April 19, 2014 | 1281 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Candy Apple

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Such a lovely, bright red that pops on my tanned skin tone, but I feel like it will probably suit all skin tones if you play with application (e.g. sheer it out if it's too bright or layer it if you want more colour). Like all the lip butters, it's both a muted glossy finish with a balm like texture - it will require reapplying quite often, but I think if you use a lip liner pencil underneath, it will last longer. Another beautiful Revlon lip product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by smntha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite, favorite Lip Butters. I think I like the shade of Red Velvet more, but this is a close second. Candy Apple is perfect because it gives you classic and fun looks for both day and night. The formula is moisturizing without leaving my lips feeling too moist or greasy. Because it is more like a heavily tinted lip balm than an actual lipstick, the staying power is not ideal if you want to have it lasting a long time with minimal touch-ups. If you like keeping your lips soft with some color, though, then the Lip Butters are definitely a good pick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by kikidoll27

I am very, very fair skinned. Let's just leave it at that. Because of the 'color' of my complexion, I normally stick to non-obtrusive colors like pink based nudes or...pink based nudes. Lately I've wanted to branch out and try bolder colors, but none of them seem to flatter my skin tone. If they do, I'm too timid to wear them anywhere. I tried a lipbutter in Cotton Candy and loved it, so I figured I'd have nothing to loose (except the 6.79 I forked over for this). I actually like it! I only apply a sheer layer for a stained effect, but it can definitely be built up to opaque. I wear it with a nuetral eye for a put together look with zero effort. The only con I have is I have to apply it with a mirror, otherwise I'll end up applying too much.
UPDATE: No change in lippies, but WOW! Been wearing this toooons lately (I've gotten paler O.o) in a thicker layer, and it looks amazing. It's also a nice application, really smooth. It's moisturizing, but I wouldn't call it a 'lip balm'. It's not really a 'butter' either. It's just a nice, non drying, really creamy, buildable lipstick with a glossy effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by ladykaye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've wanted Candy Apple for so long but it was only available in other countries until like a week ago. It is a somewhat semi transparent apple red, no shimmers or glitters. This sheer lipstick gives out a wash of true apple red and brightens up my complexion immediatedly, I can then layer it up to get a fuller coverage red. The red is a true apple red, not to cool, not to warm, just right, and it suited my NC20 skin very well to give that 'just kissed' look when I apply just a very thin layer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I had to try these, and given the very limited colour selection where I live, I chose candy apple. I figured, if it's unwearably bright then at least it didn't cost much... This colour is a bright, orangey-coral red on me. I do not see any blue in it at all. It looks best as a sheer layer of barely there colour, or a brightening top coat on top of another lipstick. The texture is very moisturising. I would buy the product again, but not this shade - it would be great in a natural rosy-pink.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i wasvery excited to try these lip butters & im so not disappointed..i really really love this candy apple. the colour pay off is exactly right for me & it moisturizers well. i would prefer if it had more staying power HOWEVER given this is a cross between alipstick & balm, its perfect. highly recommended colour!
the only gripe i have is the packaging. the bullet fits so snug onto the cover & there is no ridge or bumpy area for grip making it difficult to open.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by smokeysilver

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

the revlon butters are kind of hit or miss for me- some i love, some i hate. this is definitely a "love" one. the color is bright and gorgeous, and looks great sheer or opaque. the texture is amazing - feels just like a lip balm :) will totally rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As always, these butters are VERY moisturizing. Similar to Tutti Fruitti, this colour requires my lips to be exfoliated otherwise it shows off any dry areas. It can be either a sheer juicy red that brings life to your lips OR it can be layered for more of an opaque lipstick. I'd repurchase but, not as fast as I'd repurchase Fig Jam.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by sayshal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first lip butter and I have since bought another. I love the texture these have on the lips, great for the winter when my lips tend to be on the dry side. I would say Candy Apple is a sheer-medium coverage orange-red balm. If I want it to have a bit more pow, I'll fill in my lips completely with lip liner and then apply for a true red, but if I'm in a rush or just don't feel like wearing a full on red lip, one or to swipes of this give a nice red lip that isn't too flashy and is pretty sheer. I've been wearing this everyday since I purchased this. Can't believe I have a red that is getting more use than my Mac Russian Red! I'm an NC20 for reference. I chose Candy Apple over Cherry Tart because I hate glitter and the Cherry Tart looked like sparkle city in the tube in the story.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by hyacinth289

I have always loved Revlon lipsticks, and I like this a lot after trying it out myself, it doesn't last that long, but this doesn't bother me. The color is nice, and non-drying. i was afraid to wear bright, red lipstick but i have always wanted to try; this particular color is a nice solution. I wear this when i go out with friends, and I would def want to buy other colors as well.