October 24, 2014 | 917 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Smooth Absolute ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

I was a bit hesitant to buy this cause I thought it would be exactly like the one that came with a pump, but I like the one with the pump a bit better, the color looks healthier on my Nc30 skin tone whereas this product gives me a beige cast instead of making me look fresh and clean. Although this made my skin appear smoother and kept it hydrated (i guess cause its intended for mature dry skin), it made me oilier within a few hours. Since my skin is already oily, I have yet to apply this over MOM. cause lately that has been helping me a lot with maintaing shine and oil production. BUT overall a good drugstore foundation. I will probably give this to my mother instead.. WEIRD thing was; I bought 2 shades just to be sure.. as soon as it touched my skin the color was fabulous; (164) but is OXIDIZED A Few seconds later to a really beige/grey tone. THATs the only downside.. its not TRUE to its color. beware of color change.. I read some reviews below me and a reviewer says she applies this with her sigma brush, I will definitely try that method, maybe it will give me a thinner application, I used the MAC "Skunk" (forgot what its called at the moment) brush/and the ELF flat top ever so popular brush...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Itai

I love this foundation. I have it in Natural Beige and I'm asian with medium skin tone (around NC25-30). It's almost the perfect match for me, a little too yellow, but it's not that obvious. It's medium coverage, it evens out the complexion but doesn't hide my freckles. It looks like natural skin, doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation. I use the Sigma F84 and it's perfect. It has like a dewy finish but not shiny, it looks really natural.

I have combination/normal skin. With this foundation, my forehead gets oily earlier. Usually it gets oily at the end of the day, but with this foundation, it shines at the middle of the day. Beside that, it still lasts all day. I have some dry patches around the nose in the winter and this foundation doesn't accentuate them, which is rare with foundation!

There is no smell to it. I hate the brush at the tip of the bottle. It's so hard to get the right amount of foundation. I have to turn the brush so many times before any product comes out and when it comes out, there is a lot of product. Even if I turn it slowly and wait between each "turn", it doesn't come out slowly. Overall, I like this foundation :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

From a distance, this foundation looks great. Up close, it looks patchy and dry. The lightest shade is very pink. It would be great if it were more neutral. The coverage is really good, so much so that I don't need to use a separate concealer. It also lasts the entire day. My biggest negative is that it breaks me out. It's hard to remove. I have to use a cosmetic wipe first and then wash with my normal cleanser. Even after that, I can still see it all stuck in my pores, which in turns breaks me out. Yuck. I give it a neutral 3.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by jstehr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have a very fair complexion, so if I don't get much sleep the dark circles and bags under my eyes are very obvious. I have some old acne scars, and a few odd brown spots on my face but generally speaking my skin isn't too bad. I bought this product out of sheer curiosity, and I was pleasantly surprised with the results.
    PROS:
    -wonderful coverage, gives my skin a smooth flawless finish
    -buildable coverage, you can add a bit more in areas that need some extra coverage
    -does not dry skin out
    -leaves my skin with a lovely dewy finish that lasts for hours
    -does not settle into the very fine lines under my eyes
    CONS:
    -not a fan of the built in brush, it's kind of gross if you think about it, a bacteria breeding ground. But the brush is quite good for blending, other than that...I still think it's gross.
    -it's quite expensive for drugstore foundation

Generally speaking, I LOVE this product. I just get the foundation out onto my hand and either blend with my fingers or a separate foundation brush (that I can actually clean). I will definitely keep buying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 8:23:00 AM More reviews by mybeadifullife

I have been using this foundation now for 2 weeks daily, i have it in the color 'sun beige', which is a tan color that seems slightly yellow to me. Its a tiny bit too dark for me at the moment, but this foundation blends so easily! I love the look. It looks very natural and 'skin' like, but still has medium to full coverage on me.

I love the consistency of this. I prefer liquid foundations that are not too runny or too creamy, this is very easy to spread. It has a dewy finish, and therefore doesn't dry too fast, you have more than enough time to blend all over your face.

The brush it came with did a good job of blending the foundation. Its a soft synthetic paddle brush. other reviewers said it broke over time, but i can't comment on this, since i have been using only 2 weeks. I use the brush to dot all over my face, then blend in small strokes.

I have oily combination skin, and this lasts a long time for a dewy finish foundation. On me, it lasts about 6 hours before i need to blot/powder. I find it to fade very well.

I have medium toned skin. This is the darkest color they had in Walgreens, so not a huge range of skin tones. I am not sure if this is a new product and they are testing it out? But the shade range is VERY small.

