April 20, 2014 | 944 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by CynicalCind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I convinced my mother to buy this product because she was looking for a nice lip color that wasnt heavy and was buildable. She tried the product and said that she loved it and that it complements her dark brown eyes and medium tanned skin. I also tried on the lip butter and it goes on sooo smoothly and doesnt' feel greasy, dry or sticky! It also complements my light/medium skin, dark black hair and dark brown eyes. I totally recommend this product 100%

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by theluscioushellcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very fair skin, light olivey-brown freckles, red hair and dark brown eyes. A lot of colors either clash or look muddy on me. Red Velvet is workable for me. I note that my sisters here refer to this as brick red - and I guess that would depend on whether your local bricks have more of a blue or an orange tone. I get the blue, not the orange. It is quite good, applied very sparingly for day. I might blot it and then follow with a lip gloss. Or just apply to my lower lip and moosh my lips together. It is more pigmented than the other colors (plum and fig) I have tried from this line. Applied more generously, it would be elegant for evening. . Like all the other shades of Lip Butter, you get a very nice moisturization that isn't heavy, sticky, or greasy. No fragrance or taste. I live in Colorado where it is quite dry so any and all lip moisturization is welcome!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Indigo1707

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love the Revlon lip butters--currently I only own Pink Truffle and Red Velvet, but even just those two shades have proven to be so versatile and easy to reach for that I hardly need many other lipsticks, to be honest. Red Velvet is a quite pigmented creamy deep neutral red, an absolutely gorgeous shade. Usually I have to go for things that are strictly "cool-toned" due to the fact that most things pull too warm/orange on my NW10-or-lighter skin, but this works great on me, and I feel like it is one of those shades that would be flattering on almost anybody. The texture is fantastic--so smooth and easy to wear! The one thing I will say is that this doesn't have the greatest lasting power as it is somewhere in between a lipstick and a lip balm, however, its balm-like texture is versatile--I oftentimes put Red Velvet under brighter matte red lipsticks to deepen up the color and keep my lips from drying out. A diamond in the drugstore-rough!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was surprised at how much color this provided. I expected a very sheer red, but it's nicely saturated. Good moisture and enough color with no funny scent. Good product for summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

The most gorgeous burgundy wine/maroon red with a blue base on my skintone. This is the only true red I will ever wear as usually I hate red lipsticks but the blue tones make it more plum toned on me which I like as plums are the only dark tones I will wear. the sheer formula makes it easy to wear. Will repurchase if I ever run out, but I have several other shades of these that I use more than this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

This review is NOT based on the quality of the Revlon Lip Butter, but rather for the colour Red Velvet.
I'm in total love with this colour!
I usually only swipe this on my lower lips, pressed my lips together, and then even it out with my fingers.
It's got a dark reddish tint, yet the way I apply, it still looks sheer, so it's still my lips, just more vampy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by 8ubble6umpink

I love the color and the feel, I just feel that compared to the other pinks on this collection, this one is a bit less moisturizing than the rest but still better than lipstick feel. I will definitely be using this color a lot in the fall. I feel is too much for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by dpet0153

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this shade. I have slowly built up my own small collection of these magical lipsticks, or butters if you will. I have all of the red shades, and this one is my favorite! It's darker than any of the lip butters I own, and it can be easy to create a dramatic look if you're adventurous enough. However, you can just as easily create a more muted look if you apply it sparingly. I sometimes layer it with my cherry tart rlb so it doesn't look SO vampy. There's really not much else to say, there's really no surprises here, you get a deep red color that lives up to its name. And it's awesome. Well played Revlon.
Edit: I've found this to turn sort of pink on me as it wears, therefore I don't use it as much, still not bad though

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by BornPrettyReviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love red lips, so classy! but this one really blew my mind, stayed on while having dinner(!!) and drinking too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by latoyaoneall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful rich red color. I would have to say this is one of the more pigmented of the lip butters and it's absolutely gorgeous especially for date night or a night on the town. As usual, this is super moisturizing and super pigmented. I highly recommend, and cant say enough great things about this lipstick!!!!