December 21, 2014 | 1896 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by gmagana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the brush and packaging of this mascara, but hated the formula. It weighs my eyelashes down completely and its impossible to get off. I seriously don't get the hype with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a mini They're Real as part of the Sephora birthday present last year and I was so excited to try this mascara. The hype surrounding it is enormous. However, I can't say I was really impressed. It does make my naturally short, light lashes look nice and full but the volume and length is not amazing. Nobody would believe you have falsies on if you're just wearing this. The brush is a gimmick; I don't think the ball at the end does anything to make your lashes look better.

This is also a real pain to get off. I recommend an oil cleanser to remove or else you're going to have panda eyes.

I'm glad I got a mini one to try out and that I didn't spend the money on a full-sized tube. I don't think I'll repurchase it. There are much better (and cheaper) options at the drugstore.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by meglovesbeauty

I do not like this mascara.

Simple as.

It dried up within a few weeks and I feel like I needed loads of coats to achieve full, thick and voluminous lashes!

If I'd have paid drugstore price (10 maximum) for this product I'd be pretty happy with it but I think 19.50 is just silly amounts for a mascara that wasn't that great for me!

I have friends with really short, stubby lashes who really enjoy this mascara, whereas I have standard length, thick-ish lashes naturally so maybe this is why I can't see the effects of it as much as they can.

Saying this, I still don't think that it's worth the price and there are about 10 drugstore mascaras I'd reach for over this any day! (Maybelline Falsies and Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra to name just two)

I would recommend going to your local counter and trying this first before purchasing as there are so many mixed reviews about it but for me, I won't be repurchasing!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by rarahsamirez

It was alright. Nothing special. For $25 I expected more

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by ivankaranka

This product lives up to the hype. My lashes look like I put on false lashes, they have length volume. Most importantly i could add so many coats and they won't clump, they don't budge. It doesn't claim to be waterproof but it definitely is. The only con i can find is the price, 24 dollars is a bit pricey for a mascara but its worth every penny. I really expected this mascara to suck but i guess it depends on the person. They have a trial size for ten dollars at sephora and ulta so if you want to give this mascara a chance but don't want to splurge this would be a good alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Maybeshewasbornwithit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, this product is quite pricey but definitely worth it in my opinion. I have quite naturally long lashes and this is the only product that I can use which doesn't make them look scary or spiky looking. It gives quite a natural look but you can choose to build it up to give a more false lash effect. It also lasts for a very long time (which might not be so great if you're looking for short term use) and is also kind of hard to get off. But, it doesn't clump and it does look great on so thats the main bonus for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I found it hard to apply and the results weren't work it... it made my eyelashes stick straight out which is funny, since my eyelashes are naturally curled up. At least it didn't clump?

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by adorkablewun

The biggest problem with this mascara is the terrible smearing! It doesn't do much for my lashes either. It ends up on the bottom of my lashes within a few hours or less. I really don't like to re-apply or clean up my makeup throughout the day, but this product kind of forces me to do so.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by cgarcia5

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about this type of mascara. I ended up finding the travel size in my room so I decided to give it a try and I love how it gave my eyelashes such good length and volume. I don't know if I will purchase the full size because it is expensive and why pay so much if you remove it at the end of the day, if anything I will just purchase the travel size and wear it on special occasions.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by skschmidt4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Alright, first off, I love Benefit and the majority of their products. I tried this because I had heard rave reviews from friends. It DOES make my lashes look beautiful - very long, curly, and full. However, it makes them SO hard and gross feeling, and getting this stuff off is literally almost impossible. I lose eyelashes every single time I try to get it off, even with my Clinique eye makeup remover. I will honestly go back to my MAC mascara, because it does the same thing but isn't as gross or hard to remove.