July 30, 2014 | 1988 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by niza09

I will start off by saying this is one of my favorite shades of all the Color Tattoos. This is the firat cream eyeshadow I have ever tried and I am glad I did. I have a medium skin tone and I think it works well with it. I usually grab this color on days where I get lazy or I am running late. It looks beautiful and it's very simple to use. The staying power is great as well, lasts all day for sure! I like the consistency of the product and overall, it is a great eyeshadow. I will repurchase and purchasing more from the collection. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

On my NC30 skin tone, it's a pretty bronze-y all over the lid colour that makes it look like I put more effort than I actually did. My eye-shadow skills are lackluster so this is perfect. I've had this product for over a year and neglected it for the past few months. It dried up but I used a cotton pad from Costco and just wiped away the top layer. Yes, it does waste a bit of product but I'd rather do that than to buy another one. There is a little bit of creasing after 8 hours. When I wear it with the Nars pro-prime eye-shadow base, it lasted for over 12 hours. It comes off easily with my Body Shop remover. I'd definitely repurchase, the cheapest I had seen it for is $5 CAD at Walmart.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by dempsterstreet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

On and On Bronze: I love this beautiful foolproof shadow!
The colour is fantastic: a gorgeous toasted shimmery cinnamony, coppery, biscuity bronze...
I heard about it on Vivianna does Makeup, she has cool-toned fair skin and dark hair (and very dark eyebrows) too, even though she's about a hundred years younger than me :-)

Some other reviewers have mentioned it looks greyish on their lids, I don't find that, and am actually happy it doesn't look as pinkish as it does on my hand. On me it's sort of taupeish, in a coppery way, and a tiny bit gothic.
It's very flattering and unspeakably easy to smudge on. With fingers. Even for people who have almost no experience with cream eye shadows.
Staying power is very good too, especially when primed properly!
The metallic effect stays put and looks amazing with oodles of soot-black mascara.
Without a primer I find it a bit thin but it can easily be layered with other neutral shades.
Now, if only they made a pewter grey....

Definitely worth 5 lippies: Cheap, long-wearing, beautiful and easily available.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by frecklesnroses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are 39-year-old eyes I'm workin' with, so y'know, shimmers are scary to me. I cannot remember what caused me to so brazenly purchase this baby, knowing in advance of its shimmery-ness, but I want to thank several-months-ago-me for doing so.
This is less bronze than it is taupe on me... a cool-ish taupe, even... the kind of nice, cool-ish, dimensional taupe that is magical on warm brown eyes like mine. Love this stuff.
I can smudge and smoke away at a black kohl liner with this stuff, and the effect is just gorgeous.
But, more than that, it has become my default look, just about every day, to just fill my lid from lashline into crease with this, just a bit of ivory highlight on the browbone, and lots of black-black mascara on top lashes only. Very pretty.
No wearing away, no flaking, no creasing, hasn't dried out in the pot yet. Watch it be discontinued by the time I need a new one...

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by babezph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love it! this is my go to eyeshadow, a quick swipe if this and I'm out the door. lasts a long time too and doesn't smudge or fade.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by JanaBec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love it! Perfect bronzy color, love how it looks on my eyes. Easy to work with, has a good staying power. This is my first color tattoo, but I'm definitely buying more of these!
Just too bad that the range doesn't have a matt color...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Kluv14

The bad to bronze wast the first color tattoo that I bought and I absolutely love it! The color was amazing and super pigmented and it's consistency is nice. The texture is creamy but not to creamy. And I fell in love with the packaging! I really want to buy it in different shades!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by irf7

Such an amazing drug store find. It's really an amazing item, epecially for the price. It's a nice gold/bronze without the glitter. It can look a bit silvery/purple sometimes (not sure why). This product lasts all day, which is super exciting. It dosn't smudge. After purchasing the bad on bronze colour I went out and bought pomegranate punk. But that colour dosn't really last as long :/ It smudges a lot easiler and takes longer for it to set.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

I love most of Maybelline's color tattoos, this one just didn't work for me. It is a beautiful color when you swatch it, very bronze and metallic. But on my light skin tone, it just looked very dark. It isn't a color I would be able to throw on my eyelid and run out the door. Even when I use a very small amount, it just makes my eyes look dark. I think this would work very well for you if you have medium to dark skin tones. I am very sad that it didn't work for me because it is such a beautiful color with such amazing staying power. I will continue to try to find a way to make it work so that I can use up what I have, but I don't plan to repurchase any time soon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

my favorite. very easy and multidimensional for a cream shadow. great for ultra lazy days since my eyes are hooded and you don't see much lid anyway. please apply with a flat packing brush for best results. doesn't crease. look fab with a matte outer v too.