Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight In Paris 01

4.6

ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PARAFFIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

on 3/4/2014 4:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

HELP!! This product seems to be discontinued.. Can't find it on their website, sent them an e-mail and waiting for them to reply. But I do see recent posts.. I live in NL and it's out of store. If I would have known I would have stashed!! So sad; I hope it will be renewed or something. Does anybody know?

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I can't belive I have not reviewed this product yet! I have had it for over a year and it still not empty or dried out like the Mac gel pot gets. its very black stays in place easy to remove with a makeup remover of your choice (I use origins oil cleanser or ponds) it will give you clean lines or you can smudge it very quickly, cause it sets fast. but over all cheap large size and works well. Just as good as the more expensive gel pots if not better.

on 2/15/2014 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I'm so amazed by Essence products! Can't go wrong with this gel liner, comparable to the well love Maybelline liners but a fraction of the cost. I paid $3 or $4 CAN for this at Shoppers Drug Mart.

on 2/6/2014 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is honestly the best gel liner I have tried. Previously I had tried a couple of gel liners from drugstore to high end, but none of those add up to the essence one!! I hate glossy finishes on my liner, and I LOVE the fact that this has a matte finish. I got mine from Ulta for no more than $3!!! Def bang for your buck

on 1/30/2014 7:54:00 AM

I don't have much to say about this liner, other that I love it. It's very black and pigmented. It stays on all day. I can't compare it to gel liners from other brands, because I never tried one, but I know for sure that a lot of people prefer it over the raved Maybelline one, MAC, etc. (at least "Melmphs" on YouTube does :) )

on 1/26/2014 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i looove this eyeliner! its soo creamy and pigmented. i use it with various brushes (whichever is clean really) and i cant complain about it. BUT it does irritate my contacts. If i get this eyeliner on my contacts... i have to rinse my contacts out and bear with teary eyes for an hour or so. but otherwise i love this!

on 1/26/2014 2:58:00 PM

It glides on smooth, easy to control, very very pigmented, waterproof. I love it.

People are saying it takes too long to set but I just use a black eyeshadow on top and it seems to stay in places all day. I do a pretty big wing so transfers to my crease cause it's pretty greasy but i think that's just the eyeshadow, and my maybelline one used to run down the out corners of my eyes. I like this one way more and its significantly cheaper.

AND CRUELTY FREE

on 1/5/2014 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It is a cheap eyeliner but I find it useless, it smudges and doesn't seems to set.

on 12/11/2013 4:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is a great eyeliner with a very good staying power.
I even used it on my waterline and it didn't irritate my eyes.

It is very sad this product was DISCONTINUED. At least in Greece it is.
Bring it back!!!

on 12/9/2013 1:35:00 PM

Recently I went to Sephora and one of the artists taught me a weird technique of pushing gel eyeliner into the root of your lashes from UNDERNEATH. You pull your eyelid up and just smoosh in the eyeliner with an eyeliner brush...this forms a subtle line that makes your lashes look fuller. (I also look terrible with eyeliner ABOVE my lashline, so this was a cool trick to learn!) There is a certain name for this technique, but I've forgotten it.

Anyway, it works best with a waterproof gel eyeliner, which I didn't have and didn't want to buy the super expensive Nars eyeliner the artist used on me, so I used what I had, which was the Essence gel eyeliner.

It does migrate onto my undereye area a BIT during the day, but a quick swipe of my finger gets rid of that.

Overall I'm really loving this product. I've used a gel eyeliner before, I forget which brand but I know it was purchased from Sephora (probably a MUF or Stila?) and I remember it dryed out in the pot RIGHT AWAY! I've had the Essence eyeliner for over a year and it's still nice and moist in the pot!

I totally recommend trying this!

(I have it in black...not sure if they make other colours now?)