Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

on 5/23/2014 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have very oily, acne-prone skin. I decided to use this product due to the pharmacist at Boots preferring this over Vichy. I totally regret buying it! Broke me out after 2 days of using it. I got large cystic acne which stopped when I was on tertacyclin. My spots are large, red, hard and really painful :( Stopped using it immediately and just using homemade remedies to calm my poor skin....It leaves the skin feeling oily and heavy. Clogged my pores and too thick as a facial moisturiser. Wouldn't buy the product ever!

on 5/18/2014 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I get really bad eczema in the winter and summer when conditions can get extreme and this moisturizer works wonders for me. I buy the round tub of it and it lasts forever. Usually moisturizers make my eczema worse or don't help at all but this didn't irritate it and it gradually started to let up and now I can finally say I haven't struggled with it in a long time. I would definitely recommend this for someone with dry skin problems it's a great product.

on 4/16/2014 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have combo/oily skin. I cannot use this product on my face because it makes me break out. So I use this for my dry patches on my body (elbows and knees).

I wouldn't repurchase this because I prefer other lotions for my body.

EDIT: I would repurchase this lotion to use for my body. The weather has been so goddamn hot in my state (Hawaii) and this lotion is awesome to use after the shower. It is non greasy and soaks into the skin quickly without feeling thick or slimy.

on 3/24/2014 3:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I love this lotion. It is affordable with a large amount of product that will last you a while and simple but it works very well. It keeps my body smooth, soft, and i've had dry bumps on my upper arms for years but after using this lotion, the bumps went away and my arms are left very smooth. It got greasy when i tried using it on my combination skin face but it works well on my body.

on 3/23/2014 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It broke me out! And after applying it my skin becomes super greasy and oily. It does have good hydration. I wouldn't buy it again

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Being on the acne.org regimine dried me out horribly, so this was helpful during the horrid hellfire phase of that skin care routine. After my face started calming down a bit, I found that I had to cut back the use of it on my face, as I noticed small breakouts on my jawline. I started using this just as a body lotion and for that, it is AWESOME. If I use something with fragrance and all the other nasty ingredients, my skin gets really irritated and splotchy. This leaves my skin nice and smooth and there is absolutely no irritation.

on 3/5/2014 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Ok let me fill you in on my skin history.
I have tried so many skincare products. You name it I've tried it. I broke out really badly about a year ago and my skin has been terrible since. I was looking here on MUA and I found Cetaphil. It was raved about, so I went down to my local chemist and bought a pack with the Oily Skin Cleanser, this moisutrizer and Benzac AC 2.5% gel.
I went home and tried this out before I went to bed. It was nice. Absorbed after about 30 seconds. Not a very strong smell which is great.
Now, a month and a bit later, my skin has never looked better! It's incredible! Keep in mind that I had huge blind pimples all over my cheeks, terrible scarring and blackheads all over my forehead and chin.
My skin now is so smooth, I barely ever get pimples now (apart from when I am on my period, thanks hormones!)
It wasn't just the moisturizer that cleared my skin (it was also the Oily Skin Cleanser and the Benzac AC 2.5% gel), but this helped. It's cheap (compared to other brands) and it really works!
Good product, Cetaphil!

on 2/17/2014 10:51:00 AM

Great no frills moisturizer! I tend to only wear it at night as it does leave a greasy film on my skin, but I never wake up with dry patches.

on 2/14/2014 3:04:00 PM

I Luv this product all these products r awesome. They keep ur face moisturized.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this moisturizer for a few months now and it is great. I have never experienced any problems with greasiness or shine as other reviewers have, but I don't use this as an all over face moisturizer. I usually apply to dry spots or underneath any powders. This also is a great product to mix with liquid concealer/foundation for a more sheer coverage.
I also apply this after shaving and my legs soak it up like a dream! All over this is a nice, inexpensive moisturizer for general use.