Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum

4.5

on 1/17/2013 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am addicted to the lip butters, and have purchased about half the collection. Sugar plum is my favorite shade out of the entire line. This lip butter is a plummy-pink color with a hint of mauve that suits my warm skin tone quite well. It is a cream formula so there is no shimmer or glitter in it (which I love!) This application is quite creamy, and this color is one of the more pigmented colors. It is perfect the the fall and winter since the color is a bit darker and the formula is very moisturizing. I would definitely pick one up if you haven't already!

on 1/11/2013 7:15:00 AM

Nice plummy shade on my NW20 complexion...naturally rosey lips. But it just looked "eh" on me. It did deposit more color than I anticipated and is a nice shade (many plums skew too brown on me, this does not because of the berry undertone). I mean nice but not doing much for me. I just expected a bit more from all the raves. Also the color feels less rich, and just plain old "dark" on me.

on 1/10/2013 1:54:00 PM

Pretty color in the tube, however it did not work with my coloring. The purplish fuschia hue was a little too cool for my coloring. Would not buy again because of this.

This is a gorgeous shade with a beautiful formula. It's a soft plum color that you can build up very easily.
It's perfect for winter time, and could work as a "my lips but BETTER" shade. I loveeeee the name too, I mean, come on, SUGAR PLUM just sounds so sweet and delicious! It makes me want to just eat it!!!
The packaging I'm not crazy about, and the product can smoosh in the lid sometimes, but it's gorgeoussssssss!!!
Anyway, I will not be repurchasing, sadly, because it's nothing I can't live without.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this product, but not this color. It goes on more pink than plum, which is a bummer. Otherwise, great, hydrating product. I wish there was a true plum shade--I'd buy in an instant.

on 1/1/2013 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

love this!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'd heard great things about this lip butter and I wanted a my-lips-but-better colour with a berryish tinge, so I got Sugar Plum. It's my first venture into the world of lipstick and I really adore the colour. It's not as purple as it looks in the tube, more of a deep berry-pink. The formula is good, sort of like a tinted lip balm but more pigmented and not as balmy. You can build up as much colour as you want and it has a decent amount of staying power. It gradually fades over a couple of hours but leaves a nice light stain once the product has worn off. It's nice and creamy and not drying, so there's no need to wear a balm underneath. The packaging is cute, I love the coloured cap with the quilted pattern. Unfortunately, the price here is ridiculously expensive -- $24 - $29NZD depending on where you buy it, but I bought mine online for about $15NZD. The real robbery is the amount of product you get for that price, less than an inch. I'll be using it sparingly.
Despite the expensive price and small amount of product, I would still repurchase, just because I love the colour and formula so much.

on 12/30/2012 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I struggle to find lipsticks I like as I don't usually want anything too dominating or too much of a hassle to apply for my day to day look. This is a sort of my lips but better, only slightly darker and plummier. I'm an NC25 with quite dark lips. It goes with all my looks and is very versatile. I've worn this loads recently, and for now, my hunt for a perfect day lipstick is over. I've worn this in the evening too and I find the colour (as it wears off) to leave a very fetching stain on my lips. I really like it. Hooray!

on 12/27/2012 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Now this is good stuff. Makes my naturally reddish lips look like a better version of their natural color.

on 12/16/2012 6:08:00 PM

Yeah, this color is awesome. Love it, especially for a DS product.