BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2091 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 7/25/2015 8:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I got this mascara for Christmas 2014 and I used it everyday for about five months until it eventually ran out. I have naturally very long and thick eyelashes so I can often go without mascara but when I used this I found myself looking wide eyed and awake. The shape of the brush/wand makes it really easy to apply to every single lash, and if applying more than one coat can create a very dramatic look. As much as I do love this mascara, the only downside is how difficult it is to remove, even after having a bath or shower it still stays put, Benefit do offer a They're real! remover but this is also a little pricey at 14.50. I haven't repurchased yet but I will do at another time in the near future.

on 7/23/2015 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this mascara. My grandma loves it too!! Before I was using Maybelline's Great Lash mascara. It worked well enough and it was cheap, but after receiving a sample of this madcap from Sephora I'm not planning on going back.

on 7/22/2015 3:51:00 PM

For the cost, the performance of this product was disappointing. It gave me little volume or length. I liked the brush shape but other than that the product made little impact on me.

on 7/20/2015 11:20:00 AM

Bought this without trying a sample. My lashes are medium length and straight and this mascara clumps terribly. Formula is very wet and stays that way for quite some time. The brush is very cumbersome and sharp. I've tried being patient during application for better results, but that doesn't work either. I'll stick with my drugstore brands. They work better and they're far less expensive.

on 7/18/2015 11:01:00 AM

I found this mascara to be extreme in both its benefits (no pun intended) and its drawbacks. The benefits: It does give a thick, dark coat of mascara and definitely adds volume. If you apply it carefully and twirl the brush just so, it lengthens and curls slightly. Drawbacks: I have short lashes, and they end up simply clumping together unless I apply multiple coats sparingly and build up slowly, making sure I go all the way to the ends of the lashes and finally reapplying to just the tips. It also flaked some and was exceptionally difficult to remove.

Bottom line: For me the cons outweighed the pros. I can get this mascara to work well, but the method is too cumbersome, and there is a large margin of error. I bet that if you have naturally long lashes, this would work better, but for my short ones, it has a high probability of making a clumpy mess.

on 7/18/2015 1:23:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

LOVE this mascara very defining! This adds really nice length and curls evenly!

on 7/17/2015 7:26:00 PM

It gives my lashes the perfect volume and length, lasts a long time.

I got this in the travel size at sephora after using the travel size badGal lash till is was finished. This was out brand new so i took a chance on it. Initially I hated it, it was clumpy and did nothing good for my lashes. However after a couple of uses it got much better. My lashes looked thick and fluffy it was amazing! The only downside I have to say was it flaked under my eyes which was a pain. I don't know if I'd take the plunge to buy the full size tube but i definitely would buy the travel size tube again.

on 7/14/2015 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

the best mascara i have ever used; none will ever compare. the length it gives is amazing, the volume is to die for, and it still manages to hold a curl! i honestly can't say how many of these i've been through and i will always repurchase!

on 7/14/2015 12:32:00 PM

Recieved this in my birchbox, LOVE. I already had mascara on and put it over the elf lengthening and volumizing mascara, BEAUTIFUL! On its on it is beautiful too! I like the end to get the little inner corners. It Volumizes and lengthens and just makes my eyelashes POP. They do not however, Curl naturally. I curl my eyelashes regardless but without curl it doesnt at all and i dont believe it says it curls? not sure. LOVE

Video Reviews & Tutorials