December 20, 2014 | 889 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by julinavarrete87

I love this stuff! Its sooo great it'll last all day as long as you do proper work. Like it will rub off if you don't prime and set, you need to use a sponge or brush to apply for best even coverage, which now writing this review it sound bad, but i don't like using my hands to apply foundation and i don't mind the primer because it'll help keep shit out of my face and the foundation is a little dewy which i love in the morning cause it makes you look fresh but as the day goes on dewy starts to look oily so a setting powder is fine with me too. i got the medium honey which is great for me during the summer it starts off looking a little red at first but then blends perfectly the lighter one im excited for. Just because its a new box but the end of summer is here an a color change is going to be necessary and a winter color and summer color blend to make fall and spring so excited for a new box to open. I have noticed though how great my skin has been since i have started to use this foundation, less black heads and comedones which i would state to being the fault of foundation as that is the only thing i have changed in my facial routine. sooo overall super duper happy

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by HeyItsLiv

My holy grail foundation! Just love it. I have oily and acne prone skin and this is amazing, for it really controls the shine and lasts 12 hours as it says, covers well, and it doesn't break me out. It looks very natural too. It doesn't crease or look cakey or heavy, even if I accidently put too much on one day. Also the color selection is awesome. They have so many to choose from and with the help of a worker at Ulta I was able to find the perfect color that matches my skin tone wonderfully. It's best when set with the Tarte finishing powder but even without it it's still great. It doesn't even look like I'm wearing makeup even when covering my acne spurts. Definitely worth the price. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know alot of people rave about this product, but I really didn't care for it-it's probably more than it's just wrong for my skin type. This is probably better for a person that had more oily skin. I have extremely dry skin, & I've now learned that alot of products that say 'full-coverage' just are not going to work well on me. It was just way too thick & heavy didn't glide on that nicely. It didn't feel good on either. I did like that it came in lots of different colors though. But for my dry skin, it just looked like makeup sitting on top of my skin, if that makes any sense. I also felt that it collected into the lines in my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Catet91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried this foundation in several shades a handful of times and I just don't like it. Coverage is ok. Texture feels very cakey and like a clay-paste. I feel like all of the shades are either too orange or have a white cast to them! Yuck!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

This was pretty good. I do like it over most foundations but I like Revlon whipped better. I have oily skin and this was one of the better foundations for my skin type that I have used but the whipped by Revlon blows this out of the water.
If this was given to me I would use it but I would not spend my money on it again..unless Revlon is discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Teen84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this foundation!.. I have an acne prone skin and this is the ONLY that does not break me out!!!.. It feels like nothing in your skin, sooo natural but with a descent coverage. You can play with this for a full coverage with a second layer.
I do not need to retouch during the day.
I use the Amazonian clay finishing powder to set up my makeup and that's all what i need to have a beautiful complexion for 10 to 12 hours!. I use my Real Techniques Expert Brush with this and is the perfect combo! To apply the finishing powder i use the MAC 182... Just amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by leh529

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just recently bought this product. I had originally received a generous sample from sephora. I love the mousse like texture. I find it applies best with my fingers versus a foundation brush. I would like to try it with a beauty blender, but I have yet to purchase one. I have extremely acne prone skin. This foundation does not break me out. It's the only one I have found. I would say the coverage is medium. It still looks natural, but blemishes need concealer. I have received quite a few compliments while wearing this foundation which has never happened before. It lasts a decent amount of time when set with Tarte finishing powder. I will repurchase, but there is a decent amount of product in the tube so it will be awhile. I love this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i really have a love hate relationship with this foundation. its mostly love but some days i put this on and i hate the way my skin looks. but i think its because ill accidentally use too much and go over board. its awesome coverage and a little goes a long way. its a mousee like texture and i think it could be great for either dry or oily skinned people. it doesnt last a long time but pretty decent. ill always have it on hand because it never breaks me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Kayyy45

This is probably my favorite foundation. And I've tried just about everything from drugstore to mac to urban decay to estee lauder and clinique, benefit to lorac and BM (which I also like) as well as bb creams and all that good stuff. I like my tarte foundation a lot. It's creamy and smooth which is what I need on my weird textured skin. It's medium coverage. Not full. Some of my blemishes show through but i like it because it looks more natural. I suggest trying it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by aquaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in the shade "Fair Sand". I think it's a pretty good match for my skin tone. I've never been matched at MAC but I would guess I'm around an NC15, maybe somewhere between NC15-20. It is a fair, yellow toned shade.
The finish it gives is semi-matte. It's a really nice finish, the fact that it is not completely matte makes it look more natural. You can easily go for a fully matte finish with setting powder.
Oil control was decent. When I wear this all day, I find myself getting a little shiny at the end of the day, but it isn't that bad.
I have acne prone skin and this foundation doesn't cause any problems for me.
This definitely isn't a full coverage foundation. I would place it more in the medium to medium-full range. I tried to layer more on to make it fuller coverage but it just made it look cakey. This foundation looks best applied in a thin layer.
It also has a tendency to enhance dry patches, so make sure you exfoliate/moisturize if you plan on wearing this.
I have applied this with my fingers, but it is definitely a foundation best applied with a brush. I didn't buy the Tarte brush you're supposed to use; I've just been using the RT Buffing Brush and it has applied quite well.

Overall, I like this foundation, but I probably won't repurchase. It's quite expensive (~$50 CAD), and for the price I would expect it to live up to its expectations, namely, that it would actually be full coverage. Also for that price, it shouldn't look cakey so easily.