Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Candy Apple

4.3

My HG red - finally! I have fair/medium, yellowish-olive toned skin (NC 35)...the blue-reds just don't cut it on me. I've been searching for a good wearable red for-freaking-ever. This is it. The texture is lovely; it goes on smooth and isn't drying. It's got a nice amount of pigment, so much so I usually blot for daytime wear to keep it from being overwhelming. It's a good idea to be sure your lips are completely smooth first, though, because any chapping or dryness will be obvious. Staying power isn't the best, but as it only takes a little bit to get a good amount of color, I don't mind reapplying several times throughout the day. I will definitely buy this one again, and probably even try some other colors.

on 2/15/2013 1:20:00 AM

This color looks absolutely lovely on warm skin tones. It brightens the whole face and I love it with a neutral eye and some winged liner. It doesn't have fantastic staying power, but it never leaves my lips feeling dry. I have quite pigmented lips and this shows up on them when I can't say many lip products do, so I certainly wouldn't call this a sheer wash though you can wear it that way by tapping it on and then blending it out with a finger. I have a lot of red lipsticks, but I must say this is one of my top 3!

on 2/12/2013 2:28:00 PM

i love this lip butter so much! my first lip butter i got was peach parfait and though i liked it, i wasn't in love with the amount of sparkle it deposits. this one isn't glittery and just a really nice red. i love how i can wear it very sheer to just add a nice tint to my lips, or build up the colour and really make it pop. the only thing i don't like is the packaging because it has kind of a cheap feel to it with the plastic cap, but it's not a big issue at all so i would definitely repurchase!

on 2/3/2013 7:21:00 PM

I'm definitely a new convert to the Revlon Lip Butters! For those who like a sheer wash of color with some moisture and don't want to deal with a wand of glop, thse are great. I'm a fair/medium warm/neutral with chestnut hair and olive eyes. Lips are thin and I definitely need some pigment so they don't disappear... nudes are not for me, but neither are too-dark shades because they tend to make my mouth look severe. I tend to like reds, plums and corals, but historically (until I found the now discontinued Clinique Bare Brilliance line) wore plums because reds are so tricky. This Revlon Candy Apple Lip Butter is a lovely true warm-leaning sheer red with an almost matte finish--the first wearable true red I've found since . the discontinuation of the Clinique Bare Brilliance! Color is buildable and wears down to a nice sexy bitten flush. My HG lipstick was the now-discontinued Clinique Bare Brilliance in Ruby Glass, a warmish sheer red with sparkle. If I layer the more coolish sparkly Cherry Tart (which is a lot like the old Clinique BB Cherry Quartz) over this, I get a really good approximation of the old BB Ruby Glass. Also Pink Truffle--cute pinkinsh-brown shimmery shade but I think it might look better if I have a bit of color in the summer--right now it washes me out. Based on reviews will probably also purchase Red Velvet (a deeper 40's red) for evenings and Tutti Frutti (orange/coral with shimmer) for summer. So glad to have these available at the drugstore for half the price of what I used to pay at the Clinique counter! Now, if Revlon can only create one more shade by adding shimmer to the Candy Apple, I'll be one hundred percent happy...

on 1/29/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is agreat red lipstick from Revlon. It feels great going on and the red is the perfect true red shade. It's a fun, bright sort of red even on my dark (NC50) skin without looking clownish. It's not the most sophisticated shade but it is fun and young and buildable from light stain-like coverage to va-va-voom full-on starlet red.

The staying power in all honesty isn't as great as with the Colorburst Lipsticks and this will need to be reapplied during the day, but it's no problem because it feels so good and luxurious on the lips like a really high quality lip balm. This does mean that you cam go through tubes of this stuff pretty quickly but that's not enough of a low point to stop me from repurchasing this as i constantly do. Everyone I've introduced to it loves the color and the shade. It's a definite staple for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have a major problem, and that's that I've never found a red lipstick I've ever thought looks halfway decent on me. Firstly, I've never found a red that didn't pull too berry toned or orange toned. Did people just forget to make any wearable mid toned true reds? Being asian, red lipstick always seemed to wash me out, making my skin look paler, my lips look redder, and inevitably I would end up looking like nothing more than an old school geisha with unbalanced makeup. It's not a good look.

This is my first foray back into reds, and Candy Apple is the perfect red for the novice who freaks out at scary colors on her face. Wear it lightly for a sheer wash of color and glossiness, wear it heavier for a bright, true red. You can control the color intensity, and it's pretty neat how far the range can go with this color alone if you just change how many layers you put on. I thought I hated reds but after building up the color with this out of curiosity, I realized this particular red looks amazing on me! (NC37) If you're one of those people who have never looked good in a red lipstick, I can't stress how much you should try this one. It will change your mind

on 1/24/2013 6:43:00 PM

Hands down my favorite red lipstick! I have fair NC15-20 skin and was always afraid of red lips until I picked this up a few days ago. I just submitted a photo, I'm so proud of this wearing this color! I would call it a true red, not terribly orange or blue. It goes on semi-sheer but can be built up to opaque. I think given the balance of orange/blue, and the moistness and sheerness of the formula, this is a color that would be flattering on many skintones.

The formula is very creamy, moisturizing, and comfortable. There is a soft, satiny sheen right after I apply. After I've been wearing it a while (say an hour or so, without eating/drinking anything), there is a matte stain left on my lips--which I love, it gives a retro look.

I think I've found my signature red lipstick!

on 1/23/2013 6:35:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this lip butter! It is very moisturizing and feels like a lip balm with pigment.

The colour gives just a hint of coral to the natural shade of my lips and I would definitely repurchase.

Side note, I like that the cap is a box rather than a cylinder so there is no rolling when I put it down.

on 1/17/2013 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Such a lovely, bright red that pops on my tanned skin tone, but I feel like it will probably suit all skin tones if you play with application (e.g. sheer it out if it's too bright or layer it if you want more colour). Like all the lip butters, it's both a muted glossy finish with a balm like texture - it will require reapplying quite often, but I think if you use a lip liner pencil underneath, it will last longer. Another beautiful Revlon lip product!

on 1/10/2013 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of my favorite, favorite Lip Butters. I think I like the shade of Red Velvet more, but this is a close second. Candy Apple is perfect because it gives you classic and fun looks for both day and night. The formula is moisturizing without leaving my lips feeling too moist or greasy. Because it is more like a heavily tinted lip balm than an actual lipstick, the staying power is not ideal if you want to have it lasting a long time with minimal touch-ups. If you like keeping your lips soft with some color, though, then the Lip Butters are definitely a good pick.

Popular Lipsticks