July 29, 2014 | 1890 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by MakeupandMiranda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It was only okay. I would not repurchase. For the money, the value just is not there. This foundation was more sheer than I expected and was not conveniently build-able. It is nice, however, to wear during the daytime. But I would much rather purchase something less costly if I am restricted to wearing it during the day. Packaging is nice, very sleek, as are all Chanel cosmetic products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's a nice foundation.

After application it may feel dry but after 1-2 hours it looks really nice, with a little sheen. So, upon application it is matte, and after 2 hours it sets semi-matte. I don't feel it lasts long on me. I have oily to combination, sensitive skin and after 5 hours it wears off, breaks into patches, when it becomes noticeable I wear a foundation.
Since it has matte finish I don't finish with a setting powder.
There is no oil control, hence semi-matte and longlivety on oily, combination skin.

I feel like it is only meant for normal skin. Dry skin would feel like it isn't moisturizing enough, and it may accentuate dry patches in the begging.
I has medium to full coverage and you don't need too much to cover your entire face. One pump or so is enough to fully cover all of your imperfections. Those who need more coverage, it is easily layered. I wouldn't recommend for mature skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by wisehm20

It is a good foundation overall. Very sheer, but dewy. I am in shade beige clair. I found this is quite a yellow base. The reason I said I wouldn't buy it again is given the price you pay, I think you can get other good foundation as well. I have recently bought Bourjois Health Mix foundation and very surprised that these are almost identical. Even the Health Mix has a nicer smell. I wasn't looking for any dupe for Chanel at all. It just happened accidently. Let's back to Chanel foundation.
- sheer
- light
- yellow base
- dewy, wet finish, not matt finish
- medium coverage
- medium hours lasting, I mean not all day. ( if you working 8 hours at office or school, I would say 6 hours lasting)

If you like Chanel brand, go for it, as I am a fan of Chanel cosmetics, but If you are just looking for a good foundation, you may find a cheaper alternatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by rosesarehaughty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Comes in the signature sleek black packaging, a subtle gold border edges along the bottom. The bottle is exactly what I expect for what I'm shelling out, the glass has a satisfying, heavy feel to it and when dropped (many *many* times) I have yet to see any damage. I have it in 60 beige (50 would be awesome but there isn't one) and must use lighter than usual setting powder. Problem is, it's so hard to find a brand that caters to olive toned skin that's more gold (I usully end up with oranges or grays from others) and now that I've found my perfect match, I'll never leave Chanel! It glides on beautiful and stays flawless for a nearly 8 hours. I have combo-skin, this foundation is put on by seven and lasts until about three, and by then I only need minor blotting around the nose. It is medium to full coverage, the main reason why I bought this, and is buildable to a certain extent. Be forewarned, any dry patch becomes very visible with this foundation. Overall, I very much like this foundation but the perfection isn't as perfect as it wants to believe it is. I must use moisturizer or a primer to get a smooth finish even though it's promised to go well on it's own. The finish is very pretty, it has a glowy quality but powder/blush/etc offsets it. I wouldn't recommend this to dry skin types, or those with the winter flakes!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by roisinbelfast

Firstly - I still haven't forgiven Chanel for discontinuing Pro Lumiere, so naturally I'm gonna be a little bit more harsh on this foundation. When my last drop of pro Lumiere was finished I took myself off to the Chanel counter for a sample of perfection Lumiere expecting great things! O M G was I disappointed!! :-(( I have dry skin - so I moisturise majorly before I apply foundations. I popped this foundation on and it applied fine with my brush - finished my face and off out I went for the day! O M G whilst walking past a mirror in Marks and Spencer's and catching glimpse of myself, only I didn't have a green wig and a pair of white dungarees on me I'd of thought an oompah loompah was staring back at me. This foundation oxidises like nothing I've ever seen before! It was stuck to every bit of dry skin I had. I actually resorted to going and washing my makeup off and walking around the rest of the day with none on rather than look like I had. Worst foundation I've ever tried sadly, and I'm a huge Chanel makeup fan :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by jjquan

