December 21, 2014 | 1696 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Candy Apple

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by bombasticclassic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a major problem, and that's that I've never found a red lipstick I've ever thought looks halfway decent on me. Firstly, I've never found a red that didn't pull too berry toned or orange toned. Did people just forget to make any wearable mid toned true reds? Being asian, red lipstick always seemed to wash me out, making my skin look paler, my lips look redder, and inevitably I would end up looking like nothing more than an old school geisha with unbalanced makeup. It's not a good look.

This is my first foray back into reds, and Candy Apple is the perfect red for the novice who freaks out at scary colors on her face. Wear it lightly for a sheer wash of color and glossiness, wear it heavier for a bright, true red. You can control the color intensity, and it's pretty neat how far the range can go with this color alone if you just change how many layers you put on. I thought I hated reds but after building up the color with this out of curiosity, I realized this particular red looks amazing on me! (NC37) If you're one of those people who have never looked good in a red lipstick, I can't stress how much you should try this one. It will change your mind

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by GentleReader

Hands down my favorite red lipstick! I have fair NC15-20 skin and was always afraid of red lips until I picked this up a few days ago. I just submitted a photo, I'm so proud of this wearing this color! I would call it a true red, not terribly orange or blue. It goes on semi-sheer but can be built up to opaque. I think given the balance of orange/blue, and the moistness and sheerness of the formula, this is a color that would be flattering on many skintones.

The formula is very creamy, moisturizing, and comfortable. There is a soft, satiny sheen right after I apply. After I've been wearing it a while (say an hour or so, without eating/drinking anything), there is a matte stain left on my lips--which I love, it gives a retro look.

I think I've found my signature red lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by flyingwind66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lip butter! It is very moisturizing and feels like a lip balm with pigment.

The colour gives just a hint of coral to the natural shade of my lips and I would definitely repurchase.

Side note, I like that the cap is a box rather than a cylinder so there is no rolling when I put it down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Such a lovely, bright red that pops on my tanned skin tone, but I feel like it will probably suit all skin tones if you play with application (e.g. sheer it out if it's too bright or layer it if you want more colour). Like all the lip butters, it's both a muted glossy finish with a balm like texture - it will require reapplying quite often, but I think if you use a lip liner pencil underneath, it will last longer. Another beautiful Revlon lip product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by smntha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite, favorite Lip Butters. I think I like the shade of Red Velvet more, but this is a close second. Candy Apple is perfect because it gives you classic and fun looks for both day and night. The formula is moisturizing without leaving my lips feeling too moist or greasy. Because it is more like a heavily tinted lip balm than an actual lipstick, the staying power is not ideal if you want to have it lasting a long time with minimal touch-ups. If you like keeping your lips soft with some color, though, then the Lip Butters are definitely a good pick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by kikidoll27

I am very, very fair skinned. Let's just leave it at that. Because of the 'color' of my complexion, I normally stick to non-obtrusive colors like pink based nudes or...pink based nudes. Lately I've wanted to branch out and try bolder colors, but none of them seem to flatter my skin tone. If they do, I'm too timid to wear them anywhere. I tried a lipbutter in Cotton Candy and loved it, so I figured I'd have nothing to loose (except the 6.79 I forked over for this). I actually like it! I only apply a sheer layer for a stained effect, but it can definitely be built up to opaque. I wear it with a nuetral eye for a put together look with zero effort. The only con I have is I have to apply it with a mirror, otherwise I'll end up applying too much.
UPDATE: No change in lippies, but WOW! Been wearing this toooons lately (I've gotten paler O.o) in a thicker layer, and it looks amazing. It's also a nice application, really smooth. It's moisturizing, but I wouldn't call it a 'lip balm'. It's not really a 'butter' either. It's just a nice, non drying, really creamy, buildable lipstick with a glossy effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by ladykaye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've wanted Candy Apple for so long but it was only available in other countries until like a week ago. It is a somewhat semi transparent apple red, no shimmers or glitters. This sheer lipstick gives out a wash of true apple red and brightens up my complexion immediatedly, I can then layer it up to get a fuller coverage red. The red is a true apple red, not to cool, not to warm, just right, and it suited my NC20 skin very well to give that 'just kissed' look when I apply just a very thin layer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I had to try these, and given the very limited colour selection where I live, I chose candy apple. I figured, if it's unwearably bright then at least it didn't cost much... This colour is a bright, orangey-coral red on me. I do not see any blue in it at all. It looks best as a sheer layer of barely there colour, or a brightening top coat on top of another lipstick. The texture is very moisturising. I would buy the product again, but not this shade - it would be great in a natural rosy-pink.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i wasvery excited to try these lip butters & im so not disappointed..i really really love this candy apple. the colour pay off is exactly right for me & it moisturizers well. i would prefer if it had more staying power HOWEVER given this is a cross between alipstick & balm, its perfect. highly recommended colour!
the only gripe i have is the packaging. the bullet fits so snug onto the cover & there is no ridge or bumpy area for grip making it difficult to open.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by smokeysilver

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

the revlon butters are kind of hit or miss for me- some i love, some i hate. this is definitely a "love" one. the color is bright and gorgeous, and looks great sheer or opaque. the texture is amazing - feels just like a lip balm :) will totally rebuy.