Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I bought this palette over 2 years ago and have been using it ever since. urban decay eyeshadows have such amazing pigmentation and color payoff. the cool toned selection flatters my fair skintone beautifully! it is so versatile and I love the wide range of eyeshadow looks I can easily create!! the shadows last without creasing on my eyelids when a primer and/or base is used underneath. I definitely recommend this palette for beginners with makeup because of the versatility and gorgeous shades and anyone who loves a neutral palette of highly pigmented eyeshadows!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have all the naked palettes but this and Naked 1 are very very similar. You only need one or the other. 9 out of 12 shadows are shimmer 3 are matte. It has a black matte which is great for a liner. Highlighters, base colours everything you need. Would be nice to have a few more matte colours inside though. So I bought the basic palette and prefer this for quickness. If it's a night out then I can have a play with this palette or mix it up with the naked 3 as well. You tube has lots of great looks which are fun to try. You get a brush inside which is a bonus! I bought this when they was putting the mini lipgloss with the palette such a shame they have now stopped this.

on 12/30/2014 8:22:00 PM

This palette is overall my favorite. The colors are universal to skin tones and are pigmented. Being so pigmented makes them last a long time, I've had mine for a year and barely have made a dent in it (considering I use it everyday). It's worth it, even though it's a costly &54.

on 12/30/2014 12:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am completely underwhelmed with this palette.

Part of this is my fault: I should have bought N1 or maybe even N3 as Im definitely not a cool-toned person, but I thought the mattes were nicer in N2 even though there are only three. I thought N1 was a lot shinier than N2 -- but you know? I was wrong: they're all pretty dang shiny, and while they look great in the palette (or even swatched on my wrist) on my eyes they look reaaaaaaaaallly glittery.

Part of this is UD's fault: of the colours I do like, and use, the fallout is pretty intense. I use Half-baked and Booty Call pretty regularly, and within a few hours my cheeks are freckled with glitter. And that's another thing: even with UD primer, within a few hours (today it was two) it looks like Im not wearing anything at all.

Since I used my Shoppers Optimum Points to pay for this palette, Im not too upset that I don't like it as I do like one or two colours, and can use them with other palettes. Had I paid with my hard earned dollars it would have been exchanged the very same day for something else.

on 12/28/2014 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Just got it and love it!! Definitely going to buy again when if runs out!!

on 12/27/2014 7:23:00 PM

I really like the colors in this palette, and the pigmentation the colors give. I prefer the original Naked palette to this one. This palette has too many sparkle eyeshadows and not enough mattes for me, that's the only reason I would not buy this palette again. I don't use it enough to spend that money on something I only use once in a while. I would rather buy a palette with more matte shades.

on 12/27/2014 4:59:00 PM

I owned the naked palette one first and rushed out to buy the second one when it came out but I felt disappointed. The tin that it came in feels cheap. The colours themselves are similar to the ones on the first palette but more matte colours.
Very neutral.
A great brush however, one side for application, the other for blending. My most favourite bit of this by far.
I gave this palette away to my sister. It was just a waste.

This eyeshadow is a must have! These are really good colours for either more of a natural look or for dramatic eyes on a night out. It lasts ages on the eyes, especially if you prime before. The price is slightly expensive but definitely worth it as this product lasts for such a long time. Would recommend this to everyone

on 12/19/2014 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Cool skin toned people unite! If you have cool toned skin you are likely going to really like this palette. It can be tricky to find a palette with tones that really compliments those of us with cool toned skin.

I finally started hitting pan on this palette, and thought it was time to write a review.

I do have a love/hate relationship with this palette.
LOVE:
• The range of colors is great. You can easily create a wide rage of day and evening looks, and everything works so well together. The color range is lovely for those of use with cool toned skin. I will re-purchase just because of teh nice selection of cooler toned colors.
• minimal creasing
• easy to blend and apply

HATE:
• Holy fallout, lots of fallout on some shades
• Glitter! Chopper is a crap color if you are somewhat upward in years like me. Being in my 30's anything with such huge chunks of glitter makes me feel like a clown.
• Not enough mattes. Almost the entire palette is shimmer shades. I prefer more matte looks, especially for work, and this palette doesn't have that option, unless you get one of the add-ons like naked basics
• The brush that comes with it is absolute rubbish. Throw this away immediately. Even in a pinch, it is awful. One end eats up product and doesn't apply evenly, the other end is too long and makes a hot mess when blending. I am not sure why they wouldn't put a better quality brush in the palette, especially at this price point!
• packaging quality: ugh, about 5 months in, some of my shades started popping out of the package. It isn't a big deal to put them back in, but it created quite a mess in the palette, with some of the colors spilling onto other shades. It never left my makeup station, just lightly used.
• a few of the shades are very chalky, and don't apply or blend very well.

If I had to choose only one palette, it will always be my Lorac pro. I prefer the buttery soft texture and ease of blending that comes with Lorac palettes. But the naked2 palette has a great range of colors, and works really well with my skin tone. It is a re-purchase for me.

on 12/18/2014 6:28:00 AM

First of all, i am an NC25 and after reading reviews online, it is sugggested that i get the original naked instead of the NAKED2 as according to most of the reviews the original NAKED is more suitable for warmer skin tones.
i bought the NAKED, and HATED it. the colors can look too muddy, even on my not so fair skin.
i decided to buy the NAKED2 out of curiosity and to my surprise am aboslutely lovin it.
my favorite colors are YDK,busted, and snakebite, and bootycall, the last one being the best highlight color for my skintone..it is very warm and yellowish, which looks really natural on yellow skin.
so to all NC25 ladies out there, dont buy into the myth that NAKED2 is only suitable for cooler skin tones because i believe it is absolutely beautiful on ALL skin color.
the only downside, however, is the major fallout with shades like YDK, which is such a shame as its a really beautiful color, nothing a piece of tissue/paper/tape cant fix tho.
if it hadnt been for the fall outs i would've totally given this palette 5 lipsticks.

Popular Palettes