Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

on 10/23/2013 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I like the original falsies, it is very watery and goes on smoothly, but this flared version seemed dried out as soon as I opened it. It smells weird too. I have to do like 3 coats and it takes all the curl out of my lashes. I would not buy this again.

on 10/20/2013 7:26:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I didn't hate this product but isn't anything special either. The more I used it the more I liked it however I wouldn't say I liked the mascara. Considering the wand it didn't curl my lashes at all and I found the formula weighed them down. In the beginning I found it to be very clumpy but the longer I had it I worked out how many coats to apply and how to move the wand through my lashes to prevent clumping. It gave a bit of volume and a bit of length but nothing to spectacular. Overall I didn't hate it but I wouldn't rush out and repurchase.

This is a really good mascara. The brush makes a good difference from the original falsies. The bristles are longer so I get almost zero clumps. The waterproof formula holds a curl well and no flakes. I can't do two layers for volume otherwise it's too thick and goppy looking, I have monolids and short lashes. This mascara actually pushes up my eyelids to give me a mini double fold. The bottom lashes also hold well to this mascara. I highly recommend!

I'm really surprised that more people don't like this mascara, as it's a HG product for me -- I'm actually just about to repurchase it.

For me, at least, this mascara scores on all counts. It lengthens like crazy. It also adds a ton of volume to my lashes. It builds easily without clumping, holds a curl all day, and has yet to flake or smudge on me. I also really like the applicator. It's sort of curved, like a spoon, and I find that it's easy to coat all of my lashes with it.

If I have virtually no time to put on makeup in the morning, I will at the very least apply this mascara. I can't live without it at this point.

this is one of my go to mascaras. i had to recently buy a new bottle due to the fact that i ran out and havent had any for a while. its really makes your lashes look as if you were wearing false lashes and stays put most of the day.

on 10/9/2013 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff, it's one of my favorite maybelline mascara's. It doesn't give you the extreme "false lash" look but it does lengthen them significantly and provides incredible volume. My lashes are naturally curly so I don't know how it holds curl if you curl your lashes, but over all it's a good mascara for the price.

on 10/9/2013 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not a big fan. It does what it's supposed to do, lengthens my lashes, is really black and has a useable wand. But, I think it is really really clumpy, to much product comes of (so no, or a bad, stopper) meaning you have to wipe the wand and when I smelled it, it reeked. Apparently I'm not the only one with a smelly one so I suppose it is meant to smell like that, I know you can't smell your lashes but after a while I smell my mascaras to see if they're still good, but this one smelled bad from the beginning...
I'm definitely not repurchasing.

on 9/18/2013 11:44:00 AM

I switched to "cheaper" mascara as they are all really the same, its the brush that makes the difference. Went back to maybelline and picked this up.

I was pleasantly surprised!!! the brush caught every lash and I am very happy with the result. Will purchase again

on 9/18/2013 10:09:00 AM

Horrendous. Absolutely horrible. Clumped and made my eyelashes look shorter than they are without mascara. They made balls of clumps at the ends of my lashes. I've tried almost every drug store/walmart mascara under the sun.. Worst so far

on 9/16/2013 9:20:00 PM

Held a curl nicely and gave good definition... but I have oily lids, and sigh, there were little flakes and smudges after 2 hours. The hunt for the HG of mascara continues!

Popular Mascaras