September 22, 2014 | 1953 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Oatmeal N' Honey Natural Facial Scrub

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Sena007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First of all, I hate the smell of this stuff. Secondly, I feel like it doesnt even exfoliate my face. After i rinse it off, my skin feels weird, and not in a good way. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Brittag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this scrub for two years, since the fateful day I found some in the shower while I was house sitting. I simply can't do without it! I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin, and it has never caused any issues for me (my sister has dry skin, and she loves this as well).

Depending on my skin and the weather, I use it anywhere from once every few days to every morning in the shower. If I run out and stop using it for more than a couple of weeks, my skin looks noticeably worse (flaky, less bright, uneven texture, more breakouts). I love this scrub, and I will use it forever (or as long as my skin likes it).

PROS:
-fine texture, easy to control how intense or gentle to scrub
-I like the sweet smell, and I don't find it overpowering.
-Not irritating, as far as my skin goes
-Doesn't feel like it strips skin too much
-Cheap!
-Lasts a long time (6 months with nearly daily use).
-Squeeze tube

CONS:
-Can be hard to find
-Some may not like the smell
-Sometimes water collects in the cap if stored in the shower. A flip cap would be much nicer.

Even with the cons (and they are minor, in my book), this is my HG facial scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by auttie26

I bought this a while ago and used it once or twice and it got lost somewhere under my cabinet. I recently have rediscovered this and I'm so happy I did. I use a small amount in the mornings in place of my regular cleanser. And again a small amount at night after i've removed all of my makeup, I know it sounds like I'm scrubbing my face alot but its such a gently exfoliation. In combination with my Philosophy on a clear day kit my skin has cleared remarkably. I think its the combination of the retinol lotion, salicylic acid treatment and lots of gentle exfoliation. At first you will break out with this scrub but i'm pretty sure its just bringing impurities to the surface. It leaves my skin really soft and hydrated. And the smell is really not as bad as everyone makes it seem. When I do get a breakout it goes away pretty fast. For the price its worth a try. But trust me give it three weeks and you might be pleasantly surprised.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by mchllbnll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

I really like this scrub. It's better than St. Ives because I believe that St. Ives is terrible for your skin and this honey scrub is much more gentle. I use this about once a week in the shower on my face and neck and it leaves my face and neck very smooth! I then follow it with Philosophy's simple cleanser on my face and I'm all done. I'm satisfied with everything about this product. Dirt cheap, convenient, and you don't need much to use to begin with. Will re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 6:38:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great scrub. My grocery store sells it for less than $2. I recommend using it twice a week for the best results. I usually rinse it off and take my cleanser and wash it off completely - if you have the slightest bit of residue leftover on your skin it could break you out. I love how finely milled this is, the scent isn't the greatest, but isn't horrible. It makes you feel clean and baby smooth. This is the best Queen Helene product I've tried... However, I prefer my olive oil + sugar scrub over this and will not repurchase. :]

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I broke out with this, not sure why. However, this is less abrasive than St. Ives Apriot Scurb. This does have walnut shells in it but it isn't as coarse as the St. Ives. The smell is interesting, it reminds me of a mixture of oatmeal cookies and honey and it is very sweet and strong. The scent stays on the skin until you wash your face again. The scent did bother me a little while I was trying to sleep. I love the texture of this scrub, because it is finely ground, it doesn't feel rough yet does a good job exfoliating. After using this, my skin didn't really feel soft and it sucked out any moisture leaving my combination/oily skin very dry and tight. Also, it left my skin itchy and some patchy red spots on my cheeks. I also got some pimples on my cheeks as well and bumps on my forehead (not clogged pores, they were red and itchy). It is possible I might of had a reaction to something in this. The two lippies are for 1. Affordable for the amount of product you get. 2. The scrub is finely ground that is less rough but still effective.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by kuroyuki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this stuff is alright. i switched over from St Ives apricot scrub because i heard the apricot scrub was damaging for your skin. after switching over, though, my skin is breaking out a bit. i guess the salycylic acid the apricot scrub had made a difference. this also doesn't exfoliate my skin as well as the apricot scrub did. it used to leave my skin smooth and glowing, but this one does neither. i also can't stand the smell. at first i liked it, thought it was fun and yummy, but it got old by my third use. now i can't stand it. i will use this up, but won't repurchase. i'll go back to my apricot scrub after this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by kristentomlinson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing! I started using this every morning in place of using my clean and clear advantage cleanser morning and night. Since using this in my morning face routine my skin is glowing! I haven't had any breakout, the redness is gone, and it leaves my skin so smooth. The only complaint I have is the screw top. A flip top would be much better. You get a great amount of the product for the price and it doesn't take much so this tube lasts a good amount of time.

I highly recommend this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I remember using this at my grandmother's house as a kid- without permission, of course. The smell is lightly honeyed, and the texture is like a paste with a microgrit, making it much safer on the skin. Results are not immediately noticeable, but with continued use, skin is more even in tone and texture. It's dirt cheap at Sally's and one of the few scrubs that does not irritate my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by sasami999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS STUFF.

The smell is sweet and natural and makes me want to scrub forever! Although I don't think my skin would like that very much.

It left my skin smooth and didn't irritate my sensitive cheeks at all. AND IT IS CHEAP. HOORAY!