July 29, 2014 | 2173 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Candy EDP

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by erkava2071

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Just purchased the set, 2.5oz EDP, rollerball and lotion for $115, not a bad deal considering you get the large bottle and its an EDP. However for this price I expect MORE LASTING POWER! I'm not the type of person that bathes in perfume either. When I wear good perfume 1-2 spritz does it for my chemistry and taste. With Prada Candy I find myself using more as if it's a bath and body works spray (nothing wrong with bath and body works) just that this is an edp. and Prada and not cheap.
The scent however is lovely, think faint vanilla, with caramel (but not overly burnt and sickly sweet caramel), musky, but not an offensive musky. Personally my favorite note is the benzoin, just because I've loved it in other perfumes and it rounds out the sweetness
The benzoin and the musk turn this sweet concoction into a soft, delicate, slightly sweet and more mature.
With these sweet notes you'd think this is another celebrity-like fragance but it's definitely not. Its a more grown up scent that has sensuality
My only thing is that I find myself looking for the scent on my body and clothes since its a barely there and weak scent but once you find it, its great.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by mallcoremotion

This stuff is incredible. I was in Sephora with one of my friends trying out new perfumes since I seem to get sick of mine after a few uses. At one point I had sprayed this one but I didn't realize I got it on me. A few hours later were in my car and I caught a whiff of my hand and it smelled freaking amazing. I went crazy for days trying to figure out what it was until one day I gave up and went back to Sephora. I had gone through every perfume I remembered spraying leaving this one until last. Any time I'd smelled a sample of it in a magazine I gagged, so I was sure this couldn't be it. Well, I was desperate and gave it a shot.

It is amazeballs. It kind of stinks at first, but once you rub it in and let it sit, it has this slightly sweet, powdery, and pretty scent. It smells like a more adult version of Aqualina Pink Sugar without being too old, I'm only 24 and I would have no complaints wearing this daily. It is a little warm, so I find it maybe a bit too strong for summer heat, but any other day... oh yeah.

My only complaints are the bottle and the price. The only bottle Sephora had had this fugly top that was rounded and black and I found it a little awkward to use. Also, it's 1oz is $60! That's a little high for me right now, I normally wouldn't mind spending the money on a scent i love, but I can't bring myself to do it this time.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was very excited to try this perfume. i love vanilla scents. what i dont like about this scent is that its a cold, chemically vanilla scent, not a warm enveloping one. you can actually buy the fake remake of this stuff at walmart for like 10.00 and it smells the same. It smells cheap (which it so isnt) and very one note.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by jennybeansxo

I love this stuff and people around me loves it too. Okay, firstly, my dad bought this for my mum as a Mother's Day present, and I've never heard this stuff before. But when I tried it, it smells like a sweet vanilla candy and I love the smell of anything vanilla; not too strong not to weak. I started wearing this at school and everyone was literally smelling me. No joke. I spray it 2-3 times before I go somewhere and the smells stays for about 5-6 hours. Although it is very expensive, considering its from an high-end brand. It's definitely worth every penny. I thank my dad for discovering this perfume! xoxo

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Happy, playful, yet subdued enough not to be juvenile. Too bad it doesn't last.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by kyliechester

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I debated on this perfume for a long time, and finally decided to purchase the gift set with the 2.7 ounce perfume. I LOVE it. It works so well my body chemistry and I find that it lasts all day. It smells sweet but not overpowering, and its very warm. I always get compliments when I wear this, and it's well on its way to becoming my signature scent!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Startripgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

kay I first got a sample for this perfume. At first wasn't overall thrilled once it dried it was sweet, not to sweet but right for me after awhile i couldn't help myself to keep smelling myself it smelt soo good on me. the staying power isn't that long, which is abit of a disapointment. which is why i gave it 4 stars and not 5. it's not overwhelming like some fragrances which is good no headaches or nothing for me. i will repurchase this in the future. but still have my eye open for better fragrances and maybe different scents.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Louiseemilyhawkins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this perfume! It lasts all day, although it isn't the longest lasting perfume on the market. One of my favourite smells, a warm sweet scent. The packaging is eye-catching and bright, it comes with a plastic cap around the top so it doesn't break. It's quite expensive, but worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by keleybean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Man it's amazing to me how personal & specific fragrance chemistry works! So many people love this BUT I get a completely different experience with my chemistry! I've read so many reviews, & the people who do not like it (like me) report the same old-ladyish & playdoh smell! And, like others reported, it have me headaches every time I tried it! :( It really must be due to body chemistry! Some perfumes smell the same or similar on all/most people, whereas others are very reliant on personal body chemistry... Maybe this is one of those perfumes you really should sample first before purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by bossofallgloss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My BF doesn't believe that skin chemistry can make a fragrance smell differently from person to person. HA! My BFF had been to Ulta and happened to get 2 samples of Prada Candy. We both sprayed some on and gave it several minutes. It REALLY did not work well on my friend; too sickly sweet and she went to wash it off right away. However, I loved the way it smelled on me; it settled into a warm, sweet musky close-to-the-skin scent. My BFF admitted that I could wear it where she could not; then we got my BF to judge. I'm not saying that he conceded that he was wrong (that'll be the day), but he did like it much much more on me and thought it was bottle-worthy. So do I. :-)