July 29, 2014 | 2067 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast 24 HR Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by roseroach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Mascaras !! And i like to try different ones!!! This is so far one of my best ones. It give me a big volume and it doesn't clump at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Emspirations

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the Cover Girl Lash Blast 24 hour in Blackest Black. I typically give cosmetics a fair trial period (few weeks-month) of use before a final verdict. I had to get rid of this after one use. Everyone's lashes are different and my lashes did not respond well compared to other mascaras.

Here is the claim from the Cover Girl website: "Bold, intense volume meets the biggest brush EVER from COVERGIRL! Get a blast of lush, volumized lashes that last up to 24hours. For a bold look that will get you noticed around the clock!"

As far as bold, the color is definitely very black. The brush for this mascara is on the larger side and has the rubber bristles that are on the original Lash Blast. Given that I have lashes on the shorter side, I find the large brush deposits mascara on my lids in addition to my lashes-unless applied carefully. This results in extra work to clean up product on the lid while trying not to disturb any eyeshadow already applied.

With regard to the formula, as other reviews mention it does last all day with no problem. Also I do agree with other reviewers that this mascara can hold a curl. it's ability to probably hold such a strong curl is one of the reasons I dislike it so much. It made my lashes very stiff-like I had applied strong hold hairspray. This lash texture bothers me because I feel like my lashes could just break off.

In addition, somehow this formula shrank my lashes and they were an even shorter version of my usual lashes and looked more like spikes than volumized.

While I definitely agree this formula has the lasting power advertised, there are other mascaras that provide more volume with a formula more agreeable for my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by SusanEdwards

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I said yes on buying it because I will use it for now and will buy if I wouldnt find anything better, It holds 24+ hours, in fact it holds maybe 48 hours without clumping or ever falling on your cheeks, but it is really huge pain to remove! you gotta use oil based remover to remove this one. it will hold in a shower! so if you are going to the beach - wear it, it will hold swimming... I am just wondering if it is too strong for me, maybe I dont need mascara to be so aggressive

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by BeautyLoverRN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:

-Holds a curl like no other

-Great dark black color

-Buildable! Voluminous! One coat gives me natural yet volumized lashes, two or more gives me great, voluminous drama.

-Lengthens WITHOUT the weird spidery look that can happen to lash ends sometimes, especially after it dries...

-Lasts FOREVER...doesn't flake AT ALL, but if you're like me and get mascara all over your eyelid when you put it on, you're going to have to use an actual makeup remover (vs. plain water on a q-tip) to clean it off.

Cons:

-Lasting power is great, but impossible to remove...I end up wearing a single application for like three days before I feel like I've finally gotten it all off!

-Short, spiky, fat brush makes it kind of tough to get into the outer corners without painting your eyes, but I still make it work. ;-)

-Am I alone on this, or does this mascara seem to irritate anyone else's eyes like crazy? It may just be the pollen right now, and the fact that I wear contacts, but some other mascaras don't make my eyes burn and itch all day...

In sum, this mascara is truly WONDERFUL; seriously holds a curl for days and looks better than almost every mascara I have. Unfortunately, I can only use this a couple of times a week at most due to it's cement-like lasting power. Definitely recommended for any event where you want your mascara to last through sweat, blood, and tears!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by SouthernBeeNC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I usually tend to steer clear of waterproof mascaras, simply because they've always been very difficult to remove.

I purchased the CoverGirl LashBlast 24-Hour for my wedding because I loved the LashBlast Volume in the past, and the mascara I was currently using, though amazing at volumizing and lengthening, tended to leave terrible raccoon smudges under my eyes after a few hours wear...

Anyway, back to the 24-Hour...

Pros: This mascara like the LashBlast Volume gave me plush, curly, dark lashes that held up nicely through the emotional ceremony and sweaty reception. No flakes, no smudges. Happy Bride.

Cons: After the first use (my wedding), I wasn't terribly thrilled to discover that no matter what I tried (dual eye makeup remover, olive oil, wash cloth & hot water), I was unable to remove it. I hated wearing makeup to bed, and the next morning I had stubborn flakes all over my eyes!

However, I gave it a second chance. I kind of fell in love with it after it held a perfect curl during a 16-hour flight, and left me walking off the plane with a pretty, natural, wide awake look. The love was secured after finding a remover that worked really well for me (Clinique's Take the Day off Balm; It's kind of pricey, but the tub lasts for months). I just let it set for a minute, and it dissolves the mascara so that I'm not tugging at my lashes and eyelids.

Final consensus: Leave it for special occasions or instances where you NEED a heavy-duty mascara. I've warmed up to the formula, but it's not for everyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by rebonjour

Me: Long, brown eyelashes with little natural curl. My eyelashes are of average density. Sensitive eyes.

When I'm on the hunt for a good mascara, I tend to look for a brush that is 'fat' and has dense, long bristles. These mascaras tend to provide more volumizing power, which is necessary for my long-ish eyelashes to avoid making them look spidery. This brush is made of a silicon/plastic-like material with tiny rubber 'bristles'. The tube is rather bulky, and a relatively large amount of mascara is provided inside.

This formula is excellent in terms of remaining clump-free. I can apply multiple coats without worrying about my eyelashes becoming gunky or clumped together. It provides excellent volume and length to the lashes, to the extent of looking like a set of false eyelashes. The colour is a relatively dark black, without appearing overly intense. I was also surprised to see that, even after getting wet, the mascara doesn't clump on the lashes. I didn't find that the product stung or irritated my eyes.

This product, despite drying quickly enough for successive coats, transfers very easily onto the surrounding eyelid. During application, I have consistently found it to smear at least once. If left overnight or for extended periods of wear, the mascara will smudge around the lower lashline.

My only gripe about this particular mascara is how impossible it is to remove. Having tried various oil-free, oil-based, and micellar solutions, I find that absolutely nothing will remove this mascara. As a result, I've had to physically take a hot washcloth to my eyes and 'scrape' the mascara off of my lashes. This resulted in my losing a few eyelashes, and were I to wear this product on a daily basis, I can imagine that the damage it would do to my eyelashes would highly outweigh any of its volumizing, lengthening powers. As much as I want to love and use this mascara on a daily basis, this 24H formula will be reduced to the very depths of my makeup bag for use during sappy movie marathons only.

BOTTOM LINE: An extremely waterproof mascara that will provide a non-waterproof look for days at the beach / extensive time in the water. Provides superb volume and length at a reasonable pricepoint. Not recommended for anything but the most occasional of uses due to the difficulty of its removal.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by frankyt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't remember why I bought this, but I did and this mascara is terrible. First of all, who needs their mascara to last 24 hours? You're supposed to remove it before going to bed, and waterproof, longwear mascaras are always a huge pain to remove and doesn't give much of any length or volume. Buy another one of the Lash Blast mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised at this mascara. I can't believe how well this holds a curl. This gives great separation of lashes, a deep black color, and no clumping at all. I really like this. The only negative I can say is that it is really hard to remove. I end up using a lot of remover and a lot of tugging. I sort of think its worth it for the lash effect though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by tarzina789

This is an amazing mascara if you are having a sad day but don't like waterproof mascara. This lasts better than any waterproof mascara I've tried. It does my claim to be waterproof but I've worn this mascara to weddings, funerals and while watching sad movies and it really stands up to a crying fit! I was extremely impressed!

It is difficult to remove with simple soap and water. I use baby oil. I soak a cotton ball or pad and keep it on my eye for 15 seconds and it comes off pretty easily.

This mascara is more of a wet formula when you first open the tube. The wand is like the regular lash blast. It's a very black formula and builds well on itself. The first time I tested its potential during a wet day I used one coat and it held up perfectly. Then I tried multiple coats and it was still perfect! I really think this is better than any waterproof formula I've tried in the past. Those get dry so quickly I find and that causes them to flake on you.

Overall I'd recommend this mascara if you want something really long lasting, waterproof and smudgeproof. It's the toughest mascara ever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by cepauloar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only had tried the Lash Blast Fusion in "Water Resistant" which I did not like thanks to its inability to hold a curl but I always wanted to see what all the hype around the Lash Blast Waterproof was. However, after reading the reviews about how difficult it was to remove, I never bought it (plus, where I live it is quite expensive for a drugstore mascara). Then this 24h version appeared and some people seemed to think it was not as difficult to remove as the waterproof version so I decided to try it out. You should know that my lashes are sparse, thin, have an average length and stick straight. I expect mascara to hold a curl and that's why I prefer the waterproof versions.

This mascara is good. The packaging does not say it is waterproof but it holds a curl like other waterproof mascaras and you also can not remove it with water. You must use a special waterproof eye makeup remover (try the one by Nivea, the dual phased one that you have to shake, it is the best one I have found so far) or some kind of oil: mineral, olive, almond, etc. If you do it carefully, you should not have any problems removing this mascara (or have lash fall out), in fact it is true: this Lash Blast 24h is easier to remove than some waterproof mascaras.

Besides holding a curl, this mascara provides decent volume and length. The color is fine too. I do not have problems with it smudging or flaking, so far. I do not hate the brush but I do wish the tip was a bit thinner, so it would be easier to work on the corners of the eyes. I have many years of experience applying mascara so I make the brush work.

Overall, it is a good mascara but I am not impressed. It gives me slightly better results than Maybelline's Great Lash Waterproof, which means: it is OK but there is not drama. I still think that other Maybelline waterproof mascaras (Colossal, Falsies, Lash Stiletto, etc.) are much better and they offer a wider selection of brushes and desired effects. I do not think I will repurchase, the two main reasons being that I know better products that cost less and that this brand is not cruelty free.