BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2057 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 6/8/2015 8:47:00 PM

Got a sample of this. I'm glad i didn't buy the big version. This mascara makes my lashes look spidery and clumpy. I'm just not impressed at all. The only thing I can say good is it doesn't flake and stays on my lashes well. Too expensive to be so clumpy!

on 6/7/2015 10:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

For the price, not worth it. You will find drug store mascaras that surpass this. It claims to add volume (make them look thicker) lengthen & seperate. All it really does is lengthen. I only liked it when I paired it, but the mascara I use does all 3 this claims to do. Which defeats the purpose for me to purchase, plus is just money down the drain.

If you're looking to purely lengthen them, it does the job. But, if you want thicker, longer lashes - which is what I think every girl wants. Then this is not for you. I naturally have very long lashes.

But, on the other hand, my mom, whom has very short ones said this is the only one that doesn't weigh her lashes down. She doesn't care to thicken, simply lengthen. So I guess it just depends for the look you're going for.

on 6/7/2015 1:57:00 PM

I am not normally not one for posting negative reviews, as I'd rather focus on the positives but I felt this needed one. First things first it claims that it " lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts and separates " which also wont " smudge or dry out." I had quite high hopes for this mascara with it being benefit (and I usually love benefit) but my my goodness I was wrong!

The pros to the mascara are well... there's not many. The only few I can think of is: 1, it did make me my lashes long but nothing that my favourite drugstore mascara can't do better (maybeline lash sensational ) and 2 was how long lasting it was like it claims to. It didn't budge of smudge but it has its down sides.

The cons to the product; it stuck my lashes together like nothing I've ever had before! I've had previous clumpy mascaras but this beat them all. My lashes did not look real! it was also IMPOSSIBLE to remove. I really mean IMPOSSIBLE! My strongest removers couldn't touch it. I think this is due to the formula which once applies doesn't just dry but really coats them like tar, is the only way to describe it! And finally it doesn't really do what is claims too. It definitely doesn't curl or volumise at all! I'm very glad I got this in a sample and didn't purchase the whole thing as it is also expensive!

overall I really didn't like this mascara as it just doesn't live up to its claims and is nothing special!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have finicky eyelashes. Or maybe just really watery eyes. So I usually wear water proof but I hate taking it off. I've been looking for a non waterproof mascara that would actually stay put. This one is really nice, it stays put like waterproof on me. Volumizes. Not much for lengthening. Does fine for holding a curl. My issue is that it dries out sooo fast. I've tried microwaving it, warming in water. It just keeps drying out sooooo fast. For that price, I want to be able to use all the product. So close to perfect.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this at the recommendation of a salesperson at Ulta. I wanted to love it, but it just doesn't work for me. When I apply it, it's sticky and stays that way throughout the day. But oddly enough, it is also hard to remove.

I used Philosophy cleanser and then got in the shower, but I had thick black half moons under my eyes when I got out. I looked like a football player! I had to buy eye makeup remover just for this mascara.

I would have returned it but I had already thrown away the receipt. I will probably toss it anyway. I don't even like it enough to save it as an emergency mascara - and for me, that's saying A LOT! That being said, it does go on thick and black, But it also has a pretty strong chemical smell.

on 6/5/2015 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Between this and my tarte mascara, I don't know which one,I love best. long full flirty lashes yes that's me no flaking I was asked 8 times did I have on fakes !

on 6/2/2015 12:48:00 PM

I have been a fan if L'Oreal Voluminous mascara in various versions, but I thought I would branch up a bit because mascara is my absolute must in makeup.

I had a sample of Dior Show and, despite other iffy reviews, it worked beautifully on my very light, short and thinner lashes. After that success, I decided to try Benefit. I actually paid for this sample, so that makes me doubly disappointed.

A. It is very wet
B. I applied it like I always do mascara and it clumped up my lashes. No amount of jiggling the brush would separate them.
C. It added zero length.
D. It added zero volume.

I gave two stars because I realize that not evey product works for every person and it did the job of a basic mascara. It was also dark enough.

It will be going back to Sephora this week. Next up for trial is Lancome, Definicils. Then, in all likelihood, back to Walgreens for some Carbon Black or go way back and revisit the Double Extend.

Two words: spider legs.

It is too wet initially, you will have a short good time in the middle of its life, and then it is too dry and flakey.
Super over-hyped, over priced and there are so much better for such expense.

on 5/28/2015 6:57:00 PM

I am very picky when it comes to mascara. I don't like clumpy lashes, wet or tacky lashes, or smudgy lashes. I generally don't like a mascara that has a super wet consistency and I don't like hard lashes once they're dry, because I tend to get bored and pick at them(I know- it's a little weird, right?). Anyways, this mascara was a bust. I hated spending $20 on it, but since my friends were raving about it I decided to give it a try. This mascara left my eyelashes clumpy and hard, but flakes and smudged around my eyes. It basically was the epitome of a bad mascara to me. I'll stick to my cover girl mascaras, those are my favorite. The drier formula tends to work better, even though I don't have oily skin. This product was not worth it

My gf knows I'm a product junkie so she picked this up for me from Sephora due to my special love for mascara. I have terrific long lashes (thanks to GrandeLashMD which brought back the fabulous lashes I always had but lost after extensions- I don't know WHY I ever bothered with extensions- they DESTROYED my natural lashes- literally left me looking like a burn victim- NO lashes were left !!!!!!!!)

Anyway, my lashes respond very easily to mascara and I saw this was a winner of some award in Allure or Cosmo (I forget) so anyway,,,,,,, it really didn't knock my socks off

My FAVORITE mascaras:

- Lancome O'Scellate (vibrating tip separates and lengthens as well as plumps up)
- followed by clinique curved brush (I forget the exact name - I will edit this once I go look at it) with a curved tip that basically combs the lashes to really separate them and make them pop

Sometimes I'll add a third coat of Telescopic mascara just to really make my eyes pop (or Magna) for night looks

I wasn't impressed and find better by L'Oreal (the cheaper div. of Lancome)

OH- I also love Definicils by L'ancome