April 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - master drama eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by imadesphousewife

This is by far my favorite eyeliner. I'm not great with liquid, pencil doesn't give enough staying power. This is easy to control going on, and looks terrific and stays in place. Definetely my HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by tanyagovea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought 2 of these in the color midnight master which is the black.
I love my UD zero and wanted something more darker for my waterline, I heard this one was really black and creamy. Well this one reminded of the the one milani has thats also popular for being real dark but that one hurts my eyes to the point I need to take it off. This master drama also was uncomfortable it made my vision a tad blurry and my eyes watered a bit.It is very black and creamy but I rather not use. I have 1 up for swap its new.
Im starting to think that the blacker the more irritating is gonna be on my eyes, ill stick with zero.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I thought I was having issues with the twist-up mechanism, but it turns out you just have to twist it slowly. I used the entire product up without any issues! It's DARK black, very creamy, and stays PUT. LOVE this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by kalliejane85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this eyeliner in Midnight Master and I am absolutely in love! I am a black eyeliner junkie and I am happy to say this is my new HG. Goes on so smoothy, no dragging or skipping and actually stays put, which is so hard to find with a creamy eyeliner. Ive tried all the gel liners and they always end up smudging and clinging to my bottom lashes...not this one! Color stays intense through out the day but still comes off clean with makeup remover. Mad props to Maybelline for this one :o)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by CloudySkye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeliner. It's a twist up eyeliner which makes it very easy to apply on your tightline. It does smudge on me but it does fade by the end of the day: however, I only wear it on my tight line and waterline, and since it isn't water proof it does a remarkable job of staying on so close to my eye.

This morning, I reached for my Urban Decay glide on eye pencil because I used this one yesterday. The urban decay one did not appear on my tight line at all! I didn't want to swipe too hard because it is a sensitive part of the eye. I grabbed my maybelline eyeliner and one swipe was thick and black.

It isn't super easy to remove but it doesn't latch itself to your eye in a bad way either.

This is definitely worth the money. Good job maybelline!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by ziggymari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Maybelline Master Drama Eyeliner is the BEST eyeliner i have ever used. I've had my share with many translucent eyeliners where you have to constantly swipe on then wait to dry and then swipe on more to darken, but Master Drama glides on very smoothly, and very dark with one streak! It is definitely a bit pricey for an eyeliner, but i will continuously buy(if they discontinue i will go crazy-.-). I 100% recommend this product you wont be disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought Bold Brown and Coal Commander, which were exactly what I was hoping for from Neutrogena's Plum Drop and Brushed Pewter, respectively. They have much more definition than Neutrogena, and stay on MUCH longer - at the end of a long day, I still have a definite, if slightly smuged/faded, line (especially with Coal Commander), whereas Neutrogena fades away almost entirely. The colors are nice, too: Coal Commander is a nice, subtle, slightly brightening gray (I find pure black a little too dramatic for everyday wear) with a hint of shimmer, and Bold Brown is a warm coppery brown (although it can be easily layered into a darker chocolate brown), again with some sparkle to it (although without at all being obtrusive or tacky), that really brings out my green eyes.

However, one weird thing I've been noticing is that the formulas appear to be different - Bold Brown is A LOT softer and smudgier, while Coal Commander is firmer and holds its shape better. This means that it's a little more difficult getting a really tight, defined line with BB, but it's better for a bold, broad look, as it doesn't require as many swipes to get a broad line. BB also seems to come off a little sooner than CC, although, like I said, the staying power on both is decent.

The only thing keeping me from giving these five lippies is the packaging. As many others have commented, you don't get a lot of product for your money, there's no sharpener or smudger, and the twisty mechanism is terrible - it just plain doesn't work a lot of the time, and once it does, there's no way to twist it back down, so I keep nicking the edge with the lid, and I have to be careful taking the lid off, in case I nick it even worse.

All in all, I would definitely repurchase both of these (they're my go-to eyeliners), but I would do so even quicker if Maybelline fixed the packaging issues.

EDIT: I don't know if they changed the formula or what, but I've used up and repurchased both, and the wear time on the new ones is awful. Like, almost-completely-gone-after-six-hours awful. I've started to have to set them with eyeshadow, which I never had to do before, and even that only helps so much. So while I guess I'll repurchase these again the next time around because A) I'm lazy, B) I'm a creature of habit, and C) I like the colors, something has definitely gone wrong here, and if I were still in the process of shopping around, I'd keep looking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I got this in the Sapphire Strength and Vibrant Violet because I find it extremely hard to find bright colorful eyeliners and these seemed pretty spot on from photos. I love to use purple as an eye popping alternative to brown. The colors are vivid and I love that, but there are two big set backs. One is that it's mechanical, but there isn't a sharpener attached, so I have to use one from a mechanical lip liner (check the bottoms of yours, you maybe have one and not know it. It's the colored/lower portion and should slide right out and just sharpen the tip a bit. These don't have one.) No biggie. Can't make a nice point but I use the Maybelline gel liner to add for purple, though the color and consistency isn't nearly as good, you can't tell when they are both on.The other problem however, is that they don't really last on the water line. I find almost all color eyeliners to be that way. They smudge and create raccoon eyes. I did find out though, that you can line your lash line, just outside the water line on the bottom, and it will create a cool effect when you line the water line in black. It really makes the color and your eyes pop and seems to stay put a little better there. I don't know yet if I would repurchase, sometimes I shop around, but these are pretty decent.

Update: Find the Nyx Slide on to be brighter and better, so I won't be getting these again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup963

I purchased this product in vibrant violet and I completely love it! it goes on sooo smoothly (no pulling or tugging) and the pigmentation is insane. I'd for sure repurchase this. Unfortunately I had to return this product twice because the twist-able applicator wouldn't work. But since I go to Walmart practically ever day it wasn't a huge deal. Would recommend this to everyone especially to those with sensitive eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by spookibelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in Midnight Master, on sale at Shoppers for $7 (it's usually around $10 at Wal-Mart). I got it because I had heard amazing things about the staying power, which is absolutely true! I had this pencil on my waterlines, and even as I kept dabbing my eyes with tissue (I have very watery eyes some days), I never saw any black on the tissue at all! I'm not really a fan of automatic liners and find this one a bit hard to twist up, but I will re-purchase it because of the staying power.