October 25, 2014 | 1171 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Teruma

I wanted to like this foundation but it just didn't work for me. I like the way it looks on my skin, and it is hydrating, but I just can't get past the smell of it: it smells like wall paint. And it transfers on napkins and phones and people...
I ended up giving it away so I could buy a different one.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by nunyabidniz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Giving samples just isn't done in my neck of the woods, so I generally have to take the advice of the consultants at the make-up counter and buy full sized products before finding out that they don't work for me (to put it mildly). This was just another one of those products; sadly, not even heavy enough to be an effective doorstop.
The color was way off, and not just a little bit - I had to completely re-do my foundation and primer before heading out the door because my face was y e l l o w after putting this stuff on. Even without the bizarre coloring, the makeup finish itself wasn't that great, nor was the coverage.
Will save my make-up purchases for trips out of country from now on. With the money I save from not buying products untested, that should be easy enough!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by tcsw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you have extremely dry skin like myself and like a dewy finish then this product is perfect. Litmus test is that I can hold a magnification mirror up close and not see patchy foundation sitting on the surface, in fact it's the only foundation I have used whereby I cannot see it visibly on the surface! It definitely looks natural. However the coverage is not that great if you have very uneven skintone. I mix it with Mac matchmaster for areas that need more coverage, i.e around the nose t-zone.
I use 20 clair cameo and it's perfect match for my oirental complexion.

The Vitalumiere Aqua has a better coverage despite the name, however the colours available do not suit oriental colour skin. The nearest they have is beige which in natural light you can see it is far too dark. Don't presume the shades for different ranges of Chanel foundation match even though the shade number is the same.

I have tried so many foundations, mineralize, laura mercier tinted etc but this one is really made for dry skin, even really flaky areas appear moisturised. Foundation should enhance skin not hide it and this foundation definitely does that.

I wasn't sure about 'designer' foundations until I saw a lot of make up artists recommend Chanel.

It is more expensive but there is something unique about the formula that makes is near invisible to the eye on closer inspection. I use about 2 pumps to cover my face, bearing in mind I have moisturized beforehand.

Hope this helps if you are considering investing in a foundation and you have dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by sucker4makeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is not my holy grail, but it is a close 2nd. My holy grail foundations is (and has been since 2008) Guerlain Parure Extreme. I recently tried the Chanel after reading so many great reviews on it. It is a truly wonderful product - the smell is beautiful, it is light, smooth, and silky to the touch and the finish provides a glowing, radiant, soft-focus effect. Then what is the problem, you ask? Not enough coverege...by just a hair. I have very blemish free skin, but have a mild case of rosacea, which causes redness in certain areas. This foundation does not cover it quite enough, on days when it is a little extra red/irritated. This is when I must pull out my trusting, beloved Guerlain. [I tried using the Chanel and adding a little concealer (Cle de Peau) but this ruins the finish, giving me a little bit of a waxy/chalky look. So...I do not like putting concealer over this - I use it straight up, or not at all.] However, on those days when the redness is at bay, I love nothing more than to use the Chanel as the finish is more beautiful than the Guerlain. But either way, I am truly in love with both and don't think I will try another foundation for a long while. FYI, I am a NW20 and use this in #20 Clair and the Guerlain in #02 Beige Clair. Both of these shades are a bit warmer than the true NW20 but I prefer this, as it cancels out some of the redness on my face and gives my skin a more neutral look - foundations with pink in them just exacerbate this (it took me many years to figure this out!) One final comment - the packaging is a little annoying, as the cap does not stay on very well. When I have taken this with me on trips, the black cap ends up in a different part of the bag and a tiny bit of the foundation creeps out, making a wee bit of a mess. So, I really wish they could make an improvement on the stability of the cap. Other than that, very minor complaints and this stuff is overall, highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Roselove

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this foundation, it goes on so smoothly and really gives a nice glow to my skin. I dint think it is too oily at all! I have dry skin with a little bit of redness on my nose. It really evens out my skin tone very nicely. The reason I gave it four stars instead of five is because the SA was very snobby and kept trying to push other products on me, basically telling me that I don't take care of my skin. I felt quite insulted because I take very good care of my skin, I just use different products other than chanel. So I got my sample and ordered it online at Nordstrom. I refused to give her the sale!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by lap421

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very oily on skin, thought it would help moisturize my dry skin and give me a glow. Although the color was close to perfect, horrible breakouts after just a few hours on my skin. Very disappointed!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sweetsweetchristine

It was such a hugh disappointment! I was looking for a winter foundation and I went straight to the Chanel counter at Selfridges as I had such a good experience with Perfection Lumiere. So I tried it on at the counter, fell in love with the foundation and bought it home. The next day when I apply it, I found out I completely hate this foundation! The consistency is really light and liquidly and it gives you a super dewy finish. I use 20 and it turns out to be very yellow on me! It is so yellow that I almost looked like I had fake tan on! Also, this foundation oxidises after only 2 hours of wearing, which I have never experienced with any other Chanel makeup before. When it oxidises it gives you a very strange greyish colour that would make you think whether you are poisoned. At the end, I used it twice and never touched it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ccbenefitxo

After trying to find a foundation that was moisturising, didn't cling to my dry patches and gave me a lovely healthy dewy glow, i found vitalumiere.
I went to selfridges and got a colour match (i was 20, clair) and the consultant gave me a sample. I was so excited to try this foundation and the first day i tried it, i absolutely loved it.. i felt it covered really well, i'd say its a medium coverage as it gave a nice even layer without looking caked in makeup.
Throughout the day i felt it was getting slightly more shiny than a dewy glow, however the next day i wore it i applied a primer that had dry silicone in it so my natural oils didn't come through as much and applied more mineral powder than i did the day before. After doing this it made the foundation so much better, still had a nice dewy glow but without looking greasy and lasted all day.
HOWEVER- this evening i've noticed i've come out in a few spots, i don't know whether this is because i'm trying different foundations and my skins not used to it or if it the foundation. I'm hoping its not as i have ordered it now. Does anyone know if it is non-comedogenic? Overall i love this foundation but seriously hoping it doesn't break me out!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by pinkfairybun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Because I live in very very cold and dry weather, this foundation is absouletely perfect. My skin is naturally quite dry and having to battle against the cold windy weather isn't helpful either. The foundation is really nice for a glowy texture, adds a lot of radiance and smoothness to the skin. However sometimes when it gets hot indoors and I sweat a bit, it does look a bit on the oily side just around the nose area but then again I do not use powder over my face. Overall the product is quite nice, a stronger and smoother version of the vitalumiere aqua. Worth the investment

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Anyone breakout-prone please check and research the ingredients before you buy this (like I wish I did)! The second ingredient is Ethylhexyl Palmitate which is highly comedogenic. I used this on clear skin for 1 day (probably wore it for around 8 hours) and by the evening my skin was a congested mess, it almost looked grey it was so dull. I also noticed tons of clogged pores and blackheads. So this has extreme potential to cause cosmetic acne - I am sure it would have if I had continued using it. As for the staying power, one of the poorest I have experienced - it is also highly transferable. It is also overpoweringly scented, another hate of mine (and a possible irritant for sensitive skin). I would recommend this for those with dry, non-sensitive, non-breakout prone skin. As for me, I would never touch this stuff again and I expected much more from Chanel.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No