I was really hesitant about purchasing this foundation, but I'm super happy that I did. It applies easily and nicely and feels very light on the skin (almost like you're not wearing any foundation). It's buildable to a certain extent - I'd say from Light to Medium coverage. This foundation really evens out the skin tone well with very little product, does not dry out my skin or make it oily (my skin can do that on it's own!). There is a slight fragrance to it, not unpleasant, but dissipates very quickly. I really enjoy this product because of the naked skin feel. Setting it with powder is highly recommended (unless you have dry skin).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 5:56:00 AM More reviews by fashionjunkie90

This foundation is pretty good for coverage but only downside is that after a couple of hours like 4 or 5 you would have to reapply because I would see that the foundation kind of disappeared in some places. It did cling to my dry patches on my face but that's after a long period of time. The smell of the foundation though is devine! But the best thing I love about this foundation is that it doesn't look like I have foundation on when I wear it. It has amazing finishing, not too matte or not too dewy. I wear 30 beige and its the perfect colour for me, I dont even have to apply on my neck area!

For fuller coverage I would still turn to my Estee Double Wear since its also long lasting. But as an everyday use, this seems to do the trick; it gives full coverage without feeling heavy on the skin (Estee DW sometimes gives you that feeling) and lasts enough for me before I have to reapply concealer in some problem areas.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

i am not a big fan of this foundation. Not saying that it's bad, but i expected better especially for the price. i have oily skin, and i have to wear foundation for 12 hours every day. An average fdn i own requires blotting at 3-4 hours into wearing it - my HG is estee lauder double wear light, which requires my first blot at the 5-6th hour and lasts very well throughout the day without fading or oxidizing. Perfection lumiere is an oil free fdn targeted at combo/ oily skin girls, and being chanel with the gorgeous packaging, i caved in despite the price. Strangely enough for me as a girl with oily skin, this fdn felt drying when i applied it - and not the pleasant type of dry feeling. I felt it pulled my skin stripping it of its natural oils, and 4 hours into wearing the fdn my face turned into an oil slick. I felt its because my face felt so dry that it produced even more oil to compensate for the dryness of my skin. The finish is rather matte so i must apply bronzer to give my face some dimension. Also it feels a bit thick on the skin. It can become patchy throughout the day as the fdn fades, it lasts around 6 hours for me. I do like the scent and the coverage it gives, but unless you're a chanel junkie, i won't recommend this fdn. If u do decide to buy this, i suggest u pick one shade lighter because it does oxidize a bit throughout the day. Use a stippling brush to apply it. Estee lauder double wear light remains my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Miloshy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why so many people hate it...¨
I have combination skin...my T-zone is really oily, my nose in particular...I really love the way this foundation looks on me, it makes my skin look sexy lol...anyway it needs to be powdered down...at least where u r oily...with less than 2 pumps u get a lot of coverage! I have it in the shade 10beige which is superawesome for me, coz I'm mac nc10...it's the first fdt to be yellow enough for me (I'm a pale southern european) and it looks just a bit darker than my natural skin but it's ok I really love the finish, it makes my face look healthy:) it's a bit lighter than dior forever 010 ivoire and it looks more yellow but so natural at the same time.
I apply it around 6.00 am and it lasts 6-7 hours on me, then it fades a bit on my nose and chin but my face still looks nice:) (I do run everyday to catch the buss lol)
I would say it covers better dark circles than acne scars (I have a bit in the chin) so I use some concelear there...all in all a good foundation...I apply it with Chanel fdt brush n.6...but I think I'm gonna try to apply it also with mac 180 small stippling brush...and I wish I had a beauty blender, but I can't find a decent one here in Norway -.- oh btw, the first day I applied it my friend told me my skin looked so great! she saw me wearing also Smashbox 15 hour hydrating fdt, Dior forever, Chanel vitalumiere aqua, Illamasqua rich liquid foudnation and she thinks this one makes my skin look much better than with the other ones:)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by ANBoudreaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like the previous reviewers, I held out on buying this foundation for a really long time due to the bad reviews. But I must say once I learned to apply it correctly I fell in love. It is a really dry formula so its perfect for those with oily/combination skin. It dries extremely fast so you HAVE to begin blending as soon as you apply. It is true, if you try to apply this with the wrong tool you will hate it and write a bad review. I've tried to apply this foundation with MAC 190, 187, and a sponge, hating each one. To my surprise, I got the perfect application with the ELF Studio flat top powder brush. Put the foundation on a mixing palette and stipple it into your face as you would with the 187.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No