December 18, 2014 | 1071 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Narieh14

This moisturiser is great to go under makeup or at night... I use it on my face and it doesn't get greasy. I ran out of body butter one day and this stuff works just as well on your legs!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by SalMano

I never, ever write reviews for products, but this lotion stood out. I've finally managed to get my acne prone skin under control after a long, frustrating struggle. I am using some fairly drying products (like a retinoids) and my Aveeno moisturizer was not cutting it this winter. My face was too dry to hold makeup and even though it was finally acne free, the texture looked dry and rough. I went for Cetaphil which I now love! I put it on morning and night right after washing my face and give myself a little facial massage with it in the evenings.

I am extremely, extremely careful about what I put on my face but I have had absolutely no acne problems from this.

It does give your skin a little glow (some may call it shine) throughout the day. But I don't mind that, especially in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by wendyxo

i love this lotion! i use this daily after a shower and it keeps my body hydrated throughout the day. it is also fast absorbing and non greasy

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by balancedbeauty

This product is truly a godsend. This is my HG moisturiser for sure. I'm very clog and acne-prone and this lotion, no matter how much i put, will not cause any breakouts.
It's very soothing, and calming and very hydrating with making your skin overly shiny or feeling tacky.
It's a safe product, no parabens or anything like that and contains nourishing macadamia nut oil.
It's not runny and not too thick, so the perfect consistency and it's fragrance-free which is great as fragrance is the number 1 skin irritant.

So, i just take half a coin size worth of lotion and rub it in between my fingers to warm it up a bit, then apply it on your skin in GENTLE circular movements to get your blood flowing. It's gentle enough to bring all the way to your eyes.
When i'm feeling extra-dry or it's nighttime, i add a bit of avocado oil and mix it together OR just apply another layer and damn you've got nice, glowy skin.

This is a cheap product for what it does. It's a superior no-frills, basic moisturizer that will forever have a place in my skincare routine :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Peramesiumeu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can't go wrong with this. It's under 15 dollars and lasts a few months of great use. The convenience can't be beat as t can be purchased almost anywhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Many of the reviews here are indicating that some people use this on their face. I was on Accutane at the time I bought this, so I was definitely in need of something super moisturising. I purchased this originally for my face but when I wore this it just sat as a film on my face - gross! I would definitely not advise anyone to use their face, even if you have dry skin.
However, I was stuck with a very large bottle and so I began to use it as a body lotion after my showers. This acts as a decent moisturiser for your body. I used it on my legs and I liked it. If you're someone who wants something gentle, non-irritating, and a non-scented lotion with a thicker consistency then this would be good for you. I find it is better at moisturising than most lotions. I have sensitive skin after shaving and this did not irritate it which is when I would mostly use it.
The bottle isn't cute, which is usually okay. However, this bottle is way too big to put on your dresser or vanity and hope that it blends in. This was also quite pricey, even though you get a lot of product. The bottle lasted me for about 9 months and I used it quite a bit but I wouldn't spend that much money on something I use as a body lotion.
I would buy a smaller bottle of this, but definitely not the big bottle that it comes with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Considering its price and the quality of this moisterizer, I will repurchase it. It does a fairly good job in moisterizing my skin. A plus of this lotion is that it does not cause breakouts and allergies (and I am hyperallergic to most cosmetic products). But note that it is not one of those products that are supposed to improve your skin dramatically (like renova or AHAs). If you aim at merely moisterizing your sensitive skin and nothing else, then I really recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with my Cetaphil as a gentle cleanser. When you are trying to give your face a nice break from the abuse of medicated treatments, Cetaphil is a great option. It goes on easy and comes off easy and is very cost effective.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Rierae

This was prescribed to me since I was a child due to my eczema, for years I have tried to make this work but sadly my skin reacts badly to this product. It's too sticky to use in a tropical country as well. I tried to use this on my face and after a few days of using it, my face became red and swollen. I will not be coming back to this lotion even if this is what my doctor prescribes.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a very gentle moisturizer, and it doesn't break me out. However, it feels greasy no matter how long it has been on my skin which i absolutely loath. in class i sometimes rub my face to wake myself up, but i hate how my face feels with this on! i like this for a moisturizer mask or after shaving or after a chemical peel though, because it really is just really really gentle. this does not work well under makeup, it made my silicone based concealer and rice powder ball up where ever i put it. not pretty. im rather surprised at the overall rating, i expected it to be below 3 after i tried it out. currently im using a moisturizer by clean and clear and its not mattifying but it at least dries properly on my face. definitely would not repurchase

UPDATE: it is now fall and i like this stuff. it still doesn't absorb completely but now its pretty tolerable, i imagine this would be perfect during winter. i suppose it is because i have slightly oily skin that this happens, would recommend for dry skin types. plus, it hasn't broken me out an i am highly acne prone