Prada Candy EDP

3.5

Prada Candy is a new fragrance by Prada to be launched in August 2011. The composition includes an elegant mix of musks in the top, a sensual balsamic vanillic accord of benzoin in the heart and sweet modern caramel in the base of the fragrance.

on 12/20/2013 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Ick! This smells like an old lady perfume. It's a little strong, it smells really powdery and I swear my aunt in her later 60s wears an old fashioned perfume IDENTICAL to this. It reminds me of an old smoky motel room with talcum powder in the air to try and cover up the stale smoke. As soon as I tried this on I couldn't wait to wash it off. It is not good. I am surprised that people like this at all. I really don't have anything nice to say about this fragrance, sorry!

on 11/27/2013 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is SO bad, I was genuinely surprised to find that some people actually like it. To me, it smells like a mix between cotton candy and hamster bedding. On top of that, I'm almost certain Britney Spears made this exact scent about eight years ago. Just no.

on 11/22/2013 1:37:00 PM

This is a grown-up interpretation of cozy notes like vanilla and caramel that can handle work life while offering something to satify a sweet tooth. It can also handle winter and cozy clothes with its ambery base. Unfortunately, the notes I am interested in - vanilla and caramel- disappear very quickly on me after a big blast of sweetness and I am left with a strong patch on a musky, slightly plasticky base very very quickly. I also sense some benzoin, which together with patch -I am not a big fan of patch- make it almost an animalic experience for me. It kind of feels heavy on my skin. If I want something candyish or sweet at this level of intensity I will go to Jessica Simpson's Fancy. I also prefer the lighter flanker to original Candy, which offers more nuances, softness and playfullness on my skin.

Good sillage and lasting power of around 5 hours.

on 11/15/2013 5:44:00 PM

I love love love this perfume, I get so many compliments when I wear it <3 I won't repurchase it though, coz there are so many perfumes I'd like to buy lol mwahahaha:)

on 10/24/2013 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I dont know what it is about my body chemistry (or perhaps the batch of perfume I got) but my bottle of Prada Candy smells very...primal on me. all musk and benzoin. i purchased at my local von maur (for its ridiculous price) I got the largest size because i loved the way a sample I received dried down on me. I do enjoy the smell. I find myself using the tiniest amount and then layering it with something overtly sweet. i sometimes scent my wood dresser and closet with it. Im a bit disappointed that I do not detect the caramel or fruity notes at all...but I cant deny how it smells on me. animalic, carnal, of a dry forest on a hot afternoon. oh, and i really enjoy the bottle.

on 10/16/2013 1:33:00 PM

I thought I was going to like this, but it smelled sweet, cloying and cheap. I couldn't detect any caramel or vanilla.

on 9/21/2013 6:01:00 PM

Despite my love of perfume and frequent trips to Sephora, "Candy" only recently registered on my olfactory radar. I think it was a combination of the name, which for me is kind of a turn off and the bottle. Both have a cheap, plastic teeny-bopper feel. The bottle and name belie the sophisticated, gourmand scent inside. If you are familiar with Jessica Simpson's, "Fancy," then you have a good idea as to what "Candy" smells like, namely carmel and vanilla. In comparison to "Fancy," "Candy" has a much more sophisticated feel. The caramel scent is muted as a opposed to in your face. The major issue I have with "Candy" is the price tag. It's rather steep for a scent with reported problems with longevity. I recommend choosing "Fancy" if a sweet gourmand scent appeals to you. The differences between these scents fade in time faster than the damage to your credit card when purchasing a scent from Prada.

on 9/13/2013 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This product is very expensive, I do not like the staying power of the perfume or the fine mist that comes from it, I would like it if the spray was harsher so it would last longer on the skin. I think this is overpriced but also underrated for its smell, it smells gorgeous. Gorgeous doesn't even describe it, it smells like heaven! I reccommend this to anyone that likes sweet flowery, sugary smells such as Daisy by Marc Jacobs, Harajuku G by Gwen Stefani or Silk by Zara. I do not reccommend this to anyone that is easily sickened by sugary smells or anyone who does not like flower based perfumes. I give it a 4 out 5 stars because I am in love with the smell. But in a hatred relationship with the staying power.

on 9/6/2013 10:36:00 PM

Someone gave me this perfume as a gift; while it was nice to receive it, I don't think I would purchase it for myself again. Pros: this product lasts a fair amount of time post-application (2-3 hours with just 2 squirts) and comes in a gorgeous package. Cons: It smells a little bit too sweet (verging on cheap) for me!

on 9/5/2013 5:56:00 AM

Everyone has basically described the scent so i wont go on about it. I like the scent and the bottle but i'm quite disappointed it didn't last long like all my other perfumes.

Popular Fragrances