November 28, 2014 | 2048 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by kkeanisie

This product is a godsend for me! I've had acne for about 4 years now, it's never really gone away, but some weeks are better than others. I started using this when I finally took a look at my face and was horrified by how much discoloration and dark spots were left from my acne. I bought this product and used it morning and night, along with my normal skin care products which was just tea tree face wash and toner from the body shop, and within the first week I noticed that my skin was much brighter, softer, and I hadn't had any breakouts, and even less pimples than usual. I kept using it until the bottle was finished (it lasted about 2 months for me) , and near the end of the bottle, my skin was amazing! It was like I never had acne before. My marks were faded about 80% my skin was soft and luminous, and I had hardly any pimples, and my skin was glowing! I actually enjoyed putting makeup on for once because my skin looked so flawless with it on. My friends and even their parents were like "what happened to your skin?! Wow!" ... So yeah. Love this product, it worked a miracle for me!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by shar037

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

While getting matched for Double-Wear Light, the salesperson showed this to me. When I saw the light reflective particles, I assumed it to be yet another gimmicky product that does nothing but make you shimmer.
In my book, shimmer is cosmetics- not skincare.
But , I will say that this product is truly both.
After 1 week of using this, I looked at myself in the rear view mirror and could barely believe how amazing my skin looked. No, I didn't look for very long and no, I did not get into a car accident:)
I did some digging on Beautypedia and dug some more to validate Paula B's claims.
She is correct that this contains the very same ingredients as (Estee Lauder owned) Clinic's Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector. However, I am a chemist and I must point out that we do not know amounts of ingredient's nor the type of preparation, for either of these products.
Therefore, they could work very differently.
I once spent $300 on some stuff by Orlane and had nothing close to the results with this product.
Sun spots are already fading and the skin under my eyes does not look as thin.
As Paula B point out, there isn't a lick of research proving this products effectivness.
But, when I look in the mirror...I don't need any research!

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by suebeck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I too bought this product hoping to even out my skin tone ( I am a medium-brown tone Caribbean woman) , but also, I was sorely disappointed. After 6 - 8 weeks, I have seen no discernible tonal difference although my skin feels smoother. I usually love EL products - the Advanced Night Repair is great - and I can't bear to throw out the bottle after paying so much for a large size, so I will use the rest on my arms, legs and body. After all, if it's designed to improve facial skin tone/texture, it can be used elsewhere. (Which I will also be doing with Idealist pore minimizer - it clogs the facial pores something rotten!)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by absolutepitch1825

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product didn't do anything for me. Just finished first bottle and saw no result. It would be ok as just a moisturizer but shouldn't expect more than that. It did not fade my age spot nor even out skin tone. Rather disappointed.Will not recommend to anyone.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Shelbs7455

I bought this product because I was concerned with the fact that I had uneven skintone, a couple of very noticable acne scars and because of my large pores. I have combination skin, but I often get random breakouts on my face as well. I started using this product about a year and a half ago and it has been the best thing i've ever done for my face. Prior to using this, I tried the Clinique, Philosophy and Lancome products to even my skintone, but none of them worked like this. After about a week of using this, my skin was much softer and felt more moisturized. After a little over a month, I stopped breaking out and my large acne mark on my cheek faded a great deal. I've also noticed my pores getting smaller and my skinntone is much more even. While it is costly, it has been the only thing that has worked for me, and only a small amount of it is needed. Over a year later, it is as though I have a new set of skin on my face!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by JunkieXL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for over a year now and my skin looks great. My skin tends to be reactive but I never had any rash using this lotion. It's easy to use because of the pump bottle, it gives a 'pick me up' without looking shiny or greasy and a little goes a long way. Works great under foundation and leaves my skin feeling and looking smooth. Just one pump at a time is all I need.

The price tag is a bit of a deal breaker... I think it's very expensive. But then again, I've been using my bottle for over a year now and it's still not empty so for me it's worth the investment.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by ttnigu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am allergic to this. dont know if anyone has the same problem. every time i used it, my face would have bad redness on the cheek. so i stopped trying and threw it away...........

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by RedheadDior

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for 2 days now, I know I will have to edit at some point. I usually wait to write a review but I've had constant mild to moderate acne. The morning after the first night I used it my skin was clear! I didn't use anything else like sulfur mask or spot treatments. Day 2 and my skin is still smooth and recent acne marks are starting to flatten. This seems like a miracle to me and I hope I'm not premature about my rave reviews. We'll see. For now I'm happy. I originally bought this to help my discoloration but had no idea it was going to help my pimples.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by egunn

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product! I've been using it daily for 2.5 months and my skin has been completely transformed.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the shimmer, so I've actually been using this as my night treatment instead of using it during the day.

I have been suffering from breakouts since I was a teenager and I've tried everything (prescription and over the counter products) and this is the first time my skin has ever been so clear. I broke out a bit at first (about the 3rd week), but I think it was my skin's way of eliminating a lot of built up "gunk" in my pores (similar to the breakouts you get when you start using a Px like Retin-A). I'm happy I was patient and stuck with it!

My skin is softer, clearer and smoother. I used to have dry & oily skin that was also sensitive and it's now finally "normal".

However, I have one dark spot on my face (from the sun) that isn't going away very quickly. So while this product is meant to reduce dark spots, in my case it's been better at clearing up my skin overall than eliminating one dark spot.

I highly recommend this for anyone who is looking for a gentle way to clear up their skin.

The rest of my routine includes Cetaphil to wash, EL Time Zone eye cream and EL Daywear SPF15. And I am no longer using any acne treatments, only Idealist.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by GayLynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to agree with some of the previous reviews. I've been using ths twice a day with no improvement as far as darks spots go. My skin does feel soft and smooth, but I purchased this to fade dark spots.from sun exposure. :(