October 20, 2014 | 1945 users online

Treatments (Face) - Garnier - Dark Spot Treatment

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been using this twice a day for the past few weeks and although my skin in feeling nice, my dark spots have not faded. It's a nice light moisturizer and the packaging is good for keeping the product nice but I wont be repurchasing as I wanted it purely for my acne scars.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by cblazer973

I had been looking for a product to lighten my acne scars since I have a horrible habit of popping and picking at my face. I did not want to spend a ton of money on a product so this seemed worth it considering its around 20 bucks. I figured if it did not work as it said, it wasn't like i shelled out 50 bucks for a product to just sit in a drawer. After a week, I can say that I noticed my complexion is brighter and not as dull as it used to be. However, I use a benzoyl peroxide lotion in combination with face wash and toner at night to keep my acne at bay and I noticed that when I layer the lotion and then the dark spot corrector, my face looks as though I slathered self tanner all over my face. It's a little disturbing to see when you first wake up, but it washes off (thankfully). I haven't noticed a significant decrease in color of my spots, just a slight decrease in how noticeable they are. I would purchase this product again, for the price mainly, but I am looking to try other products as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Oliviack

Just recently I finally got my breakouts from the previous year under control, however the acne scars prevent me from being able to celebrate a clear face. I started using this product last week and already noticed a difference in my face's tone. I can see my acne scars start to disappear. I'm excited to see what my skin looks like after I finish the bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Mum85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The pic shown looks different,mines a white tube,maybe because iv got the Australian version?this is my second one iv gone through. Iv got sun damage on my cheeks and I don't expect them to go away but my skin tone looks more uniform brighter and clearer,it doesn't cause breakouts on me,in fact i use this cream to not aggravate my existing acne any further, it's not greasy and it has no residue on my skin.it sinks in quickly and for $17 its a good price.my first one: the lid snapped off after about 2 months and the product changed to a rusty shade and smelled hence the second purchase,beside my mishap with the packaging the product inside is brilliant

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by jjb787

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My boyfriend developed dark splotches all over his face as a side effect of a chronic liver condition and after using this product almost daily for a couple months they're completely faded except for a small area near his jaw. Since his condition hasn't been treated it seems that this stuff actually works. I'm glad we tried this instead of spending more money on a "high end" product like Clinique(by the way their dark circle corrector for eyes is crap).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by joeboogie1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good serum-like treatment. I've been using it for quite some time now and when I had acne it didn't help much or I couldn't tell the difference with my persistent breakouts. But now that my face has cleared I can see the difference everyday. It's like this combined with my other products even my skin every day. Recently I've been examining my face in he mirror because I'm so shocked on how good it looks and feels. My skin feels healthy and this has definitely aided in the fading of my dark spots. I'm very happy it's part of my regimen.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Aglaiackr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a little pricey for a drugstore product but well worth the money. I have oily and acne prone skin. Without this product blemishes from old acne stays on my face for months before it even starts to fade. When I use this product it doesn't clear up my blemishes right away but I have to say within a couple weeks my skin look amazing. I have on occasions used this as a moisturizer all over my face and it didn't make my skin any more oiler than it normally is. It also never made me break out! The packaging is not that great, I wish the tube was made out of different material or it came in a Bottle with a pump. The way the package is now makes it difficult to get the product out when the tube is not full.
Definitely a staple for me, love it!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wish that I had more to say about this product. It's strange that I don't, seeing as I've been using it now for about 3-4 months and are finally coming to the end of my tube. Still, I'm just not sure that this product alone is to account for the dramatic change in my skin during those months.
The first week of using this, I had a very minor break out of tiny, slightly itchy red bumps across my forehead that soon became flesh colored and then disappeared altogether and never flared up again. So, I too can vouch for some of the claims that this causes break outs. I can imagine them being more severe for someone who is acne prone or extra sensitive. Please watch out if this describes you.
After the initial break out was gone, I did notice my skin looking a bit more bright than it had been before. Over time it seems like all of the more shallow reddish marks on my forehead have cleared completely yet the deeper, slightly indented brown marks on my cheeks still remain. They're fading slowly but I have the feeling that it's got more to do with time than this treatment. I kind of feel like the more shallow 'marks' I had were actually just irritation from products I had been using before switching to a more mild cleanser and this cream. However, my skin is DEFINITELY much less red and splotchy than it was prior to making those changes.
I like that unlike other 'fade' type products this one is not greasy and doesn't contain hydroquinone. It's also pretty readily available at most drugstores and the packaging is appropriate for a product of this type that can oxidize. It's got a serum type consistency that is neither extremely heavy nor too light. I still have to layer over it with another moisturizer at night as this can get kind of sticky if you use too much of it, but it's perfect for daytime if you plan on staying inside. It does have a smell that lingers and can be kind of strong. The closest thing I can compare the scent to is raw potatoes. Strange, I know.
Overall, I'm just not sure how I feel about this product. The vitamin C in this can't do anything but good for my skin but I doubt very seriously that it's done absolute wonders either. For the price, I'm just not sure that this is a justifiable re-purchase for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by TheLolitaHaze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I first bought it, it had just come out and was a little expensive (18.99) but I immediately saw results for my acne spots after 2 weeks of using it. Continued using it but nothing seemed to change after that. My spots had become less prominent but it seems to stop working after about 2 weeks, like it can only fade it so far. Now I use it in hopes that it might be continuing to fade my dark spots, but I mostly use it as a moisturizer after washing my face.

I got a second one as a gift when they finally put it on sale for 13.99...so now I apply it more liberally because I know I have a second one. If you pile it on too thick, it makes your face feel a little greasy after an hour or two (not the bad kind of greasy...you still feel clean it's just weird)

If anything else, it can make your spots less prominent (of course it can't get rid of them completely). More natural remedies like lemon/exfoliation/green tea or drinking more water will give you better results.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by alicea825

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

After using this every night and day for 6 months, my acne scarring lightened slightly, but probably not much more than if I had used nothing. I did end up stopping this at night because the orange stained my pillows.

I still have a lot left in the tube and won't use it.

In the past I have had better luck and faster results using a combo of philosophy's microdermabrasion treatment and Mario badescu's healing cream along with their whitening mask a couple times a week.