Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Creme Brulee

3.6

Polybutene, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Neopentyl Glycol Dithylhexanoate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Zinc Ricinoleate, Squalane, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Synthetic Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Fragrance, BHT, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, May Contain:, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Carmine (CI 75470), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410)

on 1/21/2013 11:40:00 PM

Meh its okay. Doesn't last very long and is a bit too shimmery.

on 1/3/2013 2:10:00 AM

I love the colour of this lip butter! It looks gorgeous on me. It's funny as when I first bought lip butters, I wasn't very into nude shades and used to think, "Ew, who on earth would want nude lips?" Haha. I've definitely changed since then. To me, this has a toffee smell as well, which is nice. I love how moisturising this feels on my lips. It gives my lips a soft, bronze-y and nude look which I love. It stays on for a few hours - not that long though. It says even less with eating and drinking. However, I love it overall for the colour and how moisturising it is. I would purchase this product again.

on 12/19/2012 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It looked like I was wearing nothing. A total waste of money.

on 12/1/2012 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased mine based on the swatches I had seen online. I was pretty disappointed because this shade was not for me. I love the Revlon Lip Butter line in general, but 'Creme Brulee' was far too sheer and slightly frosty for my taste. Because of it's sheer and almost translucent colour, the natural colour of your lips will definitely alter the appearance of this. On me, it made my lips look sickly and washed me out. I gave it 2/5 because it feels nice on the lips and has great moisture content.

on 11/14/2012 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have tried a number of Revlon Lip Butters, returned several because they were too reddish, and kept six of them. Creme Bruleé is my 2nd favorite, after Gumdrop.
First, Lip Butters are not tinted lip balms. I dislike most lip balms, so i was wary of the hype at first, picking up only Gumdrop. But i was happy with its soft creamy lip color, so i decided to try some more.
Second, Lip Butters are soft so there is no need to screw them (or any lipstick) up very far to apply it. They may screw lipsticks way up in advertisements or movies, but in reality you only need any lipstick up just far enough to get color all over your lips. And with a product as soft as this, screwing it way up can lead to unnecessary breakage.
Lip Butters vary a bit in consistency; some are more sheer than others; some have frost, others don't. Because they are soft they wear off more quickly than some other lipsticks and need to be reapplied. This does not bother me at all. I expect to reapply a lipstick after drinking or eating.
Creme Bruleé is a terrific daily color for me. It is a muted light cool beige, not really sheer, but definitely not opaque. My lips are very blue-pink and this mutes them just enough for a good nude or neutral look, without the pasty dead appearance of a too-opaque nude lipstick, as it allows my natural color to peek through.
This one frequently finds a place in my purse makeup kit and always travels with me when i go out of town. But if you prefer a more strongly colored lip product this may not be for you.

on 11/13/2012 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first I enjoyed the color a lot on my lips and skin tone. But after a few month I noticed that it became a little bit sheer and the pigmentation was not as bold as it was before. Maybe I hadn't noticed it earlier but it kind of changed. Even with the bizarre change I still love it. It is very moisturizing and smooth and has a creme finish. I would say that it only last for an hour max maybe even less if your going to be eating lunch or drinking stuff. I believe that the lip butters should not even be called lipsticks because they really aren't. I think that they are just colored lip cream. Which $6.99 and up is a little bit pricey.

Other than that I really enjoy the color and plan on repurchasing.

on 11/12/2012 1:43:00 PM

Lately, I've been warming up my face with NYC Sunny bronzer and have been sporting dark eyes. When I first tried this lip butter a couple of months ago, I didn't like it because I thought it washed me out... but I was looking through my lippies recently for a more understated lip color. I picked up this lip butter again and HOLY MOLEY its gorgeous for a more understated color. I usually don't like frosty-looking lips, but this milky-tan color is not overly shimmery and it nudes out your lips just the right amount. My lips are very pigmented and my natural lip color still shows through the lip butter, which is probably why I feel like I don't look as washed out as compared to wearing a completely opaque nude lipstick. This formula is very moisturizing and forgiving if you have fine lines in your lips for product to sink into-- it goes on like a chapstick. I'm going through it pretty quickly but it wasn't too expensive anyways. I will def repurchase when I run out :) TRY IT! It's worth it! For reference I'm a NC30-35

on 11/6/2012 2:23:00 PM

I have been searching for a nice product to give me a not so dead looking nude lip. I saw this lip butter in a video on Youtube and thought I would give it a try. It gives a lovely nude lip. It isn't so nude that your lips match your face, but it gives a shimmery and warmer nude lip. It's become my new go to color for this look.
The only reason I didn't give it a full 5 stars is because it doesn't last as long as I would like. The staying power is a cople hours (maybe), and then I find myself pulling it back out to reapply.
But all in all, I love it and I would buy it again.

on 10/15/2012 9:18:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this hoping it would help out with my dry lips, while giving me a little more color than regular lip treatments.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the color. It had a lot more pigment than I expected. Creme Brulee is a pretty nude color that goes well with my fair skin without washing me out.

However, I did expect it to be a little more moisturizing than it is. It's pretty thick and a litte waxy, and didn't last long. My lips are overly dry this winter, so maybe it will work better when they are in better shape. I took off one star because they market it as a balm and it wasn't really all that moisturizing and I had to reapply constantly.

I do love it as a lipstick, and I will buy again for a reasonably priced, versatile nude color.

on 10/11/2012 3:43:00 PM

Creme Brulee is one of my four Revlon Lip Butters (I originally bought "Berry Smoothie," which I love, and went back and bought three more.) I really love the texture of these butters compared to a regular lipstick because they are so moisturizing! All of the colors offered seem to be very wearable.
PROS:
1. I love the packaging of these butters! They are absolutely adorable, with a removable cap that has the Colorstay quilt pattern on the front and back and changes color according to the product. The lipstick twists out.
2. The product stays on for a pretty good amount of time (I got a good 45 minutes the last time I attempted to keep track, with minimal eating and drinking.)
3. Very well pigmented!
CONS:
1. I got this color because I really was interested in the "nude lip" look. This color really does work well for that, but for some reason, it's just not my favorite. It's not 100% opaque; it does give your lips a nude shine but you can still see some of the color of your lips through it.
2. There isn't much in the tube. (This might last you, depending on how often you wear it, anywhere from 3-7 weeks.)
3. After taking the cap off, as you can see in some of the pictures, the butter twists out of a silver tube. After application, the area right under the top of the tube gets dirty and shows excess product.

Overall, for $6.99, I would not go back and buy this color again. However, I am very likely to buy Berry Smoothie again, so it's really just up to your color preference. Hope this helps!
SparklyBeauty