December 19, 2014 | 1534 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by sannakim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have suuuper oily skin, and I've tried so much, but the only thing that has really worked was mac's pro longwear foundation, but that looked so cakey and not natrual at all. I also tried the mat lumiere, but holy manoly, the foundation just slided all over my face and I looked like an oily mess. But this foundation just looks so much better! It's suuper matte and lightweight, and it looks like I'm wearing no foundation. It looks beautiful in pictures, last so long, does not slip and slipe troughout the day if you set it! This is the best foundation I've tried so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by sarahellen1980

Beautiful coverage. I have sensitive and oily skin (what a combo!) This foundation is just the right shade, coverage and finish. Let me compare with its rivals: YSL Teint Touche Eclat is too dewy and ends up oily, not to mention it oxidises and darkens after application. Estee Lauder Double Wear: Too cakey and drying. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk: Not enough coverage and doesn't last.

This Chanel Perfection Lumiere picks up where these guys go wrong. Its my skin, only better. Yet is still covers blemishes. Lifts my complexion up and the shades are a true match. Try this foundation first as its expensive but once you get the shade right and it works for you, it should be a payday treat. Enjoy!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Nagaika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

this is the most terrible foundation I've ever tried. and unfortunately I understood it only after buying it. I have almost perfect skin, but this product makes it look just terrible. So, please ladies don't buy chanel because the previous foundations were great, the Lumiere line is a pricey bummer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of Perfection Lumiere in 12 Beige Rose 12 (For reference: I wear Studio Fluid NW13 and Studio Fix N4 and MUFE #117) I usually like more coverage (hence all the MAC Studio Fix/Fluid). This is why the SA suggested Perfection Lumiere over Vialumiere Aqua. I also picked up the Chanel correcteur perfection long lasting concealer (very nice!). My skin is generally clear, normal to combination. So far I am loving how this foundation applies, wears and looks. I have not noticed any oxidation and my skin looks really pretty and natural. Not too little or too much coverage. I know the price point is higher, however, I did not have to use much product at all! I agree with other reviewers who have said this isn’t for beginners and you should probably work quickly. I used a foundation brush and the application is flawless. Everyone has different skin types, but mine seems to really work well with this product. It looks much nicer than MAC or MUFE. I think this is probably best for individuals who have fairly clear skin. I can see how this may not be best for some with a lot of spots or problems (dryness, flakiness, acne, etc.). Two people have already commented on how beautiful and glowing my skin/face looks, so I will be buying this as soon as my sample is gone. I will update as time goes on.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by killapriscilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation. This may not be for every skin tone or every skin type.. But it sure works for me, like no other!!

I have light skin, with neutral undertones. I do not have oily skin, I have dry/normal skin with some light acne.

I would consider this a medium coverage with an option for building more coverage, this has a natural look, not dewy like Chanels Vitalumiere. You must apply this quickly overall, or do in sections as it sets quickly! Takes one small pump to cover my entire face with a medium coverage

I think because of it's make up Chanel Perfection Lumiere would be good for folks with normal to combo skin. I would go with the Chanel Vitalumiere if I had very dry or very oily skin (which I've tried also, I personally prefer Perfection Lumiere)

Though I am neutral skin toned, I use 12 ivory rose during the winter and 22 ivory rose during. I find the beige choice tires me out, the rose warms up my complexion and helps counteracts undereye discoloration on me better than the 12 beige did. I think the match is terrific.. Sometimes its hard to find foundations pale enough, Chanel has a lot of choices.. I cannot imagine using and prefering icky frog color gunk called Revlon Colorstay over Chanel Perfection Lumiere. Chanel Perfection Lumiere is perfection!! If you are having issues applying this, I find that you must wait 10 minutes for your moisturizer to sink in before application of this foundation or yes.. This will slide right off. I've never had an issue with reapplication of this product. I simply set it with a little powder when I'm done applying and bam 8 hours later looks just as good as I left that morning.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by girlboyfriction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really, really wanted to love this product, but it just didn't work out for me :( i had been using revlon colorstay foundation for the past year (the old formula). It was amazingly LONGLASTING (didn't transfer to clothes or when i blotted). I tried the new revlon formula, and it just wasn't the same. So, I decided to try out this chanel foundation.

