Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 6/17/2013 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

All I can say is I've never had acne this bad. The first couple days it was okay but a few weeks later my skin is painful and broken out worse than ever. I have many painful cysts, if you have acne prone skin I recommend you DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. I don't understand how it gets good reviews, I mean I guess it's because everyone's skin is different but still it's absolutely awful

on 6/9/2013 6:21:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Broke me out. All I have to say. Ugh.

on 6/1/2013 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I used this in High School six years ago and it broke me out in cystic acne for the week that I used it. I gave it three or four tries and every single time it broke me out. It was really weird too because at that time my skin wasn't sensitive or fussy and I rarely broke out so I really don't think this cleanser is really worth the money.
The packaging was nice and the foam was awesome too, that's how I suckered myself into buying it but after using it I remember it really dried out my skin.

For the record, it wasn't full blown cystic acne, it was just two or three pimples that never came to a head (sorryyy, that's gross) but that aggravated me because it was obviously painful.

I will say that I had a positive experience with the Smart Essentials Pore Purifying Facial Wash two years ago, it made my skin super soft and I felt like it cleaned my face rather nicely at the time.

I don't think I'll be repurchasing Aveeno products because like another reviewer has said, they claim to be all natural but their ingredients list is a little too scary for my touchy face.

on 5/13/2013 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff, I have extremely sensitive skin and have tried so many face washes that dry out my skin on the first wash! I used this stuff for months and never had any problems, it got rid of my acne and kept it away, never dried out my skin, and never left my skin oily. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin.

on 5/13/2013 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

First of all, I can't stress enough that this is NOT for persons with dry skin. I would only recommend this to those with oily or combination skin. This is my all time favourite face wash. My acne days are long gone, but now and again I get a few pimples here and there, and this helps to get rid of them and keep them at bay. One of the main reasons I love this is because it makes my face glow. My skin looks very even and is really soft. I get so many compliments at how radiant my complexion is.

on 5/4/2013 12:30:00 AM

I'm not a fan of this product it didn't do much for my face but dried me out and made my skin super red and more irritated than before plus the pump really sucks it only worked properly twice and then got stuck. However, it does smells great and works great as a body wash but once I'm done the bottle I will not be repurchasing since I prefer the daily moisturizing body wash by aveeno over this.

on 4/22/2013 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this product for a while and I have been enjoying it, my only complaint would be that is does dry out mud skin a little too much,
It definitely helps tame breakouts for me.

on 4/18/2013 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Only used for a few days and my face is CLEAR and smooth already! I love it so far. Will update in 3 weeks time. My skin is prone to eczema, and random rash break outs... Normally use Cetaphil

..................

*update* cannot use this daily on my skin as it will DRY me out!! Use few times a week only. Still a really good product, but not for daily use on eczema-prone/ dry and sensitive skin. For use when u wanna give ur face a GOOD cleanse.

on 4/16/2013 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This was my first cleanser, when I was 12. I used to have acne, but I can't really remember how severe my skin really was. At first, it made my face burn like crazy. (Twelve-year olds shouldn't use such strong cleansers in the beginning! Wish I knew that.) However, it was that painful burn that helped me with my acne...I think. I don't know if it really works now anymore, but I'm almost out of it and reconsidering buying another one. This bottle is my second one. The foam is really fun but the handle gets stuck sometimes, but no biggie. I would definitely recommend it to someone with mild acne!

on 4/11/2013 8:19:00 PM

I have to give this product 5 stars for my specific purposes of using it as my night cleanser along with my Clarisonic Mia (I use Eminence Stone Crop in morning). I don't know why my skin reacts better to BHA in a cleanser as opposed to a treatment in the first step to keeping my skin clear/clog free. Most cleansers, even high end that have Salicylic Acid are usually combined with many other drying agents which long term ends up always drying out even my oily prone skin. I have been thus far using Clarisonic Acne Cleanser as a good gentle formula that has SA, however it doesn't lather enough to my liking with the Clarisonic. I haven't been able to use drugstore products all my life as they are always harsh, full of alcohol, and dry me out. I had tried this Aveeno Foam Cleanser in the past and didn't have great results when just washing with my hands (it as most foam cleansers dried me out yet didn't deep clean). Forward now when looking for a gentle formula with SA I decided to give it a try as I remembered the foam being really creamy and so weird it now work AMAZINGLY with my Clarisonic. I get perfect results I never would get using it manually. My skin is never dried out and stays clean and clear. If this product works for you on it's own that is great considering it is so cheap, otherwise it is the perfect combo with a Clarisonic for nightly deep cleaning and soft skin. There are few cleansers that give a creamy cushiony foam/lather which makes the Clarisonic glide super gently and not irritate skin, among not being full of sulfates/harsh ingredients. Perfect balance for me! :)