in the sun and I think this color is universally flattering and a good CT to try out for the first time.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am in the minority here, but I just hate this color on me. I feel like it should work and other people with my similar coloring (NC 20/25, dark eyes and hair) seem to love it, but I just don't like it. I think it's too metallic for me, and just I don't know- off somehow. I think I would like it more if it were more taupe or more red toned. I just don't think it's flattering on my. As far as quality of the product, I do find this one to be less smooth and blendable than the other color tattoos I have, but it's not so much less so that it's unworkable. I feel like these also last a long time before they dry up, significantly longer than MAC paint pots. I do have to wear a primer under all the color tattoos, but I think that's because I have super oily eyelids, I think the average person could wear this on its own.

this is amazing ! on lazy days I would apply this on my lid and blend it out on the crease , only takes a few minutes and looks absolutely beautiful . All you need is a few coats of mascara and your look is complete plus it's so affordable !

Video Reviews & Tutorials