I purchased it in the shade biege 10, which matched my skintone perfectly.

packaging: comes with a pump in a glass (?) case, and just feels/looks wonderful

performance: emphasized all my dry patches, didn't have good coverage, and transferred/slide off my face! ... i guess at least it didn't break me out??

it spreads evenly on my skin (it does come with a fragrance, but I didn't mind it... better than smelling like paint like some foundations). however, it really emphasized ALL the dry patches on my skin--i even tried to extra moisturize the next day to see if it made a difference... it didn't.

also, it did NOT last very long on my face :( started to slide off around 4hrs of wear. i've moved on to MUFE foundation (which glides on like a dream, and didn't emphasize the dry patches. but it still doesn't stay put as long as the old revlon one :()

I returned it

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by pandah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

There is nothing Perfect or Luminess about this foundation!
I got a sample of this from Macy's yesterday because my GF (who has oily skin) looked great with this foundation. It was a very nice natural finish on her. I have combo skin, oily Tzone w/normal/dry cheeks.

First off, the smell of the foundation is terrible! It has a rose water smell. WTF I have perfume, I don't need fragrance on my face! The foundation is very creamy. It went on "OK". Normally I can tell within the first brush of foundation whether or not I'm going to like it and I was already thinking meh...but I thought oh what he heck, it's Chanel, how bad can I be so I completed my make up and went to work.

As soon as I walked into my office a coworker said oh...did you get a new foundation, it doesn't look good. I looked in the mirror and she was right! I looked pale and lifeless AND worst of all my skin looked tight and dry. I felt like I aged 10 years. By lunch I couldn't take it anymore so went to the nearest Ulta and wiped it off. Every foundation wears differently on different people obviously but this one makes it on my top 5 worst foundations list!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by kaylapantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm 19 years old and I have combination skin. I've been wanting to experiment with higher end brands because of course you'd expect them to deliver more luxurious results, so the first place I went to was the Chanel counter. I initially bought the Mat Lumiere foundation, and the MUA warned me that it would be too dry so she recommended Perfection Lumiere, but I bought Mat anyway because matte formulas have always worked well with my combo skin. I returned it after one day of use because it completely dehydrated my skin, giving me red, flaky patches. I exchanged it for Perfection and had the same results. I tried them both with/without primer, and after exfoliating and moisturizing. My skin looks horrible now. If Chanel products really are targeted for a more mature age group, then I guess it just wasn't for me, although it's still disappointing. If you have very oily skin, this would be great for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Dianaded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this foundation! I have been using this for years and for many years to come. It provides the perfect coverage and is very build able. I only use very light coverage because my skin isn't very bad so it is perfect for me. It is very light on my skin and it feels and looks like I am not wearing any makeup at all. I always get complements on how flawless my skin is because of this foundation. I also have very oily skin so most foundations end up looking horrible on my skin! I would encourage anyone to give this foundation a try! The only downside to this foundation is that it is pretty expensive. The good thing about it is is that it lasts me a very long time so that I do not have to go out and buy for a very long time lol. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by lilpea

Chanel seems to just work for me when it comes to foundation and powder. My skin is combination, very dry in the winter and quite oily in summer. In winter I use this without powder and it settles into a beautiful satin (not dewy) finish. It is very long lasting. In summer I set with loose powder and it requires a small blot in the afternoon but thats it. The texture is almost gel-like but gives good medium coverage.
I use two pumps for mid coverage and it blends beautifully. I am chinese and B30 is great for me, I use Warm beige or Natural in Bobbi Brown.

The only thing I do notice is that the bottle always looks full, hard to tell when to get a replacement. In my experience 30ml liquids usually lasts 6-7 months so we shall see how far this stuff goes.