October 31, 2014 | 828 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - BareMinerals foundation #2.3 Medium Beige

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Emmyoscar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm really sceptical about this product...Let me just say this was the second foundation i've ever used and i was really excited to take this product on because it looked so pretty on me in ulta. (Let me add that i was not experiancing major breakouts from my previous foundation, i was just getting one or two big ones). So i really loved this foundation until all of a sudden i dont know when it happened i started getting big pimples (not exactly cysts but close) and then a few months later i started getting little bumps on my face. And i found that almost every time i wore this, after about 6 or so hours of wearing this foundation at the end of the day there would be little bumps all over my face. i have no idea how you can be allergic to this foundation but i think i am because i am now experiancing major acne ever since purchasing this product and when i went to the derm she told me to try bareminerals...

Anyway this product really didnt work with my dry patches, as in it wouldnt let me put makeup over it, and it covered some acne but others it just didnt cover. And most of the time this does look cakey on me. These are just my personal experiances.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Makeuploverlynie

Like many, i have gone through the whole mineral makeup phase. for some people this works great; but for others, it was never meant to be. i consider myself one of those people who this product was just not meant for. if you are anything like me and suffer from dryness in some areas of your face, i would not recommend this product for you. it settles into your dry patches, and accetuates them. I looked like i was peeling after an application of this. i suggest buying or grabbing a sample of this product before you purchase the entire kit (i made that very costly mistake). try it out for a couple of days and see if it works for you. for me and my mom, we both found out that it wasnt for us (my mom has oily skin, and she didnt like it either; said it didnt cover enough for her).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

I don't personally use this product as an all over face powder because the tone is to slightly pink ( I have a yellow/neutral undertone) ... however after applying foundation and undereye concealer- I lightly pat this under both eyes to counteract shadows, then I follow through with my other regular setting powder. and this blends in nicely while still concealing. I would have never tried this on my own since there is no BE where I live- I got this in a swap and from what I have seen from testing it out, its very shimmery. I despise shimmery powders, since I just like a bit of highlight on my temples and cupids bow. For undereyes, this just seems to work though :) it brightens that are up with settling into creases. Im happy it works for something because I was never reaching for it. The Packaging is a bit messy, but loose powder lasts ages and ages- for less mess I apply some tape to the sifter so only a few openings are exposed and less product is used.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by mycatan

This is my go-to product. Blends in really well but definitely comes off easily when I get hot or am in hot weather. The packaging wears well. I've dropped the container plenty and it doesn't crack or leak.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by enin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first Mineral foundation that i bought. My bestfriend got this one last christmas as a present and shes been bugging me to try it too. So i bought the medium starter kit 2 months ago. the medium beige really matches my skin color specially during spring and summer. It looks very natural and light on my skin as if im not wearing any makeup at all. This is perfect for you if you are always in a rush as it only takes me 10 mins to do my makeup when im using this foundation. Will definitely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by cab2434

At first I loved this product. It is an ok coverage but what I really liked was the lack of cakiness and the fact that it's "mineral" and is pretty good for your skin. However, after using it for a while, I would notice that when I got warm or sweated at all, my face would get EXTREMELY itchy. Then by the end of the night I would have a couple of cystic pimples. I tried eliminating every part of my makeup, and realized it was this foundation. After looking it up, apparently there is Mica in the product which many people are allergic to, and which is known to cause itching. So I will now be avoiding any products with mica, which includes this foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by sunkistchic03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i did NOT like this product. dry skin has a hard time with powder it tends to cake in creases and will not work into the skin. when i would become hot and sweat my face would start to itch badly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by AivyLeague05

Love Bare Escentuals.

This shade literally melts into my skin. I'm not huge on the packaging, but the formula gives me enough coverage to even out my skin (although in all fairness, I have relatively clear skin; people with visible scarring or adult acne should probably seek out something heavier) yet retain a healthy, lit from within look.

I apply this with a MAC kabuki brush, which I feel gives me more control. The formula is definitely not as heavy on my skin as my old standby - MAC Studio Fix NC35 - so I will repurchase.

I have this in the Matte formula and it is perfect for my combination-leaning-towards-oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

I really liked the coverage of this foundation and the feeling like I'm was not wearing any at all but I had to stop using this product because it made my face itch so bad. I obviously would not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Belle84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love my BareMinerals foundation. The color is perfect on me (I think I have a neutral skin tone, with a hint of yellow to it) and I love the medium coverage as I've no use for full coverage. Strangely enough, this color suits my skin both during winter when I'm white as a ghost and during summer when I'm really tan. I expect it's the yellow in my skin as I don't get super bronzed but rather golden-olive-y.

Tip for traveling: put a cotton pad (a normal, sircular one) over the holes to prevent massive spillage.