Garnier Dark Spot Treatment

3.2

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Ascorbic Acid (Pure Vitamin C), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cyclohexasiloxane, Potassium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Sodium Styrene/MA Copolymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Alcohol, Benzylsalicylate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Carbomer, Citral, Retinol, Citrus Medica Limonum Extract/Lemon Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Gentiana Lutea Extract/Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Geraniol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Arbutin, Limonene, Linalool, Nylon-12, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Salicylic Acid, Sodium, Anisate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance

on 3/21/2013 7:32:00 PM

I was very pleased to see this kind of treatment from a drugstore brand, and i really wanted to try it out the first time i saw it.

I have oily skin which is acne prone, for reference.

I have a few bad experiences with some products, so i always make sure they are oil free and non comedogenic, so it's less risky to get breakouts. And this product claimed that, so i thought it was secure to use it...

I have a few dark spots on my cheeks due to past breakouts, so i was looking for something to help with that.

I think the packaging is ok, it's a metalic tube and you have to squeeze the product.

It has a perfume smell and it's strong, but kind of pleasant. A few minutes after i apply it i had an oil film on my skin, so i only used it at night. Plus, when i tried to apply foundation over it, it made my skin feel tacky, even with powder on top, so i gave up using it during daytime.

I used it for over a month, maybe 6 weeks total, and i'm really ashamed of myself, just because i should have "listened" to my skin.

After the first week i started to breakout really bad, but i thought it was my skin adapting itself to the active ingredient, so i insisted. The breakouts were tooking a really long time to go away, but i insisted...

So, a few weeks later, i finally saw how far my skin went. It was looking really bad, not healthy looking at all, it was dull. And i had bumps under my skin all over my forehead, chin and around my mouth. My skin texture felt soooo rough, and my makeup looked horrible on, you could see the bumps everywhere. So i made my best decision and STOPPED USING IT! I wish i read the reviews here on MUA first :-(

So, it's been less that two weeks since i stopped using it, and OMG, my skin has recover so well!!! I came back to my clinique moisturising gel and my jojoba oil, and the texture and breakouts have improved a LOT! My skin feels really soft and it looks more radiant and healthy. The bumps are almost all gone by now...

So, i do not recommend this product at all, i don't wanna take that much of responsability.. I was left with even more dark spots (BIG dark spots) on my cheeks due to the breakouts this product gave me, so what's the point???

on 3/8/2013 1:45:00 AM

I was using kiehls vit c fader and now use this for the mornings - it's so cheap and the packaging craps all over kiehls; its in a great opaque, aluminium tube so keeps the active ingredient - vitamin c - active. I use this for over all brightness enhancing, it's smoothing, softening and gives good glow and sinks into your skin instantly, not greasy at all. I use it as a serum under my SPF 30 moisteriser after morning cleansing. I don't know if it fades freckles but it helps with fading my pimple scars post break out. Will purchase again :)

on 2/28/2013 8:31:00 PM

I found that this product is actually quite good! It hasn't caused me to break out, it's very refreshing and doesn't leave my face feeling oily. It's also really good to apply foundation straight after, as it allows it to glide on your face smoothly instead of having to pull at your skin too much to apply the foundation. I've been using this product for a week now and my complexion does look brighter and my spots have faded just slightly. This is a cheap product too and you get heaps of it !

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I've been using this twice a day for the past few weeks and although my skin in feeling nice, my dark spots have not faded. It's a nice light moisturizer and the packaging is good for keeping the product nice but I wont be repurchasing as I wanted it purely for my acne scars.

on 1/25/2013 3:31:00 AM

I had been looking for a product to lighten my acne scars since I have a horrible habit of popping and picking at my face. I did not want to spend a ton of money on a product so this seemed worth it considering its around 20 bucks. I figured if it did not work as it said, it wasn't like i shelled out 50 bucks for a product to just sit in a drawer. After a week, I can say that I noticed my complexion is brighter and not as dull as it used to be. However, I use a benzoyl peroxide lotion in combination with face wash and toner at night to keep my acne at bay and I noticed that when I layer the lotion and then the dark spot corrector, my face looks as though I slathered self tanner all over my face. It's a little disturbing to see when you first wake up, but it washes off (thankfully). I haven't noticed a significant decrease in color of my spots, just a slight decrease in how noticeable they are. I would purchase this product again, for the price mainly, but I am looking to try other products as well.

on 1/25/2013 12:21:00 AM

Just recently I finally got my breakouts from the previous year under control, however the acne scars prevent me from being able to celebrate a clear face. I started using this product last week and already noticed a difference in my face's tone. I can see my acne scars start to disappear. I'm excited to see what my skin looks like after I finish the bottle!

on 1/19/2013 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The pic shown looks different,mines a white tube,maybe because iv got the Australian version?this is my second one iv gone through. Iv got sun damage on my cheeks and I don't expect them to go away but my skin tone looks more uniform brighter and clearer,it doesn't cause breakouts on me,in fact i use this cream to not aggravate my existing acne any further, it's not greasy and it has no residue on my skin.it sinks in quickly and for $17 its a good price.my first one: the lid snapped off after about 2 months and the product changed to a rusty shade and smelled hence the second purchase,beside my mishap with the packaging the product inside is brilliant

on 1/11/2013 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My boyfriend developed dark splotches all over his face as a side effect of a chronic liver condition and after using this product almost daily for a couple months they're completely faded except for a small area near his jaw. Since his condition hasn't been treated it seems that this stuff actually works. I'm glad we tried this instead of spending more money on a "high end" product like Clinique(by the way their dark circle corrector for eyes is crap).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good serum-like treatment. I've been using it for quite some time now and when I had acne it didn't help much or I couldn't tell the difference with my persistent breakouts. But now that my face has cleared I can see the difference everyday. It's like this combined with my other products even my skin every day. Recently I've been examining my face in he mirror because I'm so shocked on how good it looks and feels. My skin feels healthy and this has definitely aided in the fading of my dark spots. I'm very happy it's part of my regimen.

on 1/2/2013 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is a little pricey for a drugstore product but well worth the money. I have oily and acne prone skin. Without this product blemishes from old acne stays on my face for months before it even starts to fade. When I use this product it doesn't clear up my blemishes right away but I have to say within a couple weeks my skin look amazing. I have on occasions used this as a moisturizer all over my face and it didn't make my skin any more oiler than it normally is. It also never made me break out! The packaging is not that great, I wish the tube was made out of different material or it came in a Bottle with a pump. The way the package is now makes it difficult to get the product out when the tube is not full.
Definitely a staple for me, love it!!!

Popular Treatments (Face)