Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.8

on 1/11/2015 5:54:00 PM

This stuff is a huge YES for me! I have dark circles and will always have dark circles due to my genetics. It is a chore trying to find a cover up that doesn't crease or that doesn't wear off. Its a fine line to walk. This stuff just does it. It corrects and conceals and makes my under eye area brighter and makes me look refreshed. Now some say to top this with another concealer but you really don't have to. I have bought 3 of these concealers and really haven't found anything that works better. I wouldn't mind if this came in a tube or stick though instead of the twist up container with a puff applicator, but really it could come any way and I'd still use it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this concealer since I'd heard so much good things about it, but I've had it for about 4 months now and I really don't like it at all. I have it in the shade Light, and the first time I tried it underneath my eyes I discovered fine lines under there that I never knew existed. For referance I'm 20 years old and I never really had an issue with concealers creasing on me. But this one does, - big time.

Now ofcourse you could set it with a powder. I hear a lot of people do that no matter what concealer they use. I just find that powder underneath the eyes gets cakey very easily. Also when I try to create the famous "triangle shape" with this concealer I feel like it just looks nothing like skin when you look at it close up. It settles into my tiny pores (I have normal skin leaning try), and just doesn't look good at all.

When it comes to concealing dark circles it does an okay job. And I thought I wouldn't like the applicator but I actually do. It's easy to apply with the sponge and then just tap it with your finger, it kind of blends all by itself.

on 1/11/2015 5:09:00 AM

I found this product too yellowy for my fair skin and the consistency is rather thick which creates a problem when trying to blend the product into your skin.I found that this was too dry for my skin and did not conceal blemishes very well.My skin is combination so I have trouble finding a concealer to suit it but I would highly suggest the maybelline fit me concealer as it adapts well to different skin tones and gives full coverage : )

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I Wanted to love this because everyone l loves it, but I just couldn't....it's not c very creamy, my tube never seems to give out enough product no matter how many times I twist it up. it's not very pigmented, and doesn't cover my dark circles well at all. I have it it the shade fair and the naturalizer shade, and still nothing. It settles, dries out my under eyes, and creases. I really do not like it....I will sadly not repurchase...

This did nothing for my under eye circles! It covered my pimples partially. I found this concealer useless

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have RIDICULOUSLY oily skin. This creased horribly under my eyes. I really liked the consistency, coverage and blend ability (not too fond of the sponge tipped applicator, it's kinda gross) but after about an hour, I had the concealer bunched up my eyes. I tried 5 different powders to set it, high end and drugstore but...nope. Sadly, this was a one time purchase for me.

on 1/3/2015 9:14:00 PM

I use this as a highlighter and it works great. however its texture is a little thick so it tends to form lines under my eyes. I'm not a fan of the sponge at the top..its hard to clean so applying it over and over gets a little gross

on 1/3/2015 3:49:00 AM

Good for a drugstore concealer, I got it in the 'brightener' shade, It is one of the better ones out there, however I have VERY dark, under eye circles and hollow bags, and it does not seem to do a lot in terms of covering them - although this is the same with most concealers.

It also comes off very pink on me (pale with yellow undertones), so I have to blend a concealer which matches my skin tone or my foundation, over the top, which can look a bit fake and cakey. Therefore next time i will get it in the light/ fair shade - not the brightener colour.

I also really like the packaging - especially the fluff ball applicator and the twist up bottom, its great as it shows you actually how much product is left, so you have plenty of warning to repurchase a new one.

Overall, a decent product for highlighting, but only for someone with eye bags which are not very dark.

on 1/3/2015 3:03:00 AM

I just got this and used it once and I already love it! I really loved the little spongey tip thing because I think its a really gentle way apply under eye concealer and I saw a difference right away, I really love maybelline.

on 1/2/2015 2:54:00 AM

The best concealers I have ever bought!

I have very dark circles under my eyes - the horrible black genetic kind. I have tried hundreds of concealers and highlighters. This is probably one of the best I have ever tried. My new favourite, will definitely buy again and again and again! I am 25 years old, have dry-normal skin, fair/medium.

HINT FOR THOSE WITH DARK CIRCLES: I recently watched this makeupgeek video where she talks about choosing a darker colour concealer and choosing the right apricot/salmon tones for your skin. For a long time I have chosen light concealers thinking that combats the darkness...but this lady explains that is not the bestw ay and actually makes you look more tired. WATCH IT. My dark circles look so much better with a more medium colour concealer!!

SO I bought this one in medium.

Pros
- Good long-wearing time. I work 10 hours shifts as a nurse and it's still 90% there by the time I finish a shift.
- Creamy, good amount of thickness (but not too thick), so good coverage
- Doesn't get cakey or make your fine lines look worse
- The apricot/orange undertone combacts the blue/purple dark circles
- The sponge/brush applicator is amazing! it is soft and I use it to pat the concealer into the skin gently around the eyes, and then blend in with my foundation.

Cons
- can't think of any at the moment - in comparison to all the concealers I have tried this is the best one yet!

So happy, dark circles are a long and irritating battle ha ha so annoying being told you look tired all the time! But with this concealer my dark circles look immediately better!

Video Reviews & Tutorials