September 23, 2014 | 826 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Lots of Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was a pointless purchase. I used it a few times and it's been laying in the bottom of my makeup bag untouched ever since. I found this strange brush to be difficult to work with. The formula was very wet which I usually don't mind but this seemed like it never dried. Smudgy. I'm a pro at applying mascara and I just couldn't manage to get this one right. It clumped if I added a second coat before waiting for it to dry and so next time I waited. It was still clumpy when drying between coats. I would not repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by zayntomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this. I have really short and thin lashes and I find that if you use this mascara the proper way it gives you huge lashes and it really separates your lashes nicely. I find that it looks a lot thicker and longer. I find that if you build this mascara up it looks really defined and I also like that fanned out kinds look so I would buy this again for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by inthemindsofangels

I'm on my second tube of this mascara and I think that tells enough. The rubbery type of mascara wands always seem to work better for me; they seem to separate my lashes more. The Great Lash mascara has been on the market for almost forty years now and has been an American favorite for just that long, but I was never too impressed with the wand and formula. It's way too wet.

This mascara has exactly the same formula but the wand is different, and that really influenced the application. When I first tried it, it was very wet and clumpy and I didn't like it one bit, so I set it aside for a week or so. Upon revisiting it, I had long, separated, fluttery lashes that gave almost a cat eye effect. The volume wasn't super intense, nothing like the drama of Dior Show or Falsies, but it's a really nice mascara to pair with your favorite everyday eye look. My personal favorite is to pair it with a bit of brown eyeliner, CC cream, and a nude-pink blush and lipgloss.

I think this is a mascara that works best with girls and guys who have short but plentiful lashes; it really coats the lashes and almost extends them to give fluttery, playful eyes. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

So I was shopping one day and decided I wanted to try a new mascara, I look over and saw this little thing. Was going only for about 3 dollars. Yep, the price is what drew me in.

When I first used this I ABSOLUTELY hated it. The formula was way too wet and as a result would make my lashes clump like there was no tomorrow. Not to mention I was not accustomed to the brush.....the brush on this thing is very, very different from a lot of mascara wands. It's heart shaped, and on the outer corners the bristles are longer and in the center they are short. As a result I was completely confused as to how to use it and hated it.

Anyways I've been trying it and after about 2 weeks, the formula has gotten much better to work with. Still pretty wet but better, and after a couple more practices i've also gotten the hang of how to use the wand. As such, I absolutely love this mascara now. It's super black and gives lots of length and moderate volume only in about two coats.

AWESOME, i would recommend but only if you like wetter formulas and if you're down to try such a dramatically different wand!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

I've heard endless raves about this product, and it's actually been on the market for over 40 years now I think. So I went out specially JUST to get one.

Man, I was extremely disappointed by this mascara. I had stick straight lashes, they are short and thin, so having a good mascara is a biggie for me.

The packaging was okay, there's quite a lot of product in one tube, and the wand is pretty cute. And yes, it's a good price, only about $4 I believe?

The formula is extremely wet, and it picks up waaaaaay too much product at once. They made my lashes look extremely cakey, and I hate that. I've had it for like 3 months now, and not once have I used it ever again.

It may be just because I picked up a bad one, but this just doesn't cut it for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by xiue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first non waterproof mascara that hasn't caused raccoon eyes on me by the end of the day! I have dry, watery eyes, and don't curl my lashes so they're always going to touch my bottom eyelids,-- and I have really oily lids too. I used to always have a habit of running a finger on my bottom lid to get rid of the raccoon eyes, but not with this baby~

My go to is still the double extend L'oreal waterproof mascara because it's sooo easy to get off without the leftover mess, but this is a great alternative to getting long, thick lashes :) It does get a bit clumpy/spidery so a comb is kind of a must. I LOVE the tapered brush though since I'm able to get ALL of my lashes quite easily :D

I wouldn't buy it again only because there are still others I want to try out first. If I didn't have anything else to try out, I'd get this again for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by neeeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is pretty good. For me, I find that A LOT of mascaras weigh my lashes down so no matter how much I curl them they always fall flat when using certain mascaras.Unfortunately this one is one of them. I find that by itself, Great Lash weighs my lashes down but it does give it nice length!

(you can find my review on my FAVORITE mascara; Covergirl's Lash Blast Waterproof and I have some tips for those of you who have the same problem as me!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by EXOticAngelInspirit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i got this mascara as a birthday present from a cousin and i love it. she loves the great lash and wanted me to try one and got it for me on my birthday. she just happened to pick this one up by accident instead of the original great lash. however i have no problems with it. it lives up to its name. it makes my lashes seem longer and fuller.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by AsianWonder805

This is great until you get to the mascara wand itself. I tried & tried and I hate this mascara wand. The formula is actually quite nice so I just used a wand from an old mascara. Wouldn't buy again though

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by andreakp103

Great mascara I just have to be careful about how much I apply.