October 22, 2014 | 1705 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This eyeliner is really something special. It is the only liner, in any form, that lasts on my waterline. And I mean all day, from when I do my makeup at 7:30 am to when I get home from the gym at 8 pm.
It glides on nicely (I use the Maybelline eye studio gel liner brush) and works well for tightlining too. I wish I could find it in other colors than black!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Christinegem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS. Incredibly black, long lasting, pigmented, smooth, easy to work with and is easy to take off if u have a makeup remover or moisturizer would do too. Overall I love it and it's perfect and cheap so give it a try or u'd be missing out aha only downside is that ur eyeliner brush gets all crusty when it dries and when u take off the eyeliner it's crusty but really no one cares about that and it's no big deal at all aha BUY IT NOW it's awesome. I find it better than the maybelline gel liner because it doesn't transfer to my eyelids (the maybelline I had wasnt waterproof but it still shouldnt transfer) just go buy the essence now :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by oatmeal15

Best eyeliner I've used.. it lasts all day, with good pigmentation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have this in the shade "midnight in Paris" aka black. I'm not a big fan of gel eyeliner but I like this one. The consistency is very smooth and easy to apply but I can only apply it on 2/3 of my eye because when I apply it on my 1/3 inner corner it will smudge,no matter what! I tried to set it with a black eyeshadow but it will still smudge hence the 4 stars. Maybe because i have watery eyes idk. The price is great,it last a long time. I've had mine for almost a year and still going strong,no drying whatsoever. Yes,I will buy it again and again. I don't see the point of spending $9 &up for a drugstore gel eyeliner,might as well pay the extra bucks and get a high end one. Get this one instead for $3 and your wallet will thank you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Many jars of this later I am still in love with it I only wish they would do some more fun colored ones maybe some neon ones. Formula is epic and for only 3 dollars at ulta it is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely freaking love this product. So far, it's my holy grail eyeliner.
Most eyeliners smudge on me. Regardless of the formula, whether it's a pencil, a gel, or liquid, it won't last on my extremely oily skin. It'll smudge or flake, even melt at the corner of my eyes sometimes. So far, this stuff hasn't. It's lasted over 6 hours on me, still looking as perfect as it was when I applied it.
I have the colour Midnight in Paris and it's a nice, dark black. I don't think this is the blackest gel liner, but it's still very dark. It's pretty pigmented too, but not 100% opaque in one swipe. The texture of this is sort of light... It's smooth and creamy, yet has a slightly fluffy texture reminiscent of a mousse. It's very easy to work with, but it's this texture that makes it difficult to get a completely opaque line without a couple more strokes.
I apply this by taking an angled eyeliner brush and scooping a small amount of the product onto the back of my hand. I then sweep the brush through the glob of liner to coat the brush, and remove any excess. From there I draw my winged liner. It dries VERY quickly. I find that this is easy to remove off of the brush afterwards (unlike the Maybelline gel liner.. that stuff doesn't wash off my brushes :/) but the glob left on my hand takes quite a bit of elbow grease to get off. You can certainly tell it's long lasting!
The only thing I don't love about this product is the packaging. It's okay. It comes in a small glass jar with a plastic lid that has the brand, the product name, and this rounded square motif on it. Yes, this product is dirt cheap (got it for about $3 from Shoppers Drug Mart for 3g), but that doesn't mean it has to look like its price! The cap looks cheap and reminds me of children's makeup. The choice of font doesn't help either... Oh well, at least it's not wet n wild-esque. Thumbs up for a glass jar though. Keeps the product from drying out as fast.
Overall, definitely going to repurchase this when I run out, and recommend this to anyone who's looking for an awesome gel liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

thought this was pretty darn great!
good pigmentation, rich color, CHEAP, and just a really great gel liner! :)
the consistency is reaaally creamy, im used the the maybelline studio one which does harden a bit but i dont have much issue, but this one is suppper slippery/creamy, which can be a good and bad thing. it made it harder to work for me personally

dries semi matte
i really do recommend this liner!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by imaiyarules

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the best makeup purchases I've ever made. I forget how much it was exactly now, but it was deff. no more than 4$ Canadian at Shoppers Drug Mart. The product is so creamy and easy to use. It is extremely black and doesn't budge, even on my oily lids. Moreover, you get tons of product for the price. I can't speak on the eyeliner brush Essence makes, but I want to try it out!

My only complaint is that Shoppers doesn't carry more colours :( Seriously, if you want to try a gel eyeliner, LOOK NO FURTHER. Absolutely incredible value, price aside; I think this could compete with any higher end brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by bettybear135

It's almost ALMOST a perfect gel liner. It's soooo rich, smooth, pigmented, creamy and it's dirt cheap. HOWEVER, it creases a lot more than most of my eyeliners. Even if I set this with a powder, or wear a primer underneath, it still creates a raccoonie look, not so pretty:/ but than again, I have super oily eyelids, so it might be just me. If you have dry skin, this will be your holy grail;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by bittertown

I've literally used this almost every day for a year, and I still haven't finished it. This eyeliner is absolutely fantastic. Very creamy, and easy to work with, dries fairly quickly, doesn't budge once you apply. It also helps that it's dirt cheap (I think I bought it for three to four dollars at Ulta). I seriously love this stuff, and would definitely repurchase!