October 26, 2014 | 949 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by toria444

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I have very oily/acne prone skin. My face gets oily within the first 2-3 hours after applying makeup. I have acne marks/scars and huge pores. I have been using Bare Minerals ready foundation for the last year and before that I used their original foundation for many years as well (both in matte). I started to get a little bored with my makeup routine and wanted to start using a liquid (in the past I have used Lancôme). So I did a search on makeupalley and found this foundation. I saw some videos on YouTube and decided to purchase it. I went to Sephora and got color matched with Medium Honey. I didn't get the loose power at that point because I also had to buy a foundation brush. I also had asked the sales lady if it was ok if I used my Mineral Veil on top. She said it was perfectly OK. Plus, I didn't really like the fact that Tarte's loose powder was shimmery. The first few times I wore the foundation, I was on the fence. Indoors it looked good, but when I was outdoors the color seemed to be too dark for me. At this point I was using Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless Primer (which was running pretty low). While using this foundation with the before mentioned primer and powder, my face looked unfinished. It looked as if my every pore and/or dent in my skin was shown. So I went to Ulta to find a new primer since I was running low. The sales lady was trying to get me to buy some other unknown brand from QVC which I was hesitant. I was looking for something that would keep shine away better and would help my skin look more flawless. She then suggested Benefit's Stay Flawless primer and their POREfessional Agent Zero Shine powder. Got them both and tried them both. Ended up returning the primer and again repurchased Tartes primer. I know this is lengthy but I feel it is important to understand what worked and what didn't. In the end I am so happy using Tarte's primer and foundation with Benefit's powder. They all look so flawless together. Even my husband noticed ( and he never notices differences in makeup). I still of course get shiny (mostly on my nose with my glasses). But the shine isn't as much as before and it appears later in the day, rather than in the beginning. And with the combination of the three products, my foundation no longer looks too dark for me while outdoors, it matches and looks smoother and much more soft as well. To quote my husband, my face makeup now looks "complete". So if you have similar skin like me, try it. And if you don't immediately like it, then changing the rest of your routine may be the key. I also have not noticed any new breakouts. I always have a little going on but this foundation didn't make me break out more than Bare Minerals. I also only wear makeup 3-4 days a week in order to let my skin breathe, which may help too.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by xDevochkax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Another beauty product I had high hopes for. I've seen this raved by many on YouTube so I got suckered in. I wore the shade Fair - now renamed Fair-Sand - and it was a perfect match. Unfortunately it had a much less than perfect performance. I have very odd and temperamental combination skin. It's dry in the winter, normal/dry in the summer, and is on-and-off dehydrated. Nomatter what the condition of my skin is at any given time, this looked terrible on me. I definitely don't think it should be marketed for all skin types.

The only visible pores I have are on my nose yet this sunk into and accentuated every flaw on my face. Even pores that aren't visible showed through under this foundation. I'm going on 27 and have a couple of small fine lines on my forehead, and this made them look so much worse than they actually are. Also, you need a seriously matte setting powder or it transfers like crazy.

2 stars for it being full coverage and for not breaking me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by raelynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Folks, the brush is key with this foundation. The brush allows you to buff it in so it doesn't look cakes or overdone. So, splurge and get the brush. The brush could be used with other foundations, and is just amazing. Love this line, but find I have to go a bit lighter than my skin tone, to look natural.,

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

It was too orangey for my skin time. And it was sort of glittery. It didn't look good at all! It clings to dry patches and if you have acne, it will just emphasize your bumps. I would not say it's full coverage. More like medium. I had to return it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by FallenLeaf

I have been trying to find a foundation I am happy with. I have used many and decided to try a more expensive one. Needless to say I wasn't happy. It's very cakey and looks HORRIBLE on. I had my color matched up by a make-up person at ULTA so I know it was the right color, but how it looked was horrible. It was also flakey. I would never buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by margomiller

This foundation is truly the worst I have ever used. It will make you look dry and flakey, even if you're not. The "paler" colors are a sickly white that I have never seen as a skin color. The coverage SUCKS!! I would say to put on 2 layers but this foundation is literally a clay paste and feels gross. I have tried with a flat top kabuki brush and a damp beauty blender. Not worth the money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by x8Sophie

I had high expectations for this product cause it sounded so perfect, and boy was a I wrong. It was pretty expensive and it made my face look cakey and didn't blend well into my skin

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Terpsichorean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Short review for this foundation - it settled into pores big time so I sent it back to QVC.

If you don't have a problem with enlarged pores then I would think this foundation is definitely worth a shot, coverage was good and wasn't too mask-like.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Ammiglammi

I have combo/oily skin and this foundation works wonders! It applies smoothly, stays in place and is medium/full coverage. This is by far my favorite foundation and I don't think I will find a better one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by ccarebear344

I am extremely fair skinned and can never find high quality foundation that does not oxidize. This is perfect in ivory, and lasts all day! This foundation is extremely thick and creamy- works much better in the winter than the summer. During the summer, I usually mix with with my moisturizer to thin it out. I love that tarte is all natural and that it does not make my skin break out!