Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.8

on 4/18/2015 7:23:00 PM

After searching for a concealer that could cover my dark circles, wouldn't crease, and wasn't so far off from my skin tone that I needed to top it with another concealer, this product falls into my lap. I had tried the DreamLumi in brightener before this, and while the color was nice, it creased horribly over time.

I apply this over UDPP (I use this just for my undereyes), and top it with ELF HD Powder (regular, not undereye), and it stays perfectly all day.

I honestly don't mind the sponge, but I think it's personal preference. IMO it only touches my face, so I don't consider it unhygienic.

on 4/18/2015 7:01:00 PM

This is my HG concealer, it is absolutely gorgeous. For the drugstore price of 7.99 it is great value for money, it's pretty much the same standard as high end concealers like Mac if not even better, this concealer can be used as a highlighter as well as a concealer, I am in the colour light and use NC25 in Mac concealers I applied it with a damp beauty blender, it was super easy to blend and the finish was pretty much flawless, it covered all my blemishes instantly and stayed on all day (set with powder) the finish is quite dewy and creamy, I always receive compliments with this concealer and will keep on purchasing!

on 4/18/2015 2:14:00 PM

HG. Love this concealer!! Ive tried many including Prolongwear, Collection, Studio finish etc... But this always gives a bright highlighted undereye (and mine are very dark) I don't use this to concealer blemishes etc. but thats not what it brands itself as anyway! Definitely would rebuy

I liked and disliked this concealer. First off I have severe dark circles so I was excited to try this but unfortunately it wasn't strong enough for me. It was nice on my the redness on my face and I also liked the idea of the applicator. I would buy again but not for my dark circles

on 4/14/2015 11:30:00 PM

The little sponge thing... Yeah the applicator is not favorable with me, also while in my purse the plastic cap seems to pop off a lot which could be messy. From the very beginning I did not use the sponge to apply. I would click the product up, then squeeze the sponge with my fingers so I could apply it with my fingers. I'm on the fence. The coverage is definitely light but the product just glides over. It is pretty and helpful but not helpful when it comes to acne and skin tone evenness.

on 4/14/2015 8:42:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Much to my surprise, I have found myself repurchasing this again and again. I use the Fair as a concealer, and Brightener as a highlighter and touch up. I first tried it on a whim, because I've been looking for the perfect concealer all my adult life--- you know, the one that will cover dark circles, eye bags, and wrinkles magically without being seen.......well, Age Rewind isn't perfect, I don't think any concealer out there is, but for my skin, it's pretty darn good. I am 53, NW15, dark circles, puffiness, and wrinkles, and some oiliness thrown in for fun. This concealer goes on smooth, and dries quickly, so be prepared to blend fast. Matte finish, but not dry, minimal settling into fine lines. I always keep one in my purse.

on 4/13/2015 3:25:00 PM

Pros:
convenient packaging
good coverage
does not break me out
can be used all over face, not just under eyes

cons:
may highlight dry areas

on 4/12/2015 5:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I don't love the sponge, as it doesn't seems unhygienic , but the same could be said about those click pens or even doe foot applicators if you think about it. The doe foot goes right back in the tube so that could be the worst. Yet most people like them. It works and applies easily to the eye area. I like that they have a yellow and pink to color correct and regular colors. I have so many concealers ,as Idark circles and redness.. None are perfect. This has good pigment level. It can cake but doesn't if you don't over do it. Many use it under foundation or another concealer, as corrector/brightener. I have used it over too. It's not overly thick. it's liquid and dries fast. . It is meant for under the eyes, but it is good for anywhere. Nothing too different, but it's not a cream or wax. It's a bit more pigmented and than your typical liquid concealer and maybe thinner textture. It's not creamy at all. I am pale so these yellow and pink work on me. If you are darker toned, the correcting shades could look chalky, but they have a number or shade options. Nothing more to say about it.

on 4/12/2015 4:45:00 PM

Great drug store concealer, like the smell and constancy, doesn't crease or cake but the shade light (lightest one you can get in uk) does seem a little orange on my pale skin but when blender looks fine! Love the price, deffo a great substitute for high end brands.

on 4/9/2015 5:45:00 PM