November 28, 2014 | 1851 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by redhead1982

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dry, dry, dry! I LOVE the shade, but the texture is so dry it needs a lip balm underneath or a clear gloss on top, which makes the staying power non-existent. I much prefer Clinique's Butter Shine lipsticks for texture, but have a problem with staying power there as well since they're SO moisturizing. I guess I should just avoid any lip product with "butter' in the name. *sigh*

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Radmosaic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous 1940s rust red. I'm light olivey with brown eyes and hair with henna red in my hair which Red Velvet compliments beautifully. Its a burnt leave autumn red glowy lipstick. Sheer with one layer. Not too shiny but feels moist. Blotted it leaves a red stain matte look. Build up the layers and its a deeper brown red. But caution with any chapped areas because then the color is uneven. Must buff lips!
A very pretty and classic red with a modern moist twist! I love the packaging too.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by klumsy

I had bought 3 Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters when they were first released because I was so excited about the variety of colors. I do love the classic red color that Red Velvet gives to the lips however, it does take me a couple of applications to get a deep red color. This lipstick is light and creamy which is nice but the color does not last very long. I love the range of Revlon Lip Butter colors and the moisturizing texture of this product but because the color doesn't last long and the color payoff is a bit weak, I don't think I'd buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I feel like ever since Fall hit, there have been so many more reviews for this shade. Probably because this is a great Fall color! I purchased Cherry Tart in early summer and it is the perfect red for me. Not in your face, but red cupie doll lips...loved it. Well fast forward to full on autumn and when I went to put it on with a white shirt and a pair of jeans, it felt a bit too summery on my NW20 complexion. I thought..."hmmm this isn't quite right anymore...let me try Red Velvet." And bam! It transformed my simple look from a seasonally inappropriate feel to autumn perfection. Now I had Red Velvet in my reserve pile because when I tried it in the summer it felt too dark. I am sure Cherry Tart will look nice with some outfits in the colder months, but I love having Red Velvet as my fall/winter red (w/Blushing Bride blush). And Cherry Tart as my spring/summer red (with Tipsy blush). The only red I am still having trouble working on me from the Lip Butters is Candy Apple...it skews a touch too orange on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by MaryMarvel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the colour, I must admit. It's a nice tone of red, dark aswell. But my true disappointment is how the colour vanishes easily. It never stays on me much. But I guess that's too much to expect from a lipbutter. This is my least favourite in Revlon's lipbutters.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by CynicalCind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I convinced my mother to buy this product because she was looking for a nice lip color that wasnt heavy and was buildable. She tried the product and said that she loved it and that it complements her dark brown eyes and medium tanned skin. I also tried on the lip butter and it goes on sooo smoothly and doesnt' feel greasy, dry or sticky! It also complements my light/medium skin, dark black hair and dark brown eyes. I totally recommend this product 100%

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by theluscioushellcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very fair skin, light olivey-brown freckles, red hair and dark brown eyes. A lot of colors either clash or look muddy on me. Red Velvet is workable for me. I note that my sisters here refer to this as brick red - and I guess that would depend on whether your local bricks have more of a blue or an orange tone. I get the blue, not the orange. It is quite good, applied very sparingly for day. I might blot it and then follow with a lip gloss. Or just apply to my lower lip and moosh my lips together. It is more pigmented than the other colors (plum and fig) I have tried from this line. Applied more generously, it would be elegant for evening. . Like all the other shades of Lip Butter, you get a very nice moisturization that isn't heavy, sticky, or greasy. No fragrance or taste. I live in Colorado where it is quite dry so any and all lip moisturization is welcome!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Indigo1707

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love the Revlon lip butters--currently I only own Pink Truffle and Red Velvet, but even just those two shades have proven to be so versatile and easy to reach for that I hardly need many other lipsticks, to be honest. Red Velvet is a quite pigmented creamy deep neutral red, an absolutely gorgeous shade. Usually I have to go for things that are strictly "cool-toned" due to the fact that most things pull too warm/orange on my NW10-or-lighter skin, but this works great on me, and I feel like it is one of those shades that would be flattering on almost anybody. The texture is fantastic--so smooth and easy to wear! The one thing I will say is that this doesn't have the greatest lasting power as it is somewhere in between a lipstick and a lip balm, however, its balm-like texture is versatile--I oftentimes put Red Velvet under brighter matte red lipsticks to deepen up the color and keep my lips from drying out. A diamond in the drugstore-rough!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was surprised at how much color this provided. I expected a very sheer red, but it's nicely saturated. Good moisture and enough color with no funny scent. Good product for summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

The most gorgeous burgundy wine/maroon red with a blue base on my skintone. This is the only true red I will ever wear as usually I hate red lipsticks but the blue tones make it more plum toned on me which I like as plums are the only dark tones I will wear. the sheer formula makes it easy to wear. works with or without a lip liner, at this stage this is the only Lip Butter I have repurchased with a backup the others I have used up/given away as they don't suit me like this does - this is the only red I have ever owned that I enjoy wearing.