April 16, 2014 | 1389 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 5:12:00 AM More reviews by Monyak12

So far the best foundation ive ever tried. Im using 5.0 (NC42) for referrence. The color perfectly matched my skin no need to set it off with loads of powder (for heavier coverage) the color truly adjusted to my skintone.However after a couple of hours I still find my T-zone area oily and have to use blotting paper. The packaging is different from studio fix I like the pump bottle style it helps you control the amount of product you want to use will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After liking Pro Longwear but wanting a lighter feeling, easier to remove liquid I tried this. Pro Longwear in NW20 is a bit too peachy and light but works ok in winter so was first matched to 2.0 but returned for 1.5 - great match and appears on the skin pretty neutral and with a light feel and medium, natural coverage. BUT - after only 2 days, cystic acne! My skin is pretty clear and I was sad. The only MAC foundation or powder product I have ever been able to use is the Pro Longwear and Blot powder. Too bad, I liked the shade, feel and coverage very much.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by olia041983

At first I thought I loved it but I realized its way too yellow and obvious on my skin! Believe it or not Revlon whipped foundation is so much better

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by itseverlasting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Background on my skin: I am medium toned with yellow/olive undertones, my skin is normal to dry and am prone to have dry patches.

I bought this foundation and the lady at the counter matched me to 5.0. I like the texture of this product, it seemed silky and smooth and it blended into my skin nicely.
The coverage is medium but can be built up to a heavy coverage, I usually only wear it when I am going out or to dinner with friends to have a flawless look. It lasts pretty well during the night but after 4 hours, I can see it fading.
The problem I get with it, is that when I get my photo taken, I receive a chalky sort of look in the photos. I don't know whether I've been matched wrong or it's the product.
I'm pretty mediocre with the product, I wouldn't buy it again.. I would probably invest in their Pro Longwear foundations next time since I know what colour I am.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ghardingwhite

I have been using MAC Prolongwear foundation happily for the past few years but after getting a new job in London (using London underground) i found my foundation would melt off and look really shiny by the end of the day! I really really hate looking shiny.

I bought Matchmaster foundation last week online, I'm usually a NC15 and asked the online chat what colour to buy. She advised a 2.0, personally i thought i looked more like a 1.0 so bought the 1.5. (In the middle haha)

The first thing i noticed is how orange the colour was, I was a little taken aback. However once applied to my face I admit it didn't look too bad, but still a tad too orange for my fair skin. I would say this foundation is for more warmer toned people?

Ignoring the colour, I love the way it makes my skin look, it evens out my skin and makes my skin look flawless! It lasts for a long period of time and with powder on top doesn't go shiny! Since using this foundation I've also noticed my skin has been a lot clearer, so it doesn't break me out.

For people with dry skin, I wouldn't recommend as it tends to stick to dry patches. When I have slight dry skin I use MAC BB cream underneath, I find it helps to prevent the sticking to dry skin.

Next time round I think I'm going to buy the 1.0 to see what difference it makes, hopefully wont be so orange!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Meladamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It stays matte like 7-8 hours and starts to fade away. Doesn't look cakey at all. Only one pump will cover pretty much everything. The price is not that expensive compare with the amount and the result. But this foundation dries pretty fast so you have to apply it quickly. BEWARE it has SPF in it. Do not take a picture with flash when you wear this foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and I'm an NC30 and shade 3.0 for this foundation. Its a medium coverage and is buildable. I mix the MAC Strobe Liquid with this foundation and it looks nice. However in five minutes it OXIDIZES! Hate when foundations oxidize! I wish MAC would fix this. I tried every MAC foundation and they all oxidize. My current holy grail foundations are the Estee Lauder Double Wear and MakeupForever HD Foundation. They are amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by millafarrow

I have to rate in middle. I liked the formula, lighter than my old HG and good coverage. The oxidation freaked me out because i wasn't used to my foundation doing that, and being pale i thought it would make me look crazy but i never noticed it on my face, just the back of my hand. I used color 1.0. The problem,my only complaint, it the horrible horrible acne it gave me. Unforgivable acne. This wont happen to everyone, and i didn't think i would have any reaction, because I've never had a negative experience with foundation before, but i did and it makes me so upset. Ive never had acne before and this product gave me huge sections of cystic acne all over my cheeks. It's killing me. I'd say sample it before you buy and run away at the first sign of skin trouble that isnt normal for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by TayTheBeautyJunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have combination skin and I am darkskinned with red and gold undertones. I got matched to a 9.0. I loved this but also had many issues after first use. Pros: Great Blend Oxidizes great Very Natural Perfect color match. The 9.5 was too dark but this 9.0 when the lady put a streak on my face I couldn't even tell where she put it it was that good Nice Coverage Got Compliments Like Crazy ! Cons: It ruined my face!! I purchased this product along with mineralize skin finish, prolong wear concealer, I already had the primer and I got fix+. after 2 days I noticed a rash under my eyes and on my cheeks never had that before. That night I took it off and cleansed my face. the whole night my face itched and burned so bad I couldnt sleep or woke up itching my face. next morning my skin was red I don't even get red didn't know I could lol. my cheeks had dark marks and the rash worsened. I red that a lot of people had this from the skin finish so I returned that and kept using this and the other products. same thing. I got big bumps on by my cheekbone and jaw. I returned the rest yesterday. its been a week since I switched over products to revlon colorstay and my face is slowly healing. I liked it but it ruined my face the whole line

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

i have this in shade 2.0, which is a warm neutral. i'm usually nw25.
i asked the mac artist for a full coverage, long wearing liquid foundation for oily skin. she suggested this.
the first thing i noticed was the strong paint smell. very similar to revlon colorstay, except it stays on your face. for the first couple of days of wearing this, i smelled it THE WHOLE ENTIRE DAY. but now i don't, maybe i'm immune to the paint smell by now.
the foundation itself is full coverage - waaay more then prolongwear and revlon colorstay. i have very dark acne scars and some pimples. 1-2 layers give you full coverage.
the longevity for this is... eh. maybe up to 5-7 hours of wear before it starts fading, because at the end of the day i can see my scars. i'm still trying to find a primer to wear underneath this.
the packaging is perfect, it comes with a pump! you can twist to lock, or unlock, the pump.