Cover Girl Lash Blast 24 HR Mascara

3.2

I have thin, stick-straight Asian eyelashes and it's hard finding a mascara that will hold a curl. This mascara will hold my curled eyelashes for an entire day and doesn't smudge on my oily eyelids. It thickens and gives volume to my wimpy eyelashes, but it's a little difficult to remove and the formula is extremely wet.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used all sorts of different mascaras over the years and there is nothing quite like LB24hr. Every mascara I have used has always smudged and I was so excited to get this product because it has not disappointed me at all! Mascaras usually smudge on me and I can honestly say that this is the first one that hasn't done so and I'm not even exaggerating. It's not clumpy at all--even after a few coats and I actually find it easy to remove, contrary to what some people experienced. I usually use a eye makeup remover and a warm towel to make sure it's completely off. It is long-lasting and doesn't smell. I see myself using this for a very, very long time.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My reason for buying this mascara is really simple. I have oily skin and many mascaras tend to smear on me, especially if they are not waterproof. I also buy a lot of drugstore makeup as I find the makeup lines in these times can produce quality products that work well. I like makeup that is easy to find and reasonably priced. So, to sum up, are my reasons for buying this mascara:
1. Easy to find in my local CVS
2. Inexpensive
3. Bought it in the shade Very Black because I wanted a dramatic color to make my blue eyes and auburn hair to pop and make my eyes noticeable
4. It came in waterproof and promised to be "smear resistant"

The results: the black color was vivid and it did noticeably lengthen my eyelashes. By the end of the day at work I found the mascara had ran over my lashline. It defeated the major purpose of buying this mascara i.e to buy a longlasting waterproof mascara. It did not last all day long through a workday.
When I run out of this product I will not be repurchasing but going to my Neutrogena mascara which is one of the mascaras that work for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't require much from a mascara. There's a limit to how much any mascara can benefit my sparse, thin, stick-straight lashes. Over length or volume, I find a formula that holds a curl makes the most impact. Length tends to make my thin lashes spindly, while volume weighs them down---that's no good. While a curl doesn't improve density at the lashline (tightlining works better), at least my lashes don't vanish into nonexistence. =D

And Cover Girl LashBlast 24Hr succeeds in exactly that, without too much expense or fuss. With its high turnover rate, I much prefer an inexpensive mascara, especially since this formula tends to clump as it ages. It feels stiff and crunchy, as it is waterproof, but that, I think, is a necessary tradeoff: a softer formula would not hold the curl as well. I've never been a fan of the LashBlast wand, but until Cover Girl releases this formula with a more maneuverable wand, I can manage. It is not the easiest product to remove, but my regular cream cleansers (and presumably cleansing oils) do dissolve it with a little gentle patience. And that's it: it's a pretty basic mascara, with maybe a touch of volume, outside of the ability to hold curl.

Very dry and made my lashes clump together. Not much product on wand on initial application. Would never purchase again and will probably throw away because it is not worth my time. Takes forever to remove. So disappointed!

Love this builds volume and holds a curl on hot humid days. Doesn't flake or smear - but does dry out quickly...

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought this mascara before a trip to WDW, thinking I needed something strong to withstand long, 13+ hour days in the parks under hot, humid conditions. For that effect, it did pretty well. It wore like iron all day without smudging or flaking despite constant sweating and misting my face to stay cool. It held curl well too. I didn't have any problem removing it at the end of the day either, but then I use oil based makeup removers which can take off even the most stubborn eye makeup.

But now that I'm back home and using it under "normal" conditions I'm not so happy with it. It makes my lashes more spiky looking than lush and voluminous , and I'm just not a fan of that look. My lashes feel super stiff with it on which is a little unsettling.

So while I might reach for this mascara if I have a long, long day ahead, I'm eager to return to my normal mascara (CG Lash Perfection). It just doesn't do a good enough job with lengthening, voluminzing and separating to make it into my regular rotation.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Horrible, makes my eyes sting, it clumps, and it takes forever to remove it. I ve had better luck with cheaper mascaras.

Sweet mother this stuff is awful on so many levels. I am a loyal user of Lash Blast Volume (non-waterproof) and have been using it for many years. I decided to be wild and crazy and try the 24 Hour version; what a waste of my hard earned money! My biggest gripe with this mascara is the removal process; it is like trying to remove super glue from your lashes. I have used waterproof mascara before and have never had such a problem removing my makeup. The first time I tried to remove it all I had on hand was my Philosophy Purity and the moisturizing Almay makeup remover pads (the ones with mineral oil). It seriously took me about 20 minutes to get all of this mascara off; it might have come off sooner if I really scrubbed but my lashes are important to me and I did not want to have any fall out from rubbing too hard. So, the following day I tried using straight up baby oil to remove the mascara and that worked better but it still was not fun. The next day I went and bought Ponds cold cream which really removed this stuff like nobodys business. However, the formula for this mascara is so different from the regular Lash Blast Volume; this mascara gives me crazy length but no volume. I do not need length, my lashes are so long they touch my eye brows, what I need is volume. I can not apply more than 2 coats of this mascara without it starting to clump; whereas with the regular Lash Blast I could apply as many coats as I want with no clumps. Also, this mascara did not last as good as the regular Lash Blast; I wear my makeup about 12-14 hours on a work day and after about 5 hours I would end up with flaked/smudged mascara all over my brow bone from where my lashes were touching. This never happens to me with the regular Lash Blast. So, to recap; this mascara is murder to remove, does not give me volume, can get clumpy and does not hold up too well. Never again will I buy this stuff. On a bright note, this mascara forced me to look for a good makeup remover and I found the Ponds cold cream which I now use every day and it is pretty much holy grail material.

I love this mascara. I love the wand. I love everything about it. Definitely one of the best mascaras I've tried! It gives my lashes volume without making them feel crunchy and without making them look clumpy. I LOVE it!

Popular Mascaras