September 1, 2014 | 1995 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Creme Brulee

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried a number of Revlon Lip Butters, returned several because they were too reddish, and kept six of them. Creme Brule is my 2nd favorite, after Gumdrop.
First, Lip Butters are not tinted lip balms. I dislike most lip balms, so i was wary of the hype at first, picking up only Gumdrop. But i was happy with its soft creamy lip color, so i decided to try some more.
Second, Lip Butters are soft so there is no need to screw them (or any lipstick) up very far to apply it. They may screw lipsticks way up in advertisements or movies, but in reality you only need any lipstick up just far enough to get color all over your lips. And with a product as soft as this, screwing it way up can lead to unnecessary breakage.
Lip Butters vary a bit in consistency; some are more sheer than others; some have frost, others don't. Because they are soft they wear off more quickly than some other lipsticks and need to be reapplied. This does not bother me at all. I expect to reapply a lipstick after drinking or eating.
Creme Brule is a terrific daily color for me. It is a muted light cool beige, not really sheer, but definitely not opaque. My lips are very blue-pink and this mutes them just enough for a good nude or neutral look, without the pasty dead appearance of a too-opaque nude lipstick, as it allows my natural color to peek through.
This one frequently finds a place in my purse makeup kit and always travels with me when i go out of town. But if you prefer a more strongly colored lip product this may not be for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by ReenaDao

At first I enjoyed the color a lot on my lips and skin tone. But after a few month I noticed that it became a little bit sheer and the pigmentation was not as bold as it was before. Maybe I hadn't noticed it earlier but it kind of changed. Even with the bizarre change I still love it. It is very moisturizing and smooth and has a creme finish. I would say that it only last for an hour max maybe even less if your going to be eating lunch or drinking stuff. I believe that the lip butters should not even be called lipsticks because they really aren't. I think that they are just colored lip cream. Which $6.99 and up is a little bit pricey.

Other than that I really enjoy the color and plan on repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by flukii

Lately, I've been warming up my face with NYC Sunny bronzer and have been sporting dark eyes. When I first tried this lip butter a couple of months ago, I didn't like it because I thought it washed me out... but I was looking through my lippies recently for a more understated lip color. I picked up this lip butter again and HOLY MOLEY its gorgeous for a more understated color. I usually don't like frosty-looking lips, but this milky-tan color is not overly shimmery and it nudes out your lips just the right amount. My lips are very pigmented and my natural lip color still shows through the lip butter, which is probably why I feel like I don't look as washed out as compared to wearing a completely opaque nude lipstick. This formula is very moisturizing and forgiving if you have fine lines in your lips for product to sink into-- it goes on like a chapstick. I'm going through it pretty quickly but it wasn't too expensive anyways. I will def repurchase when I run out :) TRY IT! It's worth it! For reference I'm a NC30-35

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by DW1989

I have been searching for a nice product to give me a not so dead looking nude lip. I saw this lip butter in a video on Youtube and thought I would give it a try. It gives a lovely nude lip. It isn't so nude that your lips match your face, but it gives a shimmery and warmer nude lip. It's become my new go to color for this look.
The only reason I didn't give it a full 5 stars is because it doesn't last as long as I would like. The staying power is a cople hours (maybe), and then I find myself pulling it back out to reapply.
But all in all, I love it and I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by backhome22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this hoping it would help out with my dry lips, while giving me a little more color than regular lip treatments.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the color. It had a lot more pigment than I expected. Creme Brulee is a pretty nude color that goes well with my fair skin without washing me out.

However, I did expect it to be a little more moisturizing than it is. It's pretty thick and a litte waxy, and didn't last long. My lips are overly dry this winter, so maybe it will work better when they are in better shape. I took off one star because they market it as a balm and it wasn't really all that moisturizing and I had to reapply constantly.

