July 29, 2014 | 1653 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by sue08

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've spent a fortune on moisturizers, including a brief deluded affair with creme de la mer, but I always come back to this.

I admire Paula B's obsession with antioxidant-loaded creams, but my experience is that they just don't soothe the skin as well as a basic, good old slap of cetaphil.

And my little baby girl's dermatitis is so much better too. Thanks Cetaphil for launching in UK.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by rachelmacfarlanexo

I wanted this as a face moisturizer but it doesn't work the best for face. I have oily skin to begin with, this made it worse. When I put this on, it's very greasy and heavy. It does not soak into my skin, but sits on top. No matter how long it's on my skin, it just sits on top. I can even imagine wearing this under makeup, which I intended to. I'm not sure if this breaks me out, but I will NEVER put this on my face again. Although I do like this for a body moisturizer. I use it after I shave my legs and its perfect! I won't repurchase though

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by coralika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in my early 20s, and since I was about 10, I've been trying out hundreds of different face moisturizers. I've tried ones from the drugstore and ones from department stores that cost hundreds of dollars. I've come to realize though, that a moisturizer is a moisturizer. What is it meant to do? Moisturize my face. That's it. And that's exactly what the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion does.

Last year, I suffered from a sudden onset of eczema. For almost half a year, I was not allowed to use any skincare product with fragrance in it. So for almost 6 months, all I used was my Cetaphil moisturizer. I had never imagined myself using a body lotion for my entire face, but I can't even begin to tell you how amazing my skin became. It had never looked smoother. All my dry patches and redness were gone.

Now, I will admit that this moisturizer is quite heavy on the face. At the same time, I don't find it moisturizing enough for my entire body (I use the Cetaphil cream instead). If I use this before applying my makeup in the morning, my skin will get quite oily very quickly. But, I use this on the days when I don't have any makeup on, and I use this at night. It has made the biggest difference to my skin. It gets rid of any redness immediately overnight, and my skin feels super smooth the next morning.

I'm so glad that I discovered this lotion.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by coffeeandcream

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great for body but not so great for my acne prone face. I have combo/acne prone skin and acne meds can dry it out. I bought both this and the cream in the jar. Neither worked for my face, but between the two, I prefer this. Strangely enough, I think this lotion is more hydrating than the cream for some reason.

I absolutely loved the way this made my skin feel... very very soft. It does leave your skin feeling a bit "tacky", which is what I wanted because I was suffering from dry flakes. It did take care of the flakes and left my skin feeling amazing... hydrated, smooth and soft. I became bold and decided to use it on my cheeks and that's when my problems arose. My cheeks are really prone to getting clogged and when I do get clogs on my cheeks, for some reason they take forever to heal. This caused about 5 large clogs on my cheeks and I am still trying to fade the hyperpigmentation leftover from them.

If you have dry or combination skin that is not clog prone, and are looking for a heavy moisturizer, you might like this. This is *not* a light moisturizer, so keep that in mind. I loved that it is fragrance free, comes in a pump and had a nice texture. This also worked so nicely as an under eye cream, but because I worried it would migrate and cause breakouts, I stopped using there.

I will use it up on my legs (for after shaving) and hands but not sure if I will repurchase as I prefer a different hand cream and I am kind of lazy about using body lotions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Nikki_L

Very moisturizing and absorbs quickly. My skin is very dry and this does the trick without being too greasy. Non-fragrance and non-irritating for my sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Katch98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this with my cetaphil sensitive facial cleanser as I thought it would be good to have a moisturiser of the same brand (similar ingredients.) However I was disappointed as I found that it made my skin oily and some of my pimples worse. I still have the product as an emergency treatment for bad red dry patches, but I would definitely not recommend using it everyday if you have combination and sensitive skin. But I must give credt for the face that it doesn't react with my skin in a way of drying it out or making it go red, so itmight be good to try if you have serious dry skin problems, or if you might apply it to your body.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by SkinMasquerade

this moisturizer is one of my favs, its light, fragrance free, non comedogenic, and non irritating, this moisturizer gives the skin a dewy look(I am not a big fan of the dewy look)
its sold quite cheap for how much product you get compared to other drugstore moisturizer, and it last forever(I have had mine for over 7 months
I do recommend this product and try it out with cetaphll's gentle skin cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

I am ok with the fact that moisturizers should be unscented and smell a little gross. I've gotten over that.
However this moisturizer felt awful. When applied my skin was matte, I really don't care about that; I like shiny, clear skin.
Within 10 mins of application my face was sweating. There was this disgusting, waxy feeling to my skin. Luckily I purchased the travel size.
I don't know what to do with it. I can't put it on my body, I tried that and caused pimples on my chest.
This stuff is lame.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ivysaur

Try to avoid using it as a facial moisturizer. I've been using it for a few weeks in pea sized amounts, and it leaves my face with enough oil to grease down a frying pan. It's become a lot oilier especially since it is summer. This is better for dry areas (in winter) on your body.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by xoZoeyxo

This is really good for relieving dry skin. My brother who has eczema uses this all the time and it really helps. I use this once in a while and it really helps the dry patches on my skin go away. I keep a mini bottle with me in my purse or locker since my hands are always dry and this is definitely a must have for me. It is scent free so if your really sensitive I highly recommend this for you.