October 30, 2014 | 1824 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Candy EDP

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

THIS PERFUME IS AMAZING, IT SMELLS SWEET AND ITS PERFECT FOR ME, I ALREADY FINISHED ONE BOTTLE AND NOW THE SECOND BOTTLE IS ABOUT TO RUN OUT, FOR ME THIS PERFUME IS THE BEST AND I GET COMPLEMENTS FROM EVERYONE ABOUT HOW GREAT IT SMELLS AND THAT IT FITS MY PERSIONALITY REALLY WELL.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by sillage

I wore my Prada Candy EDP yesterday and wondered why I don't wear it more. It's a caramelly resiny vanilla -- sweet but not too sweet. It's really very good and exactly the type I favor -- oriental woody vanillas -- so I thought, "why don't I wear this more often?".

And then I realized -- it's the name! I wish they hadn't named it Candy. Yes, it's sweet, but it's not like you're actually wearing candy. It's a bit like Jessica Simpson's Fancy, which is also caramelly -- only Candy is deeper, more woody. The benzoin note counterbalances the caramel and adds some oomph, depth, and interest. It's more mature to me than other vanillas -- more of a woody vanilla. I'm going to wear it more often and try to forget its rather misleading name.

Here are the notes, per sephora.com:
- Caramel, Musk, Vanilla, Benzoin.

Once when I was wearing Prada Candy, one of my coworkers came up to me (immediately) and said, "I never do this, but can you tell me what you're wearing?". I've worked with her for over 20 years, I rotate my perfume almost daily, and the first day I wore Candy to work has been the *only* time this particular coworker (a 50-yr-old woman) has liked my perfume enough to ask its name.

Others in this category (to my nose): Jessica Simpson Fancy, Guess by Marciano, Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille, Escada Collection (now d/c'd), Bath & Body Works Sensual Amber, and the Bath & Body Works Limited Edition "Aspen Caramel Woods" that came out at Christmas 2013.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Mewables

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tried to like it, just do not care for it. I don't love, like or hate it. The scent or the bottle. Bit too sweet for my taste, which is expected given the name! The name says it all, smells like syrupy, sweet candy in a bottle, a more grown-up version of kiddie sprays. There's not really a whole lot of Prada scents I do love, but I actually do love Luna Rossa.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Bettyboo1969

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this as a gift and wasn't sure if I would like it and it would be too young. However it is gorgeous and although fruity it has a sexy musky undertone. I have loads of compliements when i wear this, especially from the Men.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like several of Prada's fragrances and am a fan of sweet and gourmand scents, but Prada Candy falls into 'just okay' for me.
It smells like caramel squares that have been spritzed with a bit of a musky perfume and then dusted with baby powder. It doesn't have a ton of throw, but it is noticeable and it does last around 8 hours on my skin.
I don't find it offensive, but I don't really like the powdery edge to it and I find it to be too simple & somewhat bland overall (though it is better layered with other fragrances).
I got a deluxe sample bottle of this for free and wear it sometimes layered with other scents, but I wouldn't pay for a bottle and don't plan on repurchasing if I ever do manage to use up my little 15ml size.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by sareybeary

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Smells wonderful, but the scent just does not last. I rarely splurge for expensive perfumes, so it's a disappointment. I bought my bottle about a month ago and it's already 50% gone. (I do wear it daily, but end up spraying about 4 good sprays before I actually get a good whiff!)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by erkava2071

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Just purchased the set, 2.5oz EDP, rollerball and lotion for $115, not a bad deal considering you get the large bottle and its an EDP. However for this price I expect MORE LASTING POWER! I'm not the type of person that bathes in perfume either. When I wear good perfume 1-2 spritz does it for my chemistry and taste. With Prada Candy I find myself using more as if it's a bath and body works spray (nothing wrong with bath and body works) just that this is an edp. and Prada and not cheap.
The scent however is lovely, think faint vanilla, with caramel (but not overly burnt and sickly sweet caramel), musky, but not an offensive musky. Personally my favorite note is the benzoin, just because I've loved it in other perfumes and it rounds out the sweetness
The benzoin and the musk turn this sweet concoction into a soft, delicate, slightly sweet and more mature.
With these sweet notes you'd think this is another celebrity-like fragance but it's definitely not. Its a more grown up scent that has sensuality
My only thing is that I find myself looking for the scent on my body and clothes since its a barely there and weak scent but once you find it, its great.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by mallcoremotion

This stuff is incredible. I was in Sephora with one of my friends trying out new perfumes since I seem to get sick of mine after a few uses. At one point I had sprayed this one but I didn't realize I got it on me. A few hours later were in my car and I caught a whiff of my hand and it smelled freaking amazing. I went crazy for days trying to figure out what it was until one day I gave up and went back to Sephora. I had gone through every perfume I remembered spraying leaving this one until last. Any time I'd smelled a sample of it in a magazine I gagged, so I was sure this couldn't be it. Well, I was desperate and gave it a shot.

It is amazeballs. It kind of stinks at first, but once you rub it in and let it sit, it has this slightly sweet, powdery, and pretty scent. It smells like a more adult version of Aqualina Pink Sugar without being too old, I'm only 24 and I would have no complaints wearing this daily. It is a little warm, so I find it maybe a bit too strong for summer heat, but any other day... oh yeah.

My only complaints are the bottle and the price. The only bottle Sephora had had this fugly top that was rounded and black and I found it a little awkward to use. Also, it's 1oz is $60! That's a little high for me right now, I normally wouldn't mind spending the money on a scent i love, but I can't bring myself to do it this time.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was very excited to try this perfume. i love vanilla scents. what i dont like about this scent is that its a cold, chemically vanilla scent, not a warm enveloping one. you can actually buy the fake remake of this stuff at walmart for like 10.00 and it smells the same. It smells cheap (which it so isnt) and very one note.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by jennybeansxo

I love this stuff and people around me loves it too. Okay, firstly, my dad bought this for my mum as a Mother's Day present, and I've never heard this stuff before. But when I tried it, it smells like a sweet vanilla candy and I love the smell of anything vanilla; not too strong not to weak. I started wearing this at school and everyone was literally smelling me. No joke. I spray it 2-3 times before I go somewhere and the smells stays for about 5-6 hours. Although it is very expensive, considering its from an high-end brand. It's definitely worth every penny. I thank my dad for discovering this perfume! xoxo

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No