I do love it as a lipstick, and I will buy again for a reasonably priced, versatile nude color.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by SparklyBeauty

Creme Brulee is one of my four Revlon Lip Butters (I originally bought "Berry Smoothie," which I love, and went back and bought three more.) I really love the texture of these butters compared to a regular lipstick because they are so moisturizing! All of the colors offered seem to be very wearable.
PROS:
1. I love the packaging of these butters! They are absolutely adorable, with a removable cap that has the Colorstay quilt pattern on the front and back and changes color according to the product. The lipstick twists out.
2. The product stays on for a pretty good amount of time (I got a good 45 minutes the last time I attempted to keep track, with minimal eating and drinking.)
3. Very well pigmented!
CONS:
1. I got this color because I really was interested in the "nude lip" look. This color really does work well for that, but for some reason, it's just not my favorite. It's not 100% opaque; it does give your lips a nude shine but you can still see some of the color of your lips through it.
2. There isn't much in the tube. (This might last you, depending on how often you wear it, anywhere from 3-7 weeks.)
3. After taking the cap off, as you can see in some of the pictures, the butter twists out of a silver tube. After application, the area right under the top of the tube gets dirty and shows excess product.

Overall, for $6.99, I would not go back and buy this color again. However, I am very likely to buy Berry Smoothie again, so it's really just up to your color preference. Hope this helps!
SparklyBeauty

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Annabells117

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pale milky tan. Could've been named "Latte." I thought this would be a nice warm nude, but it's too brownish & frosty for me. If it was the same color base but had gold shimmers like Peach Parfait lip butter, I would love it.

Unfortunately it's 1 of my favorite lip butters. I own almost all of them. I have fair neutral, yellow tone NC 20 skin, blonde hair & blue eyes. Creme Brle looks like my skin color but frosty brown. With my blonde hair, it almost makes my lips green cast. That makes no sense, but I even noticed it in photos- which I untagged lol. Basically, it looks like I'm ill. I don't really understand it tbh. Normally, ladies with my coloring can wear virtually any nude lip shade. But I guess not frosty brown. I'm wondering if this looks better on tan or cool tone skin.

The texture of the Revlon lip butters is moisturizing. This one is streaky. It's not longwearing. You will need to reapply after eating or drinking. I don't mind that. It doesn't have a smell or taste. The price is good. I will say that you'll use it up quite quickly. Also, be careful as these are soft and will smush.

Overall, I don't like the color or the consistency of this particular shade, but it does have some of the nice qualities of Revlon lip butters. I don't feel they do a good nude, but I'd prefer Creamsicle over this 1 (if you have my coloring).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Ruiz4books

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love all the Revlon Lip Butters and this one is among my top favorites. Application is amazing, it glides on smoothly and feels creamy on the lips (something I like). It never dries out my lips, which is something that a lot of lip products do and it leaves a nice glossy finish. The color is a beautiful nude that doesn't give me corpse lips. I find myself reaching for this whenever I want my eyes to be the focus. A lot of people seem to have trouble with the lasting power but I think they're are being unrealistic. This color will last 2-3 hours on my lips before it starts fading which is plenty enough time for me. If I'm eating or drinking, it fades sooner which happens to all lip products. This product doesn't claim to be long wearing so I expect to reapply it if I want all day color. I choose this product because of its moisture. If I want long wearing, I'll pick another product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by laxgirl2332

amazing product! beatiful nude shade. It's so mostiruzing, it feels like your putting on chapsitck, but it has great color to it. This is a gorgeous nude color, my only complaint is that you have to reapply it a lot to get it to stay on. Would def buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by ilovemyxb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok so i have been wanting a nude lip for like 5 years now... my lips are pretty red on there own, so i want sure how to get get them nude... i usually wear reddish colors cuz its not that far from my natural lip color. i asked around what color maight be good and some one recmd this. the very next day (yesterday, saturday) i ran out to get it... i liked the color in the tube and on my hand so i got it. when i did my make up i liked the way my lips felt after butting this on... but... im not really sure its right for me.. it kinda looked like an off whitesh color... idk... im thinkin maybe i need a lip liner to maybe off set the color a bit... idk. but it wasnt o much money but i dont know if i can return it and get a different one... but it did make my lips feel really good!