November 27, 2014 | 936 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by TinaLeNguyen

This is an ALRIGHT mascara, its nothing special to be honest. It's quite clumpy, dry and I feel like it wares off throughout the day. For a girl who loves to curl her lashes this product is definitely not for me and it's terrible at holding a curl and is quite heavy.
Over all it's not worth what I payed for.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Mdens8312

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara dried out super fast for me, the first week it worked well but then I started to hate this mascara. It weighed down my eyelashes and it's gross

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Jade_Tigress

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this mascara except for one thing. It clumps. I love the thin curved brush and the way my lashes fan out when using it. The only problem is the mascara ends up clumping heavily. I end up pinching clumps off with my fingertips and then applying more to fan the lashes out again. When I can get rid of the clumps it looks amazing and I have used several tubes of this. But I get tired of dealing with clumping when applying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by sugaryspice82

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this mascara to be disappointing. Gave no volume, only a bit of length, and it didnt really curl my lashes, just kinda put them to the side. I had to curl them with an eyelash curler. Since the name was "cat eyes", I expected it to give me very dramatic and full lashes, which it didn't. It only gave me spidery lashes. If you already have long thick lashes, then you might like this, but since my lashes are medium length and quite thin, this mascara didn't do much,the original colossal is much better. The packaging is cute though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by mandiluk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has become one of my favorite mascaras from Maybelline. (Sits alongside Falsies & Mega Plush) I hunted a long time for this and it's so difficult to find in the NYC area, but at last, I see what the hype was! The mascara's wand is curved, great for getting every last and you can use the tip of the want to add the extra "oomph" at the ends of your lashes. No effort needed!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by bieberoni

THIS IS THE WORST MASCARA EVER. IT'S WAY TOO WET THEREFORE DOESN'T HOLD A CURL WHATSOEVER. GIVES NO VOLUME, BUT GIVES LOTS OF LENGTH IN A BAD WAY-SPIDERY LOOKIN THINGS. IT MADE MY LASHES REALLY LONG BUT EACH LASH WAS VERY POINTY AND THE RESULT LOOKED LIKE I HAD SPIKEY SPIDER LEGS COMIN OUT OF MY EYES. EVEN WITH A HEATED EYELASH CURLER, THIS MASCARA INSTANLY MADE THEM DROOP DOWN. IF YOU HAVE ASIAN LASHES OR JUST THIN LASHES THEN DO NOT BUY THIS

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by GigiMakeupStudio

I love Maybelline mascaras. They are my favorite, but this specific one just didn't do anything for me. It was just eh. It added length but no volume. It's not bad, just not what I was looking for.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Emma241

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well, I was quite disappointed by this mascara. It doesn't really give you a "cat eyes" look at all really. It's just an ordinary mascara. I don't like the curved brush very much, as I prefer just the normal rounded brushes, therefore I found it a bit more complicated to apply than other mascaras. The formula is a bit too wet for my liking, and when it dries out it seems to make my lashes feel dry and hard. It also makes my lashes stick together, which I don't like at all. I like my lashes to be seperated.

I'm making it sound worse than it really is, it is an OK mascara. Just not as great as I was expecting. It does make my lashes look quite a bit longer, but it also makes them look very thin. So I'd say one good thing about it is that it does make your lashes noticably longer. This would be OK for giving your lashes a natural look. But it's nothing special.

6/10

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Kendallrhd

I personally did not like this mascara very much. The mascara did a great job at lengthening my eye lashes but that was pretty much it. It didn't make them look any darker or any thicker. I personally like very dramatic eyes, without using falsies, and this just doesn't get the job done for me. Other then that, it comes with the standard Maybelline packaging. The price was very good, only came to around $6 which is about $3 cheaper then how much most mascaras are. Overall, this mascara is for someone who wants a more natural look or who wants it to appear like they don't have any mascara on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by elmiwalk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my daily mascara, not sure how a cat eye look is supposed to come from this, but the formula is awesome, I love the curved brush, and I like both the regular and waterproof. I wear the regular all the time, 2-3 coats in the morning, I've never had any flakes, and very little smudging. I am on tube number 5 and will continue to buy unless I find a better everyday product.