July 31, 2014 | 2134 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Strawberry Shortcake 080

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

The Revlon Lip Butters are awesome, imo. The color selection, the moisturizing properties and the color payoff are great. Strawberry Shortcake is a light pink with some shimmer, very pale. I like it for a pale look without being nude. I really like it, but I have other favorite colors that are less pale.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although this is from the same line of Revlon Lip Butters, Strawberry Shortcake felt different on my lips than Peach Parfait did. PP felt gritty on my lips, whereas SS felt smooth and buttery. It doesn't last very long, but the color makes my lips look yummy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by DW1989

This is my every day go to lip color. I absolutely love this color. It's an adorable babypink color without being TOO pink. It gets a simple moist pink look to my lips that I just love. I use the baby lips chapstick from Maybelline under it just to make sure I don't have any dry spots on my lips or you will notice them. The color lumps when your lips aren't properly cared for. That's the only little problem, but besides that it's amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by xoxojordan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Loved this one! The colour was sooo pretty on me- fair skin, light blonde hair, blue eyes.

I actually used this one up! Its a medium pink and is buildable. Not too shimmery- perfect for errands or daily use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

Not my favorite colour of the lip butter family. Strawberry Shortcake is a somewhat muted bubblegum pink; it is neither pastel nor bright. It has some tiny microshimmers that give a slightly frosted finish. The colour is buildable and fairly easy to work with. I wish this had a creme finish because it ends up a little silvery on my pigmented lips. The formula is smooth and creamy like the rest but I just wasn't impressed by this colour. My favorite pink of this line remains Pink Truffle.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by SparklyBeauty

Strawberry Shortcake is one of my four Revlon Lip Butters (I originally bought "Berry Smoothie," which I love, and went back and bought three more.) I really love the texture of these butters compared to a regular lipstick because they are so moisturizing! All of the colors offered seem to be very wearable.

PROS:
1. I love the packaging of these butters! They are absolutely adorable, with a removable cap that has the Colorstay quilt pattern on the front and back and changes color according to the product. The lipstick twists out.
2. The product stays on for a pretty good amount of time (I got a good 45 minutes the last time I attempted to keep track, with minimal eating and drinking.)
3. Very well pigmented!

CONS:
1. For some reason, this color really just doesn't do it for me. It's okay, but I think it would look much better on someone for whom light, baby pinks work. I tend to look better in darker colors but wanted to give this one a shot.
2. There isn't much in the tube. (This might last you, depending on how often you wear it, anywhere from 3-7 weeks.)
3. After taking the cap off, as you can see in some of the pictures, the butter twists out of a silver tube. After application, the area right under the top of the tube gets dirty and shows excess product.

Overall, for $6.99, I would not go back and buy this color again. However, I am very likely to buy Berry Smoothie again, so it's really just up to your color preference. Hope this helps!

SparklyBeauty

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

I don't know what it is about this color but it just does not work on me. I thought it would be a soft, natural, medium pink but it ends up looking bubblegum pinkish on my lips which is not flattering. Very unnatural almost Barbie color. It also accentuates the lines in my lips and feels thick on for some reason unlike some of the other butters. I don't see even a hint of the purple others were talking about but it just does not work on my lips. It does seem to be much cooler when actually applied to lips than it looks like in the tube. Going to reserve this one for mixing in the hopes that I can make a wearable color using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by ChloeYoung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up in Walmart last week due to its high popularity. I went with this shade cause it looked like a everyday pink color, but I was wrong.definitely won't buy products with no testers again. The color leans too childish, looks like a bubblegum pink,slightly neonish. And the texture is so soft that I can't use it directly on my lips, that would cause the lipstick to melt and break into pieces. And it's not even that" buttery", it drys me out in 90 minutes.
Gotta be careful with drugstore products now.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by IzzyRose

I bought this product as an easy wear colour, thinking the moisturising qualities would make this perfect for all day work wear. Although I absolutely love the colour and it is hydrating when its first applied, when topping up it tends to dry out on my lips too quickly. I found I could only really wear it for a long time if I applied lip balm first which really defeats the point of a lip butter. I have continued to wear it for shorter periods of time for which it stays well. I have heard great things about this range though so I will try different shades and would probably re-purchase this when its finished as the colour easily matches my wardrobe.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nice colour, not amazing pay-off but still decent-ish. You need to have very moisturised lips. Not crazily flattering to my skin tone, personally speaking (NW20), but I like the formula and look forward to trying some other shades.