I find the foundation to be very pricey for a drugstore, it was $16 at my Walgreens, which I consider a lot if you can't try it on to test it out. I definitely will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have dry skin, then definitely give this a try! I exchanged the visible lift serum advanced age reversing one and got this one. The serum one has a pump which is much better than the brush packaging on this. The problem i had with the serum one was that it made this slightest dry patch on my skin very visible. This product made my skin feel very hydrated and glowy. This has a wonderful dewy/luminous finish and actually gave surprisingly medium coverage. I was expecting light to maybe moderate coverage. The shade selection is okay. i'm NC30 and matched pretty well with sand beige and I don't know if it just wasn't available in my cvs, but there was only 1 shade above my shade. So the darkest shade they carry is maybe NC35? I took off 1 lippie for the bad packaging and shade seelction and also i think they give a little less than 1 fl oz.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by sgilber

WHY THIS PRODUCT?: I picked up this foundation about 2 weeks ago as I was looking for something that would give me a brighter finish WITHOUT glitter. I would also prefer it not to have a sunscreen in the formulation because I use a lotion with a physical spf in it already. This does have an spf of 17 (Random?!) and it is a chemical spf as well; but I have heard such good things about this product that I had to try it regardless. It was expensive for the drug store but not compared to similar quality foundations elsewhere. I rarely wear foundation but when I do I like it to look somewhat natural and improve my complexion effortlessly. This foundation is it so far! I have not been using this every day but the few times I did, I was impressed.
    APPLICATION: The foundation is a nice creamy consistency with light to medium coverage and a satin finish. I am sure it can be built up to full coverage, but that is not typically how I apply my foundation. The foundation is not drying but not overly moisturizing either, very balanced. It blends easily, but does have a hint of a chemical smell. This smell is not strong and dissipates quickly unlike many foundations I have tried in the past.
    DOES IT WORK? : I wore it for night out and a day at the dog park\running errands and it performed well on both occasions. It does not settle into pores or fine lines. There was minimal transfer (only if I scratched my nose) and my face still looked nice by the end of the day. I do use a primer and set lightly with a matte powder.
    TO SUM IT UP: I am fair skinned with neutral-yellow undertones and am in the lightest shade but I was a little worried it would be too dark or pink. There are not a lot of choices as far as color selection and the packaging is a fail, although I really don't mind it much. I clean it with an anti-bacterial spray and use the brush attachment to dab the product around my face before blending. The foundation is great overall and it gives me the lively finish I wanted, not dewy really but silky and healthy. I only gave it a 4 because I have not used it for very long but I can see it being my go to foundation for a long time.
    MY SKIN I have moderate acne with combo\sensitive skin and this has not bothered me at all.In fact I like using it for blemishes because it covers them nicely and doesn't seem to make them worse at all. I don't buy into the lifting\anti-aging hype but it is SMOOTH on the skin! :)
    UPDATE: I continue to use this and find that if I apply it with a wet brush or beauty blender it lasts and won't transfer.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

For reference, ELDW Sand/Fresno, CS Sand Beige, Neutrogena Natural Beige.. I perfectly matched with Nude Beige (when I'm a tad pale -NC25) & Sand Beige (when I'm NC30/ "tanned").

Great foundation! It's not as drying as DW or CS. Like the other reviewers, I hate the brush!! It put me off buying this.. until I saw Kandee Johnson's video & my sis raved about it. I'm glad they changed my mind. It may be a bit pricey for a drugstore foundation (almost 20 cdn with tax) but the results are beautiful. This makes my skin look smoother and radiant, definitely not a flat lifeless canvas. Did not break me out as well! Minus one for transferring to clothes. Will repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by js01664

I la la loveee this foundation!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Had to review - I've been searching for the "perfect foundation" - who isn't?

For reference, I have combo skin that gets oily in the summer but very dry in the winter (only oily in the t-zone for the most part). So I was hesitant to purchase a foundation for mature skin, thinking it would leave me a shiny greasy mess!

What I need from a foundation: to cover acne scars and give me some natural glow while still looking flawness and not heavy or cakey.

I have old acne scars to cover and I really have noticed lately that my skin is not as luminous as it used to be, very dull even thou I exfoliate regularly and take very good care of my skin. I was searching for a foundation that would give me a "glow" without the grease or sparkle mess...something that looks like my skin, only much better. Well, this does it all: covers my acne scars (the main reason I wear foundation) and give me that healthy skin look without dulling my complexion (like most foundations do).

I'm really loving this and it does NOT make my skin oily. I do prep with primer and finish it with loose powder, I think that makes the difference. The weather is warm, so even if I have to blot mid-day, that's ok b/c I'd rather have to blot oil that have a dull complexion all day.