Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.6

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 2/21/2015 6:00:00 PM

I purchased this product in fair-light honey, lived with it for a total if three 10 hour working days, applied porefessional primer, stippled Tarte's foundation with a brush and this was my experience. My first impression was that it is very natural looking and match my skin color so perfectly there was no need for blending onto my neck. I walked out of the door happy with my make up. An hour into working I took a trip to the bathroom looked in the mirror and noticed the foundation had moved quite a bit and started to separate around my nose and mouth. This only worsened as the day went on and the make up separated so much my make up was gone in the those areas. The second day I tried to give it another chance because I thought a setting spray might help keep it in it's place. Long story short, Tarte's foundation does not compliment combination skin. It pulled the oils from my face leaves it dry and damaged. I wouldn't recommend this product to any one who has an even semi oily T-Zone.

on 2/20/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I'm so in love with this product. It doesn't give me the full coverage for my acne scars but my face looks natural with it. My face is oily if I use other liquid foundation but this is great because it is clay. The consistency is very good and my face doesn't look cakey with it. Just apply this Tarte clay foundation and spray my face with MAC mineral spray & I'm ready to go. I'm so happy how my face look like. It's so NATURAL! I LOVE IT!

on 2/18/2015 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. Its consistency is perfect for my combination, acne prone skin. It has a wide range of shades and stays put all day, which is all I've ever wanted in a foundation. I get medium-full coverage with one layer applied with a beauty blender, and full coverage when applied with a stippling brush. I prefer the look with a beauty blender, because it looks almost invisible. It has more of a matte finish, but not too flat, and feels like I'm not wearing any foundation t all. It's a little on the pricier end for mid end foundation, but a little goes a long way. I love the tube packaging because it gives you control over exactly how much you use.

on 2/15/2015 11:19:00 AM

I have extremely problematic skin, so I am always on the hunt for a new foundation that will help cover my blemishes without making them worse. Overall, I would say this is a great everyday foundation, but it by no means is going to make your skin look flawless. I have tried to put this on using multiple methods: fingers, brush, sponge, but I find that using your fingers is the best way to apply. Although this claims to be full coverage, the foundation is creamy and thick, but requires multiple applications to build to full coverage. Unfortunately even with primer, concealer, and powder, I find that this does not stay on and looks cakey when applying more than one layer. I also have noticed it will settle into pores, dry patches, and fine lines. Despite these downfalls, the foundation does stay on. I think this would work well for normal/como skin, but if you are extremely oily you will be disappointed. I would recommend this if you have relatively clear skin and need some extra coverage for the occasional breakout.

I really love that Tarte makes an effort to use less harsh chemicals in their products, but this foundation was disappointing.

on 2/9/2015 3:33:00 PM

I cannot say enough good things about this foundation. I am not at all oily but it really is my best match ever. The color is perfect, the formula is so lightweight, and it blends wonderfully. The formula seems a but strange at first since it is exemplifies the "clay" in the name of the product. It's thick and seems like it would just cake on, but it goes on so smoothly. It also really lasts 12 hours. After work I would just need to add a light dusting of powder and I would be good to go grab dinner. Though it is a bit expensive I feel like I use less product than my less expensive drug store foundations. Previously MAC was my hg foundation but this really blows that out of the water. I am in serious love.

on 2/6/2015 8:01:00 PM

I gave this foundation three lippies because there are some good qualities, 1.) It's made with less chemicals and has nice natural ingredients 2.) Nice creamy formula that blends well 3.) Feels moisturizing doesn't dry out skin 4.) Nice yellowish shades that match well. The things i didn't like to point that i wouldn't purchase this foundation again are 1.) Makes skin oily after only hour, i think the clay in this actually pulls the skins oil to the surface which makes you use alot more powder even during winter months. 2.) Seeps into pores making them much more visible. 3.) Foundation formula can make you look caking 4.) Not really full coverage.

on 2/4/2015 9:34:00 AM

I bought this foundation after all the rave reviews on social media. Finding a color match was tough and it oxidizes on me pretty badly. I like the way it applies with a beauty blender but that's where the like ends. It sticks to all of my fine lines and then transfers really badly. Also after about 2 hours of wear, my skin starts to itch and i can literally see white head pimples coming to the surface. While I have dry skin, I've never had issues with anything clogging my pores.

on 2/2/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have super sensitive skin. By that I mean my skin is extremely acne prone on the forehead and tends to dry out easily. I originally purchased this foundation as an emergency because I had the worst break out of my life two days before prom. It claimed to be full coverage and felt very nice on my skin when I swatched it in the store. There was a decent range of shades (I'm medium-sand loloolol of course I'm a sandy colour just like the desert hahah) for lighter skinned people. Anyway, I'm a HUGE Tarte fan like debatably the biggest in the world. Unfortunately, I found that this foundation did not have full coverage much to my disappointment and did a reallly good job of making the dryness in my skin even more visible. I would say that it's more like a tinted moisturizer and is wonderful for summertime when you want just a little something but not too much. As a general rule I hate wearing foundation because it makes my face sting and I just want to rip it off...this foundation does not do this to me! Yay!!

on 2/2/2015 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my absolute HG foundation. I have very oily skin, and my makeup usually runs down my face by lunch, but this stuff easily lasts 12 hours on me. Yes, it is a little pricey, but it is an excellent product and the color matches me perfectly. It has a nice light scent, barely noticeable and it soaks into my skin well. It is thick, but very easy to rub in, I use a beauty blender most of the time for application. THE BEST STUFF EVER!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It's great it's a heavy foundation that you could use lightly or heavily as needed! it gives my face a great matte feeling!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown