July 25, 2014 | 2031 users online

Fragrances - Auric Blends - Egyptian Goddess

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by makeupartist77

Oh sweet this scent is, I have been using it for years. The smell lasts well through the day. So important people ALWAYS comment how nice I smell, or yummm what is that smell. You can't go wrong with the price, and this company's roller balls usually last at least a year.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My cozy-comfort scent. Wonderfully soft, delicate, and natural. I love wearing it to bed; it helps me fall asleep. Sometimes simple is the best of all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Terick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had this oil in my posession for over 15 years. And I've only gone through about three bottles - although I don't wear it every day. I'm very picky about perfumes as most tend to give me a headache. This is light and fresh and never makes me feel sick - it lasts longer than any more expensive perfume I've ever tried. I just ordered a few more scents from their Web site and am very excited about it :)

Oh - the package quality gets a three because it tends to leak at times and can get super messy - but it's cheap and smells great and lasts, so I'll continue to purchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Tiltyred

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've got a gazillion dollars worth of gorgeous perfume, and what do I get the most compliments on? My roll-on oil of Egyptian Goddess. I can't explain it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Victoria84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my HG scent! I love how unimposing this scent!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by idressyou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

IF you can pull this off, it's an inoffensive, subtle, mildly floral musk, with a hint of earthy, powdery amber. Smells REALLY good on a tiny FEW, but on most, including myself, it morphs into a synthetic, mildewy & musk of a cloud that can be gag inducing to those who are sensitive. Please, for the sake of we who can smell musks, get a second and third, or even better, a fourth and fifth opinion from people with varying tastes before claiming this as your signature scent. I worked in a shop that carried this, where the owner pushed it on every teenage girl who walked in the store because he thought it sounded "mysterious and exotic" to them. Unfortunately, for the employees, the majority of converts who fell for that pitch (and there were far too many, imo) actually smelled of synthetic musk in moldy, dank basements.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried to love this fragrance, and let me tell you, I like the scent. But every time I wore it, everyone thought I smelled like an old woman. Men would eye me funny when they would get a whiff of me. In fact, it seemed to repel men away actually. I love the whole concept of organic fragrances, but this just didn't work. Even when I mixed it with something else, it just didn't impress me. This fragrance told me on thing about life: How you smell and how you present yourself really does have an impact on how people treat you: It didn't matter how young and great I dressed up on certain days, but people always thought I was 10 years older when I wore this fragrance! I'm not exaggerating! Even my mother said she would not be caught dead wearing this. As soon as i got back to my signature fragrance, Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue, people would treat me with the normality I'm used to. And yes, men did not back off. So, my best advice is, buy this fragrance only if it works with your chemistry. Apparently, it didn't work for me. I am not saying it smells horrible, or advising no one to buy it, but to proceed with caution that's all.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Ali1865

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wonderful smell! Smells clean and fresh, like shampoo or soap almost. The roller is easy to use, the scent lasts a long time, and the oil lasts forever! I've had mine for months and I haven't even made a dent in it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a skin scent, soft and light. The oil is thick and couldn't find what the ingredients were. Ther is an unpleasant basenote metallic/synthetic? which I did not care for, could it be the synthetic musk?

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by mbm452

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I get horrible fragrance-related headaches and am constantly on a quest to find ones that don't trigger them. After trying another Auric Blends scent with luck, I figured natural oils were worth taking a better look at.

Everything I knew about it (including the name and logo) made me think I wouldn't like it. Musk? Woodsy notes? None of those sound like things I like. Yet once I smelled it, the descriptions made sense. For me, the standout adjectives would be fresh, natural, clean, and cozy though. (I don't pick up a much in the way of pencil shavings as some reviews mention.) A touch of the hippie chick about it, but thankfully just a touch.

To put it another way, I've always favored scents that smell "clean." This one does too, but in a totally different way, one that makes the others seem a little synthetic and antiseptic. This seems to radiate from the skin. I've smelled this and similar notes on people before and never thought it was perfume. In that sense it feels a little too...personal to me--I don't really want people to think they're just picking up on a mixture of my soap and body chemistry, which is what this reminds me of, but better.

Fortunately--or not--this stuff wears pretty light on me. I'm pretty sure the only people who have ever noticed it are myself and my boyfriend. It also only lasts a few hours for me, hence the deducted lippie. And yet, I still love it. It's like slipping out of the shower and into nice pajamas.

EDIT: I've since tried Auric Blends Love and have come to prefer it in a big way. It's made with EG but also has a crisp, green layer that works to make it smell a little younger and more purposeful.