July 31, 2014 | 1777 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Flared Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by celinew167

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara because it's waterproof. It's not one of those that are super hard to take off either. I just use my neutrogena makeup wipes and it comes off if it weren't waterproof love it. Yet it lasts through so much. My favourite part is I don't get raccoon eyes when using this. As well I had a shower and it stayed put. Overall I think it's fantastic for a waterproof mascara. I like the spoon brush it's nice and i think it does make my lashes more visible. But it definitely doesn't separate lashes. I might buy again if I can't find a better waterproof mascara that delivers better. But for now I guess this is my HG waterproof mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by kmciolli

I like the Falsies, I think it really does accentuate your lashes and makes them look much fuller and longer with more volume.

The flared version of this definitely did make the ends of my eyelashes flare out (if you apply it properly according to the directions. Wiggle the brush for more effect). I bought it in Blackest Black. It did not clump much. I would use this mascara more for night than day.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by wredavis

At first I really liked this mascara. It gives great volume and when it says it is waterproof it is NOT kidding. However, I found that even though I took it off with eye makeup remover, it left a thick residue on my lashes that made it not apply so effectively the following times. It is just too much of a hassle to wear daily, but if you need waterproof and volume, I would definitely recommend this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by sssasha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The best mascara I've ever tried (and I've tried a lot) The wand is especially great as it is curved so it colours to the very tip of each lash and the best thing is, it doesn't make your lashes clump together. Truely accentuates my eyes as well and my lashes are now long, curled and thick (but not clumpy) and makes my eyes absolutely pop!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by catwhiskers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG of mascara has been for over a year now Falsies Flared Waterproof in Black Drama. I have not had this many repurchases since (RIP) Max Factor 2000 calorie in waterproof black. I find that, while the volume is great it leaves a little to be desired in the lenghening department (i am 47 and my lashes are past their glory days) so I use a base mascara that is for length as a primer and use this as a top coat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe how much I love this mascara. I haven't worn drugstore mascara in a couple years, because I have the oiliest eyelids imaginable, and even waterproof formulas smudged everywhere on me. I have only used tubing mascaras since I discovered them, but I recently ran out and had heard Missglamorazzi on youtube rave about this, and since she also has oily lids, I thought I'd give it a shot. I cannot believe the volume this gives! It's really great. It's fine as far as lengthening goes, but I actually have really long lashes and only look for major volume in a mascara. I also never get clumps with this because the formula is really dry, which I prefer. It doesn't smudge or flake at all on me, and removes without taking my lashes with it. (I use CVS brand waterproof eyemakeup remover). I was using Eyeko skinny brush, but it didn't give as much volume as I like (b/c it's a lengthening mascara) and the mascara itself was a little wet for me, so I think this is going to become my new old faithful

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by AshlindMK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. It is the only mascara I have ever found that gives me length AND volume. I love love love the wand; it makes it easy for me to apply. The only problem I have with it is that when the tube goes dry, which for me is about 3 weeks after purchase, it gets extremely clumpy :( As for packaging, I have never had a problem with it, but every time I show a friend or family member, they ALWAYS say that the tube feels so light weight that they don't think there is anything in it. So, this probably isn't the highest quality in packaging, but for me, it's really the quality of the mascara formula! Also, I have tried the non-waterproof version of Falsies Flared, and I have to say that it really didn't do anything for me. I curl my lashes before applying mascara and the waterproof version keeps them in place, exactly as I curled them...but the non-waterproof made them stick straight.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by bridget88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great mascara - it adds a lot of volume and length to lashes, especially when they are quite fair. Will definitely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by libbyfranc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

At first, I really liked this mascara, and it was my go-to. When you first use it, the first week is awesome- gives great volume, separation, clump free, length, everything you could possibly want and more, lol. but after one week, this mascara changes its tone! It clumps badly, flakes like crazy, and the tube is completely dried out in less than 2 weeks. If you want to keep up with this mascara, you would have to buy a new tube (at a little over $8 a pop) every week. Not worth the money for such a short lifespan. I would pass this one up as it dries out way too quickly. It also makes your lashes crunchy, and I hate that :(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by rlsadc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using Falsies since it came out. I noticed the flared edition awhile ago, and I have been using it in my mascara routine ever since. I will start with a couple of tips to really get this mascara to work. Make sure your lashes are completely clear of any other mascara. Once it has gone on once, going over it again will just lead to clumping and balling. So I always put this on first, and only once. You can really work up a good coat, but only on the first application. Any efforts after that are futile.

I use Lash Stiletto to add to the length and for any touch ups. So my routine is Falsies first to really get some awesome volume going, and then I use Lash Stiletto on my ends to really add some length. I get awesome lashes every time without fail. Just to note, I have very light, medium length lashes. The brush isn't great for grabbing those tiny end lashes that like to hide since its pretty big, so I use the much thinner wand from Lash Stiletto to help with those.

In conclusion, this mascara gives tons of volume and really helps bring awesome shape to your lashes. Pair it with a good lengthening mascara and you will have perfection. If you have really long natural lashes, I am sure you could skip that step. Def my HG mascara.