Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 6/2/2015 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have really sensitive and dry skin and was told at Sephora that this foundation would work for me. The first time I used it, it looked good and stayed on pretty well. However, the next when I woke up my face was super itchy and one big break out all over my face. I thought it was something else that was making me break since I did buy more than one thing at Sephora. Unfortunately after ruling other products out I did narrow it down to the foundation. I was so disappointed and still looking.

I bought this product because I read reviews that it would be good for sensitive skin, but the times that I uses it, it just made me look super greasy, even when I set it with powder. I was really disappointed. I gave it a few trys, but I returned it. I'm really sad it didn't work for me because it did provide decent coverage.

on 5/13/2015 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Although I really liked this foundation when I first applied it, I was unimpressed with how it wore throughout the day. At first, the foundation applied really nicely (with the Tarte Airbrush foundation brush) and it had a mousse-like consistency. I was able to get a medium coverage with one layer of product and a fuller coverage if I added more. It never really looked or felt heavy, it just looked nice.

What I didn't like about it was that I never felt like it really set. It was supposed to be long-wearing but it would just slide off of my face. I tried different primers and powders but I would still find myself looking patchy at the end of the day from where the product had rubbed off. If i touched my face, my finger would be covered in make-up. I ended up with foundation all over my phone and my clothes. I feel like a foundation that claims to be a 12-hour wear should not slide off so easily, especially on someone who doesn't have oily skin. I used the entire tube because I didn't want to deal with shipping it back, but I will not repurchase it.

on 5/6/2015 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I like in a muggy sub tropical city and I have combo skin with a very oily tzone, so you would think that this foundation would be a hit with me. Unfortunately, it was horrible. This settled like crazy into lines I didn't even know I had. It cracked all over the place and looked cakey. I have no idea how this works for anyone.

on 5/6/2015 12:58:00 PM

Product comes in a squeeze out plastic bottle. The foundation itself in my opinion is great! glides on smoothly, doesn't set into facial lines like others do, doesn't give a cakey type look. It lasts, although i'm not sure if for 12 hours because i've never worn it that long. I do know I would purchase again. I highly recommend this foundation, especially to older women.

on 5/6/2015 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Broke me out every time n look really cakey

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The woman at sephora told me this was a good full coverage foundation so i decided to buy it, and man was i unimpressed. This foudation is not very blendable and felt dry going on my face. This is more like medium coverage, it definitely did not cover the redness. Returned

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I absolutely love Tarte and I bought the Airbrush Bamboo Foundation Brush with this because I was so excited. I got this as a recommendation from my best friend and I hated it! I don't know what it was about the application or the finish...but this just did not work well with my skin. I have combination skin and this emphasized all my pores and kind of looked like I put cake frosting on my face. I also broke out after using this and I do NOT break out easily. I have tried coming back to this a few times but I eventually returned it. Sucks it didnt work out for me.

on 4/30/2015 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I got this as a sample in Medium Tan Honey and Tan Honey since those are basically the only two selections for skintones that are Tan but not deep tan (NC40-45). I loved this foundation it looked so smooth and it lasted so long I mean I remember looking into the mirror like 4 hours into wearing this foundation and I was just amazed but how nice my skin looked. I don't know if its what I did prior to putting on this foundation that made such a difference (cleansed face with all natural soap bar, , becca shimmer liquid mixed with stila one step as primer) or if the foundation is just amazing. it is full coverage but it doesnt feel like you are wearing anything and its super blendable it also has a nice finished which is not too matte so powder was not necessary. i love this foundation and i think everyone should give it a try (get a sample) because it does work for a large variety of people and compared to other foundations, it does have really good ingredients

on 4/29/2015 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Every time I use this foundation every pore on my face is magnified 100%! I hate it. I love most Tarte products so I thought I would like this too but I couldn't be more wrong, it's horrible for my skin. I've given it so many chances...it just doesn't work for me. I'll stick to the Tarte airbrush foundation or their BB cream. (Both wonderful products)

Video Reviews & Tutorials

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown