January 30, 2015 | 2066 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast 24 HR Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by xoxosophiaxoxo

I love this mascara. I love the wand. I love everything about it. Definitely one of the best mascaras I've tried! It gives my lashes volume without making them feel crunchy and without making them look clumpy. I LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Maycup000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product stays on until you take it off, As lifeguard I need a mascara that does come off when I go into the pool. This mascara will not smug when you rub yours eyes after being in the pool, and easily comes off with my eye makeup remover! This is a must have for anyone who wants a mascara that will NOT run when you get in the water.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by ExoticAlbino

I HATE SPENDING MONEY ON MAKE UP. Yet I spend a lot on high end products as it's almost an investment to look good. I wanted to find a drugstore replacement for my $$$ tubing mascara, but unfortunately there aren't many.

I ended up trying CoverGirl Lash Blast 24HR. It's not going to be my new favorite, yet on the other hand --- this mascara isn't horrible. I think I'll actually use it up before looking for a replacement.

Here are the pros:
-I bought this in the shade Black Gold. I think it's neat CoverGirl offers this sort of shade in the drugstore selection. It was softer on my albino skintone than regular black, & the gold made my green eyes *pop*.
-I like the brush. It's gigantic, but better than the stupid soft puffy wands I'm seeing on the market these days. I was able to coat my bottom lashes without smearing it everywhere.
-It's more waterproof than any other drugstore mascara I've ever tried. I have SUPER oily skin & currently live in hot, humid Dallas. Mascara typically stands no chance & ends up smearing everywhere within 2 hours. It was nice to not look like a panda by the time I removed it.
-Affordable & easy to find. Hence my reasoning for trying it.

Cons:
-Formula is a little bit too dry. It can be clumpy IF you're not careful about application.
-Doesn't come off in tubes...but it's not advertised as a tubing mascara so that's just wishful thinking on my part. :) This really IS waterproof, but tubing mascara is even more resistant.

I think for *most* people out there who have issues with mascara smearing, this would be a great choice. I will eventually switch back to high end.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I really, really love this mascara, I would definitely say that its my new favourite from the drugstore. I did like the Covergirl Lashblast Original mascara but I didn't really love how it did not hold curl and it dried out pretty quickly, I went through about a tube a month. This mascara is identical in terms of the wand to the Lashblast Original which I really liked because I found that wand to give me decent volume and really separated my lashes because I detest a clumpy look. The formula of this is definitely wetter than the Lashblast Original which I like since it doesn't dry out as quickly- I wouldn't really consider this a wet formula but it is right between a wet and dry. I curl my lashes before applying this and away I go with around 4 coats- I love my lashes to look big and bold- why else would you apply mascara? After I have put this on my lashes are very volumized, lengthened and perfectly curled and what is most amazing is that they last like this throughout the entire day. I do notice maybe a tiny bit of smudging if I have had this on for like..10+ hours but I usually don't wear my makeup that long and if I do thats what a cotton swab is for- it wipes up easily. This mascara is freaking amazing. Why I only have this 4 lippies is because it is like impossible to take off with normal makeup remover which is definitely a pain. The only remove I have found that takes this off is the Lancome Bi-Facil remover which is definitely a pretty penny so its kind of annoying that you need a special remover to take this off but I am that invested in my lashes that I will pay the price, still with a bit of reluctance. I do believe that this is an awesome mascara and I absolutely recommend it. For those of you looking to try it definitely make sure you have an oil based remover on hand, you'll really need it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by supnikkki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been the absolute WORST mascara I have ever used. I normally use black mineral mascara by PurMinerals but I decided to try something that was easier on the wallet. Clearly, that was a mistake.

First of all, I dislike the brush. When I applied the mascara, going over my lashes once was definitely not good enough. When I went over a second time, my lashes looked as though I applied the mascara on hundreds of times. My lashes all stuck together - like I looked like I honestly had 5 eyelashes on each eye. You WILL have spider lashes with using this mascara. Secondly, the formula is absolutely terrible. I call it eyelash cement. Despite the fact that this is 24h (which I don't understand why you would need to wear it for 24h seeing as you should take your makeup off while you sleep), this is literally THE WORST mascara to get off. NO makeup remover could take this off. The only way I could remove it was by pinching each lash with my nails and pull along it to remove the mascara. My eyes hated me for it.

What did I learn out of this? Don't be afraid to spend a little more on mascara that is actually good quality, and never settle for something cheap like this tube of cement.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by cobblest

Just bought it

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by saphire82

I bought this because Hoda from the Today show raved about it. I think this should be marketed as a waterproof mascara, but even waterproof mascaras are easier to take off then this one. I like that it will keep my curl since I have very straight lashes, but it dries stiff and its just too difficult to remove, I even tried with eye makeup remover and end up sleeping with it overnight, and its still halfway on my lashes. Its just a mess to get off, and I feel like I'm damaging my lashes trying to remove it. I think I will stick with the regular voluminous.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok so i basically spent 15 minutes tearing out my lashes trying to get it off. Not only that, but the skin around my eyes r red from rubbing it. I would probably repurchase only in the summer and winter and with an oil base makeup remover for when I go swimming and there is snow, because it's majorly waterproof!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by roseroach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Mascaras !! And i like to try different ones!!! This is so far one of my best ones. It give me a big volume and it doesn't clump at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Emspirations

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the Cover Girl Lash Blast 24 hour in Blackest Black. I typically give cosmetics a fair trial period (few weeks-month) of use before a final verdict. I had to get rid of this after one use. Everyone's lashes are different and my lashes did not respond well compared to other mascaras.

Here is the claim from the Cover Girl website: "Bold, intense volume meets the biggest brush EVER from COVERGIRL! Get a blast of lush, volumized lashes that last up to 24hours. For a bold look that will get you noticed around the clock!"

As far as bold, the color is definitely very black. The brush for this mascara is on the larger side and has the rubber bristles that are on the original Lash Blast. Given that I have lashes on the shorter side, I find the large brush deposits mascara on my lids in addition to my lashes-unless applied carefully. This results in extra work to clean up product on the lid while trying not to disturb any eyeshadow already applied.

With regard to the formula, as other reviews mention it does last all day with no problem. Also I do agree with other reviewers that this mascara can hold a curl. it's ability to probably hold such a strong curl is one of the reasons I dislike it so much. It made my lashes very stiff-like I had applied strong hold hairspray. This lash texture bothers me because I feel like my lashes could just break off.

In addition, somehow this formula shrank my lashes and they were an even shorter version of my usual lashes and looked more like spikes than volumized.

While I definitely agree this formula has the lasting power advertised, there are other mascaras that provide more volume with a formula more agreeable for my